Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Ice Fairy 4 - 21. Chapter 21

Chapter Twenty-One

Sam’s POV

Sam had to literally pinch himself to believe all of this was true. He was really in front of a minister, with Brett at his side, both of them in tuxes, with Ryan and Caleb looking on; not to mention their family and friends.

It was all a dream come true, and one he quite seriously never considered in a billion years when he first laid eyes on Brett Zephyr. Now, he was just a short while away from officially becoming Sam Zephyr.

Time seemed to have stopped as Sam couldn’t take his eyes off his incredibly hot hubby-to-be. The one he lost his virginity to, the one he’d hurt and broken up with out of fear, but also the one that lived with him, held him, loved him, supported him, and asked him to marry him.

Brett looked so irresistible. His blond locks were gelled down this time; letting his amazing blue eyes stand out that much more in his pale face. His complexion was hairless and flawless and his body…wrapped in that tuxedo, like he had been at prom…looked good enough to eat. He knew what he wanted for dessert that night instead of just wedding cake.

The minister’s voice cut into his reverie as he saw Caleb lean in and hand him the ring to put on Brett’s finger. Sam’s eyes were huge as he glanced up and remembered what was happening.

“Repeat after me. I, Samuru Ogawa…”

Sam’s voice was a whisper, but he spoke the words with happy tears in his eyes.

“I, Samuru Ogawa.” He stared into Brett’s eyes and felt his heart swell.

“Take you, Brett Anthony Zephyr to be my partner for life.” Sam parroted after the minister.

Just speaking the words and putting that ring on Brett’s finger was something neither of them would ever forget for sure. There was more being said, about the endless circle of the rings, unending love, and Sam felt every bit of it. But all he could do was hang onto Brett and feel more love than he ever had before.

When it was Brett’s turn to put the ring on Sam’s finger, Sam felt like he’d faint. He stared down at the gorgeous band that he and Brett had chosen together and felt very much like Brett’s husband at that moment. Bonded. Together. Forever.

“Hey, easy now, baby.” Brett spoke and Sam was confused as to what he meant until he felt his face being fanned. Apparently he’d come a little too close to actually fainting. He’d seen it happen before and figured it was just him being the nervous ‘bride’ of sorts.

The minister kindly offered a cool, damp cloth to pat down Sam’s neck and he felt better a moment later. As long as Brett was there with him.

“We’re almost done, gentlemen.” The minister told them and Sam refused to sit down, despite the looks he got from their friends.

“I’ll be okay. I promise.” He tried to push the point across that he was fine and make it believable.

Brett nodded. “Okay, you look better at least; your color is back.” He glanced at the minister. “Let’s finish this up.”

Without wasting another moment, the service was completed, and Sam grinned as wide as he knew he could when he heard the best phrase ever.

“I now announce you life partners. May I present Brett and Samuru Zephyr.”

The audience applauded and gave them a standing ovation as they kissed passionately to the tune of some hoots and hollars, and finally made their way back down the aisle, their hands clasped firmly together.

*

Brett’s POV

Brett’s hand was getting sore with how much it was being shaken as the crowd made their way through the receiving line. He didn’t think there were that many people there; but with his husband being a celebrity, it wasn’t a huge surprise.

He looked down the line at the wedding party and everyone was all smiles. Even Colby. It looked like whatever had been bugging him to death was waning, at least for now. He was glad; the guy had had a lot of drama in his life and dating that bitch hadn’t helped anything at all.

Suddenly, there was a ruckus at the door and Brett turned his head to see what was happening. He saw the security guards holding their hands to their ears and talking to someone.

Sam leaned in to him. “What’s going on, baby?” he asked nervously.

Protectively, Brett slung an arm around his man. “Don’t worry about a thing, hon. That’s why we have such tight security. Whoever the idiot is, they won’t ruin our day.”

As reassuring as the words were to Sam, Brett had a strong suspicion as to who it was; he just could barely believe that she had the gall to show up. But someone was attempting to do just that.

A loud, all too familiar voice was heard yelling. “I have a right to be here!”

The guards were far quieter and steadfast in their responses; Brett couldn’t hear them too well, but it sounded like this person wasn’t on the guest list and therefore should leave. Now. Right now.

Then, all hell broke loose.

“Sammie! You didn’t invite me?” the voice caterwauled.

Brett shut his eyes and groaned. “Shit.”

Sam burrowed into his side and held on for dear life, shaking like a leaf. “Get her out of her, Brett. Make her go.”

As much as Sam had laid down the law, Amber apparently hadn’t gotten the complete message. It was her alright, Brett knew that tone anywhere. He couldn’t blame Sam for being upset and wanting to just hide away. Hell, he’d done all he could for sure.

“Who the hell is that?” Jake asked, who’d just been queued up in the receiving line. “It isn’t that crazy girl again is it?”

With dismal faces, Brett, Sam, and poor beleaguered Colby all nodded.

“That’s the crazy one.” Colby responded, not looking at Jake.

“Get her outta here.” Brett barked at the men. “Now! She won’t ruin our wedding!” he waved his fist in the air and he caught just a glimpse of the young woman unfortunately. He glared at her and in no uncertain terms he spoke.

“Get out, Amber. Now!”

Security had her in custody very shortly after, but her mouth didn’t stop once.

“Sammie you didn’t invite me? You owe this day to me! Only me! I’m the one that helped you two get along, remember?”

Sam shook even worse in Brett’s arms; his mother and sister moved in to surround him.

“You leave now!” Midori yelled.

Even quiet Colby, who looked like he’d been kicked in the teeth again, finally let out a huff, balled his fists and disappeared into the lobby area where she was being hauled away.

All Brett heard was them yelling.

“You nothin’ but a nutty bitch, Amber! You get on down the road outta our lives! All of us! I moved on from you!”

“Liar! You’re one of them! They made you kiss that….that man!”

“He’s better than you!”

All Brett heard next was a loud ‘slap’ as the scene finally broke away and sirens were heard as Amber was arrested and hauled off. Finally!

Colby came back to the room, with a hand over his face, in a feeble attempt to camouflage his slap mark, which was glowing red on his pale face.

“Guess she didn’t like that one.” He laughed. His eyes met Sam’s, then Brett’s. “I’m real sorry she fucked up your hitchin’.”

Brett shook his head. “She didn’t. She fucked it up for herself. We’ve had a wonderful day, haven’t we, hubby?” he kissed Sam’s head and was relieved to see that he looked far better than before. With Amber gone and arrested, they were able to get back to the crowd.

“I think so.” Sam replied, his mom and sister pulling away slightly.

“You need to rest.” His mother instructed.

“Come on back to the house. We’ll take the pictures there.” Kim suggested; brilliantly simple as all her ideas were. How Brett loved them both.

Running with it, Brett nodded. “Okay, everyone? We’re gonna go back to our place for the photos. We’re gonna have a little pre-reception.” He announced.

The crowd nodded and most checked their phones or watches to see if they could make it; some couldn’t, he knew that. That was fine, as long as they’d be at the big party later on.

With his parents firmly at his side and the photographer and videographer both on board with things, the wedding party all gathered together. Brett watched Colby closely, he’d withdrawn again, but Jake seemed very willing to pick up the hurt young man and take care of him.

As for now, there were photos to take and food to eat!

Copyright © 2014 stephanie l danielson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Amber made such a foll of herself by turning up at the wedding. She is very stubborn or is it stupid? Why make such a scene when she must have known she wasn´t welcome? And how did she get past the front door? Not very good guards. :facepalm:

Otherwise a lovely chapter :wub:

Link to comment
On 02/07/2014 02:56 PM, Suvitar said:
Amber made such a foll of herself by turning up at the wedding. She is very stubborn or is it stupid? Why make such a scene when she must have known she wasn´t welcome? And how did she get past the front door? Not very good guards. :facepalm:

Otherwise a lovely chapter :wub:

Thanks! She's just that butt stupid and stubborn. Glad Colby told her to take a hike! :)
Link to comment

Where is Bamy the bear should of been guest of honour and sitting up front well at least Amber showed up but I was hoping she would be in the background looking on realising what a idiot she has been . Looking forward to the party and what hapens to Colby is he going to let himself go and injoy himself great chapter.

Link to comment
On 02/07/2014 04:53 PM, paul.b said:
Where is Bamy the bear should of been guest of honour and sitting up front well at least Amber showed up but I was hoping she would be in the background looking on realising what a idiot she has been . Looking forward to the party and what hapens to Colby is he going to let himself go and injoy himself great chapter.
Dear Bammy! Forgot about the little bear :(

Amber is a total jerk/idiot for what she tried.

I hope Colby has moved on too...Jake is waiting/patient.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..