Jump to content
    R. Eric
  • Author
  • 2,545 Words
  • 4,665 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

North Meets South, Worlds Collide - 27. Chapter 27

Trips are so much nicer when you’re with people you like. It’s even better with someone you love. We were having a great time. But the day was ending so we headed back to the hotel. There I asked for the computer to use and directed to the guest area where there were several. I logged in the email server and sent the pictures we’d taken and then went up to the suite. Tony had gone ahead while I was sending the pictures. I entered the suite and heard the water running, but it wasn’t the shower. I peered in to see Tony testing the water and adding some of those bath beads with candles lit around the tub and the sink. I smiled as he was turning with his smile directed at me.

“Planning a seduction?” I asked.

Tony rose walking over. “Oh yes. I most definitely am.” He grinned kissing me gently.

“No need to entice me much.” I smiled returning the kiss. Then I saw the bottle of champagne in an ice bucket and two glasses on the edge of the tub. “I’m already seduced.”

Tony kissed me. “So am I.” He said pulling my shirt over my head, then went back to kissing me.

Tony was right when he said Italian men were romantic. Tony most certainly was. Soft music he found played, lights dimmed as we relaxed in the hot water and the sweet fragrance of those bath beads filling the air. The candlelight soft adding gentle mood. No one of us was the husband, no one of us was the wife. No one was needed at the reigns and in control, it just naturally flowed. The tub was made to fit two and we did just fine.

Nestled against him, my back to his chest we sipped the champagne. “This has been a great trip so far, Tony,” I said softly. “What do you think?”

He chuckled. I was rubbing off on him, but Melissa said he’d always been obnoxious himself, maybe that’s why we get along so well. His tone switched as he said dourly. “It’s been okay, I guess. And things have definitely improved after Rome took over for the better.”

I sat up looking at him. “Took over?”

“We conquered most of Britannia back during the time of Caesars,” Tony said calmly as if I knew this, which I knew Rome had invaded England then.

I knew he was kidding, but this was going to be interesting. “Not highlanders, you didn’t. You even had to build a wall in England to help keep us out!” My eyes narrowed. “And what sort of wall was that anyway? Not much of a barrier. Not enough to keep us out!”

Tony grinned with a shrug and then he smiled at me. “Well, there’s one Italian that conquered a Highlander. I got you, don’t I?” He chuckled. “All I have to do is shake my ass in front you and you can’t keep your hands off me!”

I chuckled. “Do you really want to test that theory?”

He kissed me. “I know I can’t keep my hands off you.” He began kissing me more passionately. “And I don’t want to.”

“Me neither.” I shook my head as I returned the kiss with equal passion. “I love you.”

Tony grinned. “I know. I love you.”

Slipping my arms around him I pulled him closer. “I know.”

 

We toured more of Scotland. Returning to the Highlands to see more of this beautiful country. The Irish pride themselves on the green of Ireland. Scotland was pretty damned green in late spring, too. The mountain areas were inspiring. I’d have to go to Ireland one day to compare it for myself. We went to Glasgow, Aberdeen, and Inverness. Thank god we had GPS. I’d have been lost without that. The mountains here were newer, sharper than those in North Carolina. Back home they were rounded and older. Why my ancestor chose Derby escapes me.

I saw a bunch of cows in the highlands. I knew the cows we had back home, but these…well….these long-haired cows…I had heard of them, but I had to see one up close. So, I asked Tony to stop as I greeted one on the side of the road. She was behind a stone wall, no fence, but a wall. It was a cow who was not shy at all. My decision was tolerated by Tony who didn’t seem to want to really meet her. And of course, I had to take a picture of her. I couldn’t wait to see the image to my father and grandfather to find out what they thought.

 

But soon it was Saturday night and our last night in Edinburgh. I heard Tony on the phone as I was getting dressed for dinner. Yes, it was going to be more formal than we’d been since we arrived. Not suit and tie formal, but more formal than going to a pub or even the hotel’s great restaurant.

“….is that going to be a problem for you to have a gay couple?” I heard Tony ask. Then he nodded, not that the other person on the phone could see him. “Great. We’ll be there in half an hour.” He hung up and stood, surprised to see me standing close. “I didn’t hear you.”

I was intrigued by his reaction. “Is there a concern I should know about?” Why would he ask if someone had a problem with a gay couple? So far everyone has been nice about it.

He smiled, shaking his head. “Not one.” He shrugged. “You know Italians now, worry is just part of being Italian. I was just making sure of something. I want this to be special, for both of us. I want to make wonderful memories of our honeymoon. Memories that will last our whole lives.”

I smiled at him. “How can they not be? We’re together.” He looked great. The dark sweater under his sports coat and slacks, his jet black hair in soft waves. We’d been married so long, I knew it would curl when left alone and got too long. But for now, he looked amazing. It almost made me wish we were staying in. He was handsome and damned sexy! Who would cheat on this man? Certainly not me. We had plenty of time for that coming, so why concern myself with that?

Tony nodded. “We certainly are together.” He came to me. He was wearing that cologne I loved. Damn!

We didn’t take the car, he had hired a driver and a limousine.

“You don’t have to keep doing this.” I pointed to the car.

He shook his head. “That’s not true.” He smiled. “I do.”

We rode for a few minutes to this…castle? It sort of looked like one, but there were few cars. The driver opened our doors and we went in. There was a man to greet us at the entrance.

“Delveccio and McKenzie,” Tony said to the man.

The man bowed slightly. “If you’ll follow me, please gentlemen.”

“No pictures,” Tony said to me quietly as we followed.

“No camera.” I replied equally as quiet.

I don’t know how he found out about this place. We’d made the honeymoon plans together, but I had no idea where we were. We were taken to a private dining room. I mean, no other tables were in this room but our table. The table was elegantly set with all those things. Crystal, china and many knives and forks on a white table cloth. I was a country boy, but I knew how to do this. Start at the outside and work your way in for each course. Mom taught me that. The table was before a fireplace that was lit and burning well. Music played softly. It was a beautiful room. The host pulled a chair out, that was something you did for a lady. I knew full well neither Tony or I were ladies, but I shrugged and sat down.

The host bowed again to us. “Gentlemen, your waiter will be in shortly. Enjoy your evening.” Then he left the room, closing the door behind him.

“Tony!” I said to him. “I’m sorry, but….” I waved at the room. “…this looks very, very expensive!”

Tony laughed. “Because it is very, very expensive. Memories? Remember me saying that? Are you going to forget this?”

I looked at the cloth napkin in that little round napkin ring that held napkins. I shook my head. “Not unless a head injury is involved.”

Tony shook his head. “I’m doing well.” He said simply. “I am now making money again, and I found that one person God created me to be with. If I want to share with you some of the fruits of what I’ve done, I should be allowed to.” Then he reached over taking my hand. “I love you, Mitch. I enjoy doing things like this for you. If you’re happy, I will be, too.” He shrugged. “So I’m going overboard, let me do this. I don’t want you just happy, I want to wow you.”

What could I say, but… “Wow.”

He laughed lightly. “I think because this doesn’t really impress you that much, makes me want to do it even more.”

“I’m impressed!” I said quickly. “Very impressed, okay? Happy now?” I brought his hand to my lips. “You just don’t have to try so hard. I married you because I love you. Not this.” I waved at the room.

Tony nodded. “I know that.” He assured me. “You love me. Not this or the money. But I’m going to do this, so just enjoy it.”

I nodded. “I will,” I said smiling at my husband. “No more bug eyes when you do something like this. I promise.” I swore squeezing his hand. “But do not ever get to the point where business becomes everything,” I warned. “I want you. Not some workaholic millionaire.”

Tony nodded with a chuckle. “Before it was all about making money and making my parents proud. I have a sense of freedom with you, though. If you feel I am becoming all business…you can stop me, I have no doubt. I will never lose sight of you or us.”

 

When the waiter came in with the menu, he poured wine and water. I saw things on that menu I knew what they were, but never thought I’d be eating them and of course, they had a Scottish twist on them. I said I wasn’t a big drinker, but I admit this wine was pretty damned good!

They had the Scottish version of American Southern Steak and Taters. (You have to say that right to truly understand.) This was a thirty-five day aged rib-eye, grilled bone marrow, and béarnaise sauce! What the hell? Heritage potatoes chipped. It was damned, damned good!! Tony had the lobster. A whole lobster! And we did share each other’s dishes. No bibs in sight, but they’d bring one if asked, I was sure. Tony didn’t make a mess. There was this odd shaped thing, like a knife with a small, hard ball end, but thin he used to break the shell. He showed me he’d used the thing before by using it with confidence.

No one rushed us. Tony told me we had the room that night, no one was waiting for our table. It was after we ate Tony took my hand again.

“Dance with me?” He said quietly.

The music was soothing and quiet. Then dance with this wasn’t gyrating wildly or even a waltz.

“I’ll gladly dance with you,” I said quietly, nodding.

The feelings I had that night, being held by him, being loved by him made the world outside just vanish. He smelled good, he felt good and I never wanted this evening to end. We danced close, slow and I had no concept of time passing. I just enjoyed being with the one person most important to me. As he made me feel I was that person most important to him.

But too quickly, the night had to come to close. We took the limo back to the hotel. Seeing the woman that checked us in at the desk the night we arrived looked up as we walked in his arm around me, mine around him and all she did was smile at what she saw. Love.

 

Then the next day began. Breakfast was brought up by room service as we packed. Our next stop was Italy. We had a flight scheduled for late morning, so we hurried to make sure we got everything packed.

“Naturalmente, si non hanno usato italiano recentemente, ma non hai dimenticato, sono sicuro. Se dovessimo tornare a parlare esclusivamente in questo momento?” Tony smiled as he asked me if we should speak Italian exclusively since I hadn’t spoken it recently.

I chuckled. “No, non ho dimenticato. Possiamo farlo, se ti piace.” I assured I hadn’t forgotten, but we could do that if he wanted.

 

(The rest was all in Italian)

 

“Just be aware, as it is in America. Accents will be different there. Like yours and mine. Or even different like Australia, England or New Zealand is from America.” Tony said. “It’s Italian, but will sound different enough to confuse you.”

The truth was, Tony was more excited by this part more than he wanted to let on. I grinned as he was getting things ready for the bellmen to come and get our luggage. He was moving a little too quickly to just be getting ready to go.

“You have an accent?” I said grinning. “I don’t hear one.”

Tony turned looking at me surprised, knowing how many times I made fun of his saying “dawgs” or “gawd” for dog and god. “Kawfee” for coffee. Then he saw my face and grinned. “Well, yes…” he scratched behind his ear a little embarrassed. “I guess I’m a little anxious for you to see Italy.”

I nodded. “I love one Italian a whole bunch. I’m sure I’ll fall in love with Italy.” I said hugging Tony.

He sighed. “I know you will.” Then he looked mockingly cautious. “And no falling in love with any other Italians!”

I chuckled but went with it. “Aw, Tony.”

He held up a finger. “Mine is the only crotch you’ll sniff. Say it.”

I chuckled as he kissed me. “Yours is the only one I want to sniff.”

“Okay then.” Then he grinned at me, kissing me again. “I love you.”

I nodded. “So you keep telling me.”

He shrugged. “I don’t want you to forget.” Then there was a knock at our door for the bellmen to get our luggage.

 

We checked out of the hotel and then I watched Edinburgh recede as we headed to the airport.

“We’re off to Italy!” Tony said not like a man of thirty-eight years, but more like a six year old excited to be going to Disneyworld! Here was an Italian coming home to visit.

I smiled at him saying mockingly passive as you would to that child going to Disneyworld. “That’s right, Tony.” He didn’t even make a comment back!

Copyright © 2017 R. Eric; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 37
  • Love 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I realize Mitch enjoys Tony's pheromones, but really? "The dark sweat under his sports coat and slacks, his jet black hair in soft waves." I thought Tony just got dressed before he made that confirmation call before the spectacular dinner… ;-)

Link to comment
On 01/08/2017 04:22 PM, droughtquake said:

I realize Mitch enjoys Tony's pheromones, but really? "The dark sweat under his sports coat and slacks, his jet black hair in soft waves." I thought Tony just got dressed before he made that confirmation call before the spectacular dinner… ;-)

It was sweater, not sweat. My bad. Corrected now. But you get the idea. Now on to ROME!!!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

at the reigns and in control, - at the reins and in control,

 I watched Edinburgh rescede -  I watched Edinburgh recede 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 9/12/2018 at 6:47 AM, jaysalmn said:

We're at this again, Will, huh??

Thank you.  

 

On 9/12/2018 at 6:45 AM, Will Hawkins said:

at the reigns and in control, - at the reins and in control,

 I watched Edinburgh rescede -  I watched Edinburgh recede 

Okay, there are many mistakes.  I admitted that before and will again.  Other than the story structure, as in spelling errors and grammatical errors.  What do you think about the contents?  You must at least like them as you keep reading.  I am right brained, you are left brained.  My stories are written like the spoken word.  My telling you what happened.  I write what I hear.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..