Jump to content
    Windkaizer
  • Author
  • 699 Words
  • 540 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Love is just 4 letters - 13. Chapter 13

Chapter 13
Rayne
On the way to my mother’s house, we decided to stop at Bottom’s Up for lunch. Guess who we saw there. Out of all people, we had to see her.
Jodi.
Damn her.
“Shit. There’s Jodi.” Brandon said. “We haven’t seen each other since the divorce. Hope she’s not too mad. She’s seen us! Here she comes.”
Jodi walked over too us, and said. “Hello Brandon. Good too see you as always. And you too Rayne.”
This girl was all business now. Not the girl who was once a carefree moocher off of Brandon.
“Hello Jodi.” Brandon said. Well, at least they were civil to each other. I was afraid this might turn into a scene. “How are you?”
“Well, after you threw me out of the house,” I unconsciously winced when she said that. “I went to a friend of mine’s house. I’m staying there at the moment, and I even got a job as a nurse at a local hospital. Turns out you were holding me back.”
Out the corner of my eye, I saw Brandon shift his weight a little bit away from her. I could understand he was a little embarrassed and angry at her for saying that, so he wanted to get as far away from her as he could at the moment.
“Also,” I had a very bad feeling about what she was about to say, “I’ve met someone else.”
Now I wasn’t fazed, but I had to take a look a Brandon. His eyes had opened a bit more, but that was it.
“You’re not the only one who has met someone new.”
“Oh?” Jodi said, surprised.
I looked at Brandon with a worried look on my face. He winked at me, so I knew he wasn’t going to tell her everything.
“Well who is she?”
“He, Jodi, he.”
The look on her face was priceless. First confusion, shock, and then anger.
Her voice moved a dangerous whisper. “What? You threw me out on my ass for some man? How dare you!”
“Hey, I found out that I was either bi or gay after you left. So thank you Jodi! I’ve realized what my sexuality was after you left.”
She walked off, angry and fuming. Waving her hands up and down, almost knocking a tray of drinks from a waiter’s hands.
I laughed for a few seconds, and looked at Brandon who had a small smile on his face.
“Well that was fun! For a second there, I thought that you were going to out the both of us for a quick second.” I said. “Even though I’m going to come out in the presses pretty soon, I didn’t want to do it too early.”
That caused Brandon to spit out his drink.
“What? You’re coming out? What would that do to your career?”
I sighed heavily, “Probably destroy it. But I don’t care. If I can be with you,” I grabbed his hand. (Hell, in here, no one pays attention to anyone else, they’re just hungry.) “I’ll always be happy.” I squeezed his hand and got back to the pepperoni pizza.
I looked back up at him, and he had a big ass smile on his face.
“What?” I questioned.
“That’s the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me. And the way you went right back to your pizza, so niggarish.”
“Shut up.”
He let out a short burst of laughter, and we finished the pizza. Me eating one more slice than he did.
When we got to the font counter to pay, something happened that I should’ve suspected, but chose to ignore.
As I gave my credit card to the waitress, and she rang me up, she saw my name.
And damn it if she didn’t yell out, “OH MY GOD! IT’S RAYNE!”
Instantly, well, after she gave me my card back of course, everyone tried to run up to us. Luckily, Brandon and I were right beside the door.
“Run like all hell is after you Brandon!”
We got outside just as everyone got to where we were just standing, got into the car, and drove like bats out of an old lady’s vagina.

Copyright © 2011 Windkaizer; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..