Jump to content
    Rob Colton
  • Author
  • 3,645 Words
  • 18,545 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timber Pack Chronicles - 18. Chapter 18

Colton was in the middle of setting up a surprise for Parker when he got the call from his father about the pack meeting. He had to abandon his plans so that he could pick Parker up to get to the meeting on time.

His old pack put down turned humans if they were felt to be dangerous. There’s no way anyone could ever think Parker was a danger. He wouldn’t even entertain the idea that Alpha would do that to Parker. The worst possible thing he could imagine was that the pack would reject Parker and exile him. Colton wouldn’t let them take Parker away from him. That was not an option. He would fight whoever he needed to make sure that did not happen.

By the time they arrived at the Alpha’s country home, Colton was nervous. He didn’t let it show, but he was sure things were going to be bad. He tried to sugarcoat it for Parker, but his pup was smart.

He parked the car in the grassy field designated for parking, and he and Parker got out. Parker looked around, taking everything in.

The house was a large Tudor revival home and to Parker, here for the first time, it must have looked quite impressive sitting on a huge plot of land. The Alpha also owned much of the forest around his home. It was used for many pack gatherings.

Colton walked around the front of the car to get to Parker.

“The Sheriff lives here?” Parker asked as he looked around. “I didn’t know Seth’s family was this loaded. No wonder he acts like a spoiled brat.”

“Mm-hmm,” Colton answered. He gently pushed Parker against the car and leaned into his body. His hands moved to either side of the smaller man who now belonged to him. He leaned his head down close, breathed in Parker’s new scent, and let it calm him.

But still, it wasn’t enough.

He grabbed the hem of Parker’s polo shirt and yanked it over his head.

“Colton!” Parker hissed as he tried in vain to grab the shirt.

Colton tossed it into the back floor of the car. He rifled through his gym bag, and pulled out one of his T-shirts. Colton had drenched it with sweat through and through during his last workout. It was ripe with his scent. It was perfect.

“What are you doing?” Parker asked as Colton pushed the T-shirt over his neck, then helped with the sleeves.

The baggy loose-fitting shirt exposed Parker’s neck and collarbone enough so everyone would see the fresh mating bite. He wanted everyone to know Parker was his. He was proud to be mated to Parker Montgomery, and he was going to show off his pup to the entire pack. Colton leaned in and lapped his tongue across the bite, grinning smugly when Parker’s knees buckled.

Parker pulled the collar of the shirt up to his nose and sniffed. He wrinkled his nose and let the shirt drop back down. “Are you gonna piss on my shoes next?” asked Parker.

There was no heat behind his words and Colton laughed. “If there’s a chance that someone might not know that you belong to me, then I might just have to do that.”

“Yeah, I think they’ll figure it out.”

Parker let out a sigh and put his arms around Colton. Colton could feel him trembling. He rubbed his chin up Parker’s neck, and across his jaw, letting his rough whiskers scrape across Parker’s smooth skin.

“It’s gonna be okay,” Colton whispered, trying to soothe the boy’s nerves.

Parker looked up at him, the worry and fear in his eyes easily readable. “I’m scared,” he said in a hushed voice.

Colton moved a hand to Parker’s neck. His thumb stroked the jaw line. “You don’t need to be scared. You’re mine, pup. You wear my mark and my scent. I may be young, but I’m no whelp. I’m big and strong. You’re my mate and I will protect you until my last breath. If anyone dares to touch you, I will kill them. They have no choice but to accept you into the pack.”

“I’m not worried about me… well maybe a little, but I’m worried about you. I don’t want you to get in trouble. You couldn’t help what happened. It was instinct, like you said. It’s not your fault. And please don’t kill anybody.”

Colton laughed. “I’ll try. Don’t worry about me. I can handle myself.” He flexed his arms, making his massive biceps bulge.

“I know you can.” He reached up, wrapped his hands around those biceps, and gave them a squeeze. “You’re my big, bad wolf. And I am so proud to be your pup.”

If it wouldn’t have hurt his tough-guy image, Colton would have melted into a puddle of tears. Instead, he leaned down and kissed his boy slowly and sensually, their tongues tangling in each other.

When Colton broke the kiss, he dropped his forehead on Parker’s shoulder.

“Do you think anyone would notice if we just left?” Parker whispered into Colton’s neck.

Colton chuckled. “Probably.”

“So I can’t even tempt you with the promise of sex?”

They both laughed. “You tempt me more than you know.”

They were interrupted when the rumbling diesel engine of Jed’s monster truck pulled up next to Colton’s car. Jed and Trey jumped out of the truck.

“What the fuck is going on?” Jed asked Colton, his eyes wide as he looked at the newly mated couple. “What’s Parker doing here?”

Trey looked at Parker and blinked. “Holy shit.”

Jed turned, took another look, then leaned in and sniffed Parker. His eyes widened even further when he saw the bite scar on Parker’s neck. “Holy fuck.”

Colton stepped forward and gave Jed a nudge backwards. “Back away from my mate.”

Jed held his hands up defensively. “Dude. Come on. For the last time, you know I’m not trying to hit on your pup—er, Parker.”

Trey’s jaw hung open. “My dad said the meeting was called because someone in the pack bit a human—turned him without permission. I was praying that it wasn’t you, but I should have known. But you didn’t just turn him. No, you mated him. I can smell it.”

“I repeat: Holy. Fuck. How did you do it?” Jed asked. “Mate him, I mean?”

Colton spoke matter-of-factly. “I bit his neck and drank from him while I came inside him.”

Parker coughed and choked, looking at Colton with shock. “Colton!”

“What?” He shrugged. “That’s how it happened.” He looked back at Trey. “Did you find anything?”

Trey shook his head. “No. We thought we found a scent trail by the old water tower. We followed it down to the ravine, but it just disappeared.”

“Are you talking about the grey wolf?” Parker asked.

Colton reached up and rubbed his fingers through the back of Parker’s hair. “Don’t worry about it. We’re looking for him.”

“I thought he was a wild wolf. But he’s one of you— I mean, one of us.”

“Yes,” Colton grunted.

“But why would he attack me? I haven’t done anything.”

“We don’t know what he wants,” said Trey. “It could be a coincidence. Or he could have smelled Colton on you and it was a territory claim.”

Colton ground his teeth and started to growl until Parker nudged him in the ribs with an elbow.

The yard was starting to fill up with cars. Colton checked the time. As he looked around, he saw that everyone was watching him and Parker. He really wished he could shield Parker from all of this. It was time to get this shit over with. Then he could get back to being with his pup.

“Let’s go.”

Colton grabbed Parker’s hand and pulled him close. Trey and Jed flanked the couple, and they proudly walked in formation to the backyard where the pack was gathering.

 

* * * *

 

Parker tried not to be nervous. He tried to remain calm. Colton was on his left side, with Jed close on his right. Trey was also nearby. He was safe. There was no doubt the three would protect him with their lives. So what if he was walking into a field full of lycan shapeshifting werewolves? So what if they were prejudiced against him because he’s human? Er, was human.

No big deal.

Yeah, right!

Parker could tell that all eyes were on him, the newcomer that had been turned without permission. The way they were all looking at him made him feel really uneasy.

His eyes widened as he looked around the field and recognized many of the faces. The cop that caught them making out at the old water tower, Deputy Green, stood among several other uniformed officers. He recognized one of his father’s golfing buddies standing with the cops.

He also recognized Principal Shaw. Mr. Shaw’s hard gaze made Parker drop his eyes to the ground. Homophobic asshole.

Parker couldn’t miss the Stone family. Jed’s four brothers stood with a woman he assumed was Jed’s mom and an older girl that must have been the sister. They weren’t paying any attention to Parker; they were all watching Jed.

A muscular black man wearing an expensive business suit motioned Trey to join him and the statuesque woman standing with him. Trey shook his head and remained with Parker and Colton.

Parker drew in a sharp breath when he saw a small group of guys from school, all of them wearing blue and white letter jackets. Seth Forrest stood in front of the group, arms folded over his chest, with a smarmy smirk on his face. Parker really wanted to slap that look off his face.

Shell’s boyfriend Curtis was among the jocks standing with Seth. Parker and Curtis exchanged a look.

He would need to talk to Colton about Curtis.

They walked towards Colton’s dad, dressed in his brown deputy’s uniform, speaking with Sheriff Forrest — Alpha Forrest. Jed’s father stood off to the side of the Alpha, looking menacing with his arms folded across his chest.

As if they sensed the quartet’s approach, they turned and looked at Colton, then Parker.

Even without his sheriff’s uniform, his massive size and his voice would have conveyed his authority. Sheriff Forrest was without a doubt the leader of this pack. He turned to Jed’s father and quietly spoke.

Jed’s father nodded, and moved to stand with his family. He looked upon Jed with a small smile that looked completely out of place on his stern face.

“Colton Butler,” Alpha Forrest spoke. He spoke normally, but his voice seemed to carry throughout the field as if he shouted. “Step forward.”

Colton gave Parker’s hand a final squeeze, then let go. He held his chin up high as he walked right up to the Alpha and stood directly in front of him.

Parker moved slightly closer to Jed. Trey stepped sideways, closing the gap. Parker felt his nerves settle a little bit. He would be protected. It was Colton he was worried about. He didn’t want Colton to be punished. No one would tell him what the punishments were, and all sorts of horrible things ran through his head. None was worse than being separated from Colton. He couldn’t imagine living without the man.

“Colton Butler. You have been accused of breaking one of our most sacred laws: turning a human. How do you plead?”

Colton crossed his arms across his chest. “Not guilty.” He then added as an afterthought, “Alpha.”

“He lies!” Seth Forrest shouted as he stepped forward. His finger pointed at Parker accusingly. “Even a blind man could see that bite mark.”

The alpha glanced back at his son with narrowed, focused eyes. When they flashed a bright, glowing amber, Seth immediately dropped his head and stepped back into his place.

Satisfied, the alpha turned his focus back to Colton. He dropped his voice, but his tone became icy, and he was practically growling. “Try again, pup.”

Colton ground his teeth and suppressed an offended growl. He was no pup, and he made it clear he didn’t like being called one. “Not. Guilty. Parker is my mate. Yes, I bit him, but it was on instinct. My wolf would no longer be denied what was his.”

The entire crowd erupted in gasps and chatter.

“Silence,” the wolf leader commanded, and the crowd immediately quieted. He turned to Parker. “Step forward, whelp.”

Parker wanted to turn and run, but something compelled him to obey the powerful wolf. He clearly didn’t move fast enough because Trey put a hand on his back, and gave him a push forward. Parker kept his eyes on the alpha’s black uniform boots as he walked forward to stand next to Colton.

Before Parker could react, the alpha had grabbed his head. Using a grip like a vise, he turned Parker’s head and titled it to the side, fingernails digging uncomfortably into his skin. Parker pressed his lips together to keep the pained whimper from escaping, but his trembling couldn’t be helped. He didn’t like the big man’s rough hands on him.

Apparently neither did Colton, because Parker could hear a low warning growl coming from his mate.

Ignoring Colton, the alpha leaned in and sniffed Parker, then let out a disgusted grunt.

Colton’s growling increased in both volume and intensity.

Alpha’s head snapped towards Colton. “I would back down if I were you, pup.”

Colton gritted his teeth and balled his fists, but stopped his growling.

Alpha stepped back. He looked at Parker like he had a bad taste his mouth. “The accusation is null. He is Colton’s mate.”

Seth pushed forward, completely outraged. “What! Men can’t mate with men!” Several in the pack shouted their agreement. “He can’t breed pups with that faggot!”

Colton spun on his heels and snarled. His arm shot up, and he gripped Seth by the throat and squeezed.

“Enough, Colton.”

Colton ignored the alpha’s command. He squeezed harder and Seth’s face turned red. Seth’s hands gripped and pulled at Colton’s arms as he struggled in vain to free himself.

Parker was frozen in fear; he didn’t know what to do.

The Alpha stepped forward. His voice was low and dangerous, directed at Colton. “I am not accustomed to having my orders ignored. That is twice I’ve had to correct you tonight. Let him go. Now.”

Colton gave Seth a shove, knocking him backward, reluctantly doing as the alpha commanded.

The alpha glared at his son. “I have made my decision.” Finally, he took in a deep breath and let it go. Even in a calm state, his body language exuded power and strength. “Does anyone have a problem with this?” He glanced around the pack members, looking for any challenges to his authority.

Seth spit on Colton’s boot. Leaning in, his voice dropped to a whisper. “I hope you enjoy my sloppy seconds.”

Colton’s chest heaved and his pupils dilated. His voice dropped in pitch and became a snarl. “You. I knew it was you. You tried to rape my mate.”

Colton’s shirt ripped down the back as his muscles began to ripple. His body grew in size and width, black fur sprouting all over his skin. With a mighty roar, he backhanded Seth, sending the muscular teen flying through the air as if he weighed nothing.

The crowd gasped and stepped back as the two-legged werewolf hybrid ripped his shredded shirt and pants off, and tossed them aside.

The Colton beast advanced on Seth.

“Holy fucking shit!” Jed sputtered. “He can do a partial shift. He’s an alpha.”

Parker looked from Jed back to Colton, but didn’t have time to really let Jed’s words sink in. He knew Colton was close to being out of control. When he told Colton what Seth had tried to do to him in the locker room, he had known it would come to this if Colton ever found out who it was.

Seth pushed up to his feet to defend himself, but he was too late. Colton’s arm slashed out. Angry claw marks bloomed red across Seth’s chest as his blood began spilling. Seth fell into a whimpering heap on the ground as his body started to morph.

Now a large black wolf with grey streaks and a bloody chest, Seth shrugged out from under his clothes, pushed to his feet to snap and growl at Colton. He lunged and leapt for Colton’s throat. Colton slammed his fist into the side of Seth’s head, sending him smashing into the earth.

Seth was simply no match for Colton’s alpha hybrid form.

With an ear shattering roar, Colton advanced, fully prepared to end the fight once and for all.

“Colton! Stop.” Colton’s father intervened, but Colton ignored him.

“Colton Butler!” Alpha Forrest shouted. “Back down! Shift!”

Colton tilted his head back and howled angrily. Ignoring the commands of his elders, he dropped down to one knee at Seth’s side and raised his arm. His claws were already dripping with Seth’s blood, ready to deal the final death blow.

Parker ran forward to his mate. “Colton,” he whispered as he grabbed the furred paw, covering the bloody claws in his hand. “Don’t.”

“Colton! Don’t make me tell you again.” The alpha’s teeth dropped and claws extended from his fingers, ready to strike.

Parker tugged at Colton’s arm. Colton turned and looked up at him. Parker could see the rage in his dark eyes, the instinctual need to protect and avenge his mate. Those deep brown eyes stared deep into Parker’s. Parker somehow remained calm, and he tried to direct those feelings toward his big, bad wolf. He reached down and cupped his hand on Colton’s furry cheek. “Colton.”

The ears on top of Colton’s head started to shrink as did the jaw filled with razor-sharp fangs. The body hair receded and the claws retracted as his body shrank down to its normal size.

A very human-looking, fully naked Colton stood up and stared down at Parker. He grabbed a fistful of Parker’s hair, slanted his head, and then claimed his mate’s mouth in a feral kiss.

When he ended the kiss, he grabbed Parker’s hand, and pulled him close. He led him back to the alpha and stood before him, naked as the day he was born, with Parker at his side, their hands clasped and fingers intertwined together.

The alpha stared at Colton, who defiantly stared back, meeting his eyes. After several moments of neither backing down, the alpha finally spoke. “You need to leave.”

Carlton Butler stepped forward, whispering, “Alpha….”

Colton blinked, finally backing down from the alpha’s gaze. “You’re exiling me?”

“Yes. It’s time for you to leave and start your own pack. It’s what I did when I was your age, when my own mate triggered my change. You can’t stay here. You’re already too disruptive. I won’t have you destroy my pack.”

Carlton’s voice dropped to just below a whisper. “Alpha, if you banish Colton, you’re going to lose him, and possibly his friends. They are all strong wolves, and can give the pack strong pups.”

Alpha Forrest scoffed, looking between Colton, Parker, Jed, and Trey. “None of those boys is going to be making any pups. I’ve made my decision.”

Carlton nodded and stepped back. “Yes, Alpha.”

“I accept exile,” Colton said, taking Alpha’s decision like the man he’d become.

“The pack owns a small, abandoned campground at the edge of the county near the village of Timber. You can rent it from us and relocate there.”

Colton shook his head. “No. You’ll sell it to us outright at fair market value. And I want the village in my territory.”

Alpha Forrest narrowed his eyes at Colton, then started to chuckle. “You’re an arrogant little fucker. I’m glad to be done with you. Fine, I agree.”

“What?” Seth cried as he pushed to his feet. The naked jock stood upright with difficulty. His breathing was labored, and he clutched at his scabbed-over, healing chest wounds. “That was supposed to be mine,” he wheezed.

The alpha turned to his son, his voice icy with disappointment. “That was before you lost a challenge, and then got your ass whooped. Once again. Now mind your place, boy.”

“Yes, father,” Seth replied through gritted teeth. He reluctantly stepped back and moved to stand next to TJ. His face was red with anger, directed at Colton, who ignored him as if he didn’t exist.

Alpha Forrest turned back to Colton. He raised his voice for everyone to hear. “Colton Butler, you are no longer part of this pack. You can stay in the city until graduation, then I want you and your mate gone. You’ll do your runs out at the camp; I don’t want to see your wolf in my territory. Stay off my lands. I won’t be as patient next time you cross me.”

Parker nearly jumped out of his skin when Jed moved in next to him. He looked up at the bigger man, who folded his arms across his chest, and stared straight ahead. Parker looked to the other side of Colton, where Trey now stood.

Colton glanced at Trey and then Jed, who both nodded at him. He then looked Alpha Forrest square in the eye. “In addition to my mate, I take my beta and my enforcer with me.”

Alpha Forrest held out his hand. “Agreed.”

Colton shook it. “Agreed.”

He gave his father one last look, and after Carlton nodded respectfully, he turned back to his friends.

“Let’s go, Timber Pack.”

“Yes, Alpha,” Trey answered proudly and respectfully. Jed and Parker quickly replied the same way.

Jed and Trey flanked Colton and Parker.

The Forest View Pack parted to allow the newly formed Timber Pack to leave the field.

Copyright © 2014 Rob Colton; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 74
  • Love 29
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

So that's it? Seth gets away with his attempt to rape Parker? Oh, I'd be having me some Alpha-kabobs roasting over an open fire. And what exactly did he mean when he said that they wouldn't be making an pups? I understand Colton and Parker and maybe Jed but Trey is heterosexual. He'll make pups. Was that a foreshadow of what is to come in the story?

  • Love 3
Link to comment

Superbly rewarding, that's about the best it could go for the shit hitting the fan.  ~chuckle~  The age, actions, the inner and outer dialog for the teens is spot on, and the Seth reveal was spectacular!  The adults continue to underestimate their potential, yet there is a lot of crap to figure out for our little pack.  Trey isn't gay, yet how will college play out?  I think the Alpha was generous with a place to go, yet it's a broken down mess.  There's also still a dangerous wolf out there that's after either Colton or Parker.  Your exceptional chapter of resolutions has actually upped the ante on several fronts.  One of the best crafted stories I've read in a while, an instant classic for me.  :2thumbs:

  • Love 3
Link to comment

Oh dear Colton just goes all cave man butch too much, I think that he handled that badly. Seth is going to be in huge trouble once his father finds out he has got a girl pregnant 

  • Love 2
Link to comment

 Can’t wait to see Parker’s parents reaction.  I hope it doesn’t hurt him too much because I don’t think it will be good.

 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
raven1

Posted (edited)

I agree with all the comments, especially @Ms. V great analysis.  I do suspect the pack will do well at their new pack home, especially when they get ride of the grey wolf.  I also expect some of the younger members of Forrest View Wolf Pack to leave and join the new pack soon.  Curtis is one that comes to mind.  Great writing and great chapter.

Edited by raven1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..