Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 5,795 Words
  • 1,443 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Homecoming - 31. Chapter 31

Here it is the last 2 chapters. I reedit and needed one more chapter. please enjoy.

In the days to follow, the LARP event was canceled, Mia assisted Paul with the refunding to the guest while the family prepared for Tina’s funeral.

People gathered at the Potter’s farm to say goodbye to Tina. In her will, she asked to be cremated and to remain near the Potter farm. Troy and Anton decided to have the viewing in their home. A few people showed up including Sheriff Owens, Detective Chee and Detective Tso in their uniforms. Anton, with help from a few friends, and Mia prepared food and drinks. Troy wanted Anton to relax, but Anton refused and went right on working.

Tina’s Urn was in the living room on the mantel. People who passed it, place a flower beside it. Damien came home to say goodbye to Tina and to be there for his family.

After Pastor Tosha gave the sermon she asked if anyone wanted to say a few words. People were hesitant as the situation was sensitive as it was so close to home. But Anton stood up still holding his husband’s hand. He glanced at his husband and smiled and walked to the front.

“What is there to say about Tina,” he began, clearing his throat.

Anton’s eyes were red from crying on and off. He cooked and cleaned to keep his mind off the past few days, barely eating. When he stopped from exhaustion and laid beside Troy in their bed, he would weep openly. Troy took Anton in his arms and held him until he fell asleep. Then the next morning Anton would do it all again.

“Tina, was a wish come true. She was an observer at a few of our events. She took many impressive photographs, that to this day, are hanging in our gift shops and home. She became a confidant of me and Troy. And when we told her we wanted children, she suggested that she become our surrogate.”

Damien moved over a seat and sat with his father taking his hand in his. Damien favored Anton in looks, but was built like Troy, he also had Tina’s eyes.

“Tina blessed us with four handsome, strong boys. We were overjoyed. And we knew she was too. Only somewhere along the way, Tina was cursed with bad luck. She was in an accident and it left her unable to have any more children. We decided to make her the boys Godmother to make up for her loss. But sadly, it didn’t help. We came to find out she was abusing her medicine, which made her believe she was the rightful mother. Tina has done some terrible things, but I blame the drugs, not Tina. She wasn’t in her right mind when she…”

Anton had to stop when his head started to spin and he was losing his balance. Troy and Damien were in the front row and rushed to his side, catching him before he went down. Others, including Adam and Kyle went to Anton, who regained control.

“Sorry, it’s alright. I was a little dizzy, but I’m fine,’ said Anton.

“You need to eat,” stated Troy, holding his mate around his waist.

“And I will, after I finish what I have to say.”

“Then I’m staying up here with you.”

“Alright,” Anton agreed. “It’s fine everyone, I’m fine. Please sit down.”

Adam walked back to his seat where Patrick was waiting. He sat down, taking Patrick’s hand in his. Patrick rested his head, on Adam’s shoulder. Paul returned to Mia’s side, Kyle sat beside Justin and Damien sat down as well. When everyone settled, Anton continued.

“Sorry about that. As I was saying. When Tina performed those appalling acts, she wasn’t in her right frame of mind. And that cost her, her life.” Anton swallowed a lump in his throat, leaning on Troy. “I’m here to say that I forgive her, and I hope all the ones, that was affected by her actions, would consider their hearts and remember the sweet, loving woman that Tina was and not what she became. Thank you.”

Everyone applauded except Adam and Paul. Anton noticed and gave his boys an understanding smile. With Troy’s help, he returned to his seat.

Tina was buried under a young tree in the town’s cemetery.

People returned to the Potter farm with more food and condolences. The Potter clan gathered on the porch, each with a slice of pie with Sheriff Owen, Detective Chee and Detective Tso. Adam kept Patrick by his side on the step. Kyle sat beside his father and mother on the porch swing, Anton sat in the middle. Paul and Mia sat on a loveseat, and Damien leaned on the railing.

“Mom did they interrogate you without a lawyer?” asked Kyle.

“No honey,” responded Anton.

“Did they give you a mug shot?”

“Well yes.”

“Can we get copies?”

“I, have to consider that.”

“Did they try to abuse their badge?”

“I think they did. But they claim they were going by the book.”

“Really, nothing that goes on, on those TV shows you watch happens in real life” assured Chris.

“That's what he claims,” said Anton winking at Kyle who smile back.

“What’s going to happen to Eric’s farm?” asked Paul.

“Since Eric Perkins had no family, it will be put on auction,” said Chris.

“What about the DVD’s?” asked Anton.

“Well since there will be no trial I assume they’ll be given back to the victims.”

Troy and Damien noticed Adam listening but said nothing.”

“Were there other victims?” asked Kyle.

“I’m not allow to say, Kyle.” Adam clanked his fork on his plate finishing his pie. Patrick was done his as Adam took the dishes and was headed into the house with them.

Kyle rose and grabbed his brother’s dishes.

“It’s okay Adam I’ll take them in.” Adam couldn’t protest as Kyle walked away.

“Why don’t you show Patrick around the farm,” Troy suggested to Adam.

“I’d like that,” said Patrick.

Adam, relieved that he didn’t have to stay for their conversation grabbed Patrick’s hand and pulled him after him.

“Is Adam alright?” asked Paul.

“He just has things to work out,” said Anton.

*************

Kyle found dishes in the sink and started loading them in the dishwasher when he glanced into the hall and saw Justin talking to one of their neighbors. A young attractive teacher who volunteers for their LARP events in the summer. Justin didn’t notice him watching as he flirted with the male. They both turned and walked into the living room vanishing from Kyle’s sight.

“Here you go,” said a voice behind him. Kyle snapped his head back and saw Kai holding several plates.

“What? Oh. Thanks Kai.”

“I can give you a hand with these.” Kai started, before being interrupted.

“Kai, Chris said do you want a ride back to the station he’s leaving now,” said Damien. Kai wanted to say no but he was on duty.

“It’s OK Kai. Thanks for bringing me the dishes.” Kyle just took the dishes and focused on his task. Kai just nodded and walked back outside with Damien.

***********

Patrick walked beside Adam in silence holding his hand. When they reached the side of the barn where no one could see them Adam stopped and sat on the ground pulling Patrick down with him.

“Why so quiet?” asked Patrick.

“I almost lost you.”

“But you didn’t”

“I could have missed.”

“But you didn’t.”

Patrick…”

“Adam, you saved me. Like the times before. I knew you would always come for me.”

Adam touched the bruise on Patrick’s chin. Patrick grabbed his hand and kissed it.

“I’m fine. As long as I’m with you nothing can hurt me.”

“I love you Pat.”

“Never stop saying it.”

Adam leaned in and kissed him. He was about to do more when his cell rang. Sighing that he had to stop he answered.

“Hello,” he said gathering Patrick into his arms.

“Adam everyone is leaving and we all decided to use your birthday gift to Patchy Paintball Playing Field,” said his mother.

“You guys want to play paintball?” asked Adam. Patrick’s eyes lit up and shook Adam.

“Yeah, let’s go.” Adam loved seeing Patrick smile and decided to cave.

“Sure, why not. We’re on our way.”

 

Chapter

It was Adam, Patrick and Justin’s last night at the farm before going home. Damien decided to stay on for a week in his room in the attic.

Everyone was getting ready for bed. Patrick back sharing Adam’s bed, Paul and Mia in his, and Justin in Kyle’s room.

Kyle sat at his desk still dressed, while Justin sat on his bed.

“Kyle,” stated Justin. “I still like you. Whenever you come to visit Adam we can hook up.”

“I might do that,” said Kyle, not looking at Justin.

“If you want I can sleep on the couch, but I would rather be here with you.”

Kyle finally turned to Justin and stared at his soft lips and secretive face and wanted to kiss him, but knew he was only setting himself up to be hurt again.

“You’re staying here and I’m going downstairs,” he said, kissing Justin on the side of his mouth. “Let’s keep this as just friends. Okay?”

“Okay.”

Kyle grabbed his pillow and blanket and headed for the door. He grabbed the knob and stopped. Kyle looked back at Justin, who rose to his feet. Kyle dropped the things in his hands and moved back to Justin grabbing him and kissing him with no barriers. Justin wrapped his arms around Kyle’s neck.

Kyle lingered as they parted touching their foreheads. Justin was breathless as his fingers tugged at Kyle’s tee shirt.

“Just stay with me,” begged Justin. Kyle blinked as he regained control of his emotions and gently pushed the pleading blonde away.

“I can’t and I won’t. I want more Justin.”

“I understand.” They stepped back from one another and Kyle picked up his pillow and blanket.

“You know, Adam has things set in his mind in a certain way. It’s hard to get him to change his way of thinking. Do you understand?”

“Not sure.”

“If Adam didn’t choose you right away, then he never will. Just thought you should know.” Kyle left the room, shutting the door behind him.

Justin stood watching the closed door feeling the sting of Kyle’s words. But Justin knew who Patrick was.

“Adam will come around and see that spoiled brat for who he is and kick him out on his blue blood ass,” thought Justin.

Kyle went downstairs and tossed his pillow and blanket on the couch and headed to the kitchen. He needed to fill the void of loneliness. Just as he grabbed the handle to the fridge, he heard a tap at the back door. He glanced out the window and saw Detective Tso in plain clothes. He opened the door and greeted him.

“Hey Kai, what’s up?”

“Kyle, hi—I saw the light and took a chance it was Adam.”

Kyle was aware of Kai and Adam’s past relationship in school and wasn’t surprised any of Adam’s past acquaintances would use any excuse to see him.

“I can go see if he’s up.”

“No—I mean, I’m glad it’s you.”

“You are?”

“Yeah. I wanted to talk to you at Tina’s funeral, but you were with that blonde.”

“Yeah, Justin.”

“Are you two going out?”

“No. In fact, he’s going home tomorrow.”

“That’s great.”

“It is?”

“No, that’s not what I meant.” Awkward pause.

“Do you want to come in. I was about to make a snack.”

“Really, are you still upset over Tina?”

“Not really. Why do you ask?”

“Well, I noticed ever since you were a kid whenever you got upset or lonely you’d eat.”

Kyle was shocked that Kai noticed that about him. Kia saw the look on Kyle’s face and tried to fix his comment.

“Well, you might not be upset now—so if you want a snack you should have one. I’m not ordering you to. I’m just… fuck, this is coming out wrong.”

“Would you like a coffee or a beer?” Suggested Kyle.

“Coffee.”

“Coffee it is.” Kyle stepped aside to allow Kia in but he didn’t move. “You can come in Kia.”

“I’d like to buy you a coffee.”

“Buy me a coffee?”

“At the diner. And anything else you would like.”

“Are you asking me on a date?”

“Yes. I just got done my shift. And I always stop there for a late dinner.”

“Okay, sure I would love to. I’ll just get my coat.”

“Great, I’ll wait at my truck.”

Kyle went back in and saw Adam standing at the doorway.

“Here, you’ll need this,” Adam said, handing him his coat.

“You heard.”

“Sorry about that. But I’m glad you said yes.”

“It’s just coffee,” said Kyle.

“Kai’s a good guy. I think you both will hit it off.”

Kyle hugged his little brother, then turned and left. Adam watched as the lights of the truck turned and traveled off, fading from sight.

Adam sighed and seeming to talk to himself.

“All clear.” From around the corner, Patrick appeared beside Adam, naked.

“Are you sure he’s gone?” asked Patrick.

“Pretty sure.”

“Adam, can’t we do this at home?”

“Then where is the fun in that?”

“What if someone else gets up?”

“They will if you keep talking.”

“Fine, get your snack so we can go back up.”

“No, you are to get my snack.”

“Fine, what do you want?”

Adam gently pushed Patrick more into the kitchen as he turned on the light.

“Did we really need the light on?”

“You need to see what you’re doing.”

Patrick pouted, watching Adam move around in his tee shirt and jeans while he was made to stand exposed. They all went out to dinner and then separated. Anton and Troy went to a movie and the rest of them went to the lake to mostly talk with Damien.

When they all got home, everyone went to their rooms. Patrick took a shower. When he came out and told Adam it was all his. Adam stripped, but had other ideas. He pinned Patrick down on the bed and kissed his mouth, neck, shoulder, and chest with passion. Adam spent a great deal of time sucking Patrick’s nipples causing the younger male to moan his delight. Adam grind his cock against Patrick’s while sucking his neck.

“Adam—please fuck me.” Adam sat up and kneeled above Patrick’s face. He pulled Patrick’s head up and thrust his cock into his mouth. Patrick remained still as Adam fucked his face with urgency.

“Get it nice and wet, baby. So, I can fuck you.” Patrick was unable to answer as his full mouth slid across Adam’s hard dick.

Patrick’s saliva increased and saturated Adam’s cock. He drooled from his lips soaking his chin. Adam held Patrick’s head as his hips jabbed forward. Adam dropped his head back and floated on the wave of ecstasy. Patrick’s hand wrapped around his own cock causing friction.

Adam considered spilling into his mouth, but changed his mind when he looked down and saw Patrick’s eyes on him.

“You are so beautiful,” said Adam. He pulled his cock free one final time watching Patrick’s lips slide across his tool until it popped from his mouth. Adam climbed off Patrick, who lay with wet, swollen lips and his eyes filled with lust.

Adam dropped to his knees between Patrick’s legs. He ran his fingers along his slender legs determining what position he wanted him in.

“You’re thinking about how to fuck me, aren’t you?” asked Patrick.

“Instead of asking questions you should be suggesting.”

“Fine. Do you want me on the side?” Patrick posed for him by grabbing the back of his knee and pulling it towards his chest, spreading his firm ass cheek. “Or, you could fuck me from behind.” Patrick rolled onto his knees and positioned his bottom to his lover. “Or…” But Patrick was stopped by Adam grabbing his hips and holding him in place.

“This is perfect,” said Adam. Patrick flashed a grin while Adam leaned in and savored Patrick’s velvet hole. While Patrick enjoyed Adam’s service he wanted to have Adam inside of him.

“Please, Adam, fuck me before I cum.”

Adam rose and entered Patrick feeling the grip Patrick’s body held on him. Adam started moving slow thrust than the urge grew greater. Patrick’s body jerked from Adam’s force as he reached back and grasp his leg, urging him to keep going. Adam reached around and took Patrick’s swollen cock and fist him while he increased his thrust. Patrick came first causing his muscles to contract around Adam’s cock bring him over the edge erupting inside Patrick.

They collapsed and Adam relaxed slipping from Patrick’s body and rolling off him. Neither male said nothing, as they enjoyed the diminishing high.

“Do you want some water?” asked Adam.

“That would be nice.”

Adam jumped from the bed and left the room, leaving the door opened. He heard someone say Adam’s name as he returned with a glass of water handing it to Patrick.

“Adam, you should have worn a robe,” said Patrick, holding the glass.

“That’s what Paul said when I barged in on him and Mia while they were in the shower.

“Why wasn’t the door locked?”

“My parents had a problem with one of us always locking ourselves in the bathroom.”

“Really, which one of you?”

“Oh, I think it was Paul.” A bang on his door alerted them as Paul's voice rang out.

“It was you Adam. You were the only one who locked his ass in things!”

“Thanks, Paul,” Adam called back.

Patrick had to cover his mouth to stop from laughing out loud. Adam took the water and drank it down.

“Now you can get your own water.”

“But I’m thirsty.”

“And I’m hungry. So, let’s bet who will go get the drink or food.”

“Fine.”

“Rock, paper, scissors?”

“You’re on.” They did the best out of three and Adam won.

“Fine, I’ll get you a snack.” Patrick climbed off the bed to get his robe but Adam stopped him.

“Oh no, you have to be naked.”

“What I never agreed to that.”

“Should have won.”

“But—what if I run into someone?”

“I’ll be with you.”

So, you’ll be naked too?”

“No.” Adam pulled on his jeans and a tee shirt and then opened his door. “Come on.”

“Can’t I clean up first?”

“I’ll bring a tee shirt for you in case you have a runoff.” Patrick rolled his eyes and followed Adam out of the room. Staying close to Adam gave Patrick some comfort if they were caught. They headed downstairs and just as they moved towards the kitchen Adam stopped and grabbed Patrick covering his mouth. The voices coming from the kitchen told him why Adam did it.

The two listened to Kyle talking to Kai Adam’s ex. When Kai invited Kyle out for coffee Adam moved to the closet and grabbed Kyle’s coat. Patrick hid behind Adam while he gave his brother his coat. Once it was all clear and they were alone Adam pulled Patrick into the kitchen.

“Now, what am I in the mood for?”

“Come on Adam, what if someone else comes down?”

Adam ignored him as he looked through the fridge. He pulled out eggs, and the rest of the birthday cake. Patrick gave him a sideways glance.

“You want me to cook? People tell me to stay away from the kitchen.”

“Maybe they needed to help guide you. That’s why I’m staying to keep an eye on you.”

“Fine, what do you want me to cook.”

“Fried eggs and spam.”

“Spam?”

“It’s a canned meat.”

“Meat in a can. Like tuna?”

“Trust me, it’s delicious.”

“So where is this—spam.”

Adam searches through the cabinets and came up empty.

“There should be some in the basement.” Adam went to the basement door and opened it. He glanced back at Patrick, who was opening the eggs. “Remember, don’t do anything until I come back.”

“I won’t.”

“And if you hear anyone coming use the tea towel.”

“No, I’m coming down there with you.”

Adam smiled as he ventured down the stairs. Patrick looked at the eggs and knew they needed to be cracked open into a bowl. He could at least do that. He walked over to the cupboards and was fortunate to find a bowl. A glass one with small angels along the rim, but it was on the top shelf. He saw a step stool and grabbed it, placed it close to the counter. Climbing up, he had to stand on the top step and stand on his toes to reach the bowl. His fingers had to work the bowl towards him, causing him to step too far to the edge of the stool. The bowl fell into his hands, but he lost balance and fell sideways.

***********

Adam found a can of spam on a back shelf and tossed it in his hands as he ventured back upstairs where he saw Damien.

“Damien,” said Adam. Damien turned around still holding Patrick, who still held the glass bowl.

“Adam.” He walked over to him. “I believe he belongs to you,” Damien said, handing Patrick back to him. Adam took his naked boyfriend. “I caught him when he fell while reaching for that bowl.”

“Thanks,” said Adam.

“Can you tell me why he’s naked?”

“I lost a bet so I have to fix Adam a snack,” said Patrick. Adam puts Patrick down and stood in front of him while taking off his shirt and handing it to him. “What happened to the other shirt?” Patrick asked, placing the bowl on the counter.

“I left it down stairs.”

Patrick tugged on the tee and it successfully went past his waist.

“All good,” said Patrick. Adam glanced back and looked him over satisfied, then back to his brother.

“I didn’t think you were still up,” said Adam.

“Got hungry,” answered Damien.

“We were going to have some spam.”

“You still eat that?”

“I love it.”

“Did you tell mom you were going to use his grandmother’s glass bowl?”

Adam turned and looked at the bowl on the counter and saw that it was indeed his mother’s favorite bowl.

“I was wondering the same thing?” Anton said, walking into the kitchen with Troy behind him both wearing their robes.

Damien turned to his mother and smiled.

“Well, if it isn’t prisoner X.”

“Ha, ha, so funny.” Anton backhanded Damien’s stomach as he went over to Adam waving him out of his way. Adam stepped aside as Anton grabbed his bowl. “Now, why, are you all in my kitchen?”

“I lost a bet, so I have to make Adam a snack,” said Patrick.

“Adam, I love my new dishwasher and refrigerator. But I don’t need any more drama in this room.” Anton went into the pantry and returned with granola bars handing four to Adam and two to Damien. “Eat these and in the morning, we’ll go to the diner for a big breakfast to see Adam, Patrick, and Justin off.”

Damien walked into the living room with Troy, who took one of his granola bars.

“Well, we’ll head back up,” said Adam.

“Adam, can we talk to you alone?” asked his mother.

“Sure.” He looked at Patrick and kissed him. “I’ll be up soon.”

“Okay,” said Patrick, heading up alone.

Adam went into the living room with his family and sat on the loveseat with his mother. Damien sat on the couch with his father.

“Adam, we know what happened to you with Eric Perkins and Ricky.” Adam froze in his seat. “Adam, we won’t talk about it if you don’t want to.”

“I don’t,” Adam said flatly.

“Okay, buddy,” said Troy. “… But we want you to talk with someone to work through it.”

“I’ll consider it when I get home.”

“Adam, you need to talk this out so you can heal. I’m going to see someone,” said Anton.

“I know, and I will when I get back to the city.”

“Alright, we won’t push you. We’re just concerned for you,” said Troy.

“I know dad and I appreciate you both wanting to help me, but I want to do this alone.”

“Alright, we’ll go to bed now,” said Troy, standing, Anton leaned over and kissed Adam on the cheek.

“We love you, baby,” said his mother.

“I love you all too.” Anton rose and left with Troy. Damien looked at his little brother.

“Adam, you’ve kept this secret through your relationship with AJ”

“So, what’s your point?”

“Do you ever wonder if it had a part with breaking up with him?”

“No.”

“Adam, when you were with me. Did you tell the therapist about what happened to you?”

“No.”

“Adam, mom, and dad are right. You need to open up about this.”

“How many times do I have to say I will.”

“Okay, I’ll back off.”

“Thank you. I’m not even hungry anymore.”

“Me neither. Why don’t you go upstairs to that sweet, boy-toy?”

“Goodnight.”

“Goodnight, little brother.”

Upstairs Troy went into his bedroom while Anton walked to the bathroom. He glanced in and saw Patrick staring into the mirror at his aching chin.

“How are you feeling Patrick?” asked Anton. Patrick looked at him and just shrugged. Anton walked over and hugged him. Patrick was tensed at first but then relaxed in Anton’s hold, crying into his shoulder. “Go on sweetie, let it all out. I got you.” Patrick cried softly as he hugged Anton tighter. His heart pounded in his chest as his stress seem to melt away. He relaxed and stepped back wiping his eyes.

“Now, wash your face,” said Anton, turning on the water. Patrick splashed water over his face and thankful, excepted the towel Anton gave him. “There now, feel a bit better?”

“A bit.”

“It will get better.”

“How are you?”

“Nothing a good man won’t fix.”

“Adam’s hurt too.”

“That’s why you two need each other now more than ever.”

“You think so?”

“I wouldn’t say it if I didn’t.”

“Thank you.”

“Anytime.” Anton leaned in and kissed him on the cheek than Patrick kissed him back.”

“Goodnight.”

“Goodnight, Patrick. Welcome to the family. And, you can call me mom, if you like.”

“Goodnight, mom.”

 

Chapter

The next day Anton risen to make a farewell breakfast for Adam, Patrick and Justin but also a welcome breakfast for Damien. He gathered all his pans and ingrediencies just as a knock came at the back door. Anton froze at the counter for a moment then remembered that Eric was dead. He moved to the door and saw that it was Philip Gomez.

Anton opened the door, and to Philip’s surprise Anton jumped into his arms hugging him close.

“Well such a warm welcome,” said Philip, embracing Anton.

“Are you mad, why wouldn’t I hug you. You saved my life and my family’s.” Anton stepped back and beamed at him.

“I did what was right.”

“Thank you, Philip. Thank you for everything.”

“You’re very welcome.”

“Come in. Have breakfast with us.”

“I would love that. But I cannot. I need to get back to my practice. I put a lot of cases on hold to come down here.”

“Philip, I’m sorry.”

“No, don’t you dare say that. I done this because I wanted to. For you and your family. And I do it again. I just hope none of you will ever need me as a lawyer.”

“So, this is goodbye?”

“We’ll meet again.”

“I don’t see how but it would be nice.”

“Wait don’t you know who called me?”

“No.”

“Anton?” Troy’s voice interrupted them as he walked up to his spouse.”

“Troy, hello,” said Philip.

“Philip, good to see you. Come in.”

“As I said to Anton, I can’t. I need to get back to the city.”

“We owe you some great thanks.”

“I was glad to help.” An awkward pause from Philip looking behind him. “Sorry I have a car waiting.”

“A car, not a helicopter?” asked Troy.

“Oh, the car is driving me to the helicopter. I didn’t want it waking you and your family.” Philip shook Troy’s hand and was about to shake Anton when he hugged him again.

“Goodbye, Philip,” said Anton, kissing him on the cheek than stepping away. Philip grinned and nodded to Troy who smiled back placing his arm around Anton’s waist. Philip step back and looked at Troy.

“I would say take care of him but I see you already are.” Philip walked to his car and climbed in the backseat and was driven off.

*************

Mia remained behind with Paul, staying at the townhouse Patrick paid for, for another week. Adam, loaded his jeep with their things and said goodbye to his family. They returned home and Adam dropped Justin off at his place first. For the first time, he drove Patrick to his parent’s home.

Patrick pushed in his pass key card opening the gate that surrounded his Parent’s residence. The drive up to the house seem like a road trip to Adam. He swerved through a vast forest on a paved road. After a time, the house came into view. Adam stared at the massive palace, astonished by the gravity of Patrick’s family’s wealth. He pulled up to numerous steps leading up to the front door.

Adam remained in the car for a moment seeming to be lost in thought. Patrick was in his own head, trying to decide if he should tell his father about the unfortunate events he had witnessed and suffered.

“It’s insane,” both said at the same time. They turned to each other shocked by the other’s words. Then a burst of laughter erupted between them.

“Why are we laughing?” asked Adam catching his breath.

“I don’t know,” answered Patrick, his heart pounding in his chest.

Adam climbed out of his jeep and walked around, opening the door for Patrick. He helped him out, taking him into his arms and embracing him. Patrick lingered in Adam’s hold.

“I’d ask you in but…” Patrick began.

“Your father?”

“He doesn’t know I’m with you.”

“How about your mother?”

“I think she likes you.” Adam looked around.

“I never really knew how rich you were.”

Patrick didn’t want to lose Adam over his money. He wanted him to see that he could transition into his world.

“Your family was nice. I loved your childhood room.”

“They liked you, and I have to admit, you really seemed comfortable there.”

“See, I can manage in your world. Maybe, you should try mine.” Adam seemed to not hear him, saying nothing in response. This made Patrick anxious. The front door to the house opened and two men came down the steps, stopping on the bottom step. Adam looked to Patrick seeing they weren’t for him.

“They’re here to carry my bags in,” said Patrick. Adam handed his keys to one of them. Both men went to work, taking Patrick’s luggage inside. Patrick could tell Adam wasn’t comfortable with the service.

“Adam, I didn’t mean…” But Adam cut him off.

“You know what? We should live together,” said Adam, with a serious expression.

“What?” Patrick asked, taken off guard.

“Live together. You, move in with me. I like having you around 24/7.”

“Your apartment?”

“Yeah. I know it’s small but we can make it work. Then you can oversee my second key.”

“Are you serious?”

“Yes. So, what do you say?”

“Yes,” Patrick said, thrilled.

“Then let’s seal it, with a kiss.” Patrick didn’t hesitate, draping his arms around Adam’s neck and submitting to his lips. When they parted Adam walked Patrick up to his door.

“We can decide on a date tomorrow night, when I take you to dinner.”

“Okay.”

“Bye.”

“Bye.”

Patrick watched as Adam drove off closing the door behind him.

Patrick handed his coat to a servant, who took it with a smile.

“Hello Mr. Valdez,” said the female.

“Hi, Becky.”

“Your parents aren’t home yet.”

“That’s fine.”

“Are you hungry? I can ask the chef to prepare something.”

“No, I’m fine. I’ll just be in my room,” said Patrick, heading up the stairs.

“Very well,” she replied, walking off.

Patrick removed his cell from his pocket and speed dial his Uncle Philip’s number. His call was answered on the second ring.

“Patrick, are you home?”

“Hello, uncle. Yes, Adam just dropped me off.”

“I know what you’re calling for. The answer is yes. I made the donation anonymously. That will certainly help with the Potter’s lost and more. And you are now the owner of the property next door to the Potter family.”

“What about their town?”

“It took some negotiation, but I managed to obtain the town and reverse ownership back to Troy and Anton’s family.”

“Thank you, uncle.”

“That’s what family’s for?”

“Well, for me, the Potter’s are family, now.”

“Don’t say that to your father.”

“He’ll come around.”

“If not?”

“I love Adam, and I want to be with him. No matter the cost or disapproval of my father.”

“Then I wish you luck Patrick.”

“Thank you, uncle.”

***********

Adam sat at his computer in his office reading a list of therapist Damien sent him that were near him. He clicked on a few and wrote their numbers down. His cordless phone rang out. He checked the caller ID and saw it was Paul.

“Hey Paul, what’s up?”

“Adam, good news. Mom and dad regained ownership to the town and someone donated a huge amount of money for our town’s loss.”

“Really, who?”

“It was anonymous.”

“How much was it for?”

“More than we needed.”

“Wow, that's great.”

“It sure is.”

“How’s Mia?”

“She’s amazing. We’re going away for the weekend.”

“Have fun.”

“Oh, we will. Say hi to Patrick for me.”

“I will. Bye.”

After they hung up, Adam turned off his computer and grabbed his coat and keys and headed out.

“Justin I’m going to take Patrick to a late lunch. I’ll be back in two hours.”

“Okay, boss.”

Adam was going to take the stair when his elevator was bringing someone up. The doors opened and Patrick stepped off.

“Patrick, I was just coming to see you.”

“Oh, really, I was coming here to ask you to lunch. I know you said we’ll talk at dinner about me moving in, but, I wanted to make sure you didn’t change your mind. I mean…you can change your mind if you want.”

Adam grabbed him and kissed him. When they parted, Patrick smiles up at him.

“What was that for?” asked Patrick.

“Because I love you.”

“I love you more.”

The End

Please leave a comment and or like if you enjoyed this story.
Thanks for sticking with me.
Denise Matthews 2016
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Good story. Loved the end. I can't wait for the next one. I hope Patrick and Adam can work out all their problems and be happy. I know they are right now, but sometimes things change. I have to wonder if Patrick's father will make good on his threat to cut his son off. It would take some getting used to without being able to just make a phone call and fix your problems.

Link to comment
On 11/04/2016 02:36 AM, Gene63 said:

Good story. Loved the end. I can't wait for the next one. I hope Patrick and Adam can work out all their problems and be happy. I know they are right now, but sometimes things change. I have to wonder if Patrick's father will make good on his threat to cut his son off. It would take some getting used to without being able to just make a phone call and fix your problems.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Book 3 will be really soon.

Patrick's father will be in the next book and causing hell for Adam. Patrick is going to try to cope but...

Link to comment

Wow this was fun loved reading this story really nice de intrigue, suspense wow didn't even want to stop and eat thanks

Link to comment

Sorry for the late response I was working on the next book which is up Our Little Next.

I'm glade you've enjoyed Homecoming. It was fun writing about Adam's family.

Thanks for reading.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..