Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 2,419 Words
  • 1,055 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Homecoming - 25. Chapter 25

Patrick goes to get his cell. He meets Ricky

Tina sat on the couch with Ricky resting his head on her lap. She calmly brushed his hair while he caressed the hem of her skirt.

“There,” she said. “Feeling better?”

“I guess.”

“Ricky there is nothing to be worried about. Anton will take the blame for Eric’s death.”

“But I didn’t want him to die.”

“Never mind that. You’ll have a new life with me.”

“Really?”

“You don’t trust me anymore?”

“I do.”

“Then do as I say and stay away until Anton is convicted.” Ricky was about to bring up the cell phone when they heard a car pulling up. Ricky sat up and was about to go to the window when Tina stopped him. “No Ricky, I’ll check. You go out the back door.” Ricky watched as Tina moved to the window peeking out.

“Who is it?” asked Ricky.

“It’s one of the young men Adam brought home. Patrick, I believe.”

“Is Adam with him?”

“No, he’s alone.” She turned away from the window and went to the door, glancing back at Ricky. “Go Ricky,” she ordered. Ricky left heading for the kitchen.

The cab pulled up to the Potter’s house. Patrick paid the driver and asked him to wait.

“I need to get some gas first will you be long?” asked the driver.

“I hope not, but I can wait until you return.”

“Okay, I’ll be back soon.”

Patrick climbed out walking up to the front door. The cab left just as he knocked on it. It wasn’t long before Tina opened the door.

“Patrick, hello, what are you doing back here,” she said, with a smile.

“Hi, Tina, I need to get one of my bags, “Patrick said.

“Oh,” she glanced back quickly making sure Ricky left the room. “Of course, come in.” She waved him to come in.

He entered and walked into the mess the police left behind.

“Wow, the police really worked this place over.”

“Yes, but I'll have it all in order before everyone gets home,” said Tina with confidence.

“That’s a lot of work for one person, do you want me to help?”

“Oh no, dear, I’m fine. I love housework.”

“Miss Tina,” said a voice walking into the room. Ricky saw Patrick and recognized him from the photos on his cell.

“Yes, Ricky?” she asked, surprised he was still in the house.

“I just wanted to tell you I put away your cold foods so they didn’t spoil.”

“Thank you. Patrick, this is Ricky he delivers our groceries.”

“Hello,” said Patrick.

“Hi,” responded Ricky, glaring back, recognizing Patrick as the owner of the cell phone he found.

Patrick noticed Ricky staring at him and started to feel uncomfortable when Tina spoke up.

“What did you say you were here for Patrick?” she asked.

“My bag. It's a small case, black with silver trim. It has to be in Adam's room, I'll just go up and get it.”

“No, it’s a mess up there I'll get it for you, you just have a seat and I'll only be a minute. Ricky, did you get your money from the counter?”

“Uh, yeah.” He took his eyes off Patrick.” I’ll go out the back door.”

“Thank you.” Ricky went back to the kitchen. She noticed Patrick’s discomfort and didn’t need him calling Adam about Ricky. “Don’t mind him dear, he’s just a loner.”

“It’s fine,” said Patrick.

“Well find yourself a seat and I’ll be right back with your bag,” said Tina racing off leaving Patrick. After hearing the back door close the room fell silent as Patrick looked around for a place to sit and settled on the couch. He glanced around the disheveled room and noticed a picture frame on the floor. It was a photo of Adam and his brothers grouped together.

Patrick wanted to see what Adam’s older brother look like. He went to pick it up off the floor when his heel kicked something under the couch. He started to reach down to retrieve the object when Tina called from the stairs.

“Patrick, I think I found it.” Patrick stopped reaching for the item and rose to his feet when Tina walked in, holding his case. “It was at the top of the stairs.” She gave him a huge smile when she handed it to Patrick.

“Thank you, Tina, I appreciate this.”

“No problem; is there anything else I can help you with?”

“Well, yes, actually I lost my cell phone and I was wondering if it turned up here?”

Ricky was hiding in the kitchen listening, he stuck his hand into his pocket and found the cell missing. He realized that he dropped it when he and Tina were on the couch.

“Your cellphone? No, I haven't seen it, but with the police here it could be anywhere. Tell you what, why don't you call it from the landline and maybe we can pinpoint it. Is it charged?”

“I believe so.”

“Well,” she walked over to the house landline that sat on a cluttered desk. “Here, you can use this phone.”

Patrick went to place the call. Ricky considered going in and stopping him, but decided not to. Patrick dialed his number and it connected. The chime rang out in the room as he turned and eyed his cell under the couch. He hung up just as Tina picked the cell up. She rose and handed it back to Patrick.

“Here you go.”

“This is brilliant, thank you, Tina.”

“Well, like I said the police did make a mess of things so I'm glad it was still charged.”

“Yes, me too,” Patrick said, wondering who charged it. “Well, I should be going.”

“Do you need me to call another cab for you dear?” asked Tina.

“No, he just went to get gas, he’s coming back, I’ll just wait outside for him.”

Patrick moved to the door and just as he opened it, he gazed back at Tina. “Goodbye, it was nice meeting you, Tina.”

“Nice meeting you, Patrick, goodbye,” she said, shutting the door.

Once outside Patrick walked down the steps and moved over to the fence looking at his cell. Inside Ricky rushed out to Tina.

“Something doesn't feel right,” Ricky told her.

“Ricky, you need to stay calm and go home. He knows nothing.”

“But what if he tells someone I was here?”

“I told him you were delivering groceries. Now go and I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Okay.” Ricky left through the back door, walking towards the area he hid his motorbike. He looked back and didn’t see Tina. Ricky’s heart pounded in his chest, knowing Patrick was going to see that his password was turned off and his messages read. Ricky ran to where he hid his bike.

Patrick did notice his cell was open and his picture files on him in Cosplay outfits were opened. He checked his email and noticed some of his messages were read dated for today. He decided to meet the cab at the top of the property. Thankfully the road was paved so it was an easy walk. When he reached it, he looked up and down the road for his cab. A lone biker was riding up the road, but no one else.

Ricky pulled up next to Patrick, who didn’t know Ricky at first until he took off his helmet.

“Hey, you need a ride?” asked Ricky.

“No, thank you,” said Patrick.

Ricky knew he made, the younger male nervous, but didn't care.

“So,” Ricky started. “You're Adam's new conquest?”

“Boyfriend, I'm his boyfriend,” Patrick corrected not liking Ricky's comment. “And if I remember, you're the delivery boy,” he said, wanting to remind Ricky of his station. Patrick's comment only made Ricky chuckle. Ricky continued to gaze at the beautiful male.

“I can see why Adam likes you. You are one sweet thing.”

Patrick decided he no longer wanted to talk to Ricky and turned in the opposite direction. Ricky jumped off his bike and caught up with him stepping into his path stopping Patrick.

“I hear you're pretty rich,” said Ricky.

“Who told you that?” Patrick asked, feeling uncomfortable, but Ricky ignored his question.

“I bet it took no time for Adam to tap that pretty ass?”

“You’re a rude pig,” Patrick snapped at him.

“Yeah, but I bet I can make you scream louder.”

Patrick struck the first blow with his palm striking Ricky face hard. Ricky tasted blood on the inside of his mouth, making him laugh.

“Oh, you like it rough.”

Patrick stared at Ricky dumbfounded by his rudeness, when he looked away he saw his cab pulling up. A sense of relief washed over him knowing he had a witness. Patrick stepped to Ricky and raised his chin at him.

“You know, for a delivery boy, you're very rude. So why don't you tell me how close you are to the Potter family or maybe I should call Adam or one of his brothers and ask?” Ricky closed into Patrick who tried to step back when Ricky grabbed his arms and pulled him close. Patrick tried to push away, but Ricky had a tight grip on him digging his fingers into his arms.

“Let go, you're hurting me.”

“I don’t think Adam can handle you. Why not let me have a go?”

“I said, let me go!”

“Oh, and if you say a word about any of this, well, let's say it won't be your phone they'll be looking for.” The cab driver blew his horn and Ricky pushed Patrick away. Who backed up before rushing to the cab and climbing in.

Ricky waited until Patrick was in the car before going to his bike and mounting it and driving off. Patrick sat shaking from the encounter.

“Hey, are you alright?” asked the driver. Patrick sat back when he saw Ricky driving the other way. He breathed a sigh of relief.

“Yeah, I'm fine.”

“Ricky's never been the same since his mother died,” said the driver.

“You know him?”

“Everyone knows him.”

“Do you know where he lives?”

“Yeah, above his mother's old general store in town. His grandmother sold it to Eric Perkins because of debt. Perkins lets Ricky live there and work in the store.”

“Eric Perkins owns it?”

“Yeah, you know him?” Patrick didn't answer his question.

“I need to go to town.”

“Okay.” The cab pulled off and Patrick now knew Ricky was the one who had his cell. He’d hope Adam was there so he could tell him what happened. He knew he's seen Ricky before.

“Adam's mother's email. The first one Anton sent Adam with the pictures,” he said to himself. Patrick looked at his cell and opened his mailbox and found the email. When he opened it, there was Ricky, standing next to the torture machine smiling. The second picture was with the bloody body of Eric Perkins impaled on the battle ax. “Did Ricky kill him? Whatever it was, the sheriff and Adam needed to see this,” thought Patrick.

He started to call Adam’s cell when suddenly the cab driver hit his breaks jerking Patrick forward, making him drop his cell and slamming into the back of the seat. He was thrust back when he heard the driver yelling at someone.

“What the hell are you doing!” Patrick heard him shout then a gun fire. Blood splattered on the window guard obscuring his view. Shock was overtaking him when the passenger side door opened and a masked assailant climbed into the cab pointing a smoking two-barrel shotgun at him. Patrick sat frozen when the masked person aimed the gun at his face.

“I want you to keep your mouth shut,” the gunman ordered. Patrick nodded his head complying. The gunman saw Patrick's cell on the floor and grabbed it seeing Adam's number showing. “Did you call someone?” he barked. Patrick shook his head no. “Don't lie to me!”

In a whisper, Patrick spoke. “I swear, I didn't call anyone.” The gunman moved the barrel close to Patrick's cheek who could feel the heat rising from it.

“If I find out you're lying I'm going to blow that pretty face off.”

“I didn't call anyone,” Patrick kept his response above a whisper so not to anger the man anymore. The gunman went to close the window showing Adam's number and backspaced to the picture of the now dead Eric Perkins. The masked man looked at the picture for a moment, then slid to the next picture and saw a familiar face. His own. Ricky remembered the photo being taken but how did Patrick get a hold of it?

He needed to think fast before someone came along. He grabbed Patrick's arm and dragged him out of the back seat and opened the driver's seat.

“Reach in and get the keys,” he ordered Patrick. Patrick looked in and saw the driver slumped over on the seat and his head gushing blood.

“Please—I can't,” Patrick pleaded.

Ricky didn't have time to argue, he backhands Patrick across the face who had to grab the open door to keep from falling. Ricky pointed the gun at him.

“I will end you!” Patrick's head spun from the assault as he tasted blood in his mouth. He reached in over the lifeless body of the driver and removed the keys from the ignition. Ricky snatched the keys from Patrick’s shaking hand and walked the dazed male to the trunk. “Open it,” he ordered him. Patrick obeyed. The trunk was empty as the gunman moved Patrick to face the trunk and released him. Patrick knew what was next and he didn't want to do it.

“Please, I don't want to get in there.”

“I know,” said Ricky, who with the butt of his gun struck Patrick on the head rendering him unconscious. Patrick fell forward as Ricky caught the unconscious male and picked him up, then lowered him into the trunk. He then went to the dead driver and dragged him from the car and placed him beside Patrick. Ricky knew he had some time before Patrick awoken, and figured out who was next to him, and start screaming. So, he had to work fast. Shutting the trunk and racing to his bike, taking it off the road and leaving it in the overgrowth.

He moved back to the cab and tugged off his mask using it to wipe off the blood from the window the best he could, sitting behind the wheel and driving off.

The next few chapters are going to be intense so get ready.
Please, I love comments and I hope to hear from all of you. And or, a, like. :)
Denise Matthews 2016
  • Like 5
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..