Jump to content
    Windkaizer
  • Author
  • 739 Words
  • 837 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Love is just 4 letters - 17. Chapter 17

Chapter 17
Rayne
After a week and Marcos was out of the hospital, we seriously started to get things ready for Bruce and Marcos’ wedding.
Also, I had thought some things through, and Brandon really had to hear them.
“Hey Brandon,” I called to him while Marcos and Bruce were trying on different tuxes at S&K’s, “Could you come here for a moment?”
“Huh? Oh, yeah, hold on.” Turning back to Marcos, he said, “Okay, Marcos, are you telling me that you have never worn a bow-tie before?”
“Hey!” His Hispanic accent truly evident through his frustration, “I’m a bodyguard, I usually wear ties, not these little things from the pits of hell.”
“Here babe,” Bruce said moving over to help us, “Let me fix this thing on your neck that is supposed to be a bowtie.” In no time flat, he had the thing like it was supposed to, thank God.
“Thanks love,” Marcos said, bending down a little from the upraised step to kiss him on the lips, “Never could have done it without you.”
“Yeah, but I think we’re going to have to get you a snap on one. I won’t be able to be there to tie it again on the day of the wedding.”
“Brandon?”
“Coming Rayne.”
He walked over to me, and sat down in the chair beside me. “What is it?”
“Look, I haven’t exactly had time to practice this, but…”
“Oh my God. Are you about to propose to me? I can’t believe this, it’s so sudden…”
“Um, Brandon…no.”
“Whoops, a-heh…my bad, go on.”
“Brandon, it is true that I do want to spend the rest of my life with you, but I’m not going to propose to you so soon after we actually started going out. But I do want to make another sort of commitment to you.”
“Well…what is it?”
“I’ve decided to come out of the closet.”
“But Rayne, aren’t you already out…oh, wait. I see what you mean. But what will that do to your status as an artist? You know that there are practically no R&B artists who are out. In the closet sure, but out? Wouldn’t that pretty much end your career?”
“Yeah. But I don’t care. As long as you’re with me Brandon, I know I can get through any trial and tribulation.”
“Damn, you do not know how badly I want to kiss you right now. But I’ll hold back until we get back to the house.” He leaned over to my ear, “I plan to do a little something for you, to…celebrate the occasion.”
“Oh…” A slow smile graced my lips, “You best believe that I can’t wait.”
“Brandon, could we get some help over here,” Marcos sighed, “We’re still just as lost as ever.”
“Coming.” Brandon just smiled at me, and walked away. Noticing that his shoe was untied, he bent over in front of me, and damn if his ass didn’t look good.
Bastard, teasing me like this. Anyway, I went over to a corner of the store, and called Keno.
“Hey Rayne. How you doin’?”
“Fine. Listen, is there anyway that you can set a press conference as soon as possible?”
“Yeah, I’m sure I can. Why?”
“I’ve decided to come out of the closet.”
“Huh? Rayne, are you sure that you want to do this? I mean, I’ll support whatever you choose, but are you really sure you want to do this?”
“Yeah,” I looked over at Brandon, “I’m sure.”
“What made you suddenly want to do this?”
“Well, just seeing Marcos and Bruce kissing and hugging in the open made me want to do that too. I mean, everyone here at the tuxedo store know me, and it seems that’s they are going to give me everything for free. Now that I don’t mind, but I want to be able to do everything that Marcos and Bruce do with Brandon, ya’ know?”
“Well…sort-of. I mean I understand everything, but coming from a straight guy, well…ya’ know. But I’ll get that press conference together as soon as possible. When is the earliest time you’re available?”
“Tomorrow, and the Marriot in the Middle of the city.. You know the place.”
“Yeah I know. Is 4’o clock good?”
“Yeah, that’ll be fine.”
“Alright, see you tomorrow.”
I hung up the phone, and looked over at Brandon.
I smiled, and thought:
I am most definitely making the right choice.

Copyright © 2011 Windkaizer; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..