Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 1,301 Words
  • 947 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Our Little Nest - 29. Chapter 29

Patrick takes a shower.

Adam is questioned by the his ex.

The first evening of the party ended. Much, to everyone involved, were surprised by Patrick’s cordial behavior. He drank one glass of wine at dinner, he moved through circles of conversations with poise and charisma. Whenever someone asked where Adam was, he explained that Adam had responsibilities that kept him busy at all hours. He wasn’t bitter, he projected respect towards Adam’s profession. Even his twin cousins couldn’t rattle him when drilling him with questions that their father Bernardo put an end to.

“Leave Patrick be, he owes no one, specially you two an explanation about Adam’s whereabouts,” Bernardo said. The tone of his voice was enough to silence Miguel and Reyes.

“It’s all right, uncle, they were only asking in candid.”

“They need to respect boundaries. Adam is your concern not theirs.” He turned to his sons. “Apologize to your cousin now.”

“Sorry Patrick,” they said jointly.

Patrick didn’t show it, but he found it amusing that his cousin’s father berated them.

“All ready forgotten,” Patrick said. “If you’ll excuse me, I’m going to turn in early.”

“Of course, we’ll see you in the morning,” Bernardo said.

Patrick walked away in a subtle movement. He found his parents playing cards with friends.

“You should stay up with us,” Raoul said, tossing a card on the table irritating a few people. “Your mother and I are making a killing.”

“Yes, Patrick, join us,” Philip said. “I’m horrible at this game and maybe you can give Michael some luck.”

“Don’t blame me,” Michael added. “You’re the one throwing out the wrong card.”

There was an awkward silence at the table that sat three couples. Patrick went and kissed his parents on the cheek ignoring the tension.

“I’m too tired I promise I’ll join tomorrow.”

“Will, Adam be coming back tonight?” Raoul asked, still staring at the cards. Patrick bit the inside of his lower lip before responding.

“I’m sure he’ll return, but it’ll be late tonight,” Patrick responded.

“That’s fine dear, we’ll make sure the staff for the gate knows of his return,” Drusilla said. “Get some rest.”

“Thank you, mother.”

Patrick left and headed upstairs. Once in his room he undressed and decided he wanted a shower. He entered his bathroom naked, not shutting the door. He turned on the shower and didn’t bother to wait for the water to warm up, as he stepped in, feeling the shock of the cool water covering his skin. Patrick wondered if Adam showered with Jamie after fucking him like he did with him. He grabbed a luffa and applied liquid soap, washing his body with urgency, unaware someone had entered his room.

*************

Adam sat in the police station at the desk of Artie Cutter, with his arm patched up. Jamie sat at AJ Chance’s desk, the detectives questioned them, Jamie refused to talk until he saw Yuri Jen. Adam tried to tell them what he knew, but parts were hard to speak out loud. Even writing it down prove to be impossible. AJ retrieved a glass of water for Jamie, where all Artie got for Adam was impatience.

“You’re obstructing justice Potter. You can go to jail for that,” Artie said, with such a direct tone Adam swore he was enjoying the thought of putting him behind bars.

“Artie,” began Adam, but Artie cuts him short.

“That’s Detective Cutter, Potter.”

“Well, with that logic, I can argue the same.”

“Potter, you’re no more a detective than a cartoon character.”

Adam perplexed by Artie’s statement, considered saying something when Yuri Jen walked in with two lawyers.

After Yuri’s lawyers made a few calls Adam and Jamie’s release happened in an hour’s time. They informed Yuri, Penny’s and the Lou brothers' bodies would be released to him in twenty-four hours. Jamie took his place at Yuri’s side who took the younger man’s hand, but not before kissing his forehead.

“Are you coming with us Detective Potter?” Yuri asked. Adam started to answer when cut short.

“Adam, could you hang back for a moment?” AJ called to him.

Adam glanced back and knew that AJ meant he needed to talk to him. Adam turned back to Jamie, who stood close to Yuri.

“Are you taking him back to the penthouse?” Adam asked.

“No,” Yuri said. “I’m taking him somewhere safe.”

“You know he’ll never be safe.”

“Let me worry about that detective. Your services are no longer needed.” Yuri turned and walked Jamie out of the station without allowing Jamie to say goodbye to Adam.

Adam turned back to AJ, who continued to work at his desk as he finished typing his report. AJ paused and looked at Adam.

“Neither of you gave us nothing.”

“I told you all I knew, AJ.”

“You told us that Yuri Jen’s assistant tried to kill you,” Artie said.

“Nothing gets by you Artie.”

“Fuck you Potter.”

“Language Cutter, you might get written up.”

“I should lock your ass up.”

“For what?”

“For obstruction of justice.”

“Bullshit.”

“Is it Adam?” AJ asked.

“AJ…”

“Adam, you said Penny Bell chased you with a gun, but that’s impossible with her extensive injuries.”

“Unless of course you hit her with your jeep,” Artie chimed in.

“I told you what I saw.”

“What about the motive?”

“She said she always hated Jamie, but she wasn’t able to kill him.”

“And why is that?” AJ asked.

Adam tried to say, but the words escaped him.

“I don’t know.”

“And the two men in the elevator?”

“I told you Penny killed them. Didn’t you get prints?”

“They’re being analyzed, we’ll have results by morning,” Artie said.

“Which should be in two hours,” AJ said.

“Two hours?” Adam said. “Oh crap, I need to go.”

“Remember the rules Potter. Don’t leave town,” Artie said.

Adam left without comment, relieved he drove his jeep to the station. He climbed in and pointed his headlights in the direction of the Valdez estate.

*****************

Patrick came out of the shower feeling more tense than when he went in. His mind kept racing back to Adam’s departure.

“Do I have to be a victim for Adam to stay by my side?” he wondered. His eyes caught something on his nightstand. He moved over to it and picked it up.

“Wine,” he said, sighing. He had no idea where the bottle came from. Cora would never just bring a bottle of wine pre-opened into his room. Would one of his cousins be so heartless?

His fingers still gripping the bottle, he moved and sat on his bed. Ignoring what vineyard, it’s from or what grape they used he only stared at the dark liquid that rested inside.

His throat was dry. He knew it was his addiction calling him.

“Drown it,” Patrick said. “Just drown it all away. It will help me sleep and I can forget about it all in the morning.” Patrick gripped the cork and yanked it out hearing the pop that followed. He’d like that sound, it always took him back when he spent time with friends and family enjoying each others company. Also, times when he was at his lowest and alone.

“Come home Adam,” he called out. His sorrow started to grow inside him, and he wanted it to go away. He took a long swallow of the domestic red grape closing his eyes as it rushed down his throat. He drank more and started to feel his sadness sink away.

He drank until the bottle was empty savoring the last sip on his lips. He started to lay back when he changed his mind.

“This is all his fault,” Patrick said, slowly getting to his feet. “He can’t get away with doing what he wants and expects me to yield to him.” Patrick fixed his robe and stormed out of his room.

Thanks for reading and please leave a comment and or like.
Copyright © 2017 keyisfake; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..