Jump to content
    R. Eric
  • Author
  • 2,098 Words
  • 4,318 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

North Meets South, Worlds Collide - 22. Chapter 22

As time was getting close, there were things that needed to be done. Like me making sure I had everything I needed to be married in proper Scottish attire. Tony looked at the things on the bed.

“Okay, you’re wearing all this.”

I chuckled. “I am. I’m descended from Highlanders, I have to.”

Tony nodded. “And all this is….” He looked. “What?”

I held my dress sporran. It was an ornate leather pouch. “Do you see any pockets?” I asked. “This is basically a purse. Essentially, we invented the beginnings of the fanny pack.” I grinned at his nod. “Worn around the waist over my tartan. There’s the kilt pin.” I held the pin I would wear on the kilt. “There are many reasons circulating, but…” I shrugged. “It’s a part of Highland dress. But they keep the apron and the kilt together.” I then moved to the knife. “This is the black knife. Or Sgian Dubh, which is the proper name. It’s originally for self-defense and worn in my sock.” I grinned. “But I won’t be defending myself from you. But there are others I might need to as pissed of some of my family is about this…” I shrugged.

“But there’s a design on it.”

I nodded. “That’s the McKenzie family crest. I could have it encrusted in jewels, it is more ornamental, but we’ve got more to spend money on.”

“You hired pipers. He’ll be playing as we proceed to the altar.”

I nodded. “Is there nothing you’d prefer played? Maybe something Italian?”

Tony smiled. “At the reception, but not for the wedding. Of course, we have to have La Tarantella.” Then he touched my tartan. “So, what are you wearing under this?” He grinned at me.

I grinned back. “You’ll find out when we change to leave for the honeymoon.”

He looked surprised. “You’re not wearing it on the plane?”

I shook my head. “I wasn’t planning to. Do you want me to?”

He chuckled bringing me into a kiss. “As long as I get you out of it. I’m fine.”

I smiled. “You can get me in it as well.”

He came closer putting his arms around me. “I may have to. You will look very inviting in this. I can just see it.”

I nodded. “Just watch out for mirrors.”

He looked surprised. “Mirrors?”

I held my hand down, showing how a hand mirror could be used to see what’s under my kilt.

He nodded. “Oh, I see.”

“And only you are allowed to see!”

 

I think it was because Alan was, well he’d never admit it, in love with me. Or at least in love with my life. He was very generous with the time, even giving me a few days before I was to go on my honeymoon extra time off. We’d arrive in Asheville Wednesday night to finalize what needed to happen.

We drove to Asheville, Nick would take the car back to Charleston. He was staying at the condo while we were gone. We almost needed another car or truck to carry the luggage! Tony brought half his closet. At least I thought so. He was so gay!

We got to the house I was raised in that evening, greeted by both my parents at the front door.

“Hello, boys.” Mom greeted hugging us each. “We’re only three days away. How are you feeling?” She invited us in, smiling.

I chuckled. “I’d be lying if I said I was feeling like it was no big deal.”

Dad chuckled. “That’s because it is a big deal.” He grinned at Nick. “How are they really?”

Nick smiled. “They’re nervous. Don’t let them fool you. How many times did you check the luggage, Dad?”

Tony frowned. “I don’t know, but I had to be sure we had everything.”

“This will be a great trip for you two. Your first stop is Edinburgh, right?” Dad asked.

Tony chuckled scratching his ear. “Well, the first night is in New York. We fly out on Sunday, but yes, we arrive in Edinburgh Sunday night or early Monday morning.”

“We’ll spend about a week seeing Scotland, the home of the McKenzie Clan, I read the McKenzies came from the Ross-shire. That’s not what I understood….”

Dad nodded sadly. “A lot of things were lost. You can share what you find when you get back.”

“Then we fly to Rome and see Italy.” Tony smiled. “And see where the Delveccios sprung from.”

“If you’re hungry, there’s food in the kitchen.” Mom said. “Do you know where the guest room is, Nick?”

Nick smiled. “The one without the trophies.”

Mom nodded and pulled me aside. “You Aunt Mary sends her apologies. She…” she smiled. “…says she forgot.”

I nodded with a smile. “She forgot to send the RSVP, so I wasn’t counting on her.” I shrugged. “I’m fine.”

Mom shook her head with a smile. “She just can’t let go for being outshined by you.”

 

The next day was fine. I wasn’t anxious at all. I had relatives on Dad’s side coming on Friday. The same for the Delveccios. We were having a dinner that Friday night that was supposed to be the rehearsal dinner. But we knew what we had to do. We spent time with my grandparents most of the day. And fielding calls from the Inn and florist as there was a need. Gilbert assured our cake was arriving the next day, with Gilbert.

Tony came from the hall bathroom after doing his evening preparations for bed. I was reading a book on what to do in Scotland. Yeah, I was excited to be going. He smiled at me, took the book from me, noted what page I was on, then tossed it aside. Then sat on the edge of the bed beside me.

“I was reading that.” I grinned.

He nodded. “I know. That’s rude.”

“How is that rude?”

“You’re husband-to- be comes in and you read?” He shook his head. “I don’t think so.” His hand came under the covers, searched for where I was, his hand coming under my pajama bottoms fondling me softly as he kissed me. He lifted an arm. “Here, sniff.”

I grinned at him. “Why would I do that?”

He shrugged. “To make sure I’m still putting out pheromones. Am I?”

I leaned in, running my nose in his armpit. “A little.” I grinned, then pushed him back. “But you know where I need to sniff to check.”

He grinned. “Feel free.”

I looked down as he continued to fondle me. “You certainly are.”

He chuckled. “Just confirming what I know will be under the kilt. Your equipment works.” Then he shrugged. “I hope you return the favor.”

I began slowly kissing him back, loving the fresh mint taste of his just brushed teeth. “I’m so glad you didn’t let me sit in that pew.”

He chuckled. “I got you to sit next to me. Now you’re marrying me. I’d say it was a very good idea.” Then his voice lowered, and he looked at me seriously. “Make love to me.”

I grinned. “I always do.”

 

Then Friday morning came. We had a suite at the Inn, deciding it was easier if we stayed there the night before. Our many, many relatives were coming, that way we didn’t have to worry about missing anyone. And though I wasn’t a big drinker, there were others that didn’t need to be driving afterward. We checked in when I heard it.

“Uncle Tony! Uncle Mitch!” Melissa came rushing toward us. Her parents and brother left behind at the entrance as they came in more leisurely. Melissa did her usual body slam.

“It’s a good thing she loves us,” Tony muttered to me as he was being hugged in her usual enthusiasm.

“I agree.” I chuckled.

Then Tony’s sister caught up with her daughter and hugged us as well. “You two look relaxed. Why do you look relaxed? You’re getting married tomorrow!”

Tony grinned as Al and David walked up. “I don’t know, maybe because we’ve been married about a year already?”

“But this is a wedding!” Melissa said excitedly. “It’s beautiful here!” She said looking at the hotel. Then looked outside. “That’s a big house.” She pointed to the massive structure, though it was far off, it still loomed.

“That’s part of why it became famous.” I nodded.

“Mitch!” I heard a familiar voice and saw David and Sherry come in. Sherry rushed over and hugged me. Then it began. Relatives began arriving from that moment on. There were at least a hundred from both the Delveccio side and the McKenzie side. Then Erin walked in…sort of. She waddled. She was pregnant, remember? She looked tired but happy. Marcus her husband looked tired, too. I guess being an expectant father is exhausting as well. Then friends arrived. Reverend Pat and Reverend Terry arrived.

Michael had just married the weekend before, so I knew he wouldn’t be here. David just looked lost. I went over as we were gathering before the rehearsal.

“I can’t imagine what you’re going through,” I said to David as he was contemplating.

He looked up suddenly at being addressed and smiled. “What?”

“Michael is your brother, I know. But he was your twin.” I said quietly. “And everyone knows you two were friends. Best friends.”

That’s when David nodded sadly. “How can I be jealous of her? She’s now his wife!”

I shrugged. “How can you not be? She took a major part of you away.”

David snickered. “Yes, she did.” Then he shrugged. “But at least she can have sex with him.”

I frowned. “It’s not about that. You know it. She became the most important part of Michael. Putting you second.”

“Don’t remind me.” David groused. “But it’s what he wants.”

“Is there no one you’re interested in?”

He shrugged. “Not really.”

I shrugged. “There will be someone. I know it.”

He grinned. “I saw the nephew of yours.” He smiled a little evilly. “Drew? He’s a good looking guy.”

My mouth dropped open. “No way!” I yelped. “But you’re not…you never said…”

He chuckled. “Oh, and you did?” He shook his head. “I’ve been with a few people, and there were two guys. Apparently, the apples stay in the orchard, forget fall from the tree.” He grinned. “I’m not saying I’m gay or bisexual, but if I found a great guy like Tony, he’d turn my head. Who knows, this could be the beginning of another McKenzie Delveccio union.” His eyebrows waggled. “Drew is a Delveccio and Italian.”

“And French,” I said, still in a little shock. “His mother is a Delveccio, his father is French-Canadian.”

“Ooo la la.” David grinned. “Even better.”

“He may not be receptive!”

“We’ll never know until I talk to him.” David patted me on the arm and walked toward Drew.

I walked almost speechless to Tony. He smiled at me, then he looked a little concerned. Apparently, something showed on my face he didn’t like. “Is something wrong?”

“David’s been with guys,” I said in amazement.

Tony was just as surprised for a mere second, then grinned. “So have I, so have you. And?”

I pointed to David and Drew as Drew was now laughing at something David said.

Tony’s smile faded a little. “Oh.”

I shook my head. “Not that I care except I was just surprised.”

Tony then smiled. “Well, Drew’s a great catch. David’s a good one, too.” Then he turned his head as if looking in a different angle would help him see better. “I don’t know if Drew’s ever….has been with a guy.”

“I didn’t know David had.” I looked again at my cousin with my new nephew.

“Maybe that’s the way of human evolution. We stop thinking of gender as being the deciding factor. It’s the person that can attract.” He shrugged.

I grinned. “Maybe.” Then I frowned at Tony. “Are you saying David’s more evolved than I am?”

Tony grinned back. “Maybe.”

I sighed. “My aunts and uncles back in Derby will blame me.”

Tony shook his head putting his arms around me. “The ones here won’t. Didn’t you say Gary came to you at ten, you were eight? I’d say if anyone were to blame, it would be him. But we know no one can make us gay.”

Then Kathleen and Angelo arrived. My parents also came a few minutes later. So we introduced one side of our family to the other.

Southerners, meet the family from North of the Mason Dixie Line.

Copyright © 2017 R. Eric; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 42
  • Love 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I see other people are reading and liking this story. I guess they are content to let me speak on behalf of all of them? ;-)

 

I hadn't thought of a mirror! If I knew the guy in the kilt well, I might be tempted to lift the edge to peek. But I'd only be curious otherwise.

 

It reminds me of a Benny Hill skit where a monk is on a ladder and the second monk, holding the ladder steady, looks up, commenting that he didn't know the first monk was Scottish! ;-)

Link to comment
On 01/01/2017 05:06 PM, droughtquake said:

I see other people are reading and liking this story. I guess they are content to let me speak on behalf of all of them? ;-)

 

I hadn't thought of a mirror! If I knew the guy in the kilt well, I might be tempted to lift the edge to peek. But I'd only be curious otherwise.

 

It reminds me of a Benny Hill skit where a monk is on a ladder and the second monk, holding the ladder steady, looks up, commenting that he didn't know the first monk was Scottish! ;-)

Girls were often warned about guys wearing shiny shoes that stood too close. But this will sort of be an ongoing joke for a chapter, maybe two.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..