Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Ice Fairy 4 - 2. Chapter 2

Chapter Two

Brett’s POV

The whole experience so far on this tour had been mostly a blur to Brett. As they hopped from town to town, and hotel to hotel, Brett found it mostly exhausting, yet exciting. It was nice to get out of town and be with his man and getting to watch what he loved to do almost every night.

So far the tour has wowed audiences from the east coast down, and they’d be in St. Louis in a matter of mere days. Brett was actually anxious to see his parents and friends; he missed them. It’d been a whirlwind, as he thought it’d be. But getting to be with Sam was the best part of it all.

Right now it was practice time and Brett hung out in the hotel room by himself to catch up on emails or play games. Anything to pass the time.

As he slouched down in the uncomfortable chair, Brett clicked over the wedding supply sites that his mother had sent him links for. It was already giving him a headache. He tried valiantly to keep interest in what was on the screen, but it just wasn’t happening.

“Enough already. Holy crap.” Brett mumbled as he put his hands over his face and rubbed his forehead. “This is driving me bat shit crazy already.” He said to absolutely no one.

After letting out a frustrated sigh and dropping his arms to his sides, he put one, then both feet back firmly on the floor and pushed himself away from the desk and finally to a standing position again. His back popped and he moaned. Damn he was bored. No matter the other exciting parts of this trip; he was bored out of his gourd during the daytime.

Some of the other families had invited him along on tour stops of the towns, but he just wasn’t into it today. Now he regretted that decision, wishing he had gone. Indiana was a good state, and he was sure there was something interesting to see or do there; but he just wasn’t feeling it.

Meandering over to the window, he flipped back the heavy curtains and looked out over the view; that of the highway and the city of Indianapolis. He looked for a good long moment before boredom pulled him away from the lackluster scenery.

“Shit. I guess I missed the boat. Dammit.” He rolled his eyes and groaned. All he had were emails from his mother and even Sam’s mother; which were admittedly fun to decipher from her broken English.

“Fine, fine. Whatever.” He told the screen as if they were his mother and future mother-in-law. He was thrilled and relieved that Mrs. Ogawa liked him a lot and was happy that Sam was marrying him. Brett just wanted the planning shit to be over with so they could be married and live their lives. Whatever that was gonna be. No pressure. None at all.

Only the million questions a day in Brett’s own mind as to what he wanted to do with his life. Coach? College? Work in retail? Hell if he knew. Maybe his father could help him figure it out later on. Right now his whole world was Sam.

His email client dinged and a new email popped up. It was Amber.

Brett opened up the chat window and started to type.

“Hey. What’s up?”

“Dress shopping. Fun!”

That brought a smile to Brett’s face. He knew Amber loved to shop.

“Find anything you like yet?” he asked.

“Perfect red dress.” She replied. Sam had chosen red right off the bat as his favorite and because it was Japanese; it was ideal for the wedding. Amber was Sam’s ‘attendant of honor’ and she was eating it up like he would scarf down a cheeseburger after a game.

“Cool. So then you’re good?”

“Not yet. Shoes!”

He laughed aloud. “Of course! Must have shoes. Don’t come barefoot.”

“Sigh. Silly boy! You don’t get it.”

Thank goodness I don’t. “Nope. I just get the best part. I get to be Sam’s husband.”

Okay, even that was overly sickeningly sweet even to him; but he meant every keystroke of it and he felt it in his heart. He loved Sam with all of him and he wanted everything to work out for them.

“Awww! You are so awesome, Brett!” she typed back and it made him relax. Not so long ago she all but summoned his execution. But things had calmed down considerably since then.

“I know it.” He replied, showing his ego.

“Gasp!” she responded. “Gonna go see Sam’s mom. I’m helping to choose some party favors.”

Brett shook his head. “Have a blast. You guys are all into that garbage, not me. Just don’t make it all fru fru shit. We’re two guys but I’m no twink.”

There was a pause, and Brett started to worry. Finally, a new sentence popped up.

“Are you saying that Sam is?”

Oh crap. Twisting his words again. Loved this sparring with Amber over semantics.

“No, Amber. He’s not a twink. He’s perfect. I love him the way he is and he loves me; big, bullish, and brash.” He swatted back with.

“Damn right.” She posted.

Holy crap, let it go, sister. “Are you doing more shopping with his mom?” he was dying to get off this topic as quickly as possible.

“Nope, going to dinner with my man. Colby says hi by the way!”

“Say hey back. We’ll see you guys in about three days, right?”

“Yep! Can’t wait!”

Brett agreed there. “Me either. Mom loves big parties at Christmastime.”

“Will everyone be there?” Amber asked.

“Uh, yeah. Far as I know. We’re only in town for two nights. Then it’s off to Texas.”

“Where are you guys staying?”

What was she leading up to? “Probably my house.” He filled in just to answer her. The truth was they’d likely stay at Ryan and Caleb’s apartment.

“Good.”

Now what the fuck did that mean? They could spend one night there, and one night at home too if they wanted. They didn’t answer to her. Brett felt himself getting very defensive and angry over wanting to spend time with their friends. It wasn’t any of her fucking business to begin with.

“Yeah. Well we don’t have much time. Will be spending most of it on wedding shit I’m sure.” He blasted back. Brett felt his temper rising and he had to get off this chat before he said something he’d regret.

“Well, we can’t wait to see you two and talk about it.” She replied.

“Us either.” Brett tapped out as fast as he knew how and conjured some goodbye excuses. “Hey, someone’s at the door; I’m going out with some of the other families. Gotta run.”

“Oh, okay. See ya later!”

Brett had never been more relieved in his life to see someone go offline in his life. But that didn’t mean he was off the hook; his phone was too easily reached and she could fill it with emails that would work his last nerve.

After shutting off the computer, he did the same to his phone, but only after checking for anything from Sam. He was all that mattered anyway. He decided to send a text anyway, just to say hello to his fiancé.

“Hey, baby. Love you. Knock ‘em dead on the ice in practice!”

Why the sudden note of sweetness? He felt challenged by Amber to explain why they’d spend time with their friends at their apartment when Brett’s house was huge. Ahhh, why indeed. She didn’t approve of the four of them spending time together; especially naked.

Oh well, it was their lives and their bodies, so what the fuck did it matter to her? Damn, he needed to have a chat with Colby to keep a tighter grip on his woman.

Brett loved being with their friends; in and out of bed. Sex with them was sweet and they shared everything. He hated to move away from them, but it was necessary. When they got back their plan, at least right now, was to all move in together into the same house.

Now wouldn’t that just make Miss Amber blow a gasket?

Frankly, he didn’t care if it did or not. As long as he and Sam were committed, and happy and good with sharing their love; what was so wrong about it?

Nothing.

Not a damn thing.

After he got up, he shoved the chair in under the desk and left the room in search of somewhere else to go. Anywhere.

Copyright © 2014 stephanie l danielson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Brett is obviously and not at all surprisingly getting bored. Perhaps that´s the main reason for him to be so annoyed with Amber...and she can be very annoying, but I didn´t think she was that bad this time.

Loved when Brett said “I just get the best part. I get to be Sam’s husband.” :hug:

Great chapter :thumbup:

Link to comment
On 12/20/2013 11:46 PM, Suvitar said:
Brett is obviously and not at all surprisingly getting bored. Perhaps that´s the main reason for him to be so annoyed with Amber...and she can be very annoying, but I didn´t think she was that bad this time.

Loved when Brett said “I just get the best part. I get to be Sam’s husband.” :hug:

Great chapter :thumbup:

He's going out of his mind bored. lol. Amber can be a pill for sure; and she rubs me the wrong way sometimes too.

I thought that was sweet too, all Brett wants to do is be with his man.

Link to comment

Poor Brett getting bored in the hotel room he needs to get out with the other parents so he can take his mind off the wedding it's alright for Sam he's got plenty to keep his mind occupied .

The s..t will hit the fan if they stay at Ryan and Celeb's Sam will want to spend some time with his mom , , sister and Amber and Amber will want to spend time with Sam is Colby going to be the peace maker

Link to comment
On 12/21/2013 02:27 AM, paul.b said:
Poor Brett getting bored in the hotel room he needs to get out with the other parents so he can take his mind off the wedding it's alright for Sam he's got plenty to keep his mind occupied .

The s..t will hit the fan if they stay at Ryan and Celeb's Sam will want to spend some time with his mom , , sister and Amber and Amber will want to spend time with Sam is Colby going to be the peace maker

It's a tough call for sure which way to go. Of course the family wants them and the friends want them. Only way to deal with it is to divide their time.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..