Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Reluctant Master - 15. Chapter 15

Vinny

From Alan: I’m guessing you’ve been busy.

From Vinny: Always. Good to get a message from you again.

From Alan: I figured you might be away, and I finally remembered to ask. What’ve you been doing?

From Vinny: Working long hours. Working long months. Though I did drive to Topeka last weekend to visit family. My nephew was there from Arizona

From Alan: One of those hard-working family guys, huh? Sets a tough precedent for the rest of us. Not to mention going voluntarily back to Topeka, which seems even more conservative than here.

From Vinny: It’s not so bad. It’s interesting to watch my gay nephew growing up. Seems to be so much easier for him than it was for me. He’s 16 now and came out 2 years ago.

From Alan: It might be easier to be openly gay now, but Topeka still isn’t a place I’d choose to do it. Good thing your nephew was just visiting. Where does he live in Arizona?

From Vinny: Wrong nephew. The one visiting from Arizona lives in Phoenix. The youngest one lives in Topeka.

From Alan: They’re both gay?

From Vinny: Just the one in Kansas.

From Alan: Then I’m glad he’s having a easy time of it. That’s not the city’s reputation. He planning to stay there after high school?

From Vinny: No idea what he wants to do. He’s quite brave. He likes to take on the Westboro people

From Alan: The extremely conservative folks?

From Vinny: The Gods Hates Fags people.

From Alan: I thought as much. How’s your nephew standing up to them?

From Vinny: Oh, his school is near their compound, and he and others hold up signs for them to read. Just silly things, like “If God hates fags, why did he makes us all so sexy?”

From Alan: That’s great. It’s always good to be funny while you’re aggravating the shit out of your enemy. If everyone else laughs, sometimes they just go home.

From Vinny: His mother isn’t thrilled about it. Though I’m afraid I encourage him.

From Alan: How?

From Vinny: Just by being out and me.

From Alan: A perfect example.

From Vinny: Maybe. If figures out how to work less than I do. And now I’ve got to get back to it. Catch up with you again when I have time.

From Alan: Don’t make yourself crazy.

From Vinny: Too late for that.

2014 Richard Eisbrouch
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..