Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 1,182 Words
  • 1,444 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Homecoming - 3. Chapter 3

Adam takes Justin to get breakfast.
Adam walks in on his new kitchen.
Patrick sort of explains....

Adam invited Justin to come with him to get breakfast for the three of them.

“You sure your boyfriend won’t be pissed?”

“He suggested that I take you.”

Justin grabbed his coat and they left together going to Adam’s favorite diner. When they got there it was crowded, so they sat at the counter and ordered their takeout there and two coffees while they waited for their food.

“Justin, my family is having a birthday dinner for me at the farm and they invited you.”

“Cool, I’d love to. Is Patrick coming?” Justin asked, spooning in several measures of sugar into his cup.

“Of course,” answered Adam, watching Justin with great concern for his blood sugar level.

“Oh,” Justin said, stirring the cream in his coffee.

“Oh. What does oh, mean?”

“Well, I thought Patrick would get bored at small events for us simple folk.”

“Patrick is more down to earth than you think,” said Adam, taking a sip of the much-needed coffee.

“Really. I wouldn’t get that from looking at your kitchen.”

“For your information, he’s back there cleaning up his mess. And before you ask, he insisted on doing it himself.”

“Did he also insist on buying you a new microwave, coffeemaker, and toaster?”

“They can all be replaced. Wait, he broke the toaster?”

“I believe he hid it in the oven, I saw the cord sticking out.” Adam took another swallow of his coffee.

“It’s still no big deal.”

“Your mom is going to be thrilled to meet him.”

“My parents will love him once they get to know him.”

“And his cooking,” Justin smiled, as he raised the cup of sweeten coffee to his lips and drank half of it down.

“Okay, enough.”

“Okay, sorry. Changing the subject. Is Kyle going to be there?”

“Well, he lives there.”

“Cool, he’s fun.”

“Are you two turning into a couple?”

“No, but we chat online. And he comes up for visits.”

“He never visits me.”

“You’re not putting out.”

“I see. So, does that mean you’re coming?”

“Can I ride with you? I hate driving long distances alone.”

“Sure, but Patrick has shot gun. And we’re spending the night so go home and pack a bag.”

“I can bunk with Kyle.”

“We’ll see where we’re all bunking, when we get there.” Their order arrived and Adam pasted on a generous tip the young man who served them. Adam carried the platters and Justin carried three coffees.

They walked over to Adam’s building, and noticed a Merry Maid cleaning van and an appliance store van parked in front. Adam approached his front door when he was cut off by five uniformed Merry Maid cleaners walking out. They were talking amongst themselves about the tip they received as they passed Adam and Justin.

Justin raised his eyebrows at Adam, who needed to see for himself. The elevator opened and they rode up in silences until the doors opened on the second floor.

“Should I leave the building?” asked Justin.

“There’s no need for that, but you should have your breakfast at your desk.”

“Okay.”

Adam walked through his office and gave Justin his breakfast platter and coffee. He grabbed the tray with the remaining two coffees and the bag with the two meals and walked to his office. He opened the door to his apartment and almost ran into a man wearing a department store logo on his work shirt.

“Excuse me, sir,” the man said, with a smile, as he held, at least, three twenty-dollar bills in his hand. He walked past Adam and out of his office.

Adam raced upstairs and found Patrick standing in the kitchen reading a manual for the new coffee maker he just bought.

“Patrick,” said Adam, sitting the food and coffee down on the spotless counter.

Patrick looked over at him and smiled. “You’re back,” he said. “Just in time.”

“For what?”

“To eat. I’m famished.”

“Patrick why was a cleaning crew here?”

Patrick looked at him confused by the question. To-clean,” he said.

“I thought you said you would clean everything?”

“I did.”

Adam shook his head. “What about the delivery van?”

“I needed to replace all the items I broke.”

“Patrick when you said you would handle everything I didn’t expect people in my home I didn’t invite.”

“Don’t worry, I was right here. They were very professional.”

“That’s not the point.” Adam walked over to the coffee maker and noticed it was a high-end model. “My coffee maker was not this fancy.”

“I know this one is supposed to grind the coffee and it makes espressos,” Patrick said, leafing through the manual. Adam took the handbook and placed it down.

“Patrick, we need to have a talk.”

“Is it about the list, your mom sent you?”

“What, no. Wait, how do you know about that?”

“I saw it in your email.”

“You what?”

“Don’t worry, I didn’t read anything else. I Just printed the list and ordered everything.”

“You ordered everything?”

“Yes. Also, I found the address in your address book and had it all sent on.”

“It’s being delivered?”

“Yes, it is.”

“That was, a great help.”

“You’re welcome.”

“Thanks.” They kissed. Adam, forgetting why he was mad at Patrick. The thought of having to hunt down role playing gear was draining for Adam. Patrick opened a draw and pulled out silverware and napkins. He walked over to the table where the food rest and started removing containers from the bag. He set everything out and Adam joined him for their meal.

After devouring half of the container Adam decided to mention Justin to Patrick.

“By the way. Justin asked if he could ride with us.”

“Well, okay, but with there be enough room?”

“Of course, plenty.”

“Then that’s fine. I also called ahead and the staff is packing my things now, but I do need to get something at Mia’s, can you take me? Or I can call my driver.”

“No, I can take you.”

“Do you want me to help you pack?”

“No, I’m good.”

“All right, Mia can bring me back here and someone will drop my luggage off here.”

“Patrick. The next time you want to use a cleaning crew to clean here. Tell me first.”

“Alright. Just so you know they cleaned everything.”

“Everything?”

“Yeah. They would have been done sooner and you would have never known, but I figure I was paying extra they might as well do everything. Your sheets are in the washer so put them in the dryer before we leave.”

“Wow, okay.” Adam noticed the place looked cleaner. The bed made with a chocolate on his pillow, his shoes, put up, and the living room straighten.

“You should let me bring Poe over, he can do all of your cleaning and cooking when I’m here.”

“I don’t mind doing housework.”

“But why do it, when Poe can. You’ll have more time for me,” he smiled. They finished the rest of their meal in silence as Adam wondered how his parents were going to accept Patrick and his eccentric ways.

Adam has his hands full. Hope you all like this one
Denise Matthews 2016
  • Like 9
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

adam can't be mad at patrick just because patrick took care of cleaning differently than adam would. i read the 1st story and this one in one sitting. now i want more, although i think patrick needs to tell adam all of his past. the more patrick waits, the more adam will be hurt/
mogwai

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

I want Patrick as a boyfriend so he can take care of cleaning my house... lol It sounded like Justin was jealous of Patrick...wonder where that will lead?

Link to comment
On 09/26/2016 09:44 AM, Valkyrie said:

I want Patrick as a boyfriend so he can take care of cleaning my house... lol It sounded like Justin was jealous of Patrick...wonder where that will lead?

Yes, Justin and Patrick are not the best of friends when it comes to Adam and it will only get worst and the story progress.

Thanks for the review. :)

Link to comment
On 09/25/2016 11:44 PM, mogwhy said:

adam can't be mad at patrick just because patrick took care of cleaning differently than adam would. i read the 1st story and this one in one sitting. now i want more, although i think patrick needs to tell adam all of his past. the more patrick waits, the more adam will be hurt/

mogwai

Wow, are you a mind reader? Patrick is holding back a lot from Adam and it will put a strange on their relationship. Thanks for reading the first one and I will keep posting a chapter day. Thank for the review. :)

Link to comment

Like your earlier commenter, I read the first story in one sitting, just yesterday. When I began this tale, I was excited to see growth from Patrick, since I saw from the description that he and Adam are still together. Imagine my surprise at the status quo! I thought Patrick had to get a job and cut back on his spending. And all that shit for overnight? Unacceptable. Adam's constant giving in to Patrick disappoints me. He could spoil his boyfriend AND set limits at the and time. His character seemed more self-aware in the first story.

 

One more thing: The repeat of the rape plot line only works in my opinion, because of the possibilities of Justin, Patrick and Anton forming a healing bond. But I like the characters a lot, and the plot and your writing style are refreshing.

Link to comment
On 10/04/2016 11:39 AM, Geemeedee said:

Like your earlier commenter, I read the first story in one sitting, just yesterday. When I began this tale, I was excited to see growth from Patrick, since I saw from the description that he and Adam are still together. Imagine my surprise at the status quo! I thought Patrick had to get a job and cut back on his spending. And all that shit for overnight? Unacceptable. Adam's constant giving in to Patrick disappoints me. He could spoil his boyfriend AND set limits at the and time. His character seemed more self-aware in the first story.

 

One more thing: The repeat of the rape plot line only works in my opinion, because of the possibilities of Justin, Patrick and Anton forming a healing bond. But I like the characters a lot, and the plot and your writing style are refreshing.

Yes while writing this story Patrick is not a willing participant to behave responsibly. He still has trials to go through before yielding to Adam's rules.

Adam is working through a lot of things to be heavy handed with Patrick in free he might frighten him away.

So much more is going to be revealed about Adam's family that will push Adam to the edge.

Another page tomorrow and again thanks for reading and reviewing.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..