Jump to content
Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×
  • Join Gay Authors

    Join us for free and follow your favorite authors and stories.

The Rip

   (7 reviews)

"My grand-father always used to say that everything that happens to us in life happens for a reason. And when we look back on our lives there are some moments that just seem to stick in our minds forever and I can now see what he meant by that."

For Scott Fraser there was one such moment that he remembers well. It was the time when, as a teenager, he saved the life of a young boy who was about to be swept out to sea.

What he couldn't have prepared himself for, however, was what would happen when that same boy comes back into his life some years later . . .

This story contains adult, sexual content and some violence.  Reader discretion advised.
Copyright © 2024 Mark Ponyboy Peters; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (11 members)

  • Action Packed 8
  • Addictive/Pacing 9
  • Characters 11
  • Chills 5
  • Cliffhanger 6
  • Compelling 9
  • Feel-Good 7
  • Humor 5
  • Smoldering 8
  • Tearjerker 9
  • Unique 7
  • World Building 6

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 3,736 Words
    • 2,439 Views
    • 29 Comments
  • 2. Chapter 2
    • 3,941 Words
    • 1,322 Views
    • 20 Comments
  • 3. Chapter 3
    • 4,127 Words
    • 1,113 Views
    • 16 Comments
  • 4. Chapter 4
    • 3,873 Words
    • 1,027 Views
    • 11 Comments
  • 5. Chapter 5
    • 3,789 Words
    • 1,042 Views
    • 10 Comments
  • 6. Chapter 6
    • 3,400 Words
    • 1,239 Views
    • 14 Comments
  • 7. Chapter 7
    • 4,309 Words
    • 1,001 Views
    • 9 Comments
  • 8. Chapter 8
    • 3,522 Words
    • 1,069 Views
    • 11 Comments
  • 9. Chapter 9
    • 3,139 Words
    • 990 Views
    • 14 Comments
  • 10. Chapter 10
    • 3,871 Words
    • 1,141 Views
    • 19 Comments
  • 11. Chapter 11
    • 5,087 Words
    • 1,184 Views
    • 26 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Geron Kees

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Another fine tale from one of my favorite authors. :)

As always, there are well-drawn characters you like or dislike, because that's the way they are meant to be. And places you can visualize, because they are so well depicted that you wish you were there. And an ending you can live with and love, because that's what the author wanted for you, and for his characters.

This is a love story, pure and simple, that takes some years to form and get going, and then comes at you in one sweet rush that is memorable and satisfying.

So, what are you waiting for? :)

 

 

Response from the author:

Thank you kind sir! ❤️❤️❤️

  • Love 4
Link to review
Gary L

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

This is a story which does not disappoint. The construction of the tale is excellent with two main characters who find true freedom from the past as their future together is woven.

Another excellent story coming from the Pacific coast of Australia.  Highly recommended. 
 

Response from the author:

Thank you very much!

  • Love 8
Link to review
Summerabbacat

· Edited by Summerabbacat

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

The most enjoyable part of any story from the pen of @Mark Ponyboy Peters is his gift for character development. Authentically written characters, many of whom one can identify with, if not fully at least in part, once again inhabit the landscape of this story.

The relatively small cast of this latest work in Mark’s “Seachange” series don’t have grandiose ambitions or lavish lifestyles, they are ordinary people who sometimes find themselves in less than ordinary circumstances, as Scott and Justin find themselves in on more than one occasion.

Set against the beautiful backdrop of the Pacific Ocean in eastern Australia, the reader is once again engrossed, entertained and enriched.

Response from the author:

Thank you @Summerabbacat for your very kind words. :)

  • Love 7
Link to review
centexhairysub

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

You save someone's life, what do you owe them afterward, what do they owe you, or do you just go your own way.  These are some of the issues covered in this story.  Well written, and the pacing was well done.  Some of the secondary characters aren't quite as developed as the main ones; and the story ends with some major questions and issues unresolved, but the promise of a part two looms.

This is a story that makes you think about a few hard questions and some hard-won truths.  And anything that can make you think and still be entertaining is worth a few hours of your time.  Sit down and enjoy this Aussie yarn, while we all wait for part two.  

Response from the author:

Thank you @centexhairysub. Your comments are greatly appreciated. These characters will appear again in other stories in this series, so some of the gaps may be filled in then :)

In the meantime, I'm toying with the idea of an epilogue chapter to fill in the immediate blanks.

  • Like 2
  • Love 6
Link to review
Paladin

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

As a high school student you save a boy from drowning. How do you feel when a few years later he returns having tried to kill himself. Do you have to save him all over again? Read this very Aussie story to find out what Scott does.

Response from the author:

Thank you very much @Paladin :) 

  • Love 8
Link to review
chris191070

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

This is the story of Scott, who as a teen-ager rescued Justin from being swept out to sea.

Fast forward a few years and Scott and Justin meet again.

You need to read this amazing story, to discover what happens when they meet again.

Response from the author:

Thank you @chris191070 :) 

  • Love 8
Link to review
quokka

· Edited by quokka

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

Great story mate.

Good to read some more Aussie stories…

Hope all is good in your neck of the woods.

Q

Response from the author:

@quokka thank you very much for your review.

And I'm looking forward to getting stuck into your Aussie stories as well! :) 

  • Love 8
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..