Jump to content
    Mancunian
  • Author
  • 4,950 Words
  • 1,338 Views
  • 61 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Charlie and Michael Baxter lost their father at a young age. They have been brought up by a hard-working mother who loved and treasured her boys. Unfortunately, she passed away before they finished college and through no fault of their own, they found themselves homeless. This is their story.

What Happened To The Baxter Boys - 10. Chapter 10

Thursday morning, Michael woke with a start and sat bolt upright in bed. Across the room, the sound of a loud bell ringing was silenced by Charlie. “Morning, Michael. Are you okay?”

“No! What the hell was that noise? It's enough to wake the dead.” Michael was irritable and tired.

“Sorry. It's the only alarm clock Gramps has spare, and you know I need to get up for work.” As he got out of bed to go to the bathroom, Charlie tried to sound apologetic but was secretly amused at Michael's startled reaction to the atrociously loud alarm.

“It's okay.” Michael sighed, covering his face with a pillow he flopped back on the bed.

Michael decided that since he was awake, he might as well get up. While waiting for Charlie to return from the bathroom, he dressed. When Charlie returned, Michael dashed to use the bathroom before going downstairs to the kitchen. He descended the stairs and heard Harry's bedroom door open, followed by the bathroom door. Since everyone was awake, Michael filled the kettle to make a pot of tea.

 

After Charlie left for work, Harry sent Michael out with Missy to give her a walk. He then began to potter about the house tidying up. By the time the tidying up was done, Harry felt tired but as Harry would put it, it was a good tired. He had accomplished something, which was the beginning of regaining his independence. By the time Michael returned with Missy, Harry had written a shopping list and insisted they go shopping in Chorlton. Harry sweetened the deal by promising breakfast in the cafe before they started the shopping.

While they were shopping, Harry spotted a notice in the window of the second-hand shop advertising for part-time staff and pointed it out to Michael. The shop was closed, and the windows had been blacked out, but Michael spoke with the owners of the butcher's shop next door. They wrote down the contact details and told him the shop had been taken over by two young businessmen who wanted to expand their business. Excited at the prospect of a job, Michael thanked them for the information.

Returning home with the shopping, Harry admitted he felt tired and left Michael to put the shopping away. Again, Harry decided that it was a good tired. They had enjoyed a full English breakfast at the cafe, and neither of them felt hungry, so they decided to pass on having lunch. Michael was too keyed up anyway. Although nervous about calling and not knowing anything about the job, Michael was anxious to call the number given to enquire about the vacancy he had seen earlier.

Using Harry's house phone, Michael first contacted his old college as Stacy had advised. His college counsellor was helpful and promised to send him copies of any certificates and grades Michael had attained. She also promised to include a letter of recommendation to help gain another course when he resumed his education. The news helped to calm his nerves for his next call. He had never applied for a job before and was particularly nervous.

Taking a few deep breaths, Michael decided that procrastination would get him nowhere and dialled the number he had been given. The phone rang three times before it was answered. “Good afternoon. You are through to G.J.C. Limited. This is Benjamin speaking. How can I help you?”

The slightly accented voice that spoke almost perfect English threw Michael for a moment, but he soon recovered. “ Erm, I'm calling about the part-time retail vacancy posted in the window of your shop in Chorlton. Could I speak to whoever is handling that, please?”

"Of course, sir. At the moment, I am the one who can assist you. My name is Benjamin. If it's alright with you, I would like to ask some questions to arrange a suitable time for an interview. May I have your name and contact details, please?"

"Yes, Benjamin, that would be good. Thank you," Michael replied, trying hard to control his nerves as he gave Benjamin his details.

"Now some questions. Do you have any experience in the jewellery industry?" Benjamin inquired.

"Erm, no, I don't," Michael replied.

"Have you ever bought or sold pre-owned items?" Benjamin asked.

"No, I haven't," Michael more nervous, replied again.

"Do you have any retail experience?" Benjamin asked for the third time.

Michael felt deflated as he replied, "Erm, erm, no, I don't, Benjamin. Maybe I'm just wasting your time. I've never had a job before." He was ready to put the phone down.

“Please, Michael, do not think you are wasting my time. As Mr Sean has said to me, sometimes having no experience is better than having a little experience. We do offer to train all of our staff.” Benjamin sensed Michael's disappointment, and something inside him told him he should try to help. “Would you mind telling me what you have been doing since you left school?”

“I was attending a college in Burnley studying performing arts, but due to personal circumstances, I couldn’t finish the course. I've now moved to Manchester, and I want to find a college in Manchester to complete my studies.”

“That sounds very interesting and like hard work, also. I think you are someone that Mr Ian and Mr Kevin would like to meet. Are you available tomorrow at eleven a.m.? And could you bring an up-to-date curriculum vitae?”

“Erm. Yes, yes, I can be available.”

“That is very good, Michael. Mr Ian and Mr Kevin will see you tomorrow at eleven a.m. at the shop where you saw the notice in Chorlton. I will be there too, and I look forward to meeting with you.”

“Thank you, Benjamin. I'll see you tomorrow, and if I am lucky enough to be offered a job, I promise to work hard and do my best.” Nerves caused Michael to start rambling.

“I am sure you will. Thank you for calling, Michael. Bye.” Benjamin hung up the line.

Michael replaced the handset in the cradle, almost dropping it; his hands were shaking that much. Excitement, nerves and a bit of fear almost overwhelmed him. Michael was running his hands through his hair as panic started to set in. He needed a CV and didn't know how to write one! As he flopped onto the sofa, Harry woke up from napping in his chair.

“Sorry, Michael. I didn't mean to nod off like that.” Harry yawned and rubbed his face. “Are you okay? You look a bit flustered.”

“Yeah, I'm good. Just nervous is all.” Michael's voice sounded a little shaky.

“Nervous, why? Did your phone calls go alright?” Harry's concern showed in his voice.

“The college is sending me copies of my certificates and records, so that went well.” Michael paused and sighed before he continued. “I called about that job, and they want to see me tomorrow. It makes me nervous because I've never been to an interview before. I don't know what to wear or what to say when I get there. They also want me to bring a CV. I haven't got one, and I don't know how to do one. So, I doubt I'll get the job anyway.”

“So, you're giving up?” Harry pointedly asked.

“I don't want to, but...”

“No buts young man. I'll make us a pot of tea, and you call Stacy. Go on,” Harry coaxed. “I'm sure Stacy will have a few ideas about sorting out a CV. Now get on that phone!” Harry rose to make the tea, leaving Michael to make the call.

When Harry returned minutes later with two mugs of tea, he asked, “Well, what did Stacy say?”

“He said they will come over to see if they can help when Jason gets home from college. I'm guessing that means Danny will be with them. You know how inseparable Danny and Jason are.” Michael still seemed gloomy as they settled to drink mugs of tea.

“Aren't you supposed to be going to The New Boot with Stacy tonight?”

“Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Do you think Stacy would mind if I put it off till another time? You know, with the interview tomorrow and everything.” Michael began to feel overwhelmed again.

“Talk to Stacy about it when he gets here. You know, it could be a good distraction for you.” Harry was about to take another sip of his tea when he heard a key in the door, followed by voices in the entrance hall. “Speak of the devil. It sounds like everyone has turned up at once.”

Charlie was first through the door, closely followed by Stacy, Jason and Danny. “Well, when are you going to call him?” Jason was berating Charlie for not calling Brad. “He really likes you and wants to see you. Would it be so hard to talk to him?”

“Of course not. It's just that I don't get paid until next week and I need to figure out how to pay your dads back and work out what to pay Harry for mine, and Michael's keep.” Charlie was fretting. “Sorry, Gramps. When I parked up, I bumped into this rabble and they followed me in.” Charlie then ducked out of the way as Stacy went to give him a playful clip around the ear.

“Rabble are we? I'll give you rabble. You're not too big to go over my knee you know.” The smile on Stacy's face gave away that he was not as annoyed as he sounded.

“Hey, be careful, I'm delicate.” Charlie chided.

“Delicate, you delicate? It's Gramps and Michael who were in the hospital, not you. And what are you worried about anyway? After all, where there is no sense, there is no feeling.” Jason enjoyed having a verbal dig at Charlie. “Now, when are you going to call Brad?”

“I can't.”

“Why?”

“Because...because I don't know his number for one. I don't have a phone for two and, and, I don't have any money yet. I told you.”

“Excuses, excuses.” Jason, with an exaggerated roll of his eyes, took his phone from his pocket, unlocked it, and handed it to Charlie. “Brad's number is in my contacts. You can copy it down, then you have his number. If you don't want to use Gramp's phone that's fine. You can use mine. I've plenty of free minutes. Call him, please. I know you want to.”

“Okay, I'll call him later. Thanks.” Charlie was grateful for the push. But then he needed to ask something. “What are you doing here anyway? We didn't expect to see you until tomorrow.”

Michael answered for them. “I have a job interview tomorrow and need a CV for the interview. They've come to try to help me sort it out,”

Charlie pumped his fist and smiled.

“Well, I'm no good at CVs, but these two have covered it in college. So, they are here to help. I'm just the chauffeur and here to see Harry,” Stacy explained. “Why don't you call Brad while the rest of us are busy?”

Jason, Danny and Michael went into the kitchen to make drinks and settled at the kitchen table to compile the CV. Harry and Stacy made themselves comfortable in the lounge for a chat, and Charlie used Jason's phone to call Brad.

Brad was very happy to hear from Charlie. When Charlie explained what was happening at Harry's house, Brad asked Charlie if they would like him to come To Harry's house to help. He explained to Charlie that one of the things he did at The Old Shoe Factory was to help residents and locals write CVs. He also had a laptop and portable printer which he would bring.

Charlie was surprised to find that Brad lived close by. Brad rented a large bedsit, described by estate agents as a studio apartment, on Warwick Road in Chorlton. Although Charlie didn’t know, it was behind the shop that Michael had applied to for a job. After checking with Harry and Michael he gave Brad the address and waited for Brad.

 

Arriving at Harry's house, Brad immediately took over organising Michael's C.V. He started by talking to Michael about what he had done at school and college. They then moved on, talking about Michael's interests as Brad took notes. When Brad felt he had enough info and background, he started typing on his laptop. Brad was very good at this and typed three CVs in different formats and printed them. In less than forty-five minutes, Michael had three CVs to choose from. Michael's preference for the second one was backed up by general consensus and Brad's advice. Brad printed five copies and handed them to Michael.

With Michael's CV finished, Brad and Charlie began talking and ended up arranging a date night. Charlie insisted that it had to be after his first payday. Michael left them to it and went to put his CV away till morning. Danny and Jason took Missy for a walk after checking with Michael, and Stacy continued to chat with Harry.

Stacy wanted to make sure that Harry was happy with the arrangements. “How are you feeling after being home for a couple of days?”

“Oh, you know how it is. I feel a little better each day, but I still get tired easily. It will probably get better given time.” Tiredness showed in Harry's voice, but he had a smile on his face and in his eyes.

“Yes, it will get better, just don't try to rush things. Are Charlie and Michael looking after you?”

Harry's smile grew bigger. “They hardly let me do anything. They're spoiling me. I wish they would ease up a bit and let me do more. I'm not going to break.”

“I'm sure you're not.” Stacy chuckled. “They are fond of you and are just trying to do their best.”

“I know. They are good lads.” Harry's expression became serious. “Who is this Brad, the young man with the goatee? Is there something I should know? Because he keeps on looking at Charlie.”

Stacy chuckled again and explained where Brad worked and what he did. Stacy explained how Brad and Charlie met and that they were in the 'getting to know' you stage as it was too soon to be called boyfriends.

“Oh. Ooohhh. You mean like Jason and Danny?” Harry asked as the penny dropped.

“Yes, Harry. Like Jason and Danny.” Stacy held back the urge to laugh. He didn't want to offend Harry. “There is something else you should know, Harry. Brad knew your Mikey. Mikey was his best friend, and Brad still misses him, just like you do. Maybe talking would be good for both of you. Brad can tell you what he was like with his friends and how much they all loved him. You don't have to if you don't want to, but if things develop between Brad and Charlie, you will be seeing more of him.”

“I will, Stacy. I will, but not yet. I want to get to know him first.” Harry said no more but closed his eyes for a moment or two.

Just then, Danny and Jason returned with Missy. As soon as she was off her lead, she came into the lounge and checked everyone out then she sniffed and licked Harry's hand. Satisfied her friend was okay, Missy settled at Harry's feet.

“Well, it's time I made a move. I have a hungry family to feed.” Stacy rose to his feet. “Have you eaten yet, Harry?”

“No, I'll have something in a bit. Are you still taking Michael with you to the shelter?”

“Yes, I think it would be easier for Michael to come home with me, then we can go straight from mine. It will save time, and I always have enough to feed extra.” Stacy directed himself to the lads in the kitchen and raising his voice, spoke loudly. “Jason, Danny, it's time to go. Michael, get your gear together, you're coming too. And if it's okay with Harry, please bring the guitar and amp.”

Surprised, Michael looked at Harry who simply nodded. Jason and Danny helped Michael get the guitar, amp, and leads, then loaded them in the car. Ten minutes later, they entered the Robins' house to the welcoming aroma of Chicken Tikka Masala simmering in the slow cooker.

After Stacy and the lads left, Charlie asked Harry what he fancied to eat. When Harry couldn't decide, Brad offered to treat them to cod, chips and mushy peas from Atlantic Fish Bar in Chorlton. Harry and Charlie agreed to the mouthwatering treat. Harry prepared warm plates, a fresh pot of tea, and bread and butter while Charlie drove Brad to get the fish and chip supper. Later, as a treat, Missy enjoyed the leftover fish that everyone was too full to eat.

Harry chatted with Brad about his son Blond Mikey for about an hour. Although it caused a few tears, he learned how popular his son had been. Discovering that Michael had helped and befriended a lot of the younger gay crowd in Churchills filled his heart with pride. Harry also agreed to meet some of his son's friends in Churchills when he fully recovered.

When Brad and Charlie took Missy for a walk, Harry took his evening medication and prepared for bed. Mugs of hot chocolate were ready for Charlie and Brad's return with Missy. After a short chat with Brad and Charlie over his hot nightcap, Harry made himself comfortable in bed, and Missy settled at the top of the stairs. Brad and Charlie spent most of the next two hours chatting and making out, mostly making out.

Charlie was sat bolt upright on the sofa with his hands, fingers spread out, on his thighs. Brad sat next to Charlie and shuffled a little closer. “Charlie, are you alright?”

Charlie nervously swallowed. “Yeah, yeah I'm good. Just a bit nervous.” His nerves made his voice crackle.

“Do I make you nervous?” Brad went to move away.

“Don't. Don't move, please. Yes...erm, no...erm no you don't make me nervous. It's, it's just been a long time since... well you know” Charlie was fumbling for his words. How could he explain, what he felt, what he needed to explain was that it wasn't Brad that made him nervous, it was his lack of experience and that it had been a long time since he had met or been with anyone.

Brad nodded and took hold of Charlie's hand and felt him jolt. His own nerves showed as he spoke. “I can't say that I know for certain, but I think I know what you mean. It's been nearly two years since I've been with anyone, and that was a short and not very good relationship. I'm not this forward really, it's you, Charlie, you do something to me inside that I can't explain. Oh God, I'm so nervous I could do with a cigarette, but I've not seen you smoke and I won't light up in Harry's house, I don't want to upset you or, oh God, I'm rambling aren't I?”

Charlie giggled which caused Brad to giggle too which seemed to break the ice between them. “Yes, yes you are a bit, but that's okay. I know what you mean though, I could do with a cigarette to calm my nerves too, it's been months since I had one. Do, do, you have any?”

Brad reached into his pocket and pulled out a pack of cigarettes and a disposable lighter and held them up.

“Come on, I don't think Gramps will mind if we smoke outside.” Charlie stood and taking Brad by the hand, pulled him up to follow him to the back garden.

Shivering outside in the cold Brad took out a cigarette, lit it and passed it to Charlie. He then lit another for himself, taking a puff on the cigarette and inhaling he felt his nerves calm. He watched as Charlie took a puff on his cigarette which made him cough and splutter. When the coughing passed Charlie took another puff and inhaled, at first he felt dizzy from the nicotine rush, then he too felt his nerves calm.

Charlie took a couple more puffs on his cigarette, screwed his face up, put out the cigarette and threw the stub in the bin. “Well, that calmed my nerves a bit, but I don't like it anymore. I think I'm a non-smoker now.”

Following Charlie's lead, Brad put his cigarette out and put the stub in the bin. “Charlie Baxter, if you can stop smoking, then I can too.” They looked into each other's eyes and smiled before re-entering the house through the kitchen.

Charlie stopped to lock the door by turning the key in the lock and then sliding the bolts across, first the top, then the bottom. When Charlie stood and turned from sliding the bottom bolt, he was face to face with Brad in the dimly lit kitchen.

“I hope I'm not going too fast, Charlie.” With a hand behind Charlie's head, Brad pulled Charlie into a lip-locking kiss.

At first, they were both stiff and unbending, it didn't take Brad long before he pulled a more relaxed Charlie in closer. As their bodies met, their nerves disappeared and their arms lowered placing their hands on each other's back. With only clothing separating their bodies they could feel each other's arousal as they both hardened causing their jeans to tighten.

“No, definitely not too fast.” Charlie held on to Brad. “Let's go into the living room, we'll be more comfortable in there.” An emboldened Charlie led Brad to the sofa.

Brad and Charlie spent most of the next two hours chatting and snogging. As aroused as they were, they didn't go any further, neither of them wanted to rush anything or spoil the moment. After a final kiss in the hallway, they parted company for the night. It was approaching eleven pm when Brad finally drove home,

 

Stacy and Michael received a warm welcome from Jeff when they arrived at The Boot. “Evening, Stacy. How are you? I'm guessing this young man is Michael?”

“Hi, Jeff. Yes, this is Michael. As you can see, he has brought his guitar and equipment with him, as Andy asked. Is Andy here yet?” Stacy replied.

“Andy is in the kitchen. If you're quick, you will catch him making a coffee.” Jeff urged Stacy. He turned his attention to Michael. “Good evening, Michael. Why don't you come with me and we can put those things in the office.

“Good evening, and thank you.” Michael followed Jeff to the office to put his guitar and amp somewhere safe and to wait for Andy and Stacy.

A few minutes later Andy and Stacy, carrying hot drinks, joined Jeff and Michael in the office. Following introductions, all four happily conversed about The Boot, its history, and where The Old Shoe Factory fit in. Soon the conversation became more lively as it turned to The Boot's Christmas show and the possibility of doing a repeat.

Michael set up his guitar and amp at Andy's request in the large multi-purpose room on the ground floor. Being nervous and knowing that some guests had arrived and were sitting in the lounge, Michael decided to play the same set that he had played when Harry gave him the guitar, the difference being that this time, he sang as he played.

Michael started to play The Sound Of Silence, but after a few bars, he was not happy with his performance and restarted. Andy, Jeff and Stacy were all impressed, but Michael still wasn't happy, he had missed a chord change part way through. Nobody noticed, but Michael had, and that mattered to him. He almost fluffed the transition into Bridge Over Troubled Water but continued. Keeping his eyes closed, he played and sang. Michael had not noticed a small audience gathering at the back of the room. Happier with his transition to Yesterday Once More, he played and continued to sing, giving a performance he felt better about. As the sound of the last chord faded, Michael's eyes flew open on hearing applause and whistles from guests led by Adele and Sue, two young volunteers, who had gathered by the door.

Jeff's smiling gaze went from Michael to the back of the room and back to Michael before he spoke. “I think you have just gained some fans.”

“I don't see how. I messed up.” Michael's disappointed, lop-sided smile spoke volumes about how he felt about his performance.

Stacy shook his head. “We need to work on your self-confidence, young man.”

“But I...”

Andy held up his hand to silence Michael. “So you stumbled a bit at the start and between two songs. Even professionals do that! You did great, and I'm not the only one who thinks that.”

“Well, I'm going to make an executive decision. Let's do it. I'll find a way to talk the management committee around.” Jeff clapped his hands, confident this was the right thing to do. “Who's going to be the show director?” Jeff asked, looking at Stacy expectantly.

“I guess that's me again. I'm sure I can rope in an assistant or two.” Stacy cast his own expectant look at Michael who gave two thumbs up. Michael was happy to take on the responsibility of assisting Stacy.

For the rest of Stacy's half shift, Michael helped Stacy, Adele and Sue in the kitchen, serving hot food to the guests. Michael was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food on offer to the guests. The choices offered were chicken stew, lasagne or veggie burgers and fries, followed by fresh fruits. Lasagne was the most popular, followed by the chicken stew. After the guests were served, the staff and volunteers joined them and sat down to eat veggie burgers and fries.

Michael spent some of his time speaking with guests before they went to bed, sharing his story with them as they shared theirs with him. He soon discovered that the reasons for them being homeless were as varied as their ages. There were men and women from their teens to their sixties. All who he spoke to had a story to tell.

After the guests had gone to bed, Michael spent time with Stacy, getting to know Adele and Sue while cleaning up the kitchen together. The conversation became more lively when Michael discovered the girls were students studying performing arts. The girls tried to encourage Michael to enrol for the late intake in January and showed a lot of interest in The Boot's Christmas show production.

When Andy reminded the girls of the time so they could get the late-night bus to Fallowfield, Stacy offered to drop them off as he would be driving through the area on the way home. During the short journey to Fallowfield, the chatter soon turned to the upcoming weekend when Sue asked if they were going to the fireworks display and fair in Platt Fields Park on Saturday night.

“Ooh, I forgot about that! I promised the boys that I'd take them.” Stacy was surprised that he had forgotten. “I'm surprised they haven't reminded me.”

“Who are the boys?” Adele asked. “You mentioned them last night but didn't say who they are.”

“Oh, there's Jason, that's my son, Danny, his boyfriend and Liam, Danny’s younger brother. Of course, Max will be with me. He may be my man, but he’s just another boy when he watches fireworks!” Stacy turned his attention to Michael. “You and Charlie must come. Maybe we can invite Brad too, we will all have a blast.”

“I dunno, I'm supposed to be looking after Harry.” Michael wanted to go but felt he should put Harry first. Aside from that, he had no money to go.

“I'm sure we can work something out, and Harry will likely prefer to be at home to look after Missy. “ Stacy assured him.

“Please, Michael, we can introduce you to some of our friends too, and it will do you good to get out and have some fun.” Sue was almost pleading.

“I'll think about it.” That was the best anyone could get out of Michael.

Except when Stacy dropped off the girls and exchanged phone numbers, Michael remained quiet for the rest of the journey home. Stacy helped Michael into Harry's house with the guitar and amp, then continued home. When Michael opened the front door, he heard a gentle 'yip' from Missy, and then she softly padded downstairs to welcome Michael home before going back upstairs to lay next to Harry's bed. A few minutes later, Michael was asleep in bed.

 

Less than fifteen minutes later, Stacy sat in a comfy chair, a glass of wine in hand, trying to relax with many thoughts in his mind like they were on a merry-go-round. Although he knew he could count on the support of Michael, Jason and Danny, he had people to contact and a show to plan and rehearse. He urgently needed to speak to Max and the boys about their weekend plans, and somehow, he needed to speak to Brad about Charlie's upcoming birthday. Stacy rinsed his wine glass in the kitchen sink and went to bed. As he curled up into the warmth of his man, he felt the grip of a strong arm pull him close and a kiss on his head. The last thing he remembered was hearing the magic words, “I love you.” Then sleep overcame him.

Everything is looking up for Michael, he has a job interview and it looks like he has gained a few fans already. Maybe we do have a budding relationship between Brad and Charlie, what do you think?
I hope you are continuing to enjoy What Happened To The Baxter Boys. Please leave a reaction or preferably a comment to let me know what you think. I promise that all comments will be read, acknowledged and replied to.
Chapter 11 will follow on Friday.
Thank you to @raven1 for all of your hard work editing and beta reading helping and supporting me in the writing of this story.
Copyright © 2023 Mancunian; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
  • Love 30
  • Fingers Crossed 1
I hope that all readers will enjoy this story and will leave reactions and comments to let me know what they think of the story along with any other comments they wish to make.
This story would not have been possible without the invaluable help and support of @raven1 who has worked hard as the editor and beta reader and deserves a lot of the credit for the end result. 
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

Welcome to The Boot World discussion forum. This includes all of the stories from The Boot Series and the Lost Soul Series. The Boot was the first story posted in this collection of stories, it was originally intended as a one-off story. Like many one-off stories, it grew and The Boot Three Years On was written as a follow-up. Some readers asked about the back story of some of the characters, which led to the Lost Soul Series. Together they form The Boot World. Both Series have grown and in
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



1 hour ago, JohnnyC said:

Can I ask if this or another version of this story was posted elsewhere previously , I have this case of deja vu as I read the chapters posted lol 🤔

Hey @JohnnyC!  You gave me a scare for a minute, but I see you and @Mancunian cleared things up.    

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
5 hours ago, Ajbt2001 said:

Things are definitely looking up for Charlie and Michael. 

Looking up, and on the way up. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it remains that way. 🤞

  • Love 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..