Jump to content
    Mancunian
  • Author
  • 5,162 Words
  • 2,526 Views
  • 42 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Charlie and Michael Baxter lost their father at a young age. They have been brought up by a hard-working mother who loved and treasured her boys. Unfortunately, she passed away before they finished college and through no fault of their own, they found themselves homeless. This is their story.

What Happened To The Baxter Boys - 3. Chapter 3

While Charlie has been settling in at The Robins' house, Michael is being looked after in the hospital. So, let's start this chapter by catching up with life in the hospital.

Michael was exhausted. He had not been feeling well for a few days as his condition had deteriorated. When he felt someone shaking his shoulders, he became annoyed. "Charlie, please let me sleep," Michael pleaded. Half asleep, he rolled over.

“I'm sorry to wake you up, Michael, but I need to take your vitals.”

Michael felt dizzy and disoriented as he quickly tried to sit up. The feeling of something snaking across his face had him trying to swipe it away. He grimaced in discomfort as something hard caught the side of his face, and he felt a sharp pain in the back of his hand.

“Careful, we don't want you hurting yourself or falling out of bed.”

Hearing the soft voice again woke Michael fully as he realised the voice was not Charlie’s. Looking around, he remembered he was in the hospital. What he had felt were the oxygen tube under his nose and the IV drip on the back of his hand which had got caught as he swiped the tube. His hand still felt the sting.

When Michael turned, he felt his stomach flutter with butterflies. His heart skipped a beat for a moment, his sight blurred then refocused. In front of him stood a figure of beauty.

"Hello Michael, I am Nurse Donna. I will be your designated nurse for tonight. Would it be alright if I checked your vitals and recorded them?" Donna flashed a warm smile at Michael as he extended his arm for the blood pressure cuff.

"Sure, that's fine," he responded, fascinated by her charming smile.

As Donna checked his vitals, Michael couldn't help but feel his heart skip a beat every time she smiled. He was completely enamoured with her natural beauty and graceful movements. A little under five foot six, with dark hair tied in a bun under her hat, chocolate brown eyes that sparkled as she smiled, a slim, shapely figure and caramel-coloured skin that told of her mixed heritage. Michael found himself lost in her charm, and captivated by her beauty.

Donna finished her checks and hung the clipboard with notes and charts on the end of the bed. “There we are, all done. I'm guessing that due to the time you were admitted you missed out on tea, didn't you?”

“Yeah, I s'pose I'll have to wait till morning now.” That's when Michael's stomach embarrassed him by rumbling.

“From what the other patients have told me, you didn't miss much. That loud, rumbling stomach tells me that you are hungry,” she said. “I can't promise anything, but I'll have a word with the Ward Sister and see what I can do for you.”

As Nurse Donna walked away, Michael's eyes were glued to her firm pert rump. However, being very shy, Michael would look but never do or say anything. He would be much too embarrassed.

A few minutes later, another nurse wearing a dark blue uniform came to Michael's bed. He guessed she was in her forties, possibly fifties, as she read the notes hanging on the end of his bed before approaching him. When she pulled a chair closer to sit, he read her name badge, Sister Judy Evans. Michael gulped guiltily thinking, I'm in trouble. After all, the Ward Sister was the boss.

“Now, young man, I think we need to have a little chat.”

Nervously, Michael gulped again and nodded.

Judy spoke quietly but seriously. “You probably didn’t notice me, but I saw how you looked at Nurse Donna,” she said making Michael extremely nervous as as Sister Judy maintained penetrating eye contact with him. “Please treat her with respect. You are a good-looking young man. I do not doubt that you feel an attraction, but Donna is your Nurse and cannot involve herself personally with any patient. She is also engaged to be married and her fiancée would not be happy.” She emphasized the word ‘not’.

Fear and embarrassment got the better of Michael. He was visibly shaking as tears ran down his face. He didn’t know it, but Judy was making sure her patient was saved from even greater embarrassment in the future.

Seeing Michael's reaction, Judy felt guilty. Considering her normal professional behaviour, it was unusual for her when she sat beside him on the bed and hugged him close. “I'm sorry Michael. I did not mean to upset you. I just do not want to see you get attached only to be disappointed.”

“It's okay.”

“No, it is not. Our job is to help you get better, not feel worse.” As Judy held Michael, she could feel that Michael had lost a lot of weight. “Michael, when was the last time you ate?”

“Dunno, sometime yesterday, I think.” As comforting as the hug was, Michael still felt embarrassed.

“Well, that is not good enough. Give me five minutes, and I will soon put that right.” Judy got up and marched off to the ward kitchen. On the way, she spoke to Donna and asked her to sit with Michael.

While waiting for the microwave to do its job, Judy set up a tray with a spoon, bowl and side plate containing two bread rolls she had baked that morning. As the microwave dinged, she felt a pair of arms wrap around her.

“Mmmm, that smells nice, but isn't it a bit early for supper?” She recognised the voice of her son, Dr. Gary Evans.

“Trust you to smell food. Yes, it is early, but it is not for me….and before you ask, it is not for you either. It is for one of my patients.” Judy removed the jug of soup and poured it into the waiting bowl.

“Would it happen to be Michael Baxter by any chance?” Gary asked.

“Yes, the poor dear. He's not just ill, he is underweight and undernourished. Where are his parents?” The look on Gary's face told Judy she would not like her son’s answer.

“He has no parents. They're dead, but he has an older brother. From what I can tell, they have been living rough for a while now.”

Judy's face paled. “Oh, then we need to help them! Have you called Christian?” Christian was Gary's best friend, and Judy had taken Christian under her wing when his parents passed away.

“No. There's no need. Max and Stacy were in earlier with them. Charlie, his brother, is staying at their house. I think that's what they have planned for Michael too. If it doesn't pan out, then I will call Christian.”

“I don't know who Max and Stacy are, but if they are friends of you and Christian they must be good people.”

“They are, and their son is a good lad too.”

“Good! If Stacy needs anything, you know help or anything, tell her she can come to me.”

Gary chuckled as he spoke. “I will Mom, but before you say any more, I should tell you Max and Stacy are two guys. They are a gay couple, and Stacy's cooking is as good as yours...well, almost,” he quickly corrected.

“I don't care, and you know that! What I said still stands. Oh, good save by the way...about my cooking.” Judy and Gary were laughing as they walked through the ward to Michael.

As Doctor Evans and Judy approached Michael's bed, Nurse Donna went to tend to the other patients. Judy put the tray of soup and bread on Michael’s table.

“Hi Michael, this the first opportunity I've had to come and check on you since I saw you in the Accident & Emergency Department. How are you feeling now?” Gary was compassionate and comforting towards his patients. His bedside manner was second to none.

“I still feel a bit weak and tired, but better than earlier, thanks.”

“Good! Now let me have a quick read of your notes, and then I'll get to work examining you. I do not want that soup getting cold.”

Gary was true to his word making quick work of his examination, paying close attention when listening to Michael's chest with his stethoscope. While writing up his notes, he gave his verdict.

“You are not out of the woods yet, but there are some slight signs of improvement. Your blood pressure and temperature have improved. I want bloods to be taken first thing in the morning. The results will determine what our next steps will be. Now, I can see that you are still tired, so I suggest you get your medicine down and then get some rest. If you feel up to it, you can get out of bed in the morning, but you are to go no further than the chair until I tell you. Have you any questions you would like to ask?”

“Yeah, what medicine do I have to take?”

“This.” Gary wheeled the table with a bowl of steaming soup to Michael. “My mom’s homemade pea and ham soup is the best medicine you can get. Freshly baked rolls too. You are getting the royal treatment. The antibiotics in the drip will help, but the soup is the best and tastiest medicine ever.”

Michael leaned over the bowl and inhaled, his stomach rumbled and his mouth watered. “But, isn't this...” Michael hesitated and looked worried. Was the delicious-smelling food meant for someone else?

Gary understood what was on Michael's mind.

“No, trust me. When my mom makes soup and bread rolls, she can feed an army. Now eat up and enjoy it. Oh, I have made a note that you are to receive a high-protein diet. You need building up. I'll see you in the morning. Good night.” Gary left the ward smiling.

Michael watched Gary leave and then tasted the soup. From the first spoonful, Michael was transported back in time.

Home wasn't anything special, a two up two down terrace where he shared a bedroom with his older brother Charlie. Their home was typical for Burnley, an old Lancashire mill town. The carpets and furnishings were old and worn, but like everything in their home were clean and comfortable. In winter, the house was always warm, and the aroma of food cooking slowly was an ever-present feature. His Mum was renowned for her cooking. The ingredients may have been cheap and simple, but she had a way of making tasty, filling meals. There was always enough to feed an extra mouth or two when they brought friends home.

Michael finished the last of the soup and fresh bread rolls. He wished there was more as it brought back good memories of a mostly happy childhood. However, he knew that he could not eat a bit more. His stomach was full, and he felt sleepy. As he snuggled in his hospital bed to sleep, his daydreams became pleasant dreams as he slept.

Through the night Donna came to check Michael's blood pressure and temperature. Each time he slept through the checks as Donna went about her duties.

The morning had arrived and Michael felt his shoulder being gently shaken. “Good morning Michael, I think I've remembered right. It is tea with milk but no sugar for you, isn't it?”

Michael opened his eyes refreshed and feeling better than the day before. “Erm...yes that's right, thank you.” Donna placed a mug of tea on his bedside table. Michael took a sip of the drink, quickly followed by a second. “Mmm, just what I needed. But I need the toilet before I drink anymore.”

“You're not allowed out of bed until after breakfast, so use that for now.” Michael felt embarrassed when Donna pointed to a grey, non-descript, urine bottle on the chair next to the bed. “I'll pull the curtains around to allow you some privacy. I’ll be back to check on you in a few minutes.”

Ten minutes later, Donna returned and stood outside of the closed curtains. “Michael, is it okay if I come in?”

“Yes, it's okay.” Michael had done what he needed to do. The almost full urine bottle was on the table as far from his mug of tea as possible.

Donna opened the curtains and then pushed a trolly over to his bed. “Breakfast will be here soon, but first I need to take some blood samples. If you remember, Dr Evans asked for them to be taken first thing this morning. He will see you later on his rounds. If the results are back in time, he will decide how to continue your treatment. Let's hope they come back good for you.”

Donna checked his vitals, then prepared the syringes and Michael's arm. “Small scratch.” In no time she had the syringes filled, labelled and ready for the lab. Donna moved the urine bottle to the counter and left with the trolly and its contents.

A constant parade of orderlies followed after Donna left. An orderly quickly came around, cleaning bedside tables and counters with an anti-bacterial cleaner after removing the urine bottle and replacing it with a new bottle. Two more orderlies followed, one with a heated trolly containing hot food for breakfast, the other with a trolly containing cold breakfast items. As the ladies approached to check Michael's notes, Sister Judy arrived at his bedside.

“Good morning Michael! Dr. Evans wants you on a high-protein diet. Let me see what there is. Is there anything you do not like?” Sister Judy smiled at him as she checked the trollies.

Michael shook his head, “No.”

“Okay, do you trust me?” Sister Judy continued smiling and winked at him while putting together his breakfast tray.

“Err, yeah, I guess so.”

“Good. Now I want you to eat as much as you can. I will be back in a while to check on you.” With that said, she placed the tray in front of him.

Michael was about to protest at the amount of food in front of him, but Sister Judy had gone. Feeling as if he had been told off by his Mum, Michael set about eating breakfast.

After breakfast, Michael met the day shift team. They were busier than the night staff but did not appear as friendly. With nothing else to do, Michael listened to the hospital radio using the headphones left by his bed. Soon his eyelids felt heavy, and he drifted off to sleep.

Twice Michael was woken by nurses who checked his vitals. After each check, he dozed off. The third time he woke up, he was surprised to see his bed surrounded by Dr Gary Evans and a group of young men and women.

“Good Morning Michael. I'm sorry to disturb your nap. I'm here to examine and check on you. Your blood test results are back from the lab. We will talk about them later. Now this bunch of miscreants,” Gary gestured to the surrounding group as they quietly laughed, “are students who have a crazy dream of becoming doctors, though heaven knows why. Are you okay with them being present and allowing one or two of them to examine you?”

Michael nodded. “Yeah, it's okay.”

“Thank you. Would undo your gown so I can examine you first, then I'll decide which of these rabble-rousers should give you a follow-up examination.”

Gary checked Michael's charts and then checked his temperature, pulse and blood pressure. He then used his stethoscope to listen to Michael's chest from the front and the back, asking Michael to take deep breaths and hold it to enable him to listen clearly. After making a few guttural sounds while writing out his notes he stepped back.

Checking his watch, Gary spoke. “Ladies and gentlemen, time is getting the better of us, so I will ask one of you to examine the patient and inform us of your findings. Mr Phillips, would you examine the patient, please.”

A young medical student stepped forward and picked up Michael's notes. After reading them, he followed the same procedure as Gary. Before using his stethoscope, he rubbed it on his white coat. After the examination, he stepped back from the bed.

“Mr Phillips, what are your findings, and what would you recommend?”

“Well, sir...erm...Doctor. According to the case notes, the patient was admitted yesterday afternoon and after being diagnosed with pneumonia was taken to the ward. Although I have not seen his X-ray results, my examination tells me the diagnosis is correct. Reading his notes from yesterday and comparing them to my findings today, I believe that the correctly prescribed antibiotics and oxygen are doing their job showing a marked improvement. Under normal circumstances, I would suggest clinical discharge with antibiotics and a recommendation to refrain from work or strenuous exercise for at least a week. However, this patient is underweight, slightly malnourished, and his blood oxygen results are not quite as good as I would like them to be. Given that, I suggest another one or two nights under observation with a reduced antibiotic dosage and reduced oxygen support which would be beneficial to a full and speedy recovery. Then following my earlier recommendations post-discharge.” Nervously the young man stepped further back thinking he may have gone too far.

“Thank you, Mr Phillips, for your full and comprehensive observations. I have to say, we may just make a doctor of you yet! By the way, I liked your thought for the patient's comfort. Warming up your stethoscope before use is to be commended. All of you take note, a good bedside manner and thought for your patient is as important as giving the correct treatment.”

Gary then turned to Michael. “I agree with Mr Phillips. I would like you to stay in the hospital for at least one more night. Depending on how well you respond to further treatment, we will discharge you tomorrow or the day after. For now, we can reduce your antibiotics and oxygen intake. Tomorrow, we should be able to take you off the oxygen and remove the drip. Do you have any questions?”

“No Doctor, but thank you for looking after me.”

“That is what I am here for, now try to get some more rest. It will do you good. I'll try to stop by and check on you later before I go home.” Gary gave instructions to the nurses and left to continue his rounds with the students.

Michael felt a little happier knowing that his health was improving, and relieved knowing for the next one or two nights he would be in a comfortable bed and well-fed. His thoughts drifted to wondering where Charlie was. Was he alright? How is he managing, and more importantly, when is Charlie coming to see him? He decided not to think about what they would do when he was discharged. They could work that out when the time came. Lost in thought, he didn’t notice the approaching nurse until she spoke.

“Michael, I have just had a call from your brother Charlie. He asked me to let you know he will be here this afternoon to see you. He's bringing you some toiletries, fresh pyjamas and clean clothes ready for your discharge. That's tomorrow or the next day isn't it?”

“Yes. Thank you.” Michael could not help thinking. How did Charlie sort that out?

“Now, even though the doctor has examined you, I still need to do my checks. Can you confirm your name and date of birth for me?”

Michael did as she requested and then allowed her to perform her checks and note the results on his charts. His nurse then adjusted the flow to his oxygen and antibiotic drip.

“All done for now. One of us will check on you regularly for the rest of your stay. I'll be back in a few hours to take more bloods. The doctor wants to monitor your blood gases.” The nurse placed a piece of paper and a pen on his bedside table explaining. “This is the menu for tonight's meal and tomorrow. If you make your choices, the orderlies will pick this up when they bring you lunch which will be in about thirty minutes. Remember, the doctor has put you on a high-protein diet, so take advantage and mark some of the extra choices. Okay?” The Nurse smiled before leaving.

Michael made his choices from the menu, hoping it would taste as good as it sounded. The orderlies collected his menu when they brought his lunch. The food was not very appetising with tough tasteless sausages, warm limp chips and cheap-tasting beans. He didn't mind the taste of the beans as he was used to the cheap supermarket beans that his Mum used to buy. The best part of lunch was the apple given as a dessert. After lunch, Michael was bored and drifted off to sleep again.


 

Loaded with bags, Charlie, Danny and Jason waved off the taxi after paying the driver. Walking up the driveway, Danny started gently ribbing Charlie about Brad.

“Hey you, leave my big bro alone. Stop picking on him!” Jason said loudly as he tried to nudge Danny and nearly dropped one of the bags.

Halfway up the drive, they heard Stacy, who was standing in the doorway. “I don't suppose you three could be a bit louder, could you? I don't think they quite heard you in London.” Stacy's smile gave away that he was joking with them.

“Sorry, Pop, I'll try to be louder the next time.” Jason laughed. He loved bantering with his Pop.

“It looks like Aunt May and Brad have looked after you well Charlie. Now the three of you get in quickly. It's cold out here. I'll have lunch ready in ten minutes, then we can check what you have. If anything needs washing, we can get it done.” Stacy returned to the kitchen where he had a pot of homemade soup cooking.

Danny stood in the hallway, eyes closed, breathing through his nose. “Mmm, something smells really good.”

“Is that all you think about?” Jason asked with an evil smirk. “On second thought do not answer that question. We're in polite company, and I don’t want to be embarrassed.”

The resulting laughter was interrupted by Max coming in through the front door. “Okay, what's going on? Is someone going to let me in on the joke?”

“Hi, Dad. It's Danny. First, he starts picking on Charlie, and now he wants to eat us out of house and home! Do you think I should trade him in for a better-behaved boyfriend?” Jason ran to his bedroom as Danny lunged at him with a mock scowl on his face.

“Come on Charlie, let's see what Stacy has made us for lunch. Let the children play. They will be down in a bit.”

Stacy was grilling toasted cheese and red onion sandwiches served with homemade tomato and basil soup.

Danny and Jason entered the kitchen with slightly flushed faces as Stacy placed a large plateful of the toasted sandwiches in the middle of the table.

“Kissed and made up, have we?” Stacy asked as the rascals returned.

Danny's face flushed as Jason replied. “Of course, what do you expect?”

“Are you sure you want me to tell you what I expected in ‘polite’ company?” Stacy had his own evil smile in place as everyone sat down at the table.

A temporary silence descended as everyone tucked into the hot food.

When he finished eating, full and satisfied, Charlie pushed his empty soup bowl away. “Thank you, Stacy, that was delicious. I don't know how you do it, but your food tastes as good as if my Mum had cooked it.”

“Thank you for the lovely compliment, Charlie. I suspect we both use the same secret ingredient.” Stacy stood to clear the table and tapped the side of his nose, indicating that the secret ingredient would remain a secret.

“I know what the secret ingredient is,” Jason said as Charlie looked at him questioningly. “It's love, Charlie. That's what Pop tells me every time I ask.”

Stacy bent over and kissed Jason on the top of his head. “Thank you, Jason. I knew we kept you around for a good reason. Your Dad and I love you too. Now, no more giving my secrets away, or people will stop enjoying my cooking.”

“Never,” Charlie whispered with a tell-tale tear in the corner of each eye.

With the table cleared, Jason and Danny loaded the dishwasher. Stacy eyed the bags of Charlie’s and Michael’s clothes still in the hallway. “Okay, show me what you got, and we’ll check for what needs to go in the washer.”

The next half hour passed quickly. Charlie showed off the clothes Brad helped him pick out. As all clothes were washed and ironed before Brad put them on sale, nothing needed any attention.

“Charlie, times getting on. We need to be making a move to see Michael. Why not put everything in your room for now and put them away later? I'll help if you want me to. If I get my spare backpack, we can pack a few things so you can take Michael what he needs. Maybe you can even wear some of the clothes Brad took ‘special care’ in helping you choose,” Jason said with a raised eyebrow and a cheeky grin.

“Do we want to know?” asked Max.

Charlie's quiet voice sounded a bit awkward. “Brad...he kissed me.”

Seeing shocked looks on Max and Stacy’s faces, Charlie quickly gathered up some of his clothes and dashed upstairs feeling embarrassed.

“Well, that is a shock. I have never known Brad to be so bold.” Gesturing to the remaining clothes, Stacy spoke to Danny and Jason. “Well, help the lad and take the rest of this stuff to his room...and a word of warning, no teasing him. Do you hear me?” Stacy’s voice was stern but not angry.

“Yes, Pop.” Jason and Danny chorused as they did as they were asked.

Charlie was choosing what to pack for Michael, and what to change into when Jason knocked on the door and entered. “Here's the backpack.” Jason placed it on the bed. “I'm sorry I embarrassed you. I didn't mean any harm. But I think it is cute, you and Brad, that is. Do you like him?”

Charlie lowered his head, facing the floor. “Yes. But I don't know if I should, I have to look after Michael.”

Jason turned Charlie, raising his head with a finger under Charlie's chin, and looked into his eyes. “You are not on your own anymore. You have us now. We will look after Michael, all of us. I am sure Brad likes you, and if you like him, I say, go for it bro, go for it.” With that, Jason hugged Charlie and kissed him on his cheek before returning to the kitchen.

Stacy noticed Jason looking sullen as he sat at the kitchen table. “Jason, what's wrong hun?”

“It's Charlie. He thinks he's on his own and has to look after Michael by himself. But he isn't. What can I do to make him see that?”

“Just do what you are doing. Be yourself, be his friend and be there when he needs you...and do the same for Michael too. We will all help. Just be patient. Promise me you won't do anything stupid and do not say anything to Michael. Understand?”

“Okay.”

“Now, cheer up! Charlie needs happy people around him. That’s one of the best ways you can help both Charlie and Michael.”

Upstairs Charlie packed the backpack for Michael and picked an outfit to change into. Stripping his clothes, he looked at himself in the mirror. He knew he had lost weight. Now he could see it. The briefs that looked good on him when they were new, now looked loose and shabby. Picking up a pack of boxer-briefs, he took out the red ones and slipped them on. They felt like they caressed him as he slid them up his legs. They fit him snugly, supporting where it mattered and enhancing the bulge in the front where he filled them. Checking himself out in the mirror, he liked the look. As he imagined Brad looking on approvingly, he felt himself swell and saw the bulge grow. It felt like he was being held, by an invisible hand.

The knock on the door abruptly brought him back to his senses. “Just a minute!”

Quickly, Charlie finished dressing, pulling on white sports socks, Crosshatch jeans and a red polo shirt with a small Manchester United emblem on the front near his heart and a large emblem on the back. White Henley trainers completed the outfit. He checked himself in the mirror. Happy with how he looked, he went to open his bedroom door.

“Wow, just...Wow! Grab your Harrington, it will go perfect. Pop is dropping us off at the hospital before he goes shopping. We can get a taxi home later.” Jason was stunned at the difference in Charlie's appearance.

Grabbing the backpack, Charlie followed Jason downstairs.

Danny did a double-take. “Hey, Jason, who is your hot new friend? Where’s Charlie?”

“Close your mouth or you'll catch flies. I don't think your boyfriend will be impressed if you start hitting on me. I don't look that much different.” Charlie giggled.

“You're kidding, right? You look...well, you look!” Danny struggled to find his words.

“Handsome. I think the word you are looking for is handsome Danny boy, and you do look handsome Charlie. Don’t go thinking any different.” Stacy insisted. “Okay, in the car with you. Max has had to go out and I want to get the shopping done. Charlie, you take the front passenger seat. The children can sit in the back. I have put the child locks on.”

Childishly, Stacy stuck his tongue out at Jason and Danny before leaving the house and pressing the remote to unlock the car. “Jason, lock up the house.” With everyone comfortably in the car, Stacy set off for the hospital.

“Phew, I'm glad we're in Dad's car. It would be a squeeze in yours Pop.”

“What car have you got, Stacy?” Charlie enquired.

“My car is a two-litre Ford Capri Laser. It is a nice car, but a bit of a squeeze in the back for the two monkeys.”

For the rest of the journey, Charlie and Stacy chatted about cars, classic cars to be precise, and the pros and cons of owning one.

When they arrived at the hospital, Stacy gave Charlie another bag with instructions to give it to Michael. It contained a food flask full of tomato and basil soup and an insulated box with a cheese and onion toasted sandwich inside.

“Have a good afternoon boys. I hope the sandwich is still warm. Tell Michael I'll see him tonight. I'll bring him what's left of the stew.”

Charlie, Danny and Jason waved goodbye to Stacy before entering the hospital to visit Michael.

Thankfully Michael's health is improving, and it looks as though Charlie is settling in well at The Robins' house. The question is, will Michael be able to too?

I hope you continue to enjoy What Happened To The Baxter Boys. Please leave a reaction or preferably a comment to let me know what you think, I promise that all comments will be read, acknowledged and replied to.

Chapter 3 will follow very soon, with further chapters posted more frequently.

Thank you to @raven1 for all of your hard work editing and beta reading helping and supporting me in the writing of this story.

Copyright © 2023 Mancunian; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 14
  • Love 32
  • Fingers Crossed 1
I hope that all readers will enjoy this story and will leave reactions and comments to let me know what they think of the story along with any other comments they wish to make.
This story would not have been possible without the invaluable help and support of @raven1 who has worked hard as the editor and beta reader and deserves a lot of the credit for the end result. 
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

Welcome to The Boot World discussion forum. This includes all of the stories from The Boot Series and the Lost Soul Series. The Boot was the first story posted in this collection of stories, it was originally intended as a one-off story. Like many one-off stories, it grew and The Boot Three Years On was written as a follow-up. Some readers asked about the back story of some of the characters, which led to the Lost Soul Series. Together they form The Boot World. Both Series have grown and in
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments




View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..