Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 2,752 Words
  • 910 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Our Little Nest - 32. Chapter 32

Adam and Patrick goes to see a house.
Yuri wakes up.

Adam was a bit uneasy showing Patrick the country home. They awoke early having breakfast in the kitchen with a few of the staff that were female. Adam was impressed how comfortable Patrick was with them. They knew of his Cosplay and his and Adam’s relationship and were supportive.

Adam’s injuries were healing and with the help of pain killers he was able to function normally. Adam drove them in his jeep and neither said anything about what happened to the other last night. Patrick tried to busy himself on his cell texting to Mia who was out of town with Adam’s older brother Paul. Adam wasn’t sure if Patrick had fully forgiven him. He’d hope, seeing the house would prove to Patrick that he was serious about their relationship.

“Who are you texting?” Adam asked, keeping his eyes on the road. Patrick lowered his cell just as they ended their texting.

“I text Mia to see how she was doing.”

“So, how is she and Paul?”

“They're busy and having fun. She’s emailing me pictures.”

“I’m glad they hit it off. Mia’s a great woman.”

“Me too.” Patrick said, still staring at his cell in his hand. His tone told Adam something different. He knew Patrick had doubts about their own relationship.

“You know, we should plan on taking a vacation from it all.”

“What about your work?”

“Well, I’m done with my latest case and I must admit I could do with a break.”

“Wait, you’re done with the case?” Patrick asked, looking at Adam with optimism in his voice. “As in, no more body guarding?”

“That’s right, Mr. Jin said he no longer needed my services.” Patrick’s face brightened as Adam smiled. “So, there’s that pretty smile I was looking for this morning.” Patrick blushed as he looked away still smiling.

“Sorry,” Patrick said. “I had a lot on my mind.”

“Tell me about it.”

“No. It was silly. Tell me how you found this house?”

“I was driving and saw a garage sale and ran into someone I knew from the police academy. She was moving away with her family to a new job and needed to sell her home. She invited me in and showed me around then gave me an inside deal if I make a bid before the end of the week.”

“Adam, I’d understand if this is something you really don’t want.”

“I would have never told you if I didn’t want it Pat.”

“I’m not the greatest of roommates.”

“I have no complains.”

Adam reached out taking Patrick’s hand. Adam pulled the soft palm to his lips kissing the back.

Patrick still had the guilt of what he might have done with Yuri but knew if he and Adam were just left alone they would erase all doubts.

Adam knew his kiss with Jamie was out of his control so to tell Patrick would only cause more problems between them. He didn’t want Patrick worrying about his career choice, he only wanted to make him happy.

************

Yuri first heard voices around him when he opened his eyes, he saw unfamiliar faces talking over him. He realized they were two females a doctor and nurse, they notice he was awake.

“Welcome back Mr. Jin, I’m Doctor Hayes,” she said, giving his chart to the nurse who walked away.

Yuri looked at the name tag confirming her name. She pulled out a thin flashlight and checked his eyes minding a bandage that covered his forehead. She turned off her the light and smiled at him.

“You were in a car accident. How are you feeling?” she asked.

“Fine,” Yuri said, still unsure of what was happening.

“Can you tell me your full name?”

“Yuri Jin.”

“Good, now the date?” Yuri was about to answer when he remembered Jamie.

“Jamie, where is he?”

“Jamie, who’s that? A friend, family member?”

“My—lover. He was in the car with me.”

“No, you were alone when someone found you.”

“No, he was with me.”

“Mr. Jin when the paramedics got to you, you were alone.”

“What, no…” Yuri tried to sit up, but a dizzy spell hit him hard causing him to fall back.

“Please lie still Mr. Jin, you’ve been through a traumatic event.”

“Jamie, I need to find him.”

“What you need to do is stay put so you can heal. Now I’m going to prescribe something to help you sleep. The nurse will be back to give you a pill.”

Doctor Hayes typed something on a tablet then started to leave the room, then stopped at the door.

“Oh, we took the liberty of calling Miss Bell for you, she should be here shortly.” She left the room as Yuri lay in shock from hearing his once loving friend's name.

Finding out her feelings towards Jamie was only hatred. A lump grew in Yuri’s throat at the thought of never seeing Penny again. If she had only said something he might have eased her worries. He slowly sat up and got to his feet. Still feeling tipsy he managed to find his clothes and dress.

Catching his image in a mirror, he saw the bandage cut on his forehead and the bruise on his mouth. He tried to remember what happened, but his mind was blank.

He opened the door and found a dark hallway with no one in sight. He glanced around finding it strange that just a moment ago a doctor and nurse were in his room. He moved for the exit, deciding to take the staircase down. He saw that he was on the second floor and held onto the railing as he traveled down. When he reached the lobby, he found it deserted, not even security. He walked slowly outside the stars filled night sky where his car with the trunk crushed in, the driver side and passenger doors were missing.

“Where are you Jamie,” he said, panic racing through his body. He looked around and down the path towards the exit gate was a taxi. He moved to the car and climbed into the backseat. The driver didn’t ask Yuri where he wanted to go, as Yuri gathered himself searching his pockets for his cell unable to find it.

“Driver, I need to go back, I left my cell phone,” Yuri said, but the driver ignored him. “Did you hear me? I need to go back,” Yuri said louder as the driver said nothing turning down streets that Yuri was unfamiliar with.

With closer inspection of his surroundings Yuri realized he wasn’t in Cargo City. Nothing looked familiar.

“Driver where are we, what neighborhood is this?” Still he received no answer.

He reached for the door handle finding it missing, nor any way to roll down the window. He looked at the driver’s credentials, but only saw a silhouette with the caption, ‘Welcome to WillowMoss’.

“I’m in WillowMoss?” Yuri said to out loud. “That can’t be.” But then he saw that they were driving towards the highway. Yuri banged on the plexiglass. “Hey, stop the car I want to get out!” But the driver didn’t flinch, it’s as if he was unaware of Yuri in the car. Helpless, Yuri sat back as they passed the billboard reading: You Are Now Leaving WillowMoss. Hope You Enjoyed Your Stay. With an image of a family embracing one another.

Yuri knew he was leaving Jamie behind, but he also knew he was coming back to find him, but he needed help. He glanced at the driver’s dashboard and saw the time was 4:30 a.m. He closed his eyes and decided to conserve his strength.

****************

Adam knew the place still wasn't what Patrick was accustomed to, even though Patrick never complained about staying in Adam's one-bedroom apartment above his office. He watched, the now empty home, as Patrick quietly walked through each room, looking in closets and draws, opening windows, and running water until he finally approached Adam with a warm smile on his face.

Adam who stood with Megan Sutter, and her realtor Craig, doubted Patrick’s demeanor.

"So, you hate it," Adam asked. Megan glanced at Adam shocked by his comment.

Patrick stepped closer to his worried detective then lightly slugged him in the stomach. Adam leaned forward pretending to suffer pain.

"You think I'm shallow?" stated Patrick.

"No," Adam said, smiling.

"Liar, I love it! I want to move in now."

"Really?"

"Yes, and for you doubting me you have to cook dinner for me for a week.”

"Is that all?" Adam asked gathering his smiling lover in his arms.

“So, it’s a go?” Megan asked knowing the answer. Adam looked at his friend.

“If my offer is enough?”

“And if it’s not I’ll cover it,” Patrick said. Adam was about to protest when Patrick cut him off. “If we do this we’re in this 50/50. Okay?” Adam seem to be thinking it over then smiled.

“Okay, anything you want.”

“Wonderful, the papers are drawn up if you’re ready to sign?” Craig said.

“We are,” Patrick spoke first.

Adam signed, and Patrick followed for every page they needed their name or initials. When they finished the paper work both Adam and Patrick transferred their half of the offer through their phones.

Megan and Craig walked to the front door follow by Adam and Patrick.

She turned to Adam handing him the keys to the house.

“Here you go, there’s three sets total.”

“Thanks Megan,” Adam said.

“No, thank you. I’m glad I’m giving this place to someone I trust.” She glanced at Patrick and smiled. “It’s good meeting you Patrick. I know you’ll both be very happy here.”

“It’s nice meeting you too Megan. And good luck with your new career and addition.”

“Thanks. Well, the place is all yours, enjoy.” Adam leaned down and kissed her cheek and she returned the gesture.

“Good luck Megan, you deserve it,” said Adam.

“Thanks Adam, goodbye,” she said to them as she walked to Craig’s car and climbed in. Adam gave Patrick his set of keys and watched as he locked their front door.

“I wish we could stay a little longer,” Adam said.

“Me too but we need to get back,” Patrick said, staring at his keys as they walked to Adam’s jeep.

“Do you want to tell your parents?”

“As soon as possible.”

“What do you think their reaction will be?”

“They’ll be happy for us.”

“Are you sure about your father?” Adam said opening the passenger door for Patrick who climbed in. Patrick seemed lost in thought as Adam closed his door and boarded the driver side starting the jeep. Patrick remained quiet through their journey not taking his eyes off the keys in his hand. Adam pulled over to the side of the road and put the jeep in park not turning off the motor.

“Pat,” Adam said, gaining Patrick’s attention. “I’m sorry.”

“For what?”

“I should have never brought up your father like that. I’m sure your mother and father will be happy for us.”

“I want them to be. But if for any reason they, meaning my father, disapproves then—oh well.”

“Oh well?”

“Yeah. I’m old enough to make my own decisions and if he wants to cut me off because I refuse to listen to him then it will be his lost and his alone.”

“Pat.” Adam reached over and caressed a tear that rolled down Patrick’s cheek. “I know that your father loves you and there is no way he will ever cut you out of his life. Even if he’s mad at you. So, I believe he’s going to be onboard with our decision and support his little boy.”

Patrick smiled as another tear rolled down his cheek. Adam wiped it away with his thumb.

“Now no more tears. This is a huge thing and I want you happy.”

“I am.”

“Really?”

“Yes.”

“Prove it.”

“How?”

“Wait until we get back.”

“What but I want to know now.”

“No, tell me how we should decorate our place.”

“Decorate? I always had someone for that.”

“Then here is your next lesson. We are going to do it ourselves.”

“We are?”

“Yeah, it’ll be fun. Like, we can paint the living room orange and the kitchen black.”

“What? Adam no.”

“Then how would you do it?”

“They living room needs to be inviting with a warm color and the kitchen…well…I’m not sure.”

“That’s okay. That’s why we’re doing it together. And I promise I won’t paint any room a color we don’t agree on.”

“I’m so excited about this.”

“It’s going to be amazing.”

Adam pulled his jeep into the same spot he parked in his first arrival to the Valdez estate. He climbed out and walked around and opened Patrick’s door. Once out Adam pulled him into an embrace.

Enjoying his detective’s new-found libido. Patrick stopped Adam regaining his composure. Adam didn’t like the interruption as he tried to kiss Patrick again.

“Adam,” Patrick laughed, pushing against Adam’s brawny chest. “We can’t, not here.”

“I told you to prove to me that you’re happy,” Adam whispered then bit his ear. Patrick laughed as he struggled against Adam.

“As much as I want you, we can’t do anything here.”

“No one’s around.” Patrick shook his head at Adam’s persistence. “Now come here,” Adam ordered trying to pull Patrick closer to kiss him. Patrick turned his head sideways causing Adam to miss his lips.

“Adam as much as I want to, here is not accommodating. There’re security cameras.”

“Pat, I want you now, so, where?” Adam kissed him and returned to sucking his neck.

“Was this how he acted when he had Jamie in his arms?” Patrick wondered.

“Okay, okay Adam, I have an idea. First stop biting my neck.” Adam raised his head and gave Patrick a questioning stare.

“This better be good.”

“It is. We can go to the Aquarium.”

“The Aquarium?”

“Yes.”

“Pat, you want me to drive us to the Aquarium? That’s a bit out of the way.”

“Drive. No, I mean my family’s Aquarium. We have one on property.”

“There’s an Aquarium here?”

“Yeah, it’s below ground.” Patrick said.

“Okay, show me this Aquarium,” Adam said, baffled by Patrick thinking it was normal.

Patrick grabbed Adam’s hand. He was about to lead him away from the house when Yuri Jen stepped into their path. They froze staring at Yuri’s injuries and crumpled appearance.

“We need to talk detective,” Yuri said.

“How did you know where to find me?” Adam asked, feeling Patrick squeezing his hand.

“Adam…”

“It’s okay Pat, I’ll just be a minute. Go to the door, I’ll follow soon.” As Adam released his hand and walk towards Yuri. Patrick gave Yuri a warning glare as he left.

Adam made sure Patrick was out ear shout before confronting Yuri, who, didn’t want to wait.

“They have him,” Yuri said, his voice shaking. “You have to help me.”

“Keep your voice down, Patrick could hear. Just tell me what happened.”

“I was going to take Jamie out of the country when my car was hit from behind. I woke up in a hospital, in WillowMoss.”

“WillowMoss,” Adam said, out loud remembering his bizarre experience. Something he’d hope was behind him. “What happened to Jamie?”

“I don’t know. I don’t remember being taken to the town.”

“So, how can you be sure he’s there?”

“I don’t. But why would they take me there, and not him?”

“We have to call the police.”

“No, Jamie told me they’ll be useless.”

“You do remember three people are dead. I can’t do anything that interferes with police investigation.”

“This has nothing to do with the police. Jamie is being held against his will.”

“Why did they let you go without a warning?”

“What?”

“Never mind. Yuri you need to call the police. I can’t get involved anymore.”

“Why not?” Yuri watched as Adam looked towards the house where Patrick stood by the back door. He knew Patrick was the person he needed to talk to next.

Without a word Yuri turned and walked towards the front of the house disappearing around a corner. Adam headed towards Patrick meeting him halfway.

“What was that about?”

“Nothing, don’t worry about it.”

“But Adam…”

“Pat I’m starving. Let’s grab something to eat.” Patrick allowed Adam to open the door for him that led to the kitchen.

“What did he want?” Patrick asked.

“Nothing I’m concerned about now. Come on, you have a promise to keep.”

Thanks as always for reading and please leave a comment and or like.
Copyright © 2017 keyisfake; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..