Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Ice Fairy 4 - 20. Chapter 20

Chapter Twenty

Brett’s POV

The wedding

At last! At long last the day was here. Brett, for once, had gotten up with the sun on that fine September morning and breathed in the air as if it were a brand new thing. The world was wonderful and he knew this would be one of the most awesome days of his life so far.

In just a few short hours, he and Sam would be in their finest monkey suits with a judge in front of them and their best friends on either side of them; watching them take the vows. Get hitched. Tie the knot. Married. Brett Zephyr and Sam Ogawa Zephyr would be their names this day.

Of course, the day hadn’t come without some sacrifice; he and Sam, out of superstition, spent the night apart. Sam was at his mother’s house and Brett was at their house. The large home felt empty without his Sam’s sounds to fill every room. They’d experienced such joy they christened every room two days after moving in. That was a night they’d never forget.

Nor would the wedding night. Brett’s body tingled with anticipation.

Brett left the bed and stretched. He’d slept naked the night before; just to be sure he was ready to run to the shower early. For the moment though, he paused and looked at his left ring finger and pondered it.

“Today. It finally happens today.” Brett whispered aloud and a huge smile formed on his lips following the statement. He took a deep, wonderful breath and his body shook.

“Tonight, my Sam becomes my hubby. For good.” He looked back at the bed and pictured them peeling off those tuxedos and slipping under the sheets to celebrate their new marriage.

Now all there was to do was hurry up and wait.


 

*

Sam’s POV

“Stand still, Samuru.” Midori teasingly chastised Sam, who was having his bow tie adjusted for the millionth time. He shifted on his feet and groaned and mumbled and rolled his eyes. What the fuck difference did the tie make?

Oh hell. Just let her fix it.

“Is it good yet?” Sam asked, his tone was very annoyed.

His mother patted his cheek. “You look handsome. Brett’s socks thrown off.”

Sam had to laugh on the inside at his mother’s attempt at the metaphor. “That’s knocked off, mom. I’ll knock his socks off.”

He had to admit though, he would indeed. After a long look in the mirror, Sam had to admit he looked damned good. He cleaned up nicely after taming his hair to where it wouldn’t fall into his face anymore and his mother buttoning up his tuxedo just right.

“There. Now, ready to go? No want to be late.” Midori warned. She’d been ready for some time, her hair picture perfect and her kimono shimmered like a blue jewel. As for Kim, she’d been prancing around the house in her brilliant red kimono as best she could. She looked so adorable with her hair pinned up with decorative sticks, and even wore makeup. Of course, at 13, she wasn’t a kid anymore; she was growing up. For today though, she was the perfect flower girl.

“Yes, Mama.” He nodded, very anxious to get to the lodge on time. The wedding wasn’t legal at all; so everything they did was purely for ceremony. No church was needed.

All Sam knew is that he was going to head out and when he next came to his mother’s house, he’d be a married man. The thought itself made him dizzy; but in a very good way.

The only other thing in the world that made him dizzy was the thought of Amber coming anywhere near the wedding at all. He sincerely hoped she stayed away; she’d just ruin everything. As painful as it still was to think of his former best friend ruining one of the most wonderful days of his young life; he still had to consider it.

Her ex-lover had moved on, at least it’d seemed that way at the housewarming party way back in April. Colby seemed happier and ready, but after the kiss he gave Jake and when the party ended, so did that façade. Colby disappeared again.

It had been very frustrating to get him to face his feelings or even get the southern boy to talk to a counselor at all. His weak defense is that he hadn’t been raised that way and if you had troubles you just socked it away and got on with it. Sam knew all about having to stay strong, but that was just ridiculous. Colby couldn’t keep running away from his problems. He had to face them head on.

Jake of course took it like a trooper. That was his best mask he put on. Sam and Brett had learned enough about their neighbor to know that he was hurt by what Colby had done; but they told him to just keep the faith.

All other drama aside, there were far more important things to attend to; such as Sam marrying the love of his life. Brett. His Brett, his man, his love, his life, his soul mate. As the limo pulled up to get them; he focused solely on that; or as much as he could.

*

Brett’s POV

As Brett and his parents pulled up to the lodge, he was antsy as all hell. He shuffled and fidgeted and preened his hair almost to the point of pulling out a few strands. Damn those limo drivers for being late!

Finally though, the moment arrived and Brett pushed his way past the security guards to see his fiancé climb out of the car. Of course, they had to make a spectacle of it by everyone else leaving first, then finally, the pièce de résistance, Sam himself.

As soon as that adorable face was visible, Brett felt his heart soar and he ran to Sam’s side and they embraced quickly and warmly.

“Baby, my Sam. My hubby.” Brett felt a rush unlike much else he’d ever felt before; he didn’t give a shit if it got him teased at all. This was love, to the core.

He drew back slightly and looked into Sam’s dark eyes, which sparkled in the sunlight of the perfect day. His smile was infectious and they were both on the verge of tears.

“My Brett.” Was all he uttered before the two dissolved into a long kiss that had the others around them groaning playfully.

Brett felt a hand on his arm and looked up to see Caleb.

“You’re got a room booked already; save it for later.” He jibed.

Hanging onto Sam at the waist, Brett laughed and pulled back a little. “Alright, alright. Whatever. Let’s go get married, baby. The honeymoon will wait just a little longer.”

Sam nodded and was towed along with Brett as they made their way to the doors.

“You look amazing.” Brett commented as he held the door open for his love.

“Me? Look at you. You’re even hotter today than you were at prom.” Sam complemented back. “My sexy hubby.”

“Not yet, guys.” Ryan interrupted. “In a little while.”

Brett sighed. True enough. “Right, well… let’s get this show on the road. Where’s cheese man?”

Everyone looked around and some checked their phones.

“Nothing here.”

“Sorry.”

“Wait…I’ve got one.” Sam brightened. “He’s two minutes away.”

Nothing like holding up the show for the usher. He was late last night too. What the hell was his deal? Shit. Well… he wasn’t gonna chew anyone out on his wedding day, except maybe Sam; but that was a different story altogether.

Finally, after an agonizing three minutes passed, a tall, slender, blond young man arrived, huffing and puffing as he ran through the doors.

“I’m here! I’m so sorry, y’all.”

Brett held back his anger and just went along with it for now. “Glad you could make it, buddy. My mom’s been dying for you to walk her down.” He teased.

Colby looked confused at first, but he smiled his crooked grin. “Oh, tarnation, Brett. I wouldn’t miss y’all’s hitchin’.”

Sam chuckled and nestled in next to Brett. “Well we’re just glad you’re here, Colby.”

“I told ya I’d come.” Colby pressed and fell silent as he went into the role he was there to do and offered his arm to Meredith.

“Why thank you, young man.” She beamed. “Such a handsome escort.”

The music was started and the parents were seated at the front. Colby stood at the far side of the stage and waited.

This was it, no turning back. Only Kim’s walk down the aisle, with lily of the valley stems being sprinkled along the way, was all they had to endure as far as waiting.

Once she was done and at her mother’s side, the music swelled and Brett, with his heart pounding, held his arm out to Sam, who took it firmly and with smiles on their faces, took their first steps together down the middle of the room and towards the judge.

Copyright © 2014 stephanie l danielson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 10
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Soo if the wedding's not legal at all, why are they walking towards a judge? Just wondering :) btw, have really enjoyed reading your stories!

Link to comment
On 02/05/2014 02:23 PM, majjen00 said:
Soo if the wedding's not legal at all, why are they walking towards a judge? Just wondering :) btw, have really enjoyed reading your stories!
Thank you for reading my stories!

I forgot that it isn't legal here...perhaps a different kind of officiant? no one from a religious affiliation though...

  • Like 1
Link to comment

The next chapter is the wedding. What kind of drama do you have in store for us next? I guess it's time for some more. Will it be more Amber drama? What about Sam's father? I can't think of anyone else causing the drama - that is if there is some.

Link to comment
On 02/06/2014 12:20 AM, Terry P said:
The next chapter is the wedding. What kind of drama do you have in store for us next? I guess it's time for some more. Will it be more Amber drama? What about Sam's father? I can't think of anyone else causing the drama - that is if there is some.
Terry, there's always room for drama :) Could be Amber, could be Ichiro, or something else...
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..