Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 1,874 Words
  • 1,147 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Homecoming - 22. Chapter 22

Patrick and Mia talk.
Adam needs answers.

Patrick and Mia returned to her motel in a cab. Patrick told the driver to wait in the car.

“Why did you ask the driver to wait?” asked Mia.

“I have my reasons,” said Patrick with a sense of calm around Mia.

Patrick waited as Mia unlocked the door. Inside Patrick raised his eyebrows as he cast his eyes around the retro interior caused.

“Don't judge,” said Mia, walking over to her made bed and sitting down. Patrick joined her.

“Why didn't you tell me you were coming. I could have rented you a townhouse.”

“I travel all the time Patrick. This isn't as bad as most of the places I've stayed.”

“Which, if you let me, you could stay in comfort.”

“I'm an independent woman who can pay her own way.”

“Your best friend has more money than he can handle. You should take advantage of me.”

“That's not being a friend.”

“But you're not just any friend,” stated Patrick putting his arm around her shoulder. “You're my one and only friend. Which makes you my sister who I give an unlimited platinum card too.”

“Patrick,” she said, grabbing his shirt and shaking him a bit. “Stop tempting me. I wish you would take it back.”

“Never. Do you have it with you?”

“For only emergencies,” she said, looking around the room.

“Well, this room is definitely one. Use it to its full extent.” He got up and started gathering her suitcases placing them on the bed and opening them. “Adam doesn't like it when I use my money on him. Please let me do this for you Mia, I need the release.”

“When did you use your money on him?”

“When I tried to make him breakfast the day we left.”

“You went into a kitchen?”

“I thought I could do it. And when I tried to load the dishwasher at his parent's house.”

“Patrick no.”

“It took out the fridge.”

“That's why I saw all the high-end appliances there.”

“Yep.”

“Paul didn't tell me that,” she said smiling.

“About Paul, did you too fuck yet?””

“No,” she said, putting her nose up to him. “We made love.” Patrick laughed as he gathered more clothes to put in the suitcase.

“So, you like him?”

“I do. He’s sweet,” she stated, watching him go to her closet and grabbing her two garment bags filled with her co-play gowns and robes.

“He and Adam don’t really get along.”

“Siblings are like that sometimes.”

“I wish Adam would let me take care of him.”

“Adam’s the dominate one in the relationship. He wants to be your hero.”

“He is my hero. He saved my life twice.”

“He’ll relax about the money. He just needs to get used to it.”

“That would-be heaven.”

“And you have to meet him halfway Patrick. Try not to use your money to solve your problems all the time. Try to see it through Adam’s perspective.”

“Yeah—I guess that make sense.” Patrick walked over to the dresser and opened draws removing Mia’s clothes and undergarments and placing them in the suitcase.

“Also, if your father sees that you’re committed to Adam’s world, maybe he’ll see that Adam isn’t trying to take advantage of you. Like I don’t want to. Why are you packing my bags?” Patrick ignored her.

“Do you know he threatened to ship me off to live with family. He even threatened to put me on a no-fly list and revoke my passport.”

“Then try to live in Adam’s world and maybe your father will warm up to him. Patrick, stop packing.”

“Mia, you’re not staying here.”

“Patrick, what did we just get finished talking about?”

“About Adam, not about you. I can at least take care of you.”

“Patrick…”

“Mia, give me this, please. The only reason I can see being here is to have sex. Other than that, it’s weird.”

“Fine, if it will make you happy.”

“It will. Now, come on let's get finished so I can get you out of here. Also, I need to get a new cell phone.”

“It's a shame the cops haven’t found it yet.”

“Will it's not really important to the case, so it's no big deal.”

They finished packing Mia's things and loaded the cab.

************

When Adam returned home, he walked into a disaster. Couch cushions was flipped over, bookshelves were pulled apart, drawers emptied, closets and cabinets turned out.

“Justin,” he called, looking around and trying not to step on anything. Justin came rushing out holding a notepad.

“Adam, thank god your back.

“Did Patrick leave with Mia?”

“A cab picked them up.”

“Good, at least I don't have to worry about him. Do you have a list of the things the cops took?”

“Yeah, but it wasn't much. They took a lot of DVD's mostly prerecorded ones.”

“Okay, we have a lot of work to do. Where's Detective Tso?”

“He's in the kitchen talking on the phone.”

“Christ, Tina.”

“She's cool too. In fact, she's upstairs fixing your parent’s room, the cops trashed.”

“Okay, let me go talk to the detective.”

“I’ll finish cleaning up?”

“Yeah, thanks.”

“No problem, Boss.” Adam walked into the kitchen and saw Detective Kai Tso ending his call.

“Kai, we need to talk.”

“I have nothing to say to you, Adam.”

Adam looked around and saw no other police officers. He lunged at Kai grabbing his coat collars and pushing him to the far wall pinning him.

“Have you lost your mind, Potter. I could have you arrested,” he snapped.

“No, you won't.”

“Really and why not?”

“Because I'm going to give you something you've been asking for.” Kai saw the summons in Adam's eyes. The same one he used when they first met. Adam has always been brash and fearless when it came to what he wanted. Kai was no different from all the others who complied with Adam's request.

Kai hated his weakness when it came to Adam wanting attention. Adam had cheated on him several times and always found a way to get back on his good side. Kai couldn't let that happen again, not when he had the authority.

“There is nothing you have that I want.” Adam released him and took a step back, dropping his hands to his side. Kai stared at him, wondering what he had planned.

“I'm sorry that I cheated on you during high school. I should have never pursued you. You were a sweet, kind and smart guy—with beautiful eyes and an amazing athletic body. I wanted you, but that was no excuse for what I did to you. You deserved better Kai.” Adam paused and watched as Kai relax from hearing his declaration. “If there is anything you want to say or do to me--”

The blow came quick and sound as Adam's words were cut short from Kai's fist colliding into his jaw. His head jerked to the side and the recall made him stumble back reaching for his face. Before Adam knew it, Kia reached up and cupped his ex-boyfriend's face and kissed his mouth. The pain prevented Adam from enjoying the kiss, but it didn't seem to bother Kai.

Kai broke the kiss and licked his lips, tasting the memories of the mouth that boiled his blood years ago. Adam rubbed his chin while blinking his eyes. Kai reached into a cabinet and grabbed a bottle of painkillers and handed them to Adam.

“Here, that's for the pain,” said Kai.

“Thanks,” said Adam, knowing he deserved the reaction as he put the bottle down, crossed the room and opened the freezer removing a reusable ice pad. With care, he pressed it against his sore jaw. Kai smiled inward enjoying Adam's suffering while he spoke up.

“You know about the DVDs found at the scene where your mom was attacked. They weren’t on the ground beside him, they were in his coat pocket.”

“Did you view them?”

“Yes, they appeared to show Eric Perkins and Anton, having sex—sorry.” Adam swallowed the thought of that man touching his mother.

“Was he being raped?”

“It didn’t appear that way. The disks seem to be dated with month and year for the last fifth-teen years. We found two more here that has two other months on them, but no year.”

“Did you watch them?”

“Not yet. I swear it's only the sheriff, me and Detective Chee.”

“Still doesn't make it any better. I need to get into Eric Perkins's house.”

“I didn't hear that.”

“I need to find something that can confirm blackmail, but also clear my mother.”

“The house's been searched already, Adam. All the surveillance equipment was removed.”

“Perkins's had surveillance equipment?”

“Seems that way. Also, video cameras, and sound system.”

“I need to get in there.”

“As I said I didn't hear you. There is no one watching the house now. But you didn't hear it from me.”

“Understood. What about the cell phone at the cave I found?”

“It's damaged, our tech guy is looking at it.”

“Can you keep me posted?”

“I'll do my best.”

“And I'll do mines not to screw up this case.”

“Good luck Adam. I hope when you find out the truth, no matter what the outcome you’ll do the right thing.”

Adam nodded his head and turned away, tossing the ice pad back into the freezer, and leaving the kitchen. He walked back into the living room and saw the furniture back in place and piles of paper on the coffee table. The bookshelf had books on them, but not lined up. Justin only placed things in their area just to get them off the floor. Adam turned to the stairs and was about to go up when he saw Tina coming down.

“Tina, I was just coming up to talk to you.”

“Yes,” she said, reaching the bottom of the stairs.”

“Sorry, we couldn’t spend much time together.”

“It’s understandable Adam, your family needs you.”

“You’re my family too.”

“And I’m doing my part in keeping it sane.”

“Okay, thanks.” Adam started to turn away when Tina grabbed his arm.

“Adam,”

“Yeah?”

“I want you to know that I'm going to stay on and help with getting your lives back in order.”

“Thanks, Tina.”

“And, whatever happens with Anton, I want you and your brothers to know that I'm here.”

“Thanks.” Adam leaned in and kissed her gently on the cheek. “I, got to go.”

“Alright.”

“Justin, get your coat we got things to do.”

Justin went to the hall closet and grabbed his coat. He waved goodbye to Tina and hurried out the door behind Adam.

Tina stood in place as the door closed, smiling. She seemed almost in a trance when the voice of Detective Tso brought her back.

“Miss Murphy?” She blinked and saw the officer looking at her with concern.

“Yes?”

“We're done here. Would you like an officer to stay and help with this mess?”

“No, that won't be, necessary officer.”

“Alright, goodbye.”

“Goodbye.” She waited at the window and watched the cars leave the property. She moved to the couch and grab her purse and in a frantic searched for her cell phone when a hand grabbed her wrist.

Denise Matthews 2016
  • Like 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 10/22/2016 02:49 AM, Geemeedee said:

FIFTEEN YEARS? I'll wait to see how you explain it, but ...

LOL

Yeah, Anton in a bit of a pickle.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..