Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Ice Fairy 4 - 14. Chapter 14

Chapter Fourteen

Caleb’s POV

New Year’s Eve! The last day of the year and a very important day, Caleb hoped. It’d been a wonderful last few days as he and Ryan had cocooned themselves into their self-made love nest at home and talking about anything and everything at all that was on their minds.

It’s been cathartic, erotic, relaxing, and just something that Caleb would never, ever forget. The pair had reinforced their love to each other and talked about the future after their final year of school finished up and they went to find jobs as apprentices.

Now all they had to do was shore up plans with their friends to send 2014 away with a grand farewell.

They all planned to gather at Brett’s parent’s house; which was used all the time because it was huge and had enough bedrooms for everyone to crash in later on.

“Hey, figured out what you wanna wear to the party tonight?” Ryan asked his boyfriend on the way to the shower.

Caleb turned and saw his man in only his short robe with a towel slung over his shoulder. Even with dirty hair and unshaven, Ryan was the handsomest, most adorable guy he’d ever laid eyes on. Even over Sam. His feelings for his friend had evaporated; at least as far as anything sexual. That was over and he was glad. He had eyes and desire only for the lean Irishman standing before him.

“Mmm. Not sure yet. Course, thinking of you in very many clothes of late is tough to do.” He grinned seductively. They’d spent the better part of the last four days in bed together. It was their own version of a couples’ retreat, with lots of sex, and sleep, and more sex on top of that.

Ryan smirked and leaned into Caleb’s big body and hung onto him. “You too, Big Guy.” Those lovely green eyes looked up at him and their lips met.

“I’m not sure.” Caleb finally answered. “Jeans are always good, maybe some flannel.”

“Flannel?” Ryan snorted. “Won’t you look like the consummate lumberjack?”

He would for sure, but Caleb didn’t care. They were among friends; this wasn’t a dress-up party at all.

“I’ll be like the Brawny guy or Paul Bunyan.” He joked.

“Mmm. I’ve always thought he was so hot. Now I get the honor of living with a guy who looks just like him.”

Caleb kissed the top of Ryan’s head. “I get the honor of living with you; a fiery Irishman with a sweet personality and smarts that outdo everyone else in the class.”

Ryan blushed. It was true, he was at the top of the class and he was destined to be a great carpenter someday. “Aw shit, Cal.”

“Go on. Take your shower. I’ll be waiting for you when you get out.”

Slowly, Ryan pulled away and put his hand on the doorknob. “I’ll see you soon.” He blew Caleb a kiss and slipped into the bathroom and shut the door behind him.

As tempting as it was to want to join his lover in a watery escapade again; Caleb had bigger things on his mind. The past week the couple had gone through some huge tests and had won. Their love triumphed over all and he was thrilled that both sets of parents saw that. Even Mr. Patterson.

God love ‘im, the old goat finally caved and they two had a long meeting in the garage while Ryan and his mother were preparing dinner. It’d been a great talk and got a lot of things ironed out.

But of course, Caleb had one more item for his beloved Ryan; something that Mrs. Patterson insist he have.

As he laid out his clothes for later that night, Caleb hummed to himself happily, or was it nerves? He didn’t care which actually. He was happy on the inside and outside and was both sad and anxious that this year was ending.

He puttered around the apartment, cleaning up things here and there, opening the mail they’d tossed onto the side table, whatever he could do to keep himself busy. Okay, maybe it was nerves.

As soon as the water shut off, his pulse jumped. He knew Ryan was fairly quick in the bathroom and would be out soon. He had to get everything just right. He went to the bedroom and pulled out what Mrs. Patterson gave him from the top dresser drawer. He’d hidden it under some old bandanas of his so Ryan wouldn’t see it.

At least he hoped he hadn’t.

Gathering his nerves and bravery, he waited patiently for the door to open, which it finally did. Out came a damp-haired, robed Ryan. He looked incredible and irresistible all at once. He looked rested and like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders. Gone was the pained look of regret; it was replaced with a glowing and very calm man.

“Hey, Baby.” Caleb held out his arms and beckoned Ryan to come over to him, which of course, he did. They hugged for a long time and Caleb took a deep whiff of his clean boyfriend. “You smell so nice.”

“Thanks. It’s that new cologne you got me for Christmas.” Ryan replied.

“You smell wonderful, all sexy and masculine.”

“So do you, and that’s just your usual scent.” Ryan rose up on his toes to kiss Caleb’s eager lips.

“My Ryan.” Caleb held him tight for a long moment and they said nothing; they merely basked in the calmness.

“When are you getting ready?” Ryan asked finally.

“Soon.” Caleb swallowed his nerves again. “But I wanted to ask you something first.”

Ryan dabbed his hair with the hand towel he’d tossed over his shoulder. “Ask away, baby.”

He’d said it so nonchalantly, as if it were just another question, but it wasn’t.

Caleb cleared his throat. “Ryebread, remember when we were at your folks’ house and your mom took me away for a bit?”

“Sure do. You guys were gone for a while. She talk your ears off again?” he teased.

Caleb took Ryan’s hand and looked into his eyes seriously. “No, Baby. She had something for me, to give to you. She told me she’d hidden it away and wanted you to have it when you were older; but never told you about it. But she told me.”

Ryan stopped drying his hair and Caleb knew he had his complete attention.

“What? Cal, what did she give to you?”

Caleb turned and presented a small, flocked velvet box to Ryan. He opened it slowly; the hinges creaked and strained with age, but once open, the item itself brought a gasp. It was an antique wedding ring with a large diamond in the center.

“Omigod!” Ryan cupped his face and blushed immediately. His eyes went from the ornate ring to Caleb’s face and back again. “Where did that come from?” was all he could spit out apparently, which amused Caleb.

“I’ll tell you in a second…” Caleb knelt down to one knee and Ryan’s eyes spilled happy tears. “Ryan, Ryebread, you’ve filled my heart and soul since we met and living with you has been the most amazing experience I ever could’ve imagined. I love you with all my heart and want to spend my life with you. Will you do me the incredible honor of marrying me?”

Ryan tried to clear his face and nod like an idiot all at the same time. “Yes! Omigod! Yes! I’ll marry you, Caleb!” he threw his arms around his man and they hugged for a long moment before they drew back and kissed passionately.

Once there was a very firm yes, Caleb plucked the ring from its box and put it on Ryan’s finger. It was a perfect fit; just as Mrs. Patterson had suspected. Now it was time to dispel the mystery of its origin.

“The ring was your grandmothers, your father’s mother. He’d never say anything about it of course, but your mother did. She wanted you to have it. It’s from Ireland and is about 100 years old.”

“Holy Shit! It’s gorgeous. I’ll have to hide it away when I’m in class, especially when I’m working with the machines.” Ryan babbled. “Aw, baby. Engaged! We’re gonna get married!”

Caleb nodded. “Yeah we are, baby. Our folks said they’d help out too, so we don’t have to wait for too long. Hell, I didn’t want to wait too long in the first place, did you?” he felt guilty for placing restrictions on the timing of it all.

“Neither did I. I wanted to marry you right after we moved in; but I had to be sure we’d work out first. Now I know.” He cupped Caleb’s face and kissed him deeply. “We work out perfectly and I can’t wait to be your husband, Caleb Jacobson.”

“I can’t wait either, Ryan Patterson. My beautiful man, my fiancé.” He grinned wide and picked up the young man in his arms. “We can have a brief celebration right now, if you want.”

Despite being freshly showered, Ryan nodded. “O Hell! Yeah! Bring on the engagement party!” he slung his arms around Caleb’s neck as they headed for the bedroom to celebrate.

Copyright © 2014 stephanie l danielson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..