Jump to content
    Lee Wilson
  • Author
  • 1,737 Words
  • 1,152 Views
  • 20 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
This story is an original work of gay fiction. None of the people or events are real. While some of the town names used may be real, any other geographic references (school, events) are purely fictional. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is completely coincidental. This story depicts sexual situations between high school aged males. If reading this is illegal where you reside, or you are not at least 18 years of age, you are reading at your own risk. This work is the property of the author, Lee R Wilson, and shall not be reproduced and/or re-posted without his permission.

Before And After the Divorce - 7. Smokey (Robinson) Brings His Friends to Visit

I'll share where I initially planned to go with this but changed my mind. I was going to kill Lacy off in an auto accident. But then I thought of another story line to pursue. She was saved by a demented imagination. Also cut this one a little short to get something posted sooner and I envision the next section to be long enough on its own.

Monday

It's been three days since the last update from Dr. Hsu, but the nurses keep us apprised of status. Continuing the doctor's snowball analogy, the snowball is still rolling down the hill, but summer has arrived. The shrinkage of the tumor and its dead cells has picked up speed. In the past three days, it has shrunk another 5 mm, down to 31 mm. The layer of dead cells is increasing even faster, being approximately 2 mm thick itself. It's not completely uniform, but the nurses say that is about its average thickness. So, the active cancer cells are around 29 mm.

Dr. Hsu stops in to see Lacy on his way out.

"How is my favorite patient and her cheering section doing today?"

I'm pretty sure he already knows how she's doing, so I answer for Dominic and myself.

"Awesome, based on what the nurses tell us."

"Yes, the rate the tumor is dying is very satisfying. Things are definitely looking good. A few more days like this past weekend and I think you'll be able to bring her home."

That excited Dominic to no end. He couldn't sit still the rest of our visit. But of course, he was the curious seven-year-old first.

"When can she come home?"

"I can't promise anything, but maybe by Friday if this continues."

"Yes!!!!!"

Lacy and I spoke about the living situation. She had no problem sharing the apartment with me but was hesitant about sleeping arrangements. She obviously hasn't gotten past my gayness. Dominic has bunk beds in his room because we'd prepared for eventual sleepovers. But Lacy wasn't comfortable with me sleeping in his room. Little does she know I've done it a number of times since I moved in, just to calm Dominic from his nightmares. She also wanted no part of the possibility of my sharing a bed with her. I guess I'm lucky we decided a sleeper-sofa was a good idea while furnishing the apartment.

Wednesday

Lacy is ecstatic when we walk into the room.

"You're sure happy. Shrinking faster?"

"No. It's gone."

"What?"

"Yippee!!!"

"No trace of the tumor on today's CT scan. They ran an MRI too."

"Have you seen Hsu today?"

"Yes, but he said he'd be back during evening visiting hours to talk to us."

"He wasn't looking at the wrong films or anything? It's hard to believe."

"No, it isn't daddy. God listened."

We talk about the change for a little while longer, and then Dr. Hsu comes in.

"Is it true doctor?"

"That the tumor is gone? Yes, but don't ask me to explain how."

"The equipment functioning properly?"

"I didn't think that was it but decided to run an MRI as well. Same result. Plus, the tests before and after Lacy's all looked as expected. The tumor really is gone."

"Can mommy come home now?"

"Well, not right now, but we'll run some more tests tomorrow and if the results don't change, not that I could see how they would, tomorrow when you visit is likely."

"Yea!!!!"

Dominic is happy. I am too, even though tonight will be the last time I sleep in a real bed for who knows how long.

Thursday

I take off from work two hours early, assuming Lacy is coming home. We head to the hospital as soon I pick up Dominic. Lacy is dressed and waiting. I have to physically peel Dominic off her when the orderly comes to take her downstairs. She'd already said goodbye to all the doctors and nurses. We stop at a diner on the way home for an early dinner. The tumor dissolving completely has positively affected her attitude.

"You know what Dylan? You don't have to sleep on the sofa-bed. I don't mind if you sleep in the bed with me. We should have a talk, just you and I and that will be a good place to do so."

"It's totally up to you, Lacy. I'll understand if you want to sleep separately."

"We'll try it tonight. Like the hospital stay, one day at a time."

After dinner, we sat together in the living room and let Dominic pick a movie. It actually felt good to do things as a family again. I knew things would never be the same, but maybe we could live together, as roommates. We'll have to see how the sleeping arrangement works out tonight. I really don't see us sleeping together long term.

We put Dominic to bed together, said goodnight and retired to our bedroom. One thing that surprised me was that Lacy fell right back into undressing in front of me. She really is beautiful, but she no longer excites me like in the early years of our marriage. I stripped as well, her noticing my flaccid penis but not saying anything. I put on a pair of sleep shorts and a t-shirt. We took care of our nightly bathroom tasks and got into bed together. I let Lacy start the conversation.

"I'm sorry I was such a bitch, but I couldn't help it."

"I know. It was the tumor, but you're better now. You'll see Dr. Hsu in a week and as long as the cancer stays away, it won't happen again."

"And I also know that you would never do anything to hurt Dominic. Just, well, you turning gay pissed me off, and then the tumor..."

"It's OK. We'll just take it from here and forget about all that."

"I know we can't be together in a sexual way anymore, but for now, will you just hold me, so I can fall asleep in your arms?"

"Sure. It's not like I hate you, or am afraid to touch you, you know."

I pull her in close, she has her head on my shoulder, and I have an arm around her.

"I guess. I just never understood what was wrong with me to chase you away."

"There's nothing wrong with you. You didn't chase me away. I just finally realized who I really was."

"OK. We have to figure out the living arrangement. Obviously, we'll have to see the judge again. If you'll let me, I'll take you back."

"Lacy, I'm..."

"Wait. I don't mean we get remarried. But we can stay together, like roommates. We can both have a boyfriend. It won't bother me now."

"What happens when one of us wants to be intimate with that boyfriend? The other one goes to a hotel for the night? That's not going to work."

"That's not something we need to worry about right away, is it? Are you seeing anyone?"

"No. Were you, before the cancer hit?"

"No. Between work and Dominic, who had time? But if we stay together, we could both potentially find someone. I want you to be happy. You were so patient after the divorce, and I know you did a great job with Dominic after I went nuts. We can help each other."

"I'm willing to try."

"Thank you. You don't have to bring Dominic to daycare tomorrow. I'll be here. There isn't much point spending the money. At least not right away."

"Are you sure you'll be OK?"

"I'm sure."

She leaned in and gave me a quick kiss. On the lips, but it was OK. At least we were friends again. That'll be best for Dominic.

"Goodnight, Dylan."

"Goodnight, Lacy."

Friday

I'm up fairly early so I can shit, shower, and shave, and I'm surprised that Lacy's already up. I smell coffee, so of course, I have to check that out after peeing. Hey, that's always first after getting out of bed.

"You don't have much here for breakfast."

"Cereal and Eggos aren't enough?"

"Wiseass."

"Sorry. My cooking skills never materialized."

"Yeah, I remember when I let you be in charge of the meat loaf that one time. It's a big fat hamburger. Somehow you screwed it up."

"You never mentioned the eggs and breadcrumbs."

"Go prove your skills as an alarm clock. I want to spend the whole day with Dominic. I've missed him."

"Hehe. That I can handle."

I get Dominic up and hit the bathroom. Lacy and I get along so much better with no tumor and no marriage. This arrangement just might work.

Thursday

The past almost week just flew by. Lacy and I are getting along fine, and still sleeping in the same bed. She has been dropping hints, or I think she has, we men don't read hints from women very well. Hints about us potentially making love. Neither one of us has been with anyone else for quite some time. If I am reading her right, I'm thinking, what the hell, why not. We'd had sex hundreds of times before the divorce, I can be with a woman again. It's not like it'll happen every night.

Lacy had her follow-up with Dr. Hsu today, she made it late enough in the afternoon that I only needed to leave work an hour early to be home with Dominic. She'll have to wait until the morning to get the CT scan results. If it's still clear, she can go back to work. Too short notice for this Monday, but the following week could be a go.

Friday

The results are in, still no cancer. Lacy's happy and horny. We agreed to have a relationship discussion tonight before the big event.

"I just need this once; it doesn't mean we're back together or anything. I still think we should see other people. Tonight, it's just sex."

"I understand Lacy. I feel the same way. We're just doing something together we both need."

"Another thing I was thinking along those lines, we should give each other a night out. We'll never meet anyone, aside from at work, if we both stay home all the time with Dominic. We can figure out who gets which night closer to the time."

"That sounds fair. I had a lot of fun when I took Dominic bowling, I can join a league and then you'd have your choice of all the other nights."

With that settled, we kissed a little, but pretty much just warmed up with our hands. It was sex, but it was way more mechanical than emotional. Even so, it was still a little better than jerking off.

"Thank you, Dylan. Goodnight."

"Thank you too. Goodnight Lacy."

Next up - "Nights Out and Relationships"

Copyright © 2023 Lee Wilson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 24
  • Love 13
  • Wow 2
Feel free to drop me a line if you haven't already. I appreciate the comments, good or bad. 
If you liked this, check out my other stories on nifty. You'll need to search for my email address, some of those may violate GA guidelines (lee.666.wilson@gmail.com)
LRW
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

25 minutes ago, Lee Wilson said:

Good thing this is fiction. 😀

But if you were given a choice, do one or die, which would it be? J/K.

Hobson's Choice.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Just as roommates? Not sure how that is going to work out! As for sleeping arrangements,  why not get a bigger apartment with both working.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Sherye Story Reader said:

Just as roommates? Not sure how that is going to work out! As for sleeping arrangements,  why not get a bigger apartment with both working.

A good concern and a good idea. But inertia kind of sets in. It’s working for now, let’s not rock the boat.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Canuk said:

I get the feeling we are being led to the edge of a cliff.. ..

Watch where you step.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 11/27/2023 at 11:48 PM, drsawzall said:

I'm concerned there might be a relapse and as @weinerdog noted, could the comingling produce a bun in the oven?

That is a definite concern and would really hinder both Lacy and Dylan. 

  • Love 3
Link to comment
On 11/29/2023 at 12:32 AM, kbois said:

Hmmm...

Lacy seems rather manipulative. From a straight female perspective, if my husband announce he was gay and we ended up in the exact same circumstances as Dylan and Lacy the last person I would want to bang would be my ex. 

She has an agenda. Mark my words. 

@kbois you are probably right. I will know in a few minutes since I'm binge reading. 😆 🤣 

  • Love 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 1/13/2024 at 8:16 PM, Canuk said:

I get the feeling we are being led to the edge of a cliff.. ..

@Canuk I think you are prophetic. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

Like many others, I think this cohabiting could spell trouble. Let's see. 

  • Love 2
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..