Jump to content

Phases of Moon

   (10 reviews)
Genres: Paranormal
Sub-genres: Romantic Paranormal

Under the phases of the moon, Jimmy Coutreau is hunting, following the howls that don't belong. A loner by choice, he finds himself fascinated by Sawyer Thomas, a man who doesn't belong in his world, but here he is anyways.

Graphic sex and violence may be present in any chapter. 'Tis my way...
Copyright © 2020 Mann Ramblings; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (26 members)

  • Action Packed 25
  • Addictive/Pacing 22
  • Characters 26
  • Chills 8
  • Cliffhanger 17
  • Compelling 10
  • Feel-Good 6
  • Humor 6
  • Smoldering 17
  • Tearjerker 8
  • Unique 16
  • World Building 11


Sorry, this story has been rated as Mature for Members only.  Please log into your account to read.

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

DJSMITH74

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Bravo!! I find this story truly wonderful. It is well written. I find it hard to believe this is your first werewolf story. Hats off to you. Hope everyone is safe and happy. THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR TALENT WITH US!!!!🥰

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to review
centexhairysub

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

A really delightful story that was well written with excellent pacing.  Interesting characters that developed nicely and grew as the story did.  A few nice twist and turns that kept everyone guessing.  

This story kept to the basic werewolf narrative with a few minor detail changes.  Anyone that enjoys that type of story or this genre will enjoy the story.

  • Like 4
  • Love 2
Link to review
astone2292

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

With this being my first reading of a Mann Ramblings story, I can't express my true love for this adventure. It's an absolute binge-worthy trip, whether the reader is a fan of were-creature stories or not. I'm certain Phases of Moon has soiled any future were-creature reading for me. 

Included in the recommendation given to me for this story was a warning. I was told to refrain from speed-reading, as there are many hidden details. Needless to say, I chucked the instruction. The author has the reader gripped by the collar and refuses to let you down, both physically and emotionally. Every word seems to have been placed with the grace of a true artist.

The cast was flawlessly designed, as was the plot. Nearing the final ten chapters had me gripping my laptop. With the concluding five, my neighbors became concerned with my wild exclamations of either "I knew it!" or "No F%^&ing way!"

As a fan of were-creature stories, this work has cemented itself in my personal favorites. While perfectly pleased with the outcome of the story, one can only hope for more. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to review
84Mags

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

This is an amazing, epic read.  Werewolf genre is hard to write, and this is masterfully done.  There is plenty of suspense, drama, and intrigue as well as a very satisfying love story. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to review
Carlos Hazday

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Mann Ramblings has once again taken a popular fantasy/science fiction theme and put his spin on it. No demons or spaceships this time around; the dreaded werewolf is the subject in Phases of Moon. Mann introduces his own twists to the legends while remaining faithful to the basic concept. If you like gay romance novels, this story could be of interest, it is after all the tale of two men falling in love. However, be forewarned instead of exasperating cuddles and silly talk, we face graphic violence and blood. Twists, turns, and cliffhangers for those of us reading a chapter a week kept me entertained and yearning for the next installment. Highly recommended.

 

  • Like 4
  • Love 3
Link to review
CincyKris

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

One of the best wolf stories I've ever read.  Mann is a master of suspense and tension.  This was exciting and fun to read.

  • Like 5
  • Love 1
Link to review
raven1

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Phases of Moon is a very well written romance, adventure, and has enough hidden secrets and evil to make it a first class mystery.  It is binge worthy, but you might miss some of the cleverly hidden clues.  The characters are multidimensional and engaging. 

Jimmy is a wolf associated with a pack run by Alpha Fergus.  His job in the pack is to kill feral wolves.  He does this very well, but regrets that he has to do this task.  Sawyer is a married human who has been bitten, and it is Jimmy's job to kill him. Instead, Jimmy hides Sawyer which leads to a great many dangerous challenges, betrayals, blackmail, broken promises and revelations that will horrify you and/or astonish you.  There is both love and humor to balance out the darker side of the tale.  An awesome read.

 

  • Like 1
Link to review
sojourn

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

THIS MAY BE MY FAVORITE WEREWOLF TALE!

Caution: If you have preconceived notions about "pack" laws, abilities, and behaviors, this story may set new standards of what is "real". This tale seems to make is all a bit more believable than some tales of this genre. I think most readers who is a fan of "were" fiction will find this story more than satisfying. I was pleased with the complexity of the characters and the plot twists and yes, a couple of predictable scenes. Lucky for me, I found it after it was complete.

Jim

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to review
Dyaus

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Love and wolves with no vampires in the middle... Great combination from my point of view..

Hooked till the very end. I can't still understand the 1K word nightmare we had to suffer every week!! 😉

 

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

  • Like 4
Link to review
wb22860

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

I’m going to miss these characters. Such a great story, as it was very well written. 

  • Like 5
  • Love 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..