Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Live, Love, Lose - 25. Chapter 25

For the first time ever since he had followed Paul outside, he left the house, all on his own, his hands buried in his pockets as he mostly looked down.

The streets were rather crowded, but it was as if he were all alone, or as if he were only a ghost. Even if he were to bump into someone, he wasn’t sure they would even notice.

He walked until he arrived at an old and disused warehouse in the South of the City. It was a huge building, so much so that you could put up dozens of families in it. But who would like to live in such a grim and ugly place? No one would. No one who was normal and decent. Only fools and madmen could accept living here.

Rumour had it that it had been a prosperous warehouse until it became bankrupt following the Great Depression.

There was only the sound of his footsteps echoing that could be heard as he crossed it. He went to the upper floor.

It wasn’t just any building. It was the place where he had had his first sexual experience ever. With him. They had been the only fools to squat in here.

He had never been interested in girls. Even as a child. They had never caught his eyes, no matter how pretty some of them could have been. But he became well aware throughout time of his keen interest in boys. One lingering stare at boys and men he knew he could never have, a thing that almost got him into trouble more than once. Unlike what most people said or thought, it was actually quite hard to know and say which men were into men or not just by observing them. It’s not as if it were written on their faces in capital letters.

But there were some exceptions. Like Paul. He had had the occasion to witness many times how flirty he always was with plenty of girls. He reminded him much of him in this regard. He did love girls, no one could deny that or claim otherwise. He could remember getting jealous once he had realised and acknowledged his feelings for him. He had caused many arguments just because of it. He had never been one to like arguments; he had always been the one to ease the tension, make the whole matter seem like it was no big deal. And they had always ended up making up with sex every time. Peace would last for a while until he caught him again flirting with new girls. He just wasn’t the one love and monogamous type of bloke. He was quite libertine. And opened to various types of experiences. Like buggering males.

Okay, he had kept watching random men he would run into, but it’s not as if he had flirted with them; so it didn’t count. This was only human. Everyone did this. This was just casual and fleeting. There was no harm in admiring handsome creatures. And just because some men were very good looking didn’t mean they could be someone you would have a serious love affair with.

Look, Paul’s best friend, Arthur, was a really handsome man. But he was as posh and uptight as he was handsome. Everything he hated. He really wondered how Paul could still be friends with a bloke like him. They were polar opposites. Neither did he know how the bloke could enjoy Paul’s company. This was a real mystery, about which he would probably never have the answer.

He knew it was wrong to look at men this way, and much worse to have sexual relations with them.

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination .

Those words he had read and heard over and over again. It was so frustrating to be a part of a minority that was despised and belittled and hated by the majority. To hear that you were sick and twisted, and considered more dangerous than any of all the worst criminals.

But he had always made it feel alright, as normal as being into girls. It was both strange and fascinating how he had the power to change any serious matter into something trivial for the better.

But now that he was gone, it felt worse than ever to be labelled as a bugger. He had never chosen to like and be aroused by men. He just couldn’t help it. It wasn’t his fault. Why did this kind of thing have to happen to him? Why?

He was well aware that he was far from being the only one; but there was one chance in one million that he would be one of them, and it fell on him, like a piano that crashes on the ground and kills the person that happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

He took a good look at his surroundings as he stopped right in the middle of the room. It still looked the same as the last time he had come. Bare, dusty, dirty, and a bit smelly.

But the only difference was that he could never be here with him ever again, and share moments, good and bad, like the ones they had. He would never come back. That mere thought made his eyes all watery. He bit his lower lip hard as they started shaking uncontrollably. That thought was weird and scary, and the sensation that was associated with it was all the more so horrible. No matter how hard he would try every time, he could never hold them back that long. They always ended up winning; making him hate himself a little bit more each day for letting all his vulnerability take over his whole being.

Besides weeping wouldn’t bring him back to life. He had to keep that in mind.

His silent tears quickly turned into loud sobs.

“Nathan…”

It became twice as bad. He had to close his eyes as the whole sight was coming more and more unbearable to see.

“Why…” his voice was so shaky that he could hardly utter it properly. “Why…why did you leave me…?”

He was sobbing so much that his snot was flowing relentlessly from his rad and aching nose, only to slide between his parted lips and fall into his mouth. No matter how hard he sniffed to try to hold it back, it was as useless as with the tears. But he actually didn’t care; he just ended up swallowing it as if it were some eatable substance. They just mixed up with his tears, so he didn’t make any difference between the two.

“Why?!” He shouted at the top of his lungs. “What did I do to deserve this…?”

He must have done something wrong. There couldn’t be any other explanation.

That was it. That was because of it. This was all because of his deviant behaviour. A shiver ran through his whole body and he froze in his spot. And to punish them both, the holy heavens made Nathan die, and let him live so he would suffer until the end of his life. The kind of torture that was a thousand times worse than death itself.

Now he was truly ready to start believing in God because of this. His body wouldn’t stop shivering.

It was a kind of warning in a way. If he kept having this kind of kink, who knows what might happen in the future. He didn’t want to know.

No. He wasn’t going to let that happen ever again. He could be normal too. He could change. He was going to change.

His tears finally died down as his fierce determination became stronger than any of his weaknesses and flaws.

He could be like him.

 

Hey! :)
So at least we know about George's sexuality now..
Please keep expressing yourselves! I just love it so much when you do so :)
By the way I don't know how the weather is in your country, but where I am, it started snowing yesterday and when I woke up this morning everything was white!! Winter has come, pals!!
Take care and stay safe ❤️
Copyright © 2021 LittleCherryBlossom26; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 18
  • Love 1
  • Wow 2
  • Sad 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

George is gay.  Yes I know that feeling.  I am sure there are so many others who have felt that same feeling as George just has.  Many other males will feel that same thing.  George may not be entirely correct when he thinks that he will change.  Join the club George,  for is  is a large club that you are in but do not realize it just yet.  George will doubt himself and possibly become angry at  himself for his thoughts.  He may also just resign himself to the realization that he is different in respects to how he feels about other men.  It may take him  a little longer but I  do think George will find his way in the world as there are so  many others that are members of this club that do not really know they are yet.  George may have just helped himself more that he realizes by coming to thiw old building where him and Nathan joined together.  This could  also be the beginning of George's self healing.  But, let us keep reading to learn ourselves. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment

George has come to a critical point. He belives he knows why he is suffering and why his lover was killed. We know today that he is wrong but what they did was wrong by all the standards he knew. Homosexuals were  jailed in England. Alan Turning the most important British scientist in WWII was put in prison for having sex with a guy.

I also hope that George is on a path to self-healing. I would prefer that this story sensitively treats his new explorations and that George finds a path to survive realitically and be healthy. Is he going to be celebate ? Could he eventually find another guy that helps him heal ? I don't want him to die or find a lifeless marriage with someone he doesn't love..

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

I’m trying to read between the lines when it comes to Paul.  I get a sense that Paul is gay, or at least bi, from the scenario that George was remembering.  Did George and Paul share an intimate side of their relationship?   And, I did find compassion for George in this chapter.  I know how hard it is to be something you don’t want to be.  I understand his angst. He’s still a twat though hahaha.

  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1
Link to comment

@OkiegradI have to admit that I wanted to remain as vague as possible concerning Paul's sexuality because I like this mysterious charm it gives off and because he's not the main character too lol. But your intuition is pretty good! :)

But poor George though! ^^

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

So emotional filled with hate and fear! You are becoming very good at engaging the hearts of your readers with the characters.  Is Paul bisexual or gay? The writing strongly suggest this is true. Paul, like so many gay leaning bisexuals flees for commitment to a woman.  It seems like he uses the excuse that he is "playing the field" to justify the only way he can explain he can only find sexual stimulation with a female is by a new female each time to satisfy his sexual needs.  He is happy on the surface as a mask for his impotence with women. All the signs are there in the story.  Whether it is Paul or Nathan that George is remembering, George is in a desperate state of mind.  

  • Love 2
Link to comment

WOW George in his unrelenting grief has come out to us and while doing so outs Paul as Bi. What a difference from today to 1940 when to be gay was to be jailed and today where we can marry and we have many out openly gay individuals in government. But for poor George who has lost his lover and best friend. The only one with whom he could be as he is; the only one who knows and understands. The only one who he can share his love, touching and caressing. I can understand the devastation, the complete and utter despair that he faces. How to go on being different always holding yourself in check never able to be who you really are? So hard to understand the devastation in the context of the world today. 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..