Jump to content
  • Join Gay Authors

    Join us for free and follow your favorite authors and stories.

Behind the Walls

   (11 reviews)

Aouli 'Blue' Māhoe-Rivers is a high school senior who loves photography. One day, he skips school to snap some pictures, only to find a wall. Now, he wants to know what's behind it.

Copyright © 2024 Secret Author; All Rights Reserved.
  • Signature Author
  • 07/27/2024 (Updated: 07/27/2024)
  • 1 Chapters
  • 6,983 Words
  • 2,705 Views
  • 50 Comments
  • Teen
  • Complete

Story Recommendations (12 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 6
  • Characters 12
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 9
  • Feel-Good 11
  • Humor 1
  • Smoldering 2
  • Tearjerker 1
  • Unique 9
  • World Building 2

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 6,983 Words
    • 1,266 Views
    • 50 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

W_L

· Edited by W_L

   11 of 11 members found this review helpful 11 / 11 members

Not your standard aimless teen story on GA, some interesting soul searching and a good message about finding "love" rather than conforming or having anxieties over expectations, people can change and grow to what they want. That's ultimately the principle behind this story.

"Finding home" is just as important is "Finding family" :) 

Response from the author:

Thanks, WL, for your humbling review. You are correct that "Finding home" is just as important as "Finding family." Thanks again.

  • Like 1
  • Love 9
Link to review
Mancunian

   11 of 11 members found this review helpful 11 / 11 members

This is a well-written smouldering love story based around a secret garden that should not be missed. Read and be drawn into the story by Blue and Bea, you will enjoy it.

Response from the author:

Thank you, Mancunian. I'm glad you enjoyed the story. I appreciate the review.

  • Like 1
  • Love 9
Link to review
chris191070

   10 of 10 members found this review helpful 10 / 10 members

A wonderful short story about a Secret Garden.

You need to read this wonderful story, to be drawn Into the story of Beau and Blue.

Thanks secret author for a wonderful story.

Response from the author:

Thank you, chris. I appreciate you reading and your review. I'm glad you enjoyed it.  :) 

  • Like 1
  • Love 9
Link to review
astone2292

   9 of 9 members found this review helpful 9 / 9 members

A must-read, both during and after the Secret Author contest. The layering of the theme "Hidden" is extensive. A tale of self-discovery and realization, this one is worth reading. 

Excellent work, Secret Author!

Response from the author:

Thank you for your kind review. I appreciate it. I'm glad you found it fit the 'Hidden' theme.

  • Like 1
  • Love 8
Link to review
Bill W

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

Have you ever gone to school or worked with someone and never really paid much attention to them, and then in another environment you run across them and hit it off?  That's how this story begins and it turns out to become a love story.  I'll warn you that it's not the typical love story that  you'd find here on Gay Authors, but it's enchanting and very touching.  I would strong suggested it to all readers, especially those looking for a good romance.  

Response from the author:

Thank you, Bill. I'm pleased to know you enjoyed this story. Thank you for reading it and the review.

  • Love 6
Link to review
Headstall

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

Definitely worth the time it takes to read this short story. I recommend you do so. Cheers!

Response from the author:

Thank you for the review, Gary. I appreciate the recommendation.

  • Love 7
Link to review
MichaelS36

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

A sweet tale. I enjoyed all the hidden places and things in this. Very in keeping with the theme. Well written and not to be missed. 

Response from the author:

Thank you, Michael. I'm glad you enjoyed it, and it worked for you. I appreciate the review.

  • Love 7
Link to review
Jason Rimbaud

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

A great story about self-acceptance and finding the strength to declare your truth to those that matter most. A deeply moving story that anyone looking for something more than teen romance, I would say give this a try. 

Response from the author:

Thanks for the kind review, Jason.

  • Love 4
Link to review
kbois

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

This is an amazing tale of one young man's journey to discover his true self.  It follows Blue as he navigates friendship and finding love.  

Thank you tim for this wonderful story with a cute twist of an ending! 

🩷

Response from the author:

Thanks for the kind review, k.  Much appreciated!  Additional thanks for editing this. :) 

  • Love 4
Link to review
Gary L

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

Having read this for a second time I am even more impressed with this delightful tale of love growing as a secret garden is restored.

The writing style is excellent, there are no off notes in the dialogues. Koa is so like a gay parent of an ex student, always pushing, never happy enough, etc. 

And lovers of photography will enjoy Blue’s hobby!

Response from the author:

GaryL, I am delighted to hear you enjoyed this story. Thank you for your kind review. It is greatly appreciated.

  • Love 4
Link to review
Cane23

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

This story is not a fairytale but still, there is a magical garden in it. Seems that everything bloosomes in it, love above all.

@Mikiesboyhas written this beautiful little tale, touching some serious topics as mental strugles, identity seeking and parenting. We see the chalenges many families confront, parents playing a 'good cop/bad cop' strategy and boy torn apart between the wish to be like his fathers and his true nature.

They discover that 'magic' of honest communication, can resolve the problems that might look so difficult at the moment.

When all of this is crowned with true love, secret garden becomes their little piece of haven on earth.

Response from the author:

What a lovely review! I'm so pleased to know you enjoyed this little story. Thank you for taking the time to read and review it.

  • Love 3
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..