Jump to content
    Keith2013
  • Author
  • 901 Words
  • 987 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Letting Go - 4. Chapter 4

"Hi Elliot!" Keith had already taken a shower and got dressed when he dialed Elliot's number.
 
"Hey baby, I was just calling you earlier." Elliot put down his violin and poured himself some Bushmills.
 
"Yea I got your message, and sure we still stick to our plan for tomorrow," Keith said, "I'm quite curious what Dr. Quentin will show us this time." Keith threw himself on the Coaster Victoria Leather Sofa in the living room.
 
"Anything from his lab should be good, that man's got the thoughts of a ten years old and hands of God." Elliot said in a admire sort of tone.
 
"Hands of God?” Keith found this term amusing, “Are you still talking about his inventions? Remember the dream recording chip he invented one month ago which causes more nerve damage because it increases the frequency of nightmare?" Keith chortled.
 
"Well you got to admit that was kind of cool, it was like watching Freddy vs. Jason in live. But he does made us promise not to tell anyone about that invention."
"Yea whatever, he likes keeping his inventions away from the public and media. Anyway," Keith knew this conversation was not going anywhere interesting, so he decided to stop beating about the bush, "I know you have this show tonight."
 
Elliot felt his heart started bouncing faster against his chest. He grabbed his glass tighter, licking the liquid inside like he was enjoying someone's warm lips.
 
"But...Hmmm..." Keith sighed heavily, a bit too heavy as a matter of fact, "I'm really sorry I won't be able to make it tonight, Dustin was here one second ago and we decided to go to this before-party and then hit that club I told you about."
 
Truth was, Dustin was never there, Keith had totally made that up, he just wished Elliot could understand someone else was also out there for him and if he didn't make a move soon then he would have to back off. But that was only a trick to get Elliot take the bait, Keith never wanted to let Elliot go.
 
Keith had been crazy about Elliot and he still was, he was just not sure how long he could hang on there like this. He, was Keith, after all.
 
Elliot put his whisky down.
 
"Dustin was there? What did you guys do?"
 
Keith sensed the jealousy and alarm from Elliot's voice, and a sense of satisfaction aroused. Things always worked for Keith like this, he clarified his needs, and he got it, which was why it infuriated him when he couldn't get from Elliot what he wanted, more devotion in a loving relationship.
 
"Yea, well, he just dropped by, he brought me those signed mix from Armin Van Buuren, he knows my passion for that guy." Keith didn't want to go too far, he didn't want to hurt his teddy bear that much, "But hey, for tonight, uhmm.. If I can manage I promise I will drop by to your show, and if not you can come to my place for the night."
 
"That would be nice... Uhmm... There is someone else who will also be there, Jeffrey...." Elliot wasn’t sure Keith would like this idea, but Jeffery had called him minutes ago and after Elliot had told him about his show, Jeffery had suggested to go with him, and since Keith was not going he thought why not and had agreed.
 
"Jeffery? Jeffery who?" Keith became alert.
 
"He was from my academy, he called me just few minutes ago saying he's back in town and he wanted to meet, he heard about my show tonight so he wanted to come and see. I... Er... I hope that’s fine."
 
"Oh, ok, sounds fun, hey I got another phone call, I think it's Dustin, he did mention he wants to go shopping this afternoon. So I'll give you a call tonight... Or not, cause probably you will be busy and your phone would be off. Anyway, good luck with your show tonight."
 
Keith clicked off his cell before Elliot could say another word.
 
Going out with another guy? How outrageous! Keith felt being replaced even though he was the one who had decided not go to with Elliot.
 
Keith might be using Dustin as a camouflage for not going to Elliot's show, but Dustin was actually planning to get back with Keith, and tonight he would try even if it involved kneeling down under Keith's knees.
 
Keith had broken up with Dustin one and a half years ago, Dustin had gone through a very tough period to get over with it, and not long ago Dustin broke up with a guy he went out with for 3 month and ever since then he had started constantly thinking about Keith and this feeling just got stronger and stronger until he couldn't bear it anymore, but he knew about Keith's feeling for Elliot so he wasn't sure whether it was a good idea to surrender to this feeling. Now he knew Keith gave up attending Elliot's show to go out with him, he took that as a sign that things were not going well between them and Keith now was in the perfect state of being consoled by someone else, namely, him.
©Copyright (2013) (Keyong Ma); All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I think this game of cat and mouse is going to get nasty. Both guys are making a mistake, and going to cause a lot of heartache if they don't get their head out of their butts.

Sounds like Jeffrey and Dustin are open for relationships. Not a good scenario :,(

You are doing a great job with the story!

Link to comment

I wanna smack both these kids upside their heads!!!!! They are being so pig-headed and stupid!

 

They've been together for two years - why are they trying to mess that up? Keith is lying to Elliot and Keith said he wanted a loving relationship. Well, he's lying to the person he loves. If he wants a loving relationship, he has to be honest with Elliot. If he knows Elliot's shy and it's hard for him to admit his feelings or tell Keith what he wants, then Keith should help him come out of his shell, not lie to him and backstab him.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..