Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 1,283 Words
  • 804 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Our Little Nest - 34. Chapter 34

Cuddle,
blackmail,
promises

The esthetics of the Aquarium were breathtaking. Small, marine life lived there nothing bigger that a sea turtle.

“We used this Aquarium to home recovering aquatic life until they’re released back into the wild,” Patrick told Adam, while both lay naked under a blanket on top of mats they found in a storage room.

They propped themselves up in front of the tank that held two sea turtles watching them swim around.

“That tank is huge,” Adam said.

“We wanted them comfortable.”

Adam looked over at him, seeing his glowing skin.

“Are you comfortable?”

Patrick smiled as Adam raised his arm and draped it around Patrick’s shoulder pulling him closer.

“I’m always comfortable with you.”

“Good, because I feel the same with you.” Adam gave Patrick a gentle kiss. “You amaze me Mr. Valdez.”

“Why?”

“Because, of your generosity and faith in me.”

“I always have faith in you, never doubt that. Where is this coming from?”

“Nowhere.”

“Adam, you’re lying. Does this have anything to do with what Yuri said to you?”

“Pat…”

“You’re leaving again,” Patrick said, pulling away from Adam, who moved with him wrapping his arms around him.

“No Pat… Listen, just forget about it. I’m here for you and only you.”

“Really, because it seems that you want me to tell you it’s okay to run off again?”

“No Pat, look at me.” Patrick tried to avoid eye contact with Adam, who grabbed his chin and raised his gaze. “Pat, I love you.”

“I love you…”

Adam kissed him before allowing him to say anything else. Which worked when they parted Patrick stopped protesting and relaxed back against Adam.

“This is nice, and I wish we can stay like.” Adam raised an eyebrow giving a crooked grin.

“We need to get ready for the party,” confirmed Patrick.

“Yeah. So,” Adam stood, pulling Patrick up with him. “Get dressed and I’ll go turn off the lights, so we can go tell your parents our great news.”

“About our house.”

“That’s right, our house.” Patrick’s face brightened as Adam lifted him off his feet. “That’s the face I wanted to see.”

Adam lowered him and gathered their clothes handing Patrick his. They tugged them on and Adam helped Patrick on with his shirt.

“Now finish dressing, and I’ll be right back.”

“Okay, don’t forget, just the switches that are marked.”

“I won’t forget,” Adam said, grabbing his shoes, and rushed off. Patrick slipped on his shoes and started rolling up the mats to return to the closet. Adam came back and helped straighten up.

They both returned to the house running into Patrick’s Uncle Bernardo.

“Adam, welcome back,” Bernardo said.

“It’s good to be back,” Adam replied, giving Patrick’s hand a little squeeze.

Bernardo noticed that Patrick’s attention was elsewhere.

“Patrick your mother was asking for you earlier.”

“She was?”

“Yes, she’s in her bedroom.”

“Her room? Is she not feeling well?”

“She’s fine, no need to worry.”

“Well, I’m going to go see her,” Patrick said.

“Good idea,” Adam said, “I’ll hang down here.”

“You can join me for a drink,” Bernardo suggested.

“I’d like that.”

Patrick started up the stairs as he watched Adam and his uncle continued down the hallway. He quickened his steps up the flights of stairs, walking down the hallway towards his mother’s room. A room door opened, and Yuri stepped out startling Patrick.

“Damnit Yuri, you scared me.”

“Keep your voice down, you wouldn’t want anyone to hear.”

Cleaned and dressed, Yuri seemed back to normal. Only his statement seemed off putting to Patrick.

“So, if they do?” Patrick snapped, then realized what Yuri meant.

“So, you told him about us?”

“Are you fucking out of your mind, no?” Patrick whispered.

“Then you’re going to convince him to go to WillowMoss to find Jamie.”

“The hell I am.”

“Patrick, Jamie’s in danger.”

“So, I should send Adam to risk his life for my replacement?”

“Don’t think of him like that.”

“Why shouldn’t I? You tossed me aside to save him. Then go save him yourself and leave my boyfriend out of it.”

“I need Adam’s help.”

“Find someone else.”

“Fine then, I’ll tell him about us.”

“There’s no—us. Besides, Adam will never believe you. It’s your word against mine.”

“What about our movie?”

“What movie?”

“The one I made of us. You were amazing.”

Patrick tried to slap Yuri’s face only for Yuri to grab his wrist and hold it captive pushing him against a wall.

“Talk Adam into going. I don’t care how, just do it.” Yuri started to release his wrist, but instead he kissed Patrick who tried to protest. Yuri moved away.

“Don’t ever do that again,” Patrick snapped.

“Do as I ask Patrick, or I’ll tell Adam what happened last night.” Yuri walked towards the staircase leaving Patrick stunned.

***********

After they finished their drinks Bernardo excused himself to make a phone call. Adam wandered onto the patio. A chill still lingered in the air as Adam enjoyed the peacefulness. Not hearing Patrick approach from behind.

“Hey,” Patrick said, stepping up beside Adam, who reached out and ran his fingers through Patrick’s soft curls.

“Hey yourself. How’s your mom?”

“She just wanted to check up on me.”

“So—did you tell her?”

Patrick looked at Adam confused at first, then remembered their announcement.

“I forgot.”

“What, I thought you would gush over it.”

“Well, we got to talking and it just slipped my mind.” Patrick turned away crossing his arms. Adam moved to him and turned him to face him.

“Pat, you’re not having second thoughts, are you?”

Patrick wanted to cry but held his emotions in the best he could.

“Adam, I know you want to help find Jamie.”

“Pat…”

“And you should,” Patrick knew his words came out stronger than he wanted. Adam stared at him concerned but said nothing. “You took him as a client and you need to see it through. He needs your help.”

“I thought you didn’t want me to leave you again?”

“I don’t, or I mean I didn’t.”

“So why the change of heart?”

Patrick swallowed his anger and looked at Adam with as much sincerity as he could fake.

“You supported me in all my ventures. It’s time I support you in yours. Even if it entails you, putting yourself in danger for others.”

“Pat…”

“You have to promise me that you’ll come back.”

“Of course, I’ll…”

“No, Adam. Promise me that you won’t jeopardize your life to save someone. You’ll come back to me.”

“Patrick, I promise I’ll come back to you.”

Patrick hugged Adam, fighting tears that wanted to fall as Adam hugged him back.

Patrick led Adam back to the kitchen, so he could leave unnoticed again.

“Walk with me to the jeep?” Adam asked.

“Sure,” Patrick answered in a meek tone.

 

Adam grabbed Patrick’s hand as they moved to his jeep. Patrick starts to pull his hand away once they reached the vehicle when Adam yanked him towards him.

“Adam,” Patrick said, alarmed.

“Pat, you can change your mind at any time.”

“What—why?”

“I know this is bothering you.”

“Adam… I’m not going to change my mind.” Adam leaned in and kissed Patrick sending his head back. When they parted Adam bent down and whispered in Patrick’s ear.

“You are an amazing man. And I’m so very lucky to have you.” Patrick snapped his head up.

“Adam, that’s not true.”

“The hell it’s not. Pat, I’ll come back to you and I promise I’ll make time for us and make it up to your parents.”

“I know.” Adam released Patrick and climbed into his jeep. Patrick watched as he drove off.

Thanks for reading.
Copyright © 2017 keyisfake; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..