Jump to content
    Robert Rex
  • Author
  • 1,707 Words
  • 4,639 Views
  • 30 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Lion's Lair - 5. Problem Solved?

We'd only been in the car for a few minutes, and I couldn't stand it any longer; I had to say something. "Benoit, what the fuck was up with you back there? You were a total ass to those guys!"

"Ben, I told you I didn't wanna go there, but you insisted. Not my goal to hang out in a gay bar with a bunch of fags."

He managed to hit several hot buttons there. 'First of all, I asked before we headed there, and you said ok. Second, Ben is a good man, and a friend, and the other guys there are, too--they're not just 'fags' as you called 'em; they're good folks. Third, I see them, and other people in that bar, around town both socially and professionally--and I need to maintain friendly relationships with them. This town isn't that big. I just wish you'd been more friendly, that's all."

"Look, I don't give a shit over what you do with any of 'em; they have nothing to do with me. I don't know how many times I've got to fuckin’ tell ya, I'm not queer. I like how you take care of my dick, but beyond that, I have absolutely no god-damned interest in being around a bunch of prim and proper faggots. Hell, I'm only going dancing tonight because you want it. Plenty of other places in the Quarter we could go and have fun than with a bunch of sweaty shirtless queers."

We've had this discussion multiple times before. It still amazes me that, even though he really enjoys the sex we have, he still seems to be in such denial about who he is. I guess its part of that “I'm a total bad-ass total top" attitude he's got. Or maybe it's something in his background, although we’ve never really talked about it--and he certainly doesn't volunteer anything about his past.

And if I'm being honest, the sex with him is hot as hell. Rough, rowdy, almost violent. The few bruises I've gotten, along with the sore nipples and tender ass after he paddled and fucked me were reminders the next day or so of just how outrageous the sex has been. Certainly not the slower vanilla sex I've done with other guys.

"Just please don't disappear this time like you did last time. It was almost two hours before I could find ya after we'd gotten split up at Emerald City. I like having you around." I take my eyes off the road for a second to turn and smile at him.

"Aw, you know I’ve got too much energy to just stand around with a drink in hand. I like to be on the move ... but I'll try not to disappear for too long, ok?" Benoit slumps against the door as though he's just made a great concession.

There's a couple of minutes of silence. Not necessarily uncomfortable, but waiting to be filled. Benoit pulls out a joint, lights it up, cracks the window a little, and inhales deeply. "Maybe we can go over to the Eagle tonight. A guy last week said they had a back room with a sling. It'd be fun to fuck ya in a sling, and let everyone watch. Hell, maybe tie ya into the sling and I can watch when I let a few other guys fuck ya. You'd like that, wouldn't ya, Ben?" And that last line is more statement than question.

Hell, it's only been a couple of weeks since I checked him out in the gym's sauna; he’s the one who made the moves on me. When did I lose control on all of this? Why can't I just say no to the guy?

It's going to be a long night.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Ryan's holding the door as I carry our round of fresh drinks to the patio. I'm a little concerned about what he's going to say. Has he already decided he’s not interested in me? I don't think I've done anything, but ....

"Clayton, how about over there? If you don't mind sitting on one of the deck steps, that’d put us at the same seated height."

"That works, Ryan." We move to the broad deck steps, I put the drinks beside me, between me on the steps and Ryan's chair, along with an ashtray I've snagged from one of the tables on the upper deck if Ryan decides to have a smoke.

"It's just so nice outside, I thought it'd be a change of pace to be out here a little while. Besides, we can chat without shouting over the music and have a little privacy, too."

Uh oh... here it comes ....

"Clayton, I wanna be up front with you. I know I said thanks for the great date last night, but I wanna tell you again, that was one of the best dates anyone could ask for. And the way we ended it without you doing a hard-core push for a fast fuck .... well, I really appreciated that." Ryan's bashfully smiling as he says it.

"Trust me, it was my real pleasure."

"And that's what makes it so hard to say what I'm about to say--it was just so ... well, perfect. But the therapist I had when I was first getting used to the idea of being without legs always said that it's best to just deal with these things honestly and directly. Kinda like pulling the Band-Aid off all at once."

If you're dumping me, just get on with it!

"I'm just not the kind of guy that can match what you did last night, Clayton. I can't compete; hell, I can't even come close. I'm just a good ole farm boy from Nebraska, I struggle to make ends meet; you've obviously got me beaten to hell and back on social skills. Shit, I've never even heard you curse." He smiles when he realizes he just swore when he commented on my lack of profanity. "And, other than both of us having big-ass hearts, there's no way I'm measuring up to you. You've got the experience and social connections and broad expanse of knowledge that I just don't have.“ He pauses to look at his stubs for a minute, and that meaning comes through loud and clear. "And yet, you're one of the most appealing men I've ever met. I guess what I’m saying is ...."

He’s every bit as insecure with all of this as I am!

I guess it was that realization, or maybe a tension relief, but a long belly laugh bubbles up from deep within. Ryan's looking at me like I've grown a set of alien horns.

"Clayton?"

I finally catch my breath, and look at him. "Ryan, move over here by me, ok?" He deftly maneuvers his way out of his chair, and seats himself next to me. I grab his hand, and look in his eyes.

"Ryan, you need to fuckin' forget all that goddamn bullshit you've got cycling in that good-looking head of yours." I'm smiling, since I've made a point to include the cursing, and Ryan gets it, too, and grins as well.

It's a good start to lightening up this conversation.

"You're trying to be up-front with me, and I'm going to do the same. And the real point you're making is that you're every bit as much caught off guard and insecure with me as I am with you. This isn't a competition, Ryan. Yeah, a comparison, maybe, but not a competition. You've got your strengths, and I've got mine. And I'm every bit as in the dark about what's going on between us as you are. All I know is that I want to get to know you better--and that's a strong feeling. I'm not rushing, but I'm not letting this slide by, whatever "this" is. Now, are we on the same page?"

I lean in just a little, and Ryan takes advantage to give me a quick affirming kiss. And, after the kiss, Ryan smiles an endearingly crooked smile and nods. "One day, I wanna be able to do that."

"What?"

"Get to the heart of things that clearly. You've got insights I don't."

I'm laughing again. "That's just a function of age and experience. When you get to this age and stage, it's easier to cut to the chase."

Ryan looks, smiles, then a combination serious/curious expression appears on his square-jawed face. "How old are ya, Clayton?"

The moment of truth.

Deep breath. "I'm ....."

Ryan's quick to interrupt me. "Look, Clayton, it's not a big deal." He shrugs his shoulders. "I don't think of you as 'old Clayton"' or anything like that; you’re just the attractive Clayton I'm interested in." There's that charming smile again. "If you don't wanna talk about this now, that's fine. Just know it's a curiosity and nothing more, ok?"

Another deep breath. "I'm 62.'

Ryan just nods. "I'm 34. And you don't look or act 62. Seriously, it's not an issue. You've got plenty of other qualities that are dragging me in. And it's not like I've got Daddy issues."

"Glad to hear it. You call me 'Daddy', I'll take it as permission to spank your ass when I decide you need it."

Ryan fist-pumps the air. "Yes! Now you're talking--a little kink!"

We're both laughing at this point, as Ryan leans in for another kiss I happily provide. "Seriously, Clayton, it's really not an issue. I don't know how to explain the attraction I have for you, but it's there, and I'm not gonna run from it. If we can work past our insecurities, we'll do just fine. And I'm committing to do that with you and see where it goes. Deal?"

"Deal."

"Now, Clayton, feel better about you, me, us?"

"Yes."

Ryan's grinning a wicked grin, his eyebrow cocked above an right eye. "And kink can be good!", he winks.

I'm laughing as I kiss him.

Obviously, we've got some work ahead. And maybe I'm getting closer to letting him know the "secret" me. At least I'm feeling good about that level of openness.

Problem solved?

I appreciate your "likes" and comments--they make a real difference!
Copyright © 2016 Robert Rex; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 47
  • Love 5
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



It's nice to know they are honest with each other and want the same thing. So don't keep them and us wating for too long. ;) I have the feeling sparks are gonna fly. :P

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 02/04/2016 11:46 PM, Timothy M. said:

It's nice to know they are honest with each other and want the same thing. So don't keep them and us wating for too long. ;) I have the feeling sparks are gonna fly. :P

It IS nice that they're able to talk directly. And no, you won't have long to wait to view the sparks...another chapter will be out next Thursday.

THANK YOU for reading and the comments! For whatever reason, this has been a tough story to tell, and the comments/reviews/likes have kept me moving on it. Thank you for that!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Hope Ben is happy when he is strapped into the sling.....can't really comment one way or the other as, personally I've never been in that position...just hope he makes wise choices regarding Benoit....hot is great, but not at the price of whoring yourself out.........Off my soap box now
What is hot.....tentative steps,nervous admissions and tender kisses..........you struck gold again Rex...........:)Mike

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Honest is good. Too much soul-purging unworthiness crap is not. If Ryan and Clayton can relate to the apprehensions each one has, fantastic. If they can explore each other without competition or fear, even better. That they feel comfortable enough with each other to agree that this is possible is already grand. Ryan and Clayton are already people I'd like to meet. Thanks for introducing us.
As for Ben and Benoit, it sounds as if Ben could be in for a very rough ride.
Great chapter, love how you are developing these characters.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/05/2016 01:25 AM, flamingo136 said:

Hope Ben is happy when he is strapped into the sling.....can't really comment one way or the other as, personally I've never been in that position...just hope he makes wise choices regarding Benoit....hot is great, but not at the price of whoring yourself out.........Off my soap box now

What is hot.....tentative steps,nervous admissions and tender kisses..........you struck gold again Rex...........:)Mike

Aw, Mike, thanks for the kind words!

I think the real issue with Ben/Benoit is who's in charge. Almost sounds like Benoit is out of control, and for whatever reason, Ben can't/won't stop him. Not a good sign.

Isn't it remarkable how Ryan and Clayton as both in sync on this stuff? Both insecure--with separate issues--but insecure nonetheless, and yet still willing to risk it to try to make something work? Maybe that's a good sign of things ahead.

Thanks for the comments buddy---I really appreciate it!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/05/2016 02:20 AM, Parker Owens said:

Honest is good. Too much soul-purging unworthiness crap is not. If Ryan and Clayton can relate to the apprehensions each one has, fantastic. If they can explore each other without competition or fear, even better. That they feel comfortable enough with each other to agree that this is possible is already grand. Ryan and Clayton are already people I'd like to meet. Thanks for introducing us.

As for Ben and Benoit, it sounds as if Ben could be in for a very rough ride.

Great chapter, love how you are developing these characters.

Thanks, Parker--your comments mean a lot coming from an accomplished writer like you!

I'm thinking at this point that Ryan and Clayton are too far in sync to NOT have a sparkling relationship. As for Ben and Benoit ... well, Ben is (I think) in WAY over his head--and there's too many unknowns about Benoit. We'll see.

The thing about all these characters is that I'm trying to develop subtle nuances with all of them. (Yeah, you're gonna hafta read between the lines for their full characters!) It's far too easy for me to use a sledgehammer approach to stamping a character's outline, so I'm trying with this tale to mend my ways!

Again--thanks for the kind words, guy! I appreciate it!

Link to comment

Clayton and Ryan may be on the way to solving their problem, but I'm afraid Ben's is just beginning.

 

Great chapter Rex. You can feel the little barriers starting to break down between the two guys.
Whatever they have will be interesting to watch!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

So happy that Clayton and Ryan are on the same page...a happy one!!! :thumbup: But...and that's a big but...hehehe...I sure hope Ben's spiral into "Benoit's BS", doesn't cause him to get hurt and he decide that Clayton is his only savior!!!!! :evil: Hopefully if that happens, Ryan will have his new legs working and in order to kick some serious butt about HIS man! :fight: Anywhooo, really great chapter, Rex (nothing unusual about that) and looking forward to the next chapter...due tomorrow, right?? :kiss::thankyou:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/05/2016 02:47 AM, skinnydragon said:

Clayton and Ryan may be on the way to solving their problem, but I'm afraid Ben's is just beginning.

 

Great chapter Rex. You can feel the little barriers starting to break down between the two guys.

Whatever they have will be interesting to watch!

Thanks for the kind words, Skinny!

Poor Ben...for a normally sharp attorney, he's seemingly clueless about what's going on, isn't he? Clayton and Ryan, hell, seem to be damn near ready to finish each other's sentences!

Thanks for reading and following along with the story--and for your kind comments!

Link to comment
On 02/05/2016 02:49 AM, Onim said:

So happy that Clayton and Ryan are on the same page...a happy one!!! :thumbup: But...and that's a big but...hehehe...I sure hope Ben's spiral into "Benoit's BS", doesn't cause him to get hurt and he decide that Clayton is his only savior!!!!! :evil: Hopefully if that happens, Ryan will have his new legs working and in order to kick some serious butt about HIS man! :fight: Anywhooo, really great chapter, Rex (nothing unusual about that) and looking forward to the next chapter...due tomorrow, right?? :kiss::thankyou:

Onim, thanks for the kind words....but tomorrow for a new chapter? Don't ya want a little suspense in this tale?

Ben and Clayton's relationship was interesting before; neither man acknowledged it to the other as anything other than a casual fling. I'm wondering if Clayton is gonna pick up on Ben's relationship uncertainties just as instinctively? We'll see.

But, as you say, Ryan is certainly invested enough at this point with Clayton that even in a wheelchair he'll still kick ass when needed. (Don't ya just love that kind of loving possessiveness?)

Thanks for sticking with the tale...and your always gracious comments!

Link to comment

It's kind of awesome when you know what you want and what you're working toward. There's none of that second guessing BS. After a certain age it's more tiresome and I'm so happy that Clay and Ryan are past that. They fit so easy. Sure everything won't be peachy but I'm hoping they won't consciously let their insecurities get the better of them. Now we, I mean they can get to the good stuff!
What the hay is up with the Bens? That's the big question my mind..

 

Great chapter Robert!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/05/2016 01:43 PM, Defiance19 said:

It's kind of awesome when you know what you want and what you're working toward. There's none of that second guessing BS. After a certain age it's more tiresome and I'm so happy that Clay and Ryan are past that. They fit so easy. Sure everything won't be peachy but I'm hoping they won't consciously let their insecurities get the better of them. Now we, I mean they can get to the good stuff!

What the hay is up with the Bens? That's the big question my mind..

 

Great chapter Robert!

Glad ya liked the chapter! (and sorry for the delayed response...it's Mardi Gras weekend here, so.... )

It really is great to see how Clayton and Ryan have clicked. Perfect example of "when it's right, it's right". The Bens, on the other hand, seem to be the exact opposite--really feels at this point like it's an out-of-control relationship.

Thanks for following along, and for the nice comments!

Link to comment

I really like the honesty between Clayton and Ryan. I like that a relationship isn't constrained by age or conventional abilities. Way to go Robert!
I also like the way you bring in characters from your previous story so we can get a glimpse of their ongoing lives too.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 02/08/2016 10:42 AM, Zenith said:

I really like the honesty between Clayton and Ryan. I like that a relationship isn't constrained by age or conventional abilities. Way to go Robert!

I also like the way you bring in characters from your previous story so we can get a glimpse of their ongoing lives too.

Thanks for the kind words, Zenith!

It's a remarkably direct relationship that Clayton and Ryan are building--both seem comfortable in just diving in, hitting issue head on.

As for the other characters, they DO feel like old friends that we're catching up with; this story is giving us a chance to see a different perspective on their personalities that we didn't get to have in their stories.

THANK YOU for reading/following the tale/leaving your comments. I appreciate it!

Link to comment

Nice and honest, straight about things, no games so refreshing. Go and live, not like we have another life. So go and enjoy this one.
The Bens ... well, I'd just keep teling to go away.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 02/14/2016 07:09 AM, Mikiesboy said:

Nice and honest, straight about things, no games so refreshing. Go and live, not like we have another life. So go and enjoy this one.

The Bens ... well, I'd just keep teling to go away.

Think that's one of the things so appealing about men "of a certain age"...the gamesmanship is done. Helps, too, that Ryan is at that same point simply because of his circumstances.

Thanks for the continue reading!

Link to comment

Great chapter, Rex. I enjoyed the talk. Either Ben is an idiot or he sees something no one else does. Benoit would have to change a lot for me to be able to stand him. Sounds like he's all about his dick and his ego. Unfortunately, there are just too many of those in real life. Ryan and Clayton, on the other hand, are looking for something real... cheers... Gary...

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 02/21/2016 04:01 AM, Headstall said:

Great chapter, Rex. I enjoyed the talk. Either Ben is an idiot or he sees something no one else does. Benoit would have to change a lot for me to be able to stand him. Sounds like he's all about his dick and his ego. Unfortunately, there are just too many of those in real life. Ryan and Clayton, on the other hand, are looking for something real... cheers... Gary...

Think it's a case, Gary, of Ben's just kinda fallen into something, and he doesn't know how to manage it--so it's just letting it run. No thinking, just sex.

Ryan and Clayton are definitely solid enough to work through things, and like you, I'm feeling good about it!

Thanks for the comments/review!

Link to comment

You've reached Bloody Author status with this chapter. You mention a sling and that's the end of it? Last time I was at the Eagle in NO was in 2010, I don't recall a back room... I would have shown it to Troy lol

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 02/29/2016 03:46 AM, Carlos Hazday said:

You've reached Bloody Author status with this chapter. You mention a sling and that's the end of it? Last time I was at the Eagle in NO was in 2010, I don't recall a back room... I would have shown it to Troy lol

LOL! We'll just hafta host ya in and do a newer tour of the city--lots of changes here! (The baths are now being made into CONDOS! LOL) And, as a part of your tour, we'll take you upstairs to the play area..it now has it's own well-equipped floor.

Thanks for continuing on with the story, buddy...I appreciate it!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 04/04/2016 10:18 AM, Fae Briona said:

Loved the chapter - though I think Ben needs to jump and run from his "date"

Glad you're enjoying the story, Fae...and you're right, Benoit is bad news. What the hell is Ben thinking?

I appreciate your comments! Hope you'll continue with the tale--and the input!

Link to comment

I can't believe I did not comment the first time I read this story. I like the relationship Clayton and Eric have honest and not beating around the bush.
Like that made Benoit say Sup. That Clayton is something like 28 years older than Eric escaped me last time. They are good for each other.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 2/4/2016 at 3:46 PM, Timothy M. said:

It's nice to know they are honest with each other and want the same thing. So don't keep them and us wating for too long. ;) I have the feeling sparks are gonna fly. :P

Yep. I think those sparks are gonna be very bright. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 2/4/2016 at 5:25 PM, flamingo136 said:

Hope Ben is happy when he is strapped into the sling.....can't really comment one way or the other as, personally I've never been in that position...just hope he makes wise choices regarding Benoit....hot is great, but not at the price of whoring yourself out.........Off my soap box now
What is hot.....tentative steps,nervous admissions and tender kisses..........you struck gold again Rex...........:)Mike

I agree. As hot as that kind of sex can be, i doubt it is the kind that will stay the course. Ben should be careful. 

Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..