Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 1,158 Words
  • 1,185 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Our Little Nest - 23. Chapter 23

Adam returns.
Justin and Ethan has an....experience.

Adam returned to the mansion and allowed the valet to park his car. He worries about Justin now subsided, he could now focus on being by Patrick’s side. He entered the front door and Patrick’s cousin Reyes stood by the wide staircase, with another male Adam never met, to greet him.

“Welcome back Adam,” Reyes said with a smile.

“Thanks, Reyes, it’s good to be back.” Adam cast his eyes to the other male who looked about the same age as Patrick. Well-groomed with long wavy trimmed hair neatly tied back. His light hazel eyes stared back through black frame glasses and glowing complexion complimented his fit muscular physique. Reyes took notice of Adam looking at his companion.

“Ah, Adam you haven’t met our first cousin once remove Davet Livia. Davet this is Adam Potter, Patrick’s boyfriend.”

Adam extended his hand and Davet accepted.

“Hello, Adam, it’s nice to finally meet you,” Davet said, releasing Adam’s hand.

“So, you’ve heard of me?” asked Adam.

“My Aunt Drusilla told me you are a Private Detective and have mentioned you saving Patrick’s life a few times. She sees you as a hero.”

“She flatters me too much.”

“Don’t be modest Adam,” said Drusilla, holding Cyprus’s arm as she descends the staircase.

“Auntie, should you be out of bed?” said Reyes, moving towards her and his uncle and offering his arm to her. She took his offered support and smiled.

“I’m fine, the doctor gave me permission to leave my bed.”

“If she promised to eat more than a salad,” said Cyprus.

“And I will.” She looked back at Adam. “Patrick was looking for you. He’s in his room resting.”

“Resting?” asked Adam.

“He came down with a headache when he discovered you gone,” Cyprus said, giving Adam an irate look.

“I should go check on him,” Adam said, moving to the stairs.

“He should rest,” Cyprus said.

“Cyprus Adam should be with Patrick. Go Adam, we’ll see you both at the party tonight,” Drusilla said.

Adam smiled at Drusilla and as he passed Cyprus his smile turned into a smirk. Before Cyprus could respond, Adam darted upstairs.

While he moved down the hallway, he eyed artwork from different eras and furniture that belong in museums. Even the runner rug screamed high quality.

“Excuse me Mr. Potter?” Adam turned and eyes the maid who tends to Patrick’s room.

“Cora, right?”

“Yes, sir.”

“What can I do for you?”

“Yours and Master Valdez’s suits arrived, and I put them in your room.”

“Is Patrick awake?”

“No, he’s still resting.”

“Thank you, Cora.”

“You’re welcome, sir.” She gave Adam a little curtsey, and smile as she turned heel and walked away. Adam thought he will never understand Patrick’s way of life as he continued to his room.

 

**************

“Justin.”

A voice floated in Justin’s head as he laid unmoving.

“Come on Justin, get up.”

Justin felt a nudge in his head as his eyes fluttered open. Ethan’s smiling face came into focus.

“Hey sleepy head, time to get up. You slept all night.”

“I did?” Justin asked in a groggy voice. His throat was dry, and he had cotton mouth, which only happened when he drank too much. His vision cleared, and he saw he was in his living room on his couch with a blanket over him. With closer inspection, he realized he was naked.

“You had a wild night last night cutie,” said Ethan, sitting on the coffee table.

“What happened?”

“We went to a party and you drank too much.”

“A party? I don’t—remember a party,” Justin sighed, as he slowly sat up holding the blanket.

“I remember we went right after we got the history on the town.”

Justin looked around and even though he was in his apartment, he didn’t feel he was home. He swung his leg off the couch and pressed his back against the plush cushion. Resting his head back, he stared at the ceiling.

“You should eat something, I’ll cook for you.” Justin continued to stare at his ceiling and a thought came to him, he locked eyes with Ethan.

“Research,” Justin said.

“Yes,” Ethan said. Justin paused, covering his eyes, trying to collect his thoughts.

“Okay—right. Then we went to the party?” asked Justin.

“That’s right.” Justin’s heart began pounding in his chest and an icy chill ran up his spine after hearing a reply that wasn’t from Ethan.

Justin jumped up in the car, seated on the passenger side. He looked around and saw the town’s welcome sign at the county line. He looked beside him and saw Ethan sleeping soundly with a blanket covering him. Looking down, he saw a folder spilled over with articles. He turned on the ceiling light, adjusted his seat, and picked up the papers, waking Ethan in the process. Justin listened to Ethan’s groans as he stretched and slowly sat up.

“Hey,” Ethan said.

Justin didn’t reply as he looked through the papers. Ethan fixed his seat and tossed his blanket into the backseat.

“Sleep okay?” Ethan asked, stretching his stiff lower back.

“I guess,” said Justin closing the folder. “I kept dreaming weird shit.”

“Not me.” Ethan saw his car keys were in the ignition. “Ready to go?”

“Yeah,” Justin said, closing the folder. He was about to ask Ethan how they got out here, but then it came to him that it was his idea. “I need to get back to the office, so I can scan and email this to Adam.”

“Isn’t he at a party?”

“Yeah, but he wanted this as soon as possible.”

“Okay, buckle up.”

**************

Adam walked into Patrick’s room and found him standing by his walk-in closet looking inside a garment bag at what appeared to be a suit. Adam walked up behind him and saw the outfit.

“Is that one yours?” Adam asked. Patrick turned, startled to see Adam behind him.

“Adam, I thought you were Cora.”

Adam moved to him and hugged him.

“Sorry I left you suddenly.”

“It’s fine. Is everything all right at your office?”

“False alarm.”

“The doctor cleared my mother.”

“I know I saw her and I met a family member from your mother’s side.”

“Oh, you mean Davet. He came an hour after you left.”

“He seemed nice.”

“He is.” Adam returned his focus to the suit.

“So, you never said. Is that suit yours or mine?”

“Mine.” Adam turned to Patrick and kissed him. He placed his hand on the back of his head and caressed his neck.

“They said you came down with a headache when you found out I left. I’m sorry.”

“I’m all right. Mother is fine and you’re back.”

“Should we start getting dressed?”

“Do you want to shower first?”

“No, you go ahead.” Patrick smiled meekly as he went into the bathroom. Adam wanted to join him but decided to wait until that evening so not to have another disappointment.

Hey I hope you all are well and enjoy this new chapter. Please leave a comment and of like if you approve.
Things are getting intense.
Copyright © 2017 keyisfake; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..