Jump to content
    Windkaizer
  • Author
  • 978 Words
  • 841 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Love is just 4 letters - 18. Chapter 18

Chapter 18
Brandon
Damnit, I hope he is doing the right thing.
We had just arrived at the Marriott where the press conference was going to take place, and I wasn’t feeling so well.
“Rayne…are you sure about this? It seems like your rushing into things a bit here.”
“Yeah,” Bruce said as he got out of the limo. “I mean, I know that you’re tired of living this image that the media, and your fans, have put you in, but do you really want to risk giving up your career?”
Exasperated, Rayne replied, “Look, I know what I’m doing, all right? It just feels right, and yes Bruce, although I’m tired of living up to other people’s expectations. Also, I want what you and Marcos have; I want to be able to freely express who I truly am without having to go under the public’s eye.”
He looked at me, “Brandon, I want to be able to spend my life with you, and not hide it. I want to be able to hold hands with you in the open. Maybe not in every state, but you know what I mean. I want to be with you, and be able to show people that I’m homosexual black man, who is no longer in t he closet.”
After that little mini speech, I wasn’t sure whether to kiss him, or just hug him. So I did both. He was surprised to get them, but hey, it didn’t matter, he’s a good kisser even while he is surprised.
I put my head to his chest, and said “If that was your speech, I think you’ll knock ‘em dead.”
I heard a rumble in his chest, so I assumed he was chuckling.
“Aww…that was so sweet.” I heard Marcos say as I looked up. I turned around in time to see him hit Bruce in the shoulder.
“Ow.”
“Why don’t you ever say sweet things like that to me?”
“Oh, I do.”
“When?”
“Every time I say I love you. That says so many things that would take me forever to put into words about how I feel about you.” He sealed that with a kiss.
“Aww. Okay, anyway, let’s get inside. We’re getting some stares from people.”
We walked to the conference where, the press was there already. Surprisingly there was only a low murmur throughout the entire hall.
Yeah…it didn’t last long.
Almost as soon as we came into the room, one of the news people saw us and shouted, “Rayne!” After that pretty much every one came running over to us.
We were asked a lot of questions, mainly about why this press meeting was called.
Rayne just deflected them all by saying, “All of your questions will be answered in a moment.
We went up to the podium in front of the hall, and we sat down.
Out of nowhere, Keno sat beside me and said, “I sure this boy knows what he is doing.”
“Trust me, he does.”
Rayne stepped up to the podium as everyone quieted down.
“The reason I have called you here today is because I have something very important to tell you.”
An excited murmur went throughout the hall.
“After observing two close friends of mine for a long period of time, I decided I wanted what they have. The ability to be open about who they truly are, and not really give a damn about what other people say. Although, it wouldn’t matter much anyway, they’re big and muscular; people are too scared to actually say anything.” There was soft laughter from the audience, “But I truly want what they have. I want to be able to show the true me at all times, so I’ve decided,” If the audience doesn’t get it by now, they are total idiots, “To come out of the closet and announce that I am a gay African-American.”
Immediately, the hall erupted in a flood of questions.
“Yes, you in the front.”
“What do you expect will happen to your career now that you have come out of the closet?”
“To be honest, I really don’t know. I mean, sure, I’ll probably loose some of my fans, but if people can look past who I like to sleep with, they’ll see it’s the same ol’ me.”
The reporter next to him said, “When you decided to do this, did you have a fall back plan if your career suddenly went down the drain after you did this?”
“Yes actually, I did. In college, I got my degree in psychology, this way if the singing business didn’t work, I’d probably be able to go into practice. Last question, you in the back.”
“Is there any other reason you decided to come out of the aforementioned closet?”
“A-heh, well actually there is another reason. I’ve found someone.”
A person in the second row said, “Oh, who?”
He held his hand out to me, “This man right here, Brandon Warner. He was the one that made me see that no matter what, he will always be there for me. That’s why I love him so much, and I thank him too for all that he has done for me.”
He motioned for me to come closer to him. “Brandon, I love you, and I want to thank you for everything that you have done for me. Come here.”
I went to him, and when I got close enough, he spun me around and kissed me, hard, while all of the reporters took a mad amount of photos.
And all he did when that was over was say, “Love you, baby.”
I just smiled and replied, “You know I’m so going to get you back for this, you know that right?”
“I hope you do.”
Lets just say that we had some fun when we got home that night.

Copyright © 2011 Windkaizer; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..