Jump to content
    Windkaizer
  • Author
  • 1,382 Words
  • 583 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Love is just 4 letters - 14. Chapter 14

Chapter 14
Rayne
After we left the pizzeria, and after we made sure no one was following us, we headed over Southside to go see my mother. On the way across the bridge from the city, Bruce called me. All in all, I can say I’m glad Brandon was driving.
“Hey guys. Where did you two disappear to?”
“We just went to Bottom’s Up for lunch, and then a waitress figured out who I was, so we got chased.”
“Damn, and I missed seeing you run away? That would have been funny as hell.”
“Ha-ha, you ass. Anyway, how are Marcos and his father doing?”
“They’re doing fine, just talking in the living room at the moment. They’re just talking about what honestly made them both turn out to be gay.”
“Let me guess, they’re saying it runs in the family?”
“And his father turned it into a bad joke. But it’s all good. Where are you two headed?”
“We’re just going over to my mother’s house. Haven’t seen her in a while, you know?”
“Yeah. Look, we’ll probably be out of here in an hour. Wait…make that three. Dison just said he’ll be inviting his boyfriend over, so we’ll probably be here for awhile.”
“Ok. Well if you need us, you know where we’ll be.”
“Alright. See you later.”
“Bye.”
I hung up and Brandon said, “Was that Bruce?”
“Yeah. He said they probably won’t meet us for another few hours because Dison invited his boyfriend over.”
“And we’re missing that? Damnit!”
“I know, but Bruce will tell us everything later. You still do remember how to get to my mother’s house right?”
“Of course! How in the hell could I forget the place where I’ve had some of my best dinners at?”
Maybe I should explain; you see Brandon’s mother can’t cook. I once went back to his house for Thanksgiving and his mother almost burnt the house down trying to cook rolls… in the microwave.
My mother, in both of our opinions…well, besides my grandmother, is probably the best cook in the whole world. I mean she cooks soul food like there is no tomorrow. Chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, potato salad, and any other type of food you can think of.
And now we’re at the front of her house by Reed Elementary school.
“Huh, I wonder how she’ll react to me being home so unexpected.”
“Does it matter? She’ll be happy to see both of us! Well, more so me than you, but hey, it don’t matter.”
I smacked him upside the head as I got out of the car and walked up to the front door. I fixed myself up in the glass of the screen door before I actually rang the door bell.
“Just a minute!” A woman’s voice said from inside. The door opened, and there stood my mother. 45, but she looked more like she was 36. Long hair, and unlike most women, it was not a weave. All natural, mainly because my mother hates fake hair and the fake bitches that go with them.
“Hey Baby!” I swear the time between her looking through the peep hole and her getting to me was .3 seconds. I was grasped and bear hugged by some thin but muscular arms, but hey, it’s my mother.
“Hey Brandon, how are you?” Brandon didn’t get it as badly as I did, but he still got his. “Um, Brandon, where yo ball and chain at?”
My mother just as nosey, but I knew the question was coming for him. “Um, actually, Jodi and I got a divorce a little while ago.”
“Good, good.”
I just shook my head while Brandon said, “Wha?”
“Oh child, I never liked her. At ya’ll wedding, I was so close to just standing up when the preacher said, ‘Speak now or forever hold your piece.’ But I ain’t yo mother, so I felt it wasn’t my place. I thought she was a fake-ass-gold-diggin’-bitch-hoe, turns out I was right.”
Brandon was, ya know, lookin’ stupid as hell while he digested this. And I laughing my ass off at what she just said, that was funny as hell.
“Well, hello to you to ma. How you been?” I had to get Brandon out of there somehow.
“Oh, I been fine.” She said turning back to me. “Mrs. Jones been askin’ ‘bout you. She wanted to know how you been doin. She also had said somthin’ ‘bout her daughter been wantin’ to meet you. I told her that wouldn’t work because you got way too much to much stuff to do on the road. But we know that’s not the issue. Ha-ha!” Maybe I should explain; my mother does know that I’m gay, and she doesn’t care. As long as I’m happy, she’s happy.
“Anywho,” my mother started, “Let’s get inside, I just finished bakin’ some apple pie.”
“I’m telling you Ms. Vikki, you sho can cook.”
“Well thank you Brandon, but you ain’t getting an extra slice.”
“Nice try though Brandon, so close.”
“Shut up Rayne.”
We got inside and sat down at the wood table, while my mother served us pie and vanilla ice cream.
“Well Rayne, how you been doing since I last talked to you? You been good?”
“Yeah ma, I been good. Bruce and Marcos wanted me to tell you hi, and that hey might stop by here later.”
“That’s good, how those two doing anyway?”
“They’re doing really well. Marcos went to go see his father today.”
“I remember what you told me when you two first met. Did anything bad happen?”
“No, the opposite actually. Marcos just found out that his father is gay as hell…um as well.”
“Child that is ironic as hell. A well, something told me that something like this might happen. Anyway, back to you Brandon. When did you two get the divorce?”
Brandon stopped eating long enough to say, “Actually, it happened only a week ago. Found someone else though. Feel like I could spend the rest of my life with this person.”
“That is so sweet. What’s his name?”
“Um, how did you know it was a he?”
“Well, you didn’t say ‘her’ or ‘she’ when you were talking ‘bout this person, so it had to be a he.”
“You know me all to well. Well, his name is…”
Just then the phone rang, and my mother said, “Hold on Brandon, be right back.”
I just smiled at Brandon, and he just smiled at me, with his mouth covered in apple and pie crust. I reached over, took the biggest piece of apple on his face, and slowly put it in my mouth, pullin’ my finger out a slow as possible. The look on his face was priceless, and he swallowed hard as hell.
When I bent down to tie my shoe, I could tell that he also had some other problem areas, in his pants.
Just then mother came back into the room muttering about telemarketers and how they should all burn in hell, and w had to get ourselves together really quickly. She didn’t notice though, and continued where she left off. “So Brandon, who’s the lucky man?”
“Well actually, it’s, um…” He just pointed at me.
“REALLY?! Oh, good. Thank Jesus! You two will be so good together, I just know it.” She took both our hands and said, “You have my blessin’. Be together forever okay?” She then grabbed both of us in real big hugs.
I then looked at my watch and told Brandon that we had to get going. My mother walked us to the door, and wished us good luck again.
Before we left, however, she whispered in Brandon’s ear, you ever hurt my baby, I’ll rip both of your legs off and beat you with ‘em, got that?” Brandon nodded nervously, “Good, ya’ll be good now.”
She waved us off as we got into the car, and I said, “She threatened to rip a part of your body off and beat you with it if you ever hurt me didn’t she?” He just nodded, “It’ll be okay Brandon, you ain’t that type of person.”
Just then my cell phone rang, it was Bruce.
“RAYNE! GET OVER TO ST. MARY’S NOW, MARCOS HAS BEEN SHOT!”

Copyright © 2011 Windkaizer; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..