Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 2,406 Words
  • 1,106 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Homecoming - 30. Chapter 30

Adam and Anton have a standoff with the killers.

Justin followed Adam’s directions to the cave through the back ways through the woods. Justin slowed the jeep to a stop when they saw the pickup truck.

“That’s the pickup Ricky used,” said Justin.

“Alright, I want you to call the sheriff and tell him where we are. You wait for him, I’m going in,” said Adam. He covered the cut on his forehead with a bandage from his emergency kit in his jeep. The pain that should have been there was not. His sense of urgency to get to Patrick kicked in his adrenaline.

“I’m coming with you.”

“No, you’re not, you’re staying put, that’s an order,” Adam barked at him, not wanting to put Justin in danger as well. He needed to focus on saving Patrick.

“Fine,” said Justin. “But take your gun.”

Adam opened his glove compartment and grabbed his 340 Revolver. Removing it from its holster he checked the chamber, finding it empty, then made sure it would fire. He grabbed the bullets and loaded all the chambers.

“Adam, be careful.”

“That’s not an option I can promise.” Adam climbed out and headed for the cave. Justin pulled out his cell and called the sheriff.

************

Ricky carried Patrick over his shoulder into the cave and up the stairs. The torture machine that killed Perkins, was still covered in his blood. Tina said it was an accident.

“I was only trying to scare him into sticking with the plan dealing with Anton. The trigger released on its own,” She told him. Ricky’s heart ached a bit from losing him. Eric was nice and comforting towards Ricky. Especially after he and Adam stopped being friends. Ricky honestly thought Adam would like to join in on the fun with Eric. How wrong he was.

He placed Patrick down on the floor. Ricky resets the device locking the switch. He returned to Patrick and picked him up and sat him on the end of the device in a sitting position. Patrick’s limp head rested on Ricky’s shoulder while Ricky reached into his pocket and removed restraining devices.

*************

Anton walked into the kitchen with Tina behind him fearing this was to be his resting place.

“Go to the cellar door and open it, Anton,” ordered Tina. Anton walked over and opened the door looking down the stairs. The bottom was visible because of the stain glass bricks allowing light through.

“I’m sorry this has come to this Anton,” said Tina. “But I need to make things right.” Anton turned slowly to Tina with a look of exasperation.

“Make things, right? What was wrong with them in the first place, Tina?”

“You were wrong.”

“You mean me being a man?”

“No, you, being a mother.”

“I am a mother. To four strong men.”

“No. I carried them all in my womb.”

“True, they were your eggs. But they were fertile by me and Troy’s sperm. The doctor confirmed that our DNA is in all four of them.”

“And I’m their mother.”

“You’re their surrogate mother, yes. But we raised them.”

“I would have made a better mother.” Tina gripped the gun tighter. “Now get down those stairs.” Anton didn’t know what Tina had planned for him, but he wasn’t going to give up without a fight.

“What makes you think that now, they will accept you as their mother?”

“They will understand why you did this and they will be grateful that they still have me.”

“Did what. What am I going to do Tina?”

“Overwhelmed with guilt, you’re going to set the house on fire, committing suicide.”

“But what about the others?” said Anton, in panic for his family.

“Don’t worry, I’ll pull them out before I start it.”

“Tina, please don’t do this. We can get you help.”

“Help? I don’t need any help. I need for you to get into that basement!”

“No.”

“What?”

“I said no, Tina. This must stop here and now. What you’re having is a pipe dream that will never come true.” The phone rang out and Anton glanced towards it. But Tina ignored it stepping to Anton and placing the barrel of the shotgun against his chest.

“I don’t want to do this Anton,” she said. “I don’t want them to find you like that.”

“Like what Tina? With a bullet in my chest? But finding me burnt to unrecognizable is better?”

“Get into the basement Anton. This is my last warning.”

“No.” Anton stood his ground. Tina’s finger wavered on the trigger as Anton waited for what was to come.

**************

Adam entered the cave and saw something that caught his eye. He tucked his gun behind his back and went over to an open box and grabbed something that might help. He went to the stairs, bracing himself for the worst as he stepped on the first step. Then he heard Ricky’s voice.

“Damnit Tina, answer the phone!” he yelled. “Fuck!” Adam saw something hit the wall above him and ricochet down the steps towards him. Adam caught it before it hit his face. And saw it was Patrick’s cell phone. “Adam?” Looking up Adam stared at Ricky who stared back in shock. “You’re alive.”

Adam had no words for his lost friend as he raced towards him. Ricky bolted away and when Adam reached to the top of the stairs. He saw Ricky standing by the battle ax with Patrick sitting on the edge of it his wrists spread out and bound to it. Patrick was awake shaking with fear.

“Patrick,” Adam said. Patrick looked towards him and tears rolling down his smudged cheeks.”

“Adam,” he said not sure if he was dreaming. “Adam?”

“Yes, baby, it’s me.”

“Adam—He said you were dead.”

“I’m okay baby. You can see that.”

“Adam—I want to go home.”

“I know. That’s what I’m here to do. Take you home.”

“What a touching reunion,” said Ricky. Adam pointed his gun at Ricky.

“Get away from the table, Ricky.”

“Or what? You’ll shoot me? With my finger on the trigger? Do you really want to take that chance, Adam?”

“Adam…” Patrick cried.

“Okay, Ricky, what do you want?”

“I want Eric back.”

“I can’t make that happen.”

“Then why should you be happy?”

“Ricky, wait, kill me.”

“Adam, no!” shouted Patrick. But Adam ignored him.

“Come on Ricky. Kill me instead. Don’t take an innocent life.” Adam lowered his gun to the floor and kicked it over towards Ricky. It stopped by Ricky's foot, “Pick up the gun Ricky. And take my life in trade for Patrick’s.” Adam hated scaring Patrick but he needed to concentrate on Ricky.

Ricky glanced at his gun, then back at Adam.

“What makes you think I still won’t kill him?” asked Ricky.

“You still could, but I need you to kill me first. I can’t watch him die.”

Ricky moved his hand away from the trigger and lowered slowly down to pick up the gun.

 

**************

Tina started to pull the trigger when a voice interrupted her.

“Mom,” said Kyle. “What’s going on?” Anton saw Kyle standing in the doorway looking at them. He was holding onto the border trying to stand.

Tina wasn’t expecting any of them to wake up. She looked back at him and smiled.

“Everything is alright, my darling,” said Tina.

Anton wasn’t going to stand for that. He grabbed the barrel of the gun and yanked it out of Tina’s grip. Tina turned back to Anton, who now held the gun.

“He was talking to me,” stated Anton. Tina gritted her teeth and lunged at Anton grasping the gun. They fought for control when they both fell down the basement stairs.

*************

Ricky grasps Adam’s gun. At the same time, Adam still holding Patrick’s cell, reached into his back pocket and removed a switch blade. Adam opened the blade behind his back. Just as Ricky stood back up, he threw Patrick’s cell at him. Ricky dodged it and reached for the trigger to the ax. Adam threw his knife at Patrick’s binding on his wrist cutting clear through, freeing one hand. He lunged at Patrick and pulled him away just as the battle-ax sprung up missing its target.

“Stay put,” Adam instructed Patrick. He got to his feet and stared at Ricky pointing a gun at him.

“What did you expect to come out of that stunt?” asked Ricky.

“All I wanted to do was save, Patrick.”

“Well, you did. But I’ll tell you this, once I finish you off. I’m strapping him back on and finishing the job.” Ricky pulled the trigger but nothing happened. He stared at the gun and realized it was fake.

***********

Anton felt like the wind got knocked out of him, but recovered when he realized he wasn’t hurt. He was on his back on the cellar floor without the gun. Anton glanced over at Tina, who was struggling to stand now holding the weapon.

“Tina, put the gun down,” said Sheriff Owen’s at the top of the stairs pointing his gun at her.

“No, he can’t leave,” she said, shaking her head no.

“I said put it down!” Tina took aim at Anton and was about to fire when a shot rang out from the sheriff’s gun. Tina lowered the firearm and glared at Anton.

“They’re my babies.” Was the last thing she said before dropping to her knees and falling face down. Anton stared at her and all his self-controlled broke down. He cried out covering his face and letting all his pain flow forth.

***********

Adam drew his weapon and aimed it at Ricky. Patrick saw that Adam had control.

“You tricked me,” said Ricky.

“That I did. Now you’re going to jail, but first I want you to tell me who’s Tina?”

“You know her. She carried you and your brothers,” Ricky smiled.

“That’s bullshit. You’re lying.”

“Am I?”

“Ricky, take it back.”

“Or what? You’ll kill me? So, what. Tina was the one who thought of all of this. It was her idea to get Eric Perkins to rape your mom and to blackmail him. It was her who killed Eric and put the blame on Anton. Tina, your godmother did all of this. But killing your boyfriend was my idea.”

“Why, confess to me now?”

“Because I’m not going to live through all of this Adam.” Ricky turned and ran towards the railing. Adam gave chase.

“Ricky, stop!” called Adam. But Ricky leaped head first over the railing and landed on his head breaking his neck. Adam stared down at him and saw Detective Kai Tso walking over.

“Are you alright Adam?” asked Kai looking up at him.

“Yeah,” he said, returning to Patrick. Using the same knife, Adam cut Patrick loose and moved him away from the device. “Are you okay Pat?”

Patrick only nodded his head. Adam brought him close, holding him when Patrick went limp in his arms.

Detective Chee raced up the stairs.

“Everyone alright?”

“I need an ambulance.” Adam shouted, checking Patrick’s pulse, sighing a relief that he had one but discover the back of his head had a cut.

The EMT’s checked Patrick’s injuries and told Adam he had a concussion.

“He’s going to be fine,” said Detective Chee, standing next to Adam who watched the EMT’s hover around Patrick.

“Yeah, but it was close.”

“Adam did Ricky say anything to you?”

“He told me He was having relations with Eric Perkins. And my godmother, Tina killed Perkins and she was the one who got Perkin’s to blackmail my mother.

“You need to know Tina tried to kill your mother today.”

“What?”

“Don’t worry the Sheriff got there first and shot her.”

“What about my dad and brothers.”

“Tina spiked their drinks not wanting to hurt them. There all at the hospital getting checked out.”

“We’re ready to go,” said one of the EMT’s.”

“Can I go with him?” asked Adam.”

“Only family and spouse.”

“Go get your jeep and follow them Adam. One of my men will make sure you’re not stopped for speeding.”

“Thanks, Michael.” Justin pulled up in the Jeep and Adam climbed in the passenger’s side.

“Is Patrick alright?”

“He has a concussion. Follow that ambulance the Detective will let you speed.”

Justin watched as the ambulance with Patrick took off as he shifts gears and followed.

When they arrived, Adam found his parents and two brothers all being treated. He located Patrick and was relieved he regained consciousness. He and Justin sat in the waiting room.

“It’s a relief they are all going to be OK,” said Justin.

“I never been so tired.”

“You should get treated too.”

“I’m alright. I just need sleep.”

“Well you’re going to get some,” said his mother walking up to him. “And so are we.”

“Mom.” Adam rushed to him and hugged him. “Why are you walking shouldn’t you be in a wheel chair?”

“Wheel chairs are for the sick and pregnant. I can use my legs. Tell me where is Patrick?”

“The doctor is examining him now but he’s awake and seems alert.”

“Good he can come home with us so I can take care of all of you.”

“I’ll help.” Said Mia pushing Paul in a wheel chair.” Anton looked at his second born.

“Why are you wasting a wheel chair Paul, get up.”

“I was only following doctor’s orders,” said Paul. “Besides, dad and Kyle is in one.”

“I’ll see about that.” Anton stormed off as Adam stared at his brother. Paul noticed Adam looking.

“You can’t get rid of me that easily little brother.”

“So, you’re alright.”

“Yeah, and so are dad and Kyle.”

“I can’t believe Tina would do this.”

“None of us can. I know she loved us but to go as far as to believe she was are mother.”

“There’s got to be more to it.”

“The cops are reading her diaries and emails maybe the answers are there.”

“Adam,” called his mother. Adam looked in his direction.

“I checked on Patrick and he’s going to be fine. He’s asking for you.”

“I’m coming.” Adam walked over to Paul and leaned down and hugged him. “I’m really glad you’re ok.”

“Back at you. Now go see your boyfriend.” Adam smiled and started to leave but not before he kissed Mia on the cheek.

“What was that for?” asked Mia.

“For falling in love with my brother.”

“You’re welcome.”

Stick with me for the closing chapter coming later tomorrow.
And as always please leave a comment and or like if you enjoyed this.
Denise Matthews 2016
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..