Jump to content
    Lee Wilson
  • Author
  • 3,422 Words
  • 696 Views
  • 21 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
This story is an original work of gay fiction. None of the people or events are real. While some of the town names used may be real, any other geographic references (school, events) are purely fictional. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is completely coincidental. This story depicts sexual situations between high school aged males. If reading this is illegal where you reside, or you are not at least 18 years of age, you are reading at your own risk. This work is the property of the author, Lee R Wilson, and shall not be reproduced and/or re-posted without his permission.

Before And After the Divorce - 24. Inside the Korean Baths, and Ch-ch-ch-changes

We walked into what had to be the cleanest locker room I have ever seen. Okay, so, maybe I've only seen a few, and none since high school. Not the best comparison. Anyway, we got lockers next to each other. Colton and Jiho started undressing, but Dominic just stood in front of his locker. He wasn’t staring, but rather nervously looking between his locker and a couple of gentlemen further down the row we were in.

I placed my hand on his shoulder. "Something wrong, Dom?"

Dominic took a deep breath and looked at the floor. "No, Dad. I'm just working up my courage to start undressing."

Jiho gave him some advice. "Do not think about anybody else being around. You are here with friends. We won’t let anything bad happen.”

Dominic’s shoulders relaxed, and he took off his shirt. I slowed down to match his pace. It took him about two minutes, but we were finally all nude. Once again, Jiho tried to help.

"If you feel like you have to look at someone, look at me. I do not mind, and of course, I would not say anything about it."

Dominic gave his friend a grateful smile. "Okay. Thanks."

We showered quickly, grabbed our towels, and off to the pool we went. We were having such a good time, Dominic and I forgot we were nude. He and Jiho raced each other in the shallow end. I was quick to notice when a single man entered the pool and immediately looked at the boys. I got Colton's attention and nodded my head toward the man.

After a few moments of observation, Colton said, "I will be right back." He returned shortly with a staff member.

Colton leaned his head toward me and spoke softly. "We must go back to the locker room for a minute. We will stand in the last row until Hwan, the gentleman in the uniform, tells us we can return to the pool."

Dominic looked confused, and I couldn’t help but wonder what was happening. We got out of the pool and wrapped the towels around us. The two men in the locker room with us earlier were talking to Hwan. They also left to go to the locker room. Once out of the pool area, I asked Colton what was up.

"The man you pointed out, looking at the boys, is being spoken to about courtesy. He will be asked to leave if he does not comply with Hwan's request."

"Just for looking at the boys?" I hadn’t realized how serious an offense it was.

"Not exactly. Hwan will ensure he understands the rules regarding where to keep his eyes when it comes to children. A short glance cannot be helped, but staring, as I told you at the house, is very much frowned upon and potentially grounds for removal from the premises. If he is allowed to stay, I will watch him and speak to Hwan again if he repeats his discourteous actions. As Jiho said, nothing bad can happen because the staff will not allow it to progress beyond a lack of courtesy. More overt actions are dealt with immediately."

We could hear yelling from the other side of the locker room. Hwan’s calm demeanor was reflected in the muted sounds of his voice. Another minute later, two rather large Asian men, came into the locker room. The shouting stopped, and a moment later, Hwan approached, and spoke to Colton in Korean. The man gave a short bow and left.

Colton turned to me and explained, "He says the man has been asked to leave and is being escorted out by the men you saw. We can return to the pool if you want to."

We looked at the boys, who nodded enthusiastically. Colton and I sat on the edge, dangling our legs as we watched the boys splash around for a bit longer. They only put up a small fuss when Colton said it was time to get out. We toweled off and slipped on the comfortable pajama-like silk pants and tops. Jiho told us what they liked to do when they were here. I looked at Dominic and he shrugged and let me decide. I felt it would be good to experience the steam room and sauna. Dominic and I passed on the body shampoo and went to the snack bar for something light and a cold drink while we waited for the Kangs.

After they joined us and finished their food, I thanked Colton for inviting us and assured him we’d enjoyed ourselves. I let him know I would call him in a day or two. We bade them farewell and went our separate ways.

"Dad?" Dominic looked at me solemnly as he buckled his seatbelt.

"Yes, Dom?"

"That man they kicked out, was he kind of like Mr. Trevon?"

"I’m not sure, but probably a little. If he refused to leave after looking at you and Jiho, there’s no telling what he may have tried to do."

In the rearview mirror I saw Dominic scrunch up his eyes, "He creeped me out. I wouldn't have wanted to stay if he didn't leave."

"I'm glad you feel that way. It could have gotten ugly had he stayed. To be honest, I probably would have made us leave if he stayed. I didn't trust him or myself."

Another eye scrunch, "Why yourself?"

"I may have gotten violent if he approached you or Jiho."

He hesitated, apparently deciding how to say what he did next, "But you've never done anything like that before, have you?"

I shook my head. "No, I haven't, but since the experience with Mr. Trevon, I get angry more easily. If tested, I don't know if I could stop myself from ki—hurting someone who hurt you."

I almost said killing someone, but thankfully, I caught myself.

Dom asked, "Would you want to go back there? Or did that man, um, scare you away from wanting to go again?"

"Yes, I would go back. I had a lot of fun today. Except for that guy, it was relaxing. The odds of something like that happening again would be very low."

He clapped his hands once and smiled, "Good. I want to go back too."

A couple of hours after we got home, I received an unexpected phone call. The first six digits looked familiar, but I couldn't place them.

"Hello?"

"Hey, little brother."

Ah, that's why I recognized the exchange, northeast Ohio.

"Dave? Holy shit! How are you doing?"

"I'm doing great. I just got a promotion at work." He chuckled. "The idiots I work for made me a director."

"Congratulations. So, what, does that make you an idiot too for accepting?” I laughed at my own joke. “Do you have the whole development organization under you now?"

"Funny, bro,” Dave quipped. And yep. I get to cattle-prod developers, engineers, testers---forty-seven people in all. Plus, my own administrative assistant, something Patty wasn't very happy about initially."

I sucked in a breath between my teeth. "Uh, oh. Wife troubles?"

"Nah, not really. Let's just say he'd probably rather go out with you than Patty. When I told her that, she relaxed."

I snickered, "When does this start?"

"It technically starts tomorrow, but there's a little bit of a snag."

"What's that?"

He hesitated. "I have to ask you a favor."

"If I can do it, anything."

There was a longer pause. "It's pretty big."

I rolled my eyes, even though he couldn’t see. He could hear my sigh, which I may have exaggerated just a smidge. "Stop beating around the bush and spit it out."

"Okay. The job is a little north of Pittsburgh. I have a satellite group here in Akron. All of my new groups are there."

He stopped again. I waited, mentally circling an imaginary finger urging him to get on with it even though I knew what he was about to ask.

"So, obviously, we don't have a house anywhere near there."

"For crying out loud Dave, just ask." I was going to make him work for it.

"Okay! Okay! Can we stay with you for... a week or two? Just until we find an apartment or short-term rental to move into. Patty's not too thrilled with the idea of staying here without me.” His voice got lower. “That and she wouldn't trust me to find suitable lodgings."

I snorted. Dave would indeed have picked something completely unworkable, "Geez, is that all? You made it sound like you wanted me to kill the guy who currently has the job."

He was quiet for a very long time.

"Dave?"

"Sorry. No, he already died."

Open mouth, insert foot. "Oh, fuck. I'm sorry. Was he your boss?"

"Yeah. Great guy, too. We can talk about it when we're there. Now's not a good time in Dave's head."

"No problem. When would you like to show up?"

"Tomorrow?"

I gasped, "You're serious?"

Dave snickered. "No, but I loved the reaction. Next Saturday if it's not a problem."

"I forgot about your demented sense of humor there for a second. I should have known." I also forgot Dave could dish it out as well as he could take it.

"So, it's cool? The three of us can stay there for a while?"

"Sure. I think Dominic would love to have little Sal around for a while."

"Yeah, he ain't so little anymore. Fourteen going on twenty-five. He's not happy about the move, but A—I really wanted this and B—the other option for the position is a real dickhead. I would not have enjoyed working for him. So, bribery is entering the equation."

"I can't even imagine." Bribery was in every parent’s back pocket. Even Dominic knew how work the system when it suited him.

"Yeah, me neither, but I suspect he'll be one of the most spoiled boys in his new school for a while."

I laughed, "Yeah, like he wasn't already."

"Well, yeah. Anyway, we'll probably leave here around eleven AM, depending on how quickly we can get an unmotivated teenager moving. So, I'd say expect us around one."

"Not a problem. I'll tell Dad to come over."

A heavy sigh came through the speaker. "Yeah, about that."

"What?"

He lowered his voice. "I never mentioned it before because we seldom got together, but for whatever reason, Patty doesn't like Dad."

"What do you mean—whatever reason? What possible reason could she have?"

"Okay, I know the reason, but I’d rather not discuss it on the phone. I’d really appreciate it if he wasn't there when we arrived."

I frowned. "No worries, but he'll want to see you at some point."

"Oh, of course. I just—” Dave audibly swallowed. “Well, just don't tell him we're coming. Please?"

I was getting more and more confused, "Yeah. Okay."

"Good. I gotta go. See you Saturday."

"I'm looking forward to it. Bye."

"Bye."

I set my phone on the counter, unsettled by the revelation that Dave’s wife didn’t like Dad. I shook it off.

"Hey, Dom."

He came running into the living room, "Yeah, Dad?"

"You're going to have a roommate for a little while next week."

His face clouded. "Who?"

"Your cousin, Sal."

His happy smile returned, "Really? Why?"

"Uncle Dave got a promotion at work, and they need somewhere to stay until they find somewhere to live closer to his new job."

"Okay. How long?"

"He said a week or two, but it's kind of open-ended."

Dominic hesitated before agreeing. "Yeah. It could be fun. When do they get here?"

"Saturday, probably early afternoon."

"Can I get some boxes so I can make some room in my closet and dresser for Sal's things?"

My heart swelled at my son’s thoughtfulness. "That's awfully nice of you. Sure, I can pick up a couple on my way home from work tomorrow."

"Thanks, Dad."

"You're welcome, buddy."

His use of daddy seems to be drifting away. He's growing up too fast.

Tuesday

I brought home three good-sized boxes for Dominic to put some of his things in. By early Tuesday evening, he had them filled almost to overflowing.

"Dad?"

"Yes?"

"Can you take these two boxes down to the storage room?"

"Sure. What about the third?"

"That's stuff that doesn't fit anymore. Can we donate it somewhere? Not a thrift store, but somewhere that will give them to kids who need them?"

I was touched, "Yes. That's very nice of you to think about others. I'm proud of you for doing that."

Dominic’s cheeks turned pink. "Thanks. But it was all just taking up space. I didn't think it would be right to throw it away."

"You're right. How about we head out for dinner and stop at the women’s shelter to donate it."

"It's by that Chinese food place, right?"

A boy after my own heart. "Yes."

"Can we go there?"

"Yes, wherever you want. Why don't I call Colton and see if he and Jiho can join us?"

"Yeah!!"

Although Colton's mom had already prepared dinner for them, he said she practically shoved them out of the house when he mentioned my invitation. She obviously likes Dominic and me. We met them at the restaurant after dropping off the box, which Dominic insisted on carrying to the drop-off door. Colton and I shared a quick kiss before we went in.

"Thank you for the invite, Dylan. I was hoping to see you again sooner rather than later."

"It's always good to see you. And the boys like being together."

"Yes. They are becoming quite good friends. Jiho has talked much about being a flying monkey with Dominic. I am not sure what that is all about, but if he is happy, I am happy."

I explained a little about the movie to him. Dominic had already brought his version of the book to school to give to Jiho at a rehearsal.

"It sounds like a fun movie. I will have to look for it so Jiho and I can watch it."

"Can they come over after dinner and watch it with us?"

"Sure. Let me check if it's still available on-demand."

I checked the cable provider's app on my phone. It was. After we finished dinner, the Kangs came back to the apartment, and we watched the movie together. Even though it was like my twelfth time seeing the movie, I enjoyed watching Colton and Jiho’s enjoyment of it. The boys went into Dominic's room afterward.

"Not for too long. You have school tomorrow." I called after them.

"Okay, Daddy."

I'm back to being Daddy again. Whatever. Once they left the room, Colton moved closer.

"I know we cannot get intimate, but is kissing okay?"

"It's always okay for that, Colton."

He leaned in, knowing we needed to keep it tame with the boys just down the hallway. Or so we thought that's where they were.

Unbeknownst to us, the boys’ curiosity got the best of them, and they decided to spy on us. Unfortunately for them, staying quiet is quite challenging for a nine-year-old and an almost eight-year-old. The TV volume was down low, so we heard them giggling. Colton and I both turned toward the hallway, catching them in mid-giggle.

I pulled away, frowning. "Boys, come in here." My voice was firm. “Now.”

Together, they approached, eyes wide. They knew they were in trouble. "How did you know we were there?" Dominic asked.

"You weren't very quiet. What were you doing?"

My son looked at the floor. Jiho was biting his bottom lip. Finally, Dominic said, "We haven’t watched for long, honest! We just wanted to see if you were kissing."

I sighed. "And are you happy you saw that?"

Both shook their heads. "I guess not."

"Well, you're going to be more unhappy. No television for two nights, Dominic."

His chin quivered. "I-I'm s-sorry."

I held my ground. "I’m sorry, too."

Colton stood. The furrow between his eyes betrayed his disappointment. "I will give you the same punishment, Jiho. No television for two nights.” He looked at me. “I believe we need to leave. I must speak to Jiho alone."

Kids certainly knew how to ruin a moment, but I understood. "Yes, I'll be talking to Dominic as well."

Colton and I gave each other a bro-hug. We had no desire to let the boys see us kissing again. After they left, I had Dominic sit next to me.

"Do you know why you're being punished?"

"Because you caught us?"

I had to stifle a laugh. I coughed to try to hide it, "Not exactly. Whether you were caught or not, do you think it was right to spy on us?"

Dominic dropped his head. "No."

"Exactly. You obviously knew that since you said you were sorry right away. Why were you watching?"

"Just to see if you were kissing."

"Dominic." My voice dropped an octave.

He looked at me, and his shoulders sagged. "I thought when you kissed at the restaurant that you wanted to do it more. I know you like Mr. Kang. I thought, if I knew you were kissing again, maybe they would move in with us."

I wasn't expecting that, and hopefully, I hid my surprise well enough, "Would you want them to move in with us?"

He hesitated. "Yes. I like having Jiho around. It'd be like having a brother."

"I can understand that. Colton and I are not at a point in our relationship where moving in together would be a good idea. I won't say that could never happen, but we’re still getting to know each other. Do you understand?"

"Yes. Like when you and Mommy were together. You loved each other before you got married."

"Right. We dated before we moved in together. It can take a while before two people fall in love. So, show a little patience and respect other people's privacy. Remember when you had to say you were coming down when we were at the Kang's last Saturday?"

"Yes."

"Why do you think Mr. Kang asked Jiho to do that?"

"So, we wouldn't interrupt your privacy?"

"Right. Even if we were just talking, sometimes adults need to say things away from their children. Things maybe you wouldn't understand yet."

"I know you don't like me to say it, but things like sex?"

"I don’t like it when you’re teasing about it like with Grandpa. If we’re talking about things like this, it’s okay to say it. But that's just one of many possibilities, but yes. Any kind of private topic."

"I understand."

"Okay, go ahead and get ready for bed. I'll come in shortly to say goodnight."

"Are you mad at me?"

I smiled at him. "No, Dominic. You made a mistake. You'll make a lot more as you're growing up. I wouldn't be a very good father if I got mad for every little mistake."

"You're not a good father."

This time, I couldn't hide my shock. He sounded so serious.

Dominic started laughing, "You're a great father."

"You think you're funny, do you?" I grabbed him and tickled his sides, making him shriek with laughter.

I stopped and kissed his head. "I love you, buddy."

"I love you too, Daddy. See you in a couple minutes?"

"For sure."

Thursday

Dad enjoyed the time he spent watching Dominic, so I didn't feel guilty about going out to Casey's on Thursday, like usual. Before I left, I told Dominic not to mention Uncle Dave coming.

"Why not?"

"I'm not sure. Uncle Dave asked me not to say anything yet, and I promised. That extends to you too."

"Okay, I won't say anything."

"Good boy. And remember, no TV."

"I know. I'm reading a book that’s for sixth graders, so I need to concentrate on it."

I wasn’t sure if I should be curious or concerned. "What book?"

"Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment. It's really good so far, but there are a bunch of books in the series."

"Is that a hint?"

His silly grin nearly made me laugh. "Can it be?"

I chuckled. "Sure. Write down the titles, and we'll see what we can find at Goodwill. If there are any they don't have, there's always Amazon."

"Cool, thanks. Have a good time with Mr. Kang."

"Always. I'll see you in the morning. I love you."

"I love you too. Goodnight, Daddy."

I squeezed him tight. "Goodnight, Dom."

 

Next up - "More Colton, Some Dave, and a Conflict"

Copyright © 2023 Lee Wilson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 10
  • Love 25
Feel free to drop me a line if you haven't already. I appreciate the comments, good or bad. 
If you liked this, check out my other stories on nifty. You'll need to search for my email address, some of those may violate GA guidelines (lee.666.wilson@gmail.com)
LRW
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

36 minutes ago, Carybr said:

Very interesting chapter. The boys learn not to violate their fathers’ privacy, and Dylan’s brother is coming for a visit. 

Thanks. Not all kids are incorrigible.

Edited by Lee Wilson
  • Like 5
Link to comment
30 minutes ago, BoyLove said:

Great story so far, I will hold my opinion on why Dave's wife doesn't like Dave's Dad. 

Was surprised that you mentioned Maximum Ride. I have read the series. I loved it. I wish he would have written more books in the series, but it is definitely in my top 100! 

The reason for the dislike might be hard to guess.

I love Max Ride as well. I’ve read it at least twice. In general not a big JP fan, but that and the Michael Bennett series, I do like.

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Punishment is not fun. Especially for kids. But if you don't then they don't learn. Dylan is a "great" father. Wondering why Dave's wife doesn't like her father in law. Dave moving there is going to put a damper on everything. 

  • Love 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Sherye Story Reader said:

Punishment is not fun. Especially for kids. But if you don't then they don't learn. Dylan is a "great" father. Wondering why Dave's wife doesn't like her father in law. Dave moving there is going to put a damper on everything. 

Dominic thinks he's great, what more does a parent need?

Dislike reason will arrive soon.

The moving in is temporary, but Colton's house is still available to them.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment

Dylan is a good parent and so is Colton. The boys are good kids too.

I wonder why Dylan's sister in law doesn't like grandad? 🤔 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
28 minutes ago, Doha said:

Dylan is a good parent and so is Colton. The boys are good kids too.

I wonder why Dylan's sister in law doesn't like grandad? 🤔 

The answer is right around the corner.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..