Jump to content
    Rob Colton
  • Author
  • 3,409 Words
  • 16,451 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timber Pack Chronicles - 22. Chapter 22

Colton pointed to an empty parking spot, signaling for Jed to pull in. Jed parallel parked his truck in front of the sheriff’s office in downtown Timber.

The village was part of Colton’s pack territory. Standing on the sidewalk in the middle of the village, Colton now understood why Forrest wasn’t so interested in keeping it. If you blinked, you’d miss the small town with a population of less than two thousand.

“Well, fuck. Is this it?” Jed asked while looking up and down the street.

There was a single blinking yellow traffic light hanging over the middle of the downtown intersection.

The closed up sheriff’s office sat in the middle of a strip of businesses, next to a tiny post office that was little more than a single-window kiosk. On the other side of the post office was the Timber General Store. There was a diner across the street as well as a laundromat, and what looked like a lawyer’s office. Further down the way was a small gas station, with a bar on the other side of the street.

Jed sniffed the air and turned back towards the General Store. “I smell two shifters. A wolf and…” He sniffed again.

Colton’s nostrils flared. “A bear.”

Parker’s jaw dropped. “A bear? Like a bear bear? You know, a grizzly bear?”

“No,” Jed laughed. “It’s Winnie the Pooh.”

Colton led his pack into the store. A slender young man in an apron looked up from the apples he was stocking. The wolf pup’s eyes widened in recognition, and he stepped backwards until he stood behind a burly lumberjack-looking mountain man.

That was definitely the bear shifter.

Complete with a full beard, red flannel shirt, suspenders and blue jeans, he appeared to be in his mid-thirties, but you never knew with some shifters.

The bear folded his arms across his chest, and stood with his feet shoulder-width apart, completely blocking their view of the young wolf. Colton could smell the bear all over the wolf. The bear was definitely fucking the little dark-haired wolf, and the way he was guarding over him, Colton guessed that they were mates.

Colton wasn’t intimidated. He knew he could take the bear if it came down to it. The bear may have looked soft, but he was strong. Even so, Colton knew that the man was too big and too slow to be much of a threat against a big alpha wolf, especially if Colton shifted into his hybrid form.

“You must be the new wolf pack that’s moved into the area,” the lumberjack said. “I’m Buck. I own the store. This here is my partner, Stan.”

Stan peeked around the bear, and nodded his head respectfully, but never lifted his eyes to look at Colton. The frightened pup was a year or two older than Colton, maybe early to mid-twenties at the oldest. He was about Parker’s size, but not as defined. Colton was concerned about him. The pup should be respectful and deferential towards the new alpha, but he was acting like he was scared to death, and Colton didn’t like that.

“I’m Colton Butler.”

He stepped forward and shook Buck’s hand, then held his hand out to Stan. The smaller wolf leaned forward, gave Colton’s hand a quick shake, then stepped back behind his bear.

“This is my beta, Trey; my enforcer, Jed; and my mate, Parker.”

Stan peeked around Buck again, lifted his eyes, and looked at Parker before looking back at Colton, then back down to the floor. “You’re mated to a man?” he asked in wonder.

“Yes.”

“But you’re an alpha.”

“That’s right. Timber Pack doesn’t discriminate.”

Buck looked between the four men. “So, are you here to collect pack dues or something?”

“No,” Colton said. “If you want to be pack, you’re welcome to join. I won’t force you.”

“Stan and I would need to talk about it.” Buck turned back to his smaller mate. “Why don’t you go in back and start unpacking today’s shipment for me?” Stan nodded. Buck ran his thumb across Stan’s chin fur. “Thank you, cub.”

Stan looked up at Buck for a moment, his eyes filled with love and adoration, before turning to leave.

Colton frowned as he watched Stan scurry into the store’s back room. Stan was a pup, not a cub, but Colton didn’t want to create waves with the bear during their first meeting, so he kept quiet.

Once Stan was gone, Buck relaxed slightly. “Look, Stan was treated pretty shitty by his last pack. Some bullshit about being an omega. I’m not gonna pretend to understand wolf pack dynamics. He ended up homeless and travelling halfway across the country, before he wound up living up in those cabins of yours for a little bit. I want Stan to be happy, and I want him to be safe.”

Colton wanted to sigh. Some lycan packs still lived in the dark ages. There was a purpose to their pack structure, and it was important that a strong rank be established and enforced. But that same structure should not be used to abuse those who were less strong. Those were the same types of packs that would deny Colton his mate. They were bullies, plain and simple. And Colton had little to no patience for bullies.

“He’ll be safe whether or not you two join the pack. You have my word. You may not be pack, but you’re in my territory.”

Buck regarded Colton for a moment, then held out his hand. Colton shook it.

“Welcome to Timber,” Buck said.

“Thanks, Buck.” Colton smiled and tapped Buck on the arm. “We’ll be back to pick up some groceries before we leave town.”

“I appreciate the business.”

After they left the store, they headed across the street to the diner. When the four boys entered the restaurant, every eye in the place turned towards them and regarded them with curiosity.

They moved to the last booth in the corner and sat down. Slowly everyone turned back to their own business.

A middle-aged woman with bleach-blond hair wearing a yellow uniform and white apron walked up with a friendly smile. “I don’t think I’ve seen you boys in here before. Surely I would have remembered. I’m Dottie.”

“Hi, Dottie,” Colton answered, putting on his most charming smile. “Me and my friends are new to the area, and we’re looking for dessert. What do you got that’s good?”

“I recommend either the strawberry cake or the apple pie. I baked ‘em fresh this morning.”

“Mmm, strawberry cake please,” Parker said with a happy grin. “And a glass of water.”

“I’ll have the apple pie,” Jed said. He gave her a sheepish smile and added, “Two pieces.”

“That sounds good,” added Colton. “Apple pie for me, too. But just one piece.”

“I’ll have the cake, and a cup of coffee,” Trey said.

“Coming right up. But next time you gotta come in for the lunch special, you hear?”

“We sure will,” Colton said with a wink.

After Dottie left to prep their order, Trey leaned in across the table. “So, what do you think?”

Colton looked out the window, down the village strip. “I like it here.” He put his arm around Parker’s shoulders, and looked down at his mate. “I think we can be happy here.”

 

* * * *

 

Parker bounded down the stairs with his backpack. He found his dad at the dining room table sitting with his laptop, along with a big stack of folders and papers. Barney was so totally engrossed in his work that he didn’t even notice Parker enter the room. As Parker came up behind him, he noticed his dad looking through some sort of financial records on the computer screen. Glancing at the table, he saw that all of the folders on the table were labeled “F.V.W.P. HOLDINGS”.

“Jed’s on his way. He’ll be here in a second, so I’ll see you tomorrow.”

Startled by Parker’s sudden appearance, Barney looked up from his laptop, and quickly closed the lid. “What?”

“It’s Saturday. I’m spending the night at Jed’s. Remember?”

Parker got a blank look from his father. “No. Jed… is he a new… friend?”

Biting back the urge to sigh, he answered, “Jed is just a friend. You and Mom said it was okay. Last night. At dinner.”

Barney continued to stare at him for a moment, his eyes briefly lingering around Parker’s neck.

Parker shifted nervously between his feet. He was positive his scar was covered by his clothing, but he wasn’t able to completely hide the hickey Colton had left. Parker was really going to let Colton have it when he saw him. Hell, who was he kidding? All Colton had to do was touch him or kiss him, and he’d do anything his mate asked.

His father leaned across the table, and scooped up something in his fist. “Your mother was looking for these. Can you bring them to her?”

Parker was momentarily stunned. It was the most his father had said to him in days. “Sure.”

He walked over and held out his hand. Barney placed a pair of earrings into his palm.

Parker cried out in pain, and jerked his hand away, dropping the earrings onto the floor.

“Something wrong?” Barney asked.

“No. It’s nothing.” His eyes welled with tears. He tried to breathe normally, and not shake apart as he squatted down. Discreetly, he looked at his hand, and saw that he had two angry red blisters where the silver had burned him.

As he pulled the sleeve of his sweatshirt over his hand, and carefully picked up the earrings, the doorbell rang.

When Barney got up to answer the door, Parker dropped the horrid pieces of metal onto the table.

Jed’s loud voice rang through the house. “Hi. I’m Jed. You must be Mr. Montgomery. Nice to meet you, sir.”

Parker walked to the door where Jed was happily shaking his dad’s hand. His dad pulled his hand back, turned around, and walked back to the dining room.

“You okay?” Jed quietly asked Parker, his brows scrunched with concern.

Parker cradled his hand and nodded. “I’m fine.”

As Parker closed the door behind him, he noticed his father carefully watching them from the dining room archway, juggling the earrings in his hand.

“You sure you’re okay?” Jed asked again as they walked to his truck.

“I burned my hand on some silver,” Parker replied. “It hurts.”

Jed took Parker’s hand and looked at the burns. “It’s not too bad. It’ll heal fairly quick. I think I have some aloe in the truck.”

They got into the truck, and Jed fished around in the glove box until he found the bottle of lotion.

Parker took the bottle and popped the cap. He turned it upside down, but suddenly stopped and looked back at Jed. “Please tell me you don’t use this for… what I think you use it for.”

The corner of Jed’s mouth turned up in a smirk. “I’m uncut. I don’t need to use lube when I jack off, if that’s what you’re asking.”

Parker cringed. “Forget I said anything.”

He spread the soothing lotion on his palm, and the burn started to feel a little better.

“The burn should be gone in a couple of days,” Jed said. “Quicker once you start shifting.”

“Thanks,” Parker said with a nod as he put the lotion back into the glove compartment.

Jed started the truck and pulled out of the driveway, then headed out of town towards Camp Timber.

“And please, for the love of God, don’t tell Colton you burned yourself on my watch.” Jed snickered. “He’s gonna bite my head off when he sees you.”

Parker rolled his eyes. “He’s not that bad.” He thought for a moment. “Okay, maybe he is. Hey, have you ever heard of F.V.P… No, F.V.W.P. Holdings?”

“Sure. That’s Forrest’s company. It’s on my dad’s paychecks. ‘Forest View Wolf Pack.’ Why’d you ask?”

Parker shrugged. “Just wondered.”

Jed’s cell phone beeped and buzzed, and he picked it up from where it was resting in the drink holder. He looked at the screen and chuckled, then handed the phone to Parker.

“Who’s this?” Parker asked, looking at the smiling twink on the screen.

“We’re supposed to hook up this weekend. Finally. He goes to school in the city. These past two weeks have been crazy. I’m gonna give myself carpal tunnel, if you know what I mean.” Jed made a ‘jerking off’ motion just in case Parker didn’t get it.

“I doubt Colton would appreciate you telling me that.”

The phone buzzed in Parker’s hand, and a new text message scrolled into view. “He says he’s not D.T.F., but he’s curious.” He handed the phone back to Jed. “I don’t even want to know.”

Jed just smiled. “He’ll come around. I’ll charm the pants right off the little dude. When he sees what I’m working with, he’ll be ready to go.”

“Yeah, Colton definitely wouldn’t want you telling me all that. Actually, I don’t want you telling me all that either.”

Parker laughed, making Jed laugh with him.

“And speaking of carpal tunnel, I bet Colton had a blast signing all of that paperwork.”

Parker smiled. “He said he’d text me when he got done at the lawyer’s office. I can’t believe he owns the camp now. Do you think we should set up a company like Forrest for our pack stuff?”

Jed shrugged. “Probably. I’m not really a business expert.”

When they got to the camp, Parker and Jed got right to work. A large orange roll-off dumpster had been delivered, and they proceeded to fill it with garbage and demo scraps.

After an hour or so of making trips back and forth to the dumpster, Parker’s hand was really starting to hurt. When he pulled off the glove, he noticed the blisters had started to bleed. He walked down to the river and knelt down. Rinsing his hand off, he closed his eyes as he let the cool water wash the blood away from the burn.

From out of nowhere, the hair on the back of Parker’s neck stood up. Lifting his head, he sniffed the air. He didn’t understand what he was smelling yet, but something wasn’t right.

Parker stood up and looked around. He turned toward the cabins, and shouted, “Jed?”

Jed came racing around one of the cabins, faster than Parker had ever seen him run. He was pulling off his clothes as he did, his face already in mid-shift.

Parker’s head whipped to the side when he heard the snarling. He locked eyes with the grey wolf. Those icy silver/steel eyes were wide and crazy; foamy saliva dripped from its mouth.

The wolf came at Parker, but Jed’s massive auburn-colored wolf let out a roar and leapt. Jed knocked the grey wolf back, then moved in front of Parker, blocking him from attack. He growled and snarled, warning the other wolf away.

The rabid wolf attacked Jed. He managed to get under the bigger wolf, and he grabbed hold of Jed’s front arm and jerked hard.

Jed howled, then snapped his jaws on one of the grey wolf’s ears, ripping it in two, but the wolf still wouldn’t let go.

Parker picked up a chunk of a cinder block, and threw it hard at the grey wolf, hitting him in the back of the head, making him finally let go of Jed.

Jed took the opportunity to strike. He clamped his jaws on one of the grey wolf’s paws and shook it. The bone cracked and the rabid shifter howled in pain as blood sprayed across the yard. He jerked and shook like a madman, managing to get loose from Jed’s grasp, then ran off as fast as he could with three good legs into the woods.

Jed shifted back to his human form, and slumped to the ground at Parker’s feet.

“Are you okay?” Parker asked. He knelt down next to the naked man to examine the huge bruise on the front of his shoulder.

“Fucker dislocated my shoulder,” Jed grunted. He sat up and rotated his arm, then did a few stretches. “I’m fine.”

“Are you sure you’re okay?”

“Yeah. It’s all good. He doesn’t fight worth crap.”

“He’s erratic… it’s like he’s unfocused. Did you see him literally foaming at the mouth?”

“Yeah, but I hurt his ass good. He’s gonna need a couple days to recover.”

“I know this isn’t what it looks like,” Colton growled as he stormed into the backyard. “Someone better start explaining why my enforcer is naked, and my mate is on his knees next to him.”

 

* * * *

 

Colton ended the call and threw his phone at the wall, but Trey caught it in mid-air, saving it from destruction.

“They don’t know anything about the fucking wolf. Dad admitted that they practically gave up looking for him. They’re not even going to send anyone out here to track him.” He turned and pointed a finger at Parker. “And you. You don’t fucking go anywhere without one of us with you.”

Parker folded his arms across his chest and glared back at his overbearing mate. “Hey, don’t yell at me.”

“I want this fucker dead.” He directed his anger at Jed next. “You should have gone after him.”

Jed hung his head. “Sorry. I fucked up.”

“Hey, don’t yell at Jed either,” Parker said, coming to the enforcer’s defense. “He got hurt protecting me.”

“Everyone calm down,” Trey interrupted. “This isn’t helping.”

“You’re right,” Colton admitted. He took a deep breath. “Okay. First off, we’re not going to let that fucker dictate how we live our lives. And second, what we need is a plan…”

 

* * * *

 

Parker was laughing as he ran through the woods. He could hear Colton behind him. His wolf was chasing him, playing with him. He could’ve caught him so long ago, so easily, but he was drawing out their play time.

Colton “woofed” from somewhere behind. He was close.

Parker was tired, but he pushed hard, not wanting to appear to be giving up. He jumped over a fallen tree, but his foot caught the top of the trunk, and he nearly fell.

Suddenly, a flash of black fur leapt over him, and Parker lost his footing, slipping on the fallen leaves covering the ground. He laughed as he lay down on the ground.

The big, black beast walked around him, growling and snarling.

“You got me,” Parker panted through his laughs as he pushed up onto his knees. He brushed the leaves off the front of his shirt. Before he could get up, Colton moved in.

Colton growled low in his chest. The wolf’s snout pressed between Parker’s butt cheeks, and then inhaled and snorted loudly. Colton head-butted Parker’s back, knocking him forward onto his hands. The wolf’s front paws grabbed at Parker’s waist as he mounted Parker’s back, and pushed into position.

Parker was horrified. “Colton!”

He squirmed away from the wolf, and rolled over onto his back. Pushing his hands against Colton’s chest, he attempted to keep the big wolf away. Parker may have loved Colton’s wolf, but he was not about to love Colton’s wolf.

Colton surged forward, until his body completely stood over Parker’s.

Parker narrowed his eyes at his mate. “You are such a perv.”

Colton opened his mouth and his tongue lolled out. He dipped his head and let out a huff of air. He was laughing.

Parker rolled his eyes. “I’m glad you think you’re funny. But I swear, if you come at me with wolf dick again, I’m gonna cut it off.”

In response, Colton slurped his tongue upside Parker’s face.

Parker wiped his face off, rolled from under Colton, and pushed himself to his feet. Resting his hand on Colton’s neck, he buried his fingers in the soft fur.

“We should get back.”

He let Colton lead him through the woods as they continued their walk toward the Camp Timber cabins.

“I can’t wait until I get to run with you for real. Just one more day.”

Colton stopped walking and Parker looked down at him. Colton stared at him for a moment, then closed his eyes and rubbed his muzzle on Parker’s hand.

“I love you, too, Colton.”

Copyright © 2014 Rob Colton; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 59
  • Love 27
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I am rereading Timber Pack Chronicles - and it is as brilliant as the first time around! Thank you for a marvellous story, Rob! BTW, I thought I bought it on Kindle, but nahh, - not there (Alzheimers kicked in again). Are there any titles in the series available for sale at the moment?

Luv,

Your biggest fan in Darkest Africa

  • Like 4
Link to comment

A few signs that strange things are going on. FIrst with Parker's dad and the papers he had - what's that all about? The silver earings that Parker pierced himself with? Something tells me that his dad did that on purpose? But why? We know he's not a nice person but could he really be worse than we thought? And what kind of trouble will he be for the new pack and Parker in particular? So many questions! I look forward to finding the answers.

Good work Rob.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I like the extra detail with Parker's father. That aspect always left me wondering in the first version. Great work, thanks.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

It true of every small town I've been in that it's more about the people than the size.  Colton's strongest alpha quality is his protective instinct.  It's a quality that makes it easier for a group to follow a strong leader rather than just an aggressive one.  Such as Seth, the pseudo-leader at school before Colton moved to town for example.  He might have followers, like other aggressive personalities, the fearful, or the complacent but that won't keep them around or foster loyalty.

 

I loved Buck and Stan!  I hope to see more of them, please.  The only thing that popped out as odd enough it stopped my flow of reading was this, "The wolf came at Parker, but Jed’s massive auburn-colored wolf let out a roar and leapt."  Jed would roar as a man, maybe, but as a wolf?  A sharp bark might work better and doesn't repeat any other fight sounds you used, like growling, etc.  I was laughing out loud at Colton asking about Parker leaning over a naked Jed.  :rofl:  And thank you for drawing the line at bestiality, unlike some were-genera writers.  Parker's "wolf dick" protest is almost as good as his "butt sex" line.  LOL :heart:  ~ Ms. V

 

Edited by Y0rite
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Parker’s dad seems to know something wolf related is going on with his son, those earrings weren’t an accident.  I sense no parental love from him at all.  
That gray wolf was rabid-or that’s what I took from his frothing at the mouth;  Wolves can’t get human diseases but can they get diseases from each other?  Why is he after Parker?  Could that be his dad?

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
Link to comment

@Ms. V I loved the way you described the qualities of Colton as a leader for his new territory.  I think the pack will grow and prosper in this small town and their own headquarters.  Buck and Stan make a great couple and will fit well in the pack if they decide to join.  I also like that line drawn at bestiality, but think the author might be tempted to put a few wolf sex scenes in the story after Parker has his first change.  :gikkle:

@FanLit I think you are spot on and now share your suspicions about Barney.  It would also explain his actions before and why he has a wolf for a golf buddy.  The grey wolf is one sick wolf, although if he has rabies then the wolf can't be Barney.  Rabies would affect both the wolf and the human forms the same way.  Barney may be an ass, but he is not foaming at the mouth.  That may change when Parker decides to tell his father Parker is moving out. 😜

Another awesome chapter building us up for the next confrontation.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..