Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Cid (working title) - 26. Chapter 26

My beta and I will go over this. I'll list this as an ebook at a future date.

Epilogue

Kellen POV

When school started up in the fall, Kellen and Cid had already chosen their new home; a rental just off campus. It was a loft-style studio; but it was perfect for the two of them. Plus, extra security in case anyone new decided to give them hassle.

Plus, it was Cid’s birthday in a week and he had a huge gift for his soon-to-be-27-yr-old lover. They met up after class and walked a few blocks away from their apartment.

“Where are we headed?”

“You’ll see.” Kellen teased.

It wasn’t five more minutes until they reached their destination. On the outside, it looked like an old, beaten-up warehouse.

“Is this where we’re headed?” Cid asked, a frown on his face. “It’s a dump.”

Admittedly, it wasn’t pretty at all on the outside. “It gets better.” He promised. He led them to the front doors and guided Cid inside.

“Kell, where are we?”

“Hang on, I’ll show you in a minute.”

He led him to the back and through a couple of short hallway with white doors. They kept walking until they found a door with Cid’s name on it.

“Wha?” Cid gasped. “What is this place?” he locked eyes with Kellen.

Not one to spoil the surprise, Kellen pointed to the door. “Open it. It’s your name on there.”

Cid turned and did as he asked and walked into the large, open room. The lights flipped on automatically and they were bathed in bright light. The floors were wooden and stained and led back to a wall of windows which bathed the rest of the area in light.

“What…” Cid faced Kellen again.

“It’s an art studio, just for you.” Kellen finally let the secret be revealed.

Cid cupped his mouth and just stared at him. He moved his hands away. “Mine? This is all mine?”

“Your name is on the door, love. Ta-da!”

“This is all…mine? Just me?”

Kellen laughed. “Yes. I know what your art is to you. This is your refuge.”

Cid cautiously touched the walls and floor. “I dunno what to say. I’m…”

“Well first, do you like it?”

Laughter peeled from his love. “I love it! More…I love you! When? How?”

“My dad told me about it, he works near here. All I told him is you are a great artist and needed space. He did the rest.”

Cid didn’t say another word. He simply ran over to Kellen, threw his arms around him and kissed him soundly.

After a year together, Kellen dropped to one knee and asked Cid to marry him to which of course he said yes!

* * * *

They headed to Scotland for the grand affair.

Kellen had grown a beard in this time and Cid added a lock of blue and white hairs to match his man’s heritage flag.

The female cousins and Kellen’s sister got Cid ready for the ceremony while Kellen was with his brother and male cousins. After all was prepared, they left Cid for a moment alone. He stood at the window and fidgeted with his tam and fly plaid. He decided to go real, and removed his purple contacts.

Footsteps were heard and he turned to see Margaret, Kellen’s mom, comes to see him.

“You are a striking young man.” She complimented.

Cid blushed. “Thank you. You look beautiful too.”

She swatted his arm. “Charmer. Your gall side no doubt.” She took his hand and looked into his eyes. “You love my son?”

“With all my heart ma’am. He has healed me, completely.”

“As you have him. I came to give you this. She held up a velvet box that contained a pin. “It’s been in our family for four generations. Now we add you to our clan.

Cid was speechless as he looked at the antique jewelry. It was mother of pearl and sapphire, arranged in the family crest. “It’s gorgeous.”

Margaret pinned it on his fly plaid. “There. You’ll be a MacPherson officially in a while, but you are in heart now.”

Cid blinked back happy tears. He felt very loved. “Thank you, ma’am.”

“Mom.” She corrected him. “I’m as much a mother for you as I am my other children.”

He smiled wide. “Ok, mom.”

She cupped his face. “Oh sure’en my Kellen didn’t lie about that smile. You light up the whole earth.”

He leaned in and hugged her warmly. “Thank you.”

Margaret held him tight. “For what?”

Cid pulled back. “For accepting me into your family.”

She smoothed his cheek. “You’ve been a lonely lad, now you’ll have our clan to be your family.” She kissed his cheek. “We love you, Cid.”

Unabashedly, Cid blubbed a little. “I love you too.”

He dried his face and she took his hand again. “Pray with me?”

“Ok.” He hadn’t prayed much before but Kellen’s family was very spiritual.

A few minutes later, they went outside and Cid saw Kellen in his full Scottish attire.

Kellen gasped and they looked each other up and down. “Baby you’re showing off your real eyes!”

Cid nodded. “My hair is my art, but my eyes…I wanted the world to see today.”

They all gathered round and there was another prayer said to bless the couple.

At the reception, Cid is enchanted watching Kellen dance. So much so he joins the group and has the time of his life!

After four years together and a new marriage and two college degrees earned they settled into their new life. They bought a house not too far from the art space. It wasn’t long after Cid had his first gallery opening and made $$$ in commissions. Kellen is an engineer and a good wage and benefits for them to live on. They lived happily ever after. J

Copyright © 2018 stephanie l danielson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 14
  • Love 9
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

2 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

Beautiful!!! My only question is billy and frank?

Sequel?? LOL I'm known for sequels but this time I may tack on another chapter later to follow them up (or do another book entirely with their life)

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Very nice ending, I do love a HEA!!!!  Looking forward to a few followup chapters with Billy and Frank or their own epilogue.  Thanks for the story!!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, glennish said:

Very nice ending, I do love a HEA!!!!  Looking forward to a few followup chapters with Billy and Frank or their own epilogue.  Thanks for the story!!

I can work on that as separate chapters or do a long epilogue...either way the betas will shake it out. :)

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
10 minutes ago, BlindAmbition said:

A beautiful ending is all that needs to be said.

Thank you! :) No epilogue on Billy/Frank? (probably get their own tale anyway) 

Edited by stephanie l danielson
  • Like 2
Link to comment

A good ending to a most enjoyable story! But I agree with Wesley8890. What about Billy and Frank? I am going to assume they remained friends, were at each other's weddings, and still get together regularly. Thanks for sharing this story.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, JeffreyL said:

A good ending to a most enjoyable story! But I agree with Wesley8890. What about Billy and Frank? I am going to assume they remained friends, were at each other's weddings, and still get together regularly. Thanks for sharing this story.

I'll do a follow-up with them :)  You're very welcome, thank you for reading!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..