Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 982 Words
  • 1,061 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Homecoming - 21. Chapter 21

Anton's lawyer shows up.

After Adam helped carry Kyle into the office. He stepped aside for his father who draped his coat over his third son's still body. A gesture Troy’s done for all his sons whenever they needed, an extra hug, he would call it.

While his family was distracted, Adam turned and walked out of the room leaving the station.

Adam went straight to his jeep. Paul and his father will take care of his mother. What he needed to do was get some answers and he knew just the person to get them from.

A sudden banging on his window brought him back as he saw Sheriff Owen gesturing him to roll down his window. Adam hesitated, but opened it.

“Adam, I have to tell you that whatever you do. Please keep it legal for your mother's sake.”

“I'll try,” responded Adam.

“The DVDs showed Eric and Anton having consensual sex. I believe Anton was the last person to see Eric Perkins alive. I need something to prove me wrong.”

“Should you be telling me this?”

“It will all come out when the lawyer gets here. I just thought you should know.”

“Thanks, Sheriff.”

“I don't want to send your mom to jail. But I will if I have no other choice.”

“I understand.” The sheriff stepped back as Adam closed his window and drove off.

A loud thundering sound came from up above. Chris looked up and saw a helicopter coming down for a landing in the middle of the street. Cars moved out of the way as the aircraft touched the ground. The rotor blade continued to turn as the door opened and a mature male climbed out carrying a briefcase. His full hair that was frosted with gray at the temples blew against the wind. He kept bending forwards a bit and ran from under the blades. Once he was cleared the helicopter took off and flew away.

Chris was walking towards him as he approached the station. They met halfway.

“That was some entrance,” said Chris.

“Yes, well, I have urgent business Sheriff Owens,” The man was as tall as Chris with a broad chest and a deep Spanish accent. His high-end suit and Italian shoes complimented his fit body.

“Urgent business?”

“Yes, my name is Philip Gomez and I’m Anton Potter’s lawyer.”

*************

Philip Gomez, a friend, and personal lawyer to Raoul Valdez. He is also Patrick Valdez’s godfather. Patrick had called him during a meeting, on his private cell line. He called a recess to take the call from his godson.

“Hello Patrick, how are you?”

“I'm fine.”

“What can I do for you?”

“I need your help, but you can never tell my father.”

“Oh, nice.”

“Please Uncle Philip, this is important.”

“Tell me what it is first.”

“My friend's mother is in trouble.”

“Your friend’s name?”

“Do you promise not to tell my father?”

“Please say this friend’s name is not Adam Potter. The same Adam Potter your father forbid you to see?”

“It is. But this is about his mother, Anton Potter.”

“Anton? But you said it was his mother.”

“Adam and his brothers grew up calling him mom.”

“It couldn’t be him,” Philip said in a whisper.

“What did you say?” asked Patrick.

“Tell me something. Is Anton married to a Troy Potter?”

“Yeah, that’s Adam’s dad. How did you know that?”

“Never mind that give me the address.” Patrick gave him the name of the town and the address. Philip wrote it down on a notepad. “What's he in trouble for?”

“The police suspect him of murder.”

“Murder? I’m on my way.”

“But my dad…”

“Don’t worry about that. He’ll never find out.”

“Thank you, uncle.” They hung up and Philip walked to a photo that hung on his wall near his bar. It was a group shot of him and his closest friends when he was in college. Raoul and Philip were in the middle. Raoul had his arm around a young and lovely Drusilla. Philip had his arm around a slim male with long, dark, raven hair that past his shoulders, wearing a tee shirt with a decal of the Mach 5, Speed Racer’s race car. His fresh young face glowed with unmatched beauty. Philip told his assistant to cancel his meeting.

“Tell them I had an urgent matter to attend to. Also, cancel any appointments for the rest of the week.”

Driving was out, the traffic would be congested. He decided to take his company's helicopter. Thankfully Raoul and Drusilla were out of town buying art for their collection. Raoul made it clear not to disturb him unless it had to do with Patrick. Philip will take responsibility for his godson and any backlash if Raoul finds out.

***********

“Hello Mr. Potter my name is Philip Gomez your lawyer,” he said handing Troy his card.

“Hello,” said Troy.

“I was placed under retainer by Patrick Valdez to act as Anton Potter’s lawyer.”

“Patrick did this?” said Troy.

“He did and I am happy to help.”

“But there’s no way I can afford your services?” said Troy.

“Do you have a dollar?”

“I do.”

“May I, have it?”

Troy pulled out a dollar and handed it to Philip, who in return, placed it in his pocket.

“There—you paid me in full.”

“But…”

“You want the best working for your husband, don’t you?”

“Yeah dad, let him,” said Kyle, feeling better.

“Alright. Thank you.”

“Don’t thank me yet. Let me get him home to you.” Philip looked at Chris. “Sheriff if you please, I’d like to see my client and so would his family.”

“This way,” said Sheriff Owen. As they all followed the sheriff Paul tugged his father's sleeve.

“Dad, what about Adam?” he whispered.

“Adam's doing his part to help your mother. So, let's leave him to it,” said Troy. Paul shook his head in agreement.

Thanks for everyone's support I hope you'll all stick around until the end.
Denise Matthews 2016
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..