Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Ice Fairy 4 - 23. Epilogue

Epilogue

A Proper Sendoff

 

Sam’s POV

Sam was just soaking all of this night in; he couldn’t believe the day was almost at and end! Weddings took so much time, money, planning and stress it was tough to believe all of this had been jammed into one day. But it had; and it’d been the most wonderful day of his life!

The food had been awesome; a mix of American and Japanese favorites. He’d sampled some sushi and some roast beef too; the best of both worlds.

The toasts by the best men were hilarious. Ryan had gone first, raised his glass of champagne, and with that playful glint in his Irish eyes, winked at them.

“To two of the best guys I’ve ever met. You had some rocky times; but you found your way back and now look at you. Married and glowing. I wish you the blessings of the world and many, many years of happiness. I love you both.”

Sam and Brett both smiled at him and knocked back a toast. Then it was Caleb’s turn.

The big man stood and looked nervous for once.

“Guys, I’ve been honored to be your friend and confidant on your journey. You’ve come though some very tough times only to be knitted together stronger than ever; your love will hold you together I have no doubt. I think you are two wonderful guys and I love you both. To the happy couple!”

Another toast was raised and they all drank back their champagne.

Sam felt a little buzzy as he curled up into Brett’s side. “My hubby.” He sighed.

Brett dropped a kiss on his head. “Forever, baby.”

The DJ stirred things up and got them out to the floor for their first dance; which Sam adored. Anytime he could hold Brett was wonderful. It reminded him of prom and being so nervous about their first time together. Now it was the rest of their lives.

Brett kissed him from time to time and held him tight. “I love you, Sam.” Was all he needed to say to send Sam’s heart soaring.

“I love you too, Brett.” He answered breathily.

All too soon, the dance ended and he took the hand of his mother and Brett took his to the dance floor.

Sam thought his mother looked amazingly beautiful and he hung onto her tightly.

“I so proud of you, Samuru.” She told him and kissed his cheek.

“Thank you, Mama.” He replied back, with tears in his eyes. He was so happy and so relieved for her and Kim. They were thriving without that rat father of his around.

Brett and Meredith were cutting quite the rug together; the tall duo made a striking couple and Sam watched them for a long moment. He was so happy that Brett’s parents had made a huge turnaround in attitude three years ago. He loved his in-laws.

At the end of the song, he felt a tug on his tux and saw Kim at his side, looking very pretty and waiting to dance with her brother. He smiled and twirled her around, she smiled and giggled.

“Dance with me, Sam.” She insisted and the brother and sister danced to a lively tune together and the crowd cheered them on. Kim hung onto her brother and he kissed her head. He was home now and could go to every competition of hers and be there every step of the way. He adored this young lady.

*

Brett’s POV

After watching the wonderful dance between Sam and Kim, the wedding party was next and Brett felt himself be swept into a group of him, Sam, Ryan, and Caleb. They’d all shared a lot more than just friendship for sure, but tonight was special and all about him and Sam. Married. Mr. and Mr. He loved it.

As the dances went on, he saw that Colby and Jake joined them on the floor and actually kissed; he and Sam both smiled at the sight and Brett was thrilled for the young man. If anyone needed to move on, it was Colby. Now he would. Finally.

“Looking good, Cheese man!” he called out and his pale friend blushed, but he had a huge grin on his face.

“Thanks, guys!” he called back and put his arms up higher on Jake’s shoulders. They made one hot couple for sure.

“Brett! You need to dance with me now.” Kim insisted as she hugged him right at waist level; she wasn’t that much taller yet.

He loved his sister-in-law very much and hugged her tight.

“Come on, let’s go stir it up.” He kissed Sam and all three of them danced together for a few minutes; Kim smiled the whole time and held both of their hands and kept them in time with the music.

This evening was going fast! The cake was next and as badly as Brett wanted to start a mini food fight, he was nice and fed Sam a bite of their cake the right way.

Sam licked his lips. “Mmm. Good stuff. I thought for sure it’d be on my face.” He teased.

Brett winked at him. “I wanted to play nice around the others; I’d be happy to make a cake and cover you with it.” He smacked his lips. “Or maybe just some whipped topping.”

They gave each other a burning hot look and kissed again.

“My crazy hubby.” Sam teased.

“That makes two of us, hubby.” Brett answered.

The evening came to a rapid end, filled with dancing, hugs, kisses, family and friends. Brett held onto Sam as often as he could. This was their day, and the beginning of their new life together.

Copyright © 2014 stephanie l danielson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 02/10/2014 02:28 AM, Suvitar said:
So sweet :wub: They really have come a long way from where this story begun :hug:
I can't believe it covered 3 years time! :) They did change a lot.
Link to comment
On 02/10/2014 02:29 AM, paul.b said:
Thank you

A lovely ending now looking forward to the new story

You're welcome! It did need a proper wrap-up for sure. Now I go in with a clean slate for Ryan and Caleb. (and Jake/Colby).
Link to comment
On 02/10/2014 04:20 AM, Quiet man said:
Great story. Many ups and downs, and twists and turns. Look forward to your next story
Thank you! I love the roller coasters :)
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..