Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Ice Fairy 4 - 7. Chapter 7

Chapter Seven

Brett’s POV

The morning had gone slowly at first, but things picked up considerably after they left Caleb and Ryan’s apartment. Or was it just Caleb’s now? Brett shuddered to think of what was going to happen now. Ryan’s leaving was very dramatic and sudden and it left all of them in shock.

Caleb had gone silent more or less and refused to talk about it. He ate and dressed and bid them goodbye with quick hugs and then disappeared into his room and shut the door. Brett could imagine the pain of what was going through his mind; but they had a schedule to keep and family to visit. He promised to keep in touch.

As for Ryan, he was with his parents and from having met them and knowing how tight they were; he’d be in good hands. It was Sam that he was worried about. The whole episode had left his fiancé worried sick and nervous as all hell. He sat with his legs curled up and chewed on his nails while they drove to Midori and Kim’s house.

“What’s gonna happen to them, Brett? They were so perfect together. I didn’t think that us being together like that would cause any issues… it didn’t for four months.”

It was a naïve statement as best, and Brett knew better. He should’ve anyway, but his cock took over his thoughts sometimes and he admitted he liked Ryan very much and was attracted to him sexually. He was a beautiful man, a great kisser, and had a killer body. But his friend’s heart was torn now and he was a crumpled heap of confused emotions in his parent’s care. He hoped by tonight they’d hear more from him.

“Lust, Sam.” That was the easiest way to put it. “It was fun until real emotions got involved. Those two have issues to work out; we were in the way. Please, just focus on your show today, baby. Something in your control.”

Sam didn’t look like the words comforted him much. Brett knew the truth always hurt the worst, but at least it’d be out there.

“He just looked so sad, Brett.” Sam apparently couldn’t get his mind off of it at all.

“I know, baby. I know. It went too far. We should’ve stayed with your mom and sister last night; no chance of anything going wrong there.”

“Yeah.” Sam agreed.

They sat silently for a minute as they got closer to the Ogawa house. Sam’s phone went off about five times, all texts.

“That Amber?” Who else? Brett asked.

“Yeah. She wants to know if after the show we can all go to dinner together. I want to go, Brett.”

“As long as she’s civil to you, baby. That’s all I worry about. Oh, and please do me a favor?” he caught Sam’s dark eyes. “Don’t say anything about what happened last night. It’s none of her business and it’s just ammo against us anyway. Ryan needs the peace to sort it out and Caleb does too. Okay?”

Sam nodded. “I won’t. I promise. I’m still confused about what happened myself. But I’m too happy to see my family to think about much else.”

Thank goodness for distraction of family. Brett let out a deep sigh of relief internally and looked very forward to seeing the Ogawas himself. They might stay together there that night, but he wanted to be with his own parents too. They’d discuss it after the show. The less on Sam’s mind the better.

“So, which program are you doing today?”

“Oh, the uh…hmm. Sam rubbed his jaw. I think maybe the Christmas one, Jingle Bell Rock.” He smiled suddenly and it brightened up the whole mood. “Yeah, that one. I’ve got some awesome spins in it.”

Brett loved to hear Sam talk about skating; he was in another world entirely and it lifted his mood.

“Which spins, baby? I love that one with your leg stuck straight out…”

“The camel? Yeah I love those. Flying camels are the best. Then straight down into a sit spin. Then switch to a backspin. Easy stuff.”

“Easy?” Brett laughed. “To you I guess so. Hey, maybe check if you can bring Kim along, she’d love it so much! Get to meet the other skaters and show off her own stuff too.”

Sam gasped. “Brett! That’s a wonderful idea! I’m marrying such a smart man.” He un-balled himself and looped his arm through Brett’s free arm and hung on tight. “My awesome fiancé. September can’t get here fast enough for me. I wanna be Sam Zephyr.”

He said it so sweetly and with such conviction that it warmed Brett’s heart. He tried to push away the drama they just saw into a better picture, marrying Sam and buying their own house. No way in hell would they room with the other two now; he wanted their own, solo house. Maybe a spare room or two for the others; but no joining them anymore.

“I can’t wait for you to be Sam Zephyr either, baby.” He glanced up and saw they were at their destination. “Right now let’s go soak up your mom and sister.”

“Definitely. I wanna bring Kim with me today. Will you be at your parent’s house?”

Brett nodded. “Yeah. Wanna hang with them too while we’re here. Mom has that wedding stuff to go through and just generally catch up on stuff. I’ll meet you after the show for dinner though.”

“Sounds great to me.” Sam looked much happier than before. “Guess I’ll talk to Amber later; I wanna be on pure skating mode. This is the Christmas show and I’m gonna really play it up for them.”

“That’s the spirit!” Brett cheered him on and they stopped the car and got out. “Come on, let’s go tell Kim the good news!”

*

Several house later at dinner

Sam’s POV

The show had gone wonderfully and bringing Kim to practice was the best idea anyone had ever had. The little girl was in heaven! She got to practice with them and show off some of her best jumps and spins and they all said she was wonderful and on her way to her own Olympic medal. Sam had never been prouder of his baby sister. She clung to him the rest of the time and he saw their mother smiling proudly. It wasn’t often he’d seen her so happy and now with their thieving father gone; she looked happier than ever before.

The show was a packed house again and Sam pushed aside all thoughts of whatever other dramas were happening firmly to the side. He had the gift of focus; and it sat squarely on the ice, the crowd, his music, and his mother and sister watching him from the stands. He knew Brett was there too somewhere, and that helped also.

After he walked out from the arena and greeted Brett, he saw another very familiar face.

“Hey, sweetie!” Amber called out to him and gathered him into a long hug. “Your program was flawless! You looked wonderful out there! Now you get to relax for a couple of days, huh?”

Sam nodded. “Yeah, next show is in two days, so a little time to rest at least.” He saw Colby walk up too and smiled at him. “Hey, dude. How’s it going?”

“Just fine n’ dandy. I dunno how you do all them spins and not puke on the ice.”

“Practice. Trust me. Lots of practice. If I haven’t spun in a while I get dizzy again until I get used to it. I’m not immune to physics, much as some people might wonder.” He teased and rubbed his stomach. “I’m starved. Where are we eating tonight?”

Amber checked her phone for local restaurants. “There’s one just up the street, it’s a steakhouse. That sound good?”

“Definitely. I could eat a small pony.”

Colby laughed. “Don’t you mean a horse?”

“Nah, I’m not that starved. Besides, it’s Christmas Eve, they might not be open.” He felt his mother and sister gather around him and he held Kim tightly to him.

“Come back to our house, Sam. Mama makes lots of food.”

Ah the sweetness of a child. He glanced at his mother. “I guess I could wait a little bit; I’d love to just go home.”

“Here, will this help?” A tall, dashing blond appeared and presented a protein bar which Sam gratefully accepted.

“Heck yeah it will.” He threw his arms around Brett and kissed him in front of everyone.

“So, where are we going?”

Midori spoke up at last. “Come to house. I have lots of food. This is family time.”

Sam agreed and held Brett to him. “Are you staying over with me or going to your folks?”

“I’ll be staying at my folks tonight. Can you go a night without me?” he teased.

“It’ll be hard, but I’ll try.” Sam teased. “I want time to think too, about earlier. I pushed it all aside, but we can’t let them be separated.”

Brett nodded. “Agreed.”

Amber, of course, meandered over. “Hey, will Ryan and Caleb be joining us too?” she conveniently asked.

Sam sadly shook his head. “No. They uh, they’re not speaking right now.”

There was a collective gasp and Amber looked shocked as all hell. “What the? Why didn’t you text me?”

“Because it’s none of your business, Amber, just like with me and Sam. Butt out! It’s their problem; they need to work it out. End of story.” Brett blasted back.

Wow, now that was awesome. Brett took the reins with Amber! Sam was a little turned on by the machismo of his fiancé. Amber did deserve it; it was none of her business at all.

“Let’s just goto my house, okay?” Sam suggested, trying to diffuse the situation. He gathered his pack and began to eat the protein bar. “I’m starved. Feed a hungry skater boy. Come on.” He grabbed Brett’s hand and led them all towards the doors to exit for the night.

Copyright © 2014 stephanie l danielson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Good for Brett letting Amber have it . Brett is so thoughtful thinking of kim and getting Sam to take her to rehearsals . Will they survive the night apart

Link to comment
On 12/23/2013 05:30 AM, paul.b said:
Good for Brett letting Amber have it . Brett is so thoughtful thinking of kim and getting Sam to take her to rehearsals . Will they survive the night apart
I loved writing that! LOL. Brett is sick of her butting into their lives and especially Ryan and Caleb's difficulties.

Oh I think they can get by one night w/o being in the same bed.

Link to comment
On 12/23/2013 03:27 PM, Suvitar said:
Amber got it coming and she so deserved it. Not everything is her business.
She definitely had that coming. Way to go, Brett!
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..