Jump to content
    Yeoldebard
  • Author
  • 1,421 Words
  • 91,849 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Damian's Wolf - 35. Mates' Comfort

The car pulled into the pack house near three in the morning. All three of Jordan’s passengers were asleep, snoring quietly as the human parked. The world around them was quiet, the wolves long gone to bed. It was a moment of peace, calm in their hectic lives, and Jordan just sat for a moment, enjoying the stillness.

Until that stillness was pierced by a shrieking cry from the backseat.

Damian and Lysander both bolted awake at Dylan’s call, the older neko quickly peering into the bassinet.

“Someone made a stinky,” he announced.

Lysander yawned, stretching as much as he could in the cramped space of the car.

“We just got back home. Let’s get Dylan inside before he wakes the wolves,” Jordan suggested, glancing at the wolf.

He stepped out of the car and opened the back door. Carefully unbuckling the carseat, the man lifted Dylan out of the car, letting the bassinet swing gently in an effort to soothe the angry neko.

Damian grabbed the bags and Lysander carried the trash to a garbage bin. The trio made their way to the apartment, Dylan wailing his complaints to the world.

Claire’s door opened as Lysander unlocked their door, and Arisa stepped outside with a groggy scowl.

“There you three are. I hope you enjoyed Mydara,” she yawned.

“Not really,” Jordan shrugged. “Unless you want to help us change Dylan, I suggest you head back to your… buffet.”

“Well why not? I mean, I figure I’ll be changing plenty of diapers while you three are wolfed out,” Arisa said, following them into the apartment.

“Really? You would watch Dylan while we’re shifted?” Damian asked in surprise.

“Of course. I’m already sitting with Claire during the full moon. Dylan would give her someone else to cuddle while she’s stuck.”

“Um… thanks? But when did you start getting cool with babies? First the carseat, and then changing diapers…” Jordan frowned.

“Oh that. Etul adopted a human son three months ago. And you call yourself my friend,” Arisa laughed.

“I’ve been a little busy,” Jordan protested.

“Yeah, I know. By the way, looking good Lysander. Claire looks like she could be your shadow.”

The wolf huffed quietly, before padding deeper into the apartment. He stepped into his room, letting the door close behind him.

“Was it something I said?” Arisa frowned.

“For once, no it was not. His father died yesterday. And some dickwad threw a rock at him while we were howling,” Jordan scowled.

“Fuck that. Anyone ever tries to pull that bullshit again, you tell me. They can’t call it wolf related violence if I’m not a wolf.”

“Look, Arisa, I’m happy to see you, but do you think we can wait to catch up until tomorrow? I’ve been driving all night, I’m running on fumes right now, and I need to figure out how to comfort a grieving wolf.”

The elf nodded, heading back to the door.

“Okay, but if you need anything, just call.”

“Thanks,” Jordan nodded, reaching for his phone. “Damian, can you unpack? I want to call the guard before anything else can happen.”

“Yeah, no problem,” Damian yawned.

“The guard? What are you calling them for?” Arisa frowned.

“Thayla. I think she’s the one who burned down the apartment.”

“Oh. She owes me some money then,” the elf said. “At least ten gold to fix the building.”

“Yeah, I’m sorry, but somehow I doubt you’ll be getting that back. Now, please Arisa. Go enjoy your mate.”

“Oh, as long as Etul stops pretending I burned the place down myself for insurance money, I’ll be happy,” Arisa scoffed, opening the door. “I’ll check on you tomorrow.”

Jordan let out a quiet sigh as the door closed. Staring at the phone in his hand, the werewolf steeled himself, before dialing.

 

“We’ll be sure to check her out, but we can’t do anything without the king’s approval.”

Jordan frowned as a mug of steaming chocolate was set in front of him.

“I understand. Have a good morning,” he said into the phone, glancing up at Damian.

A press of a button ended the call, and Jordan dropped the phone on the table in front of him.

“What’s this?”

“Hot cocoa. We could use the emotional boost,” Damian shrugged, setting a plate of cookies in front of the werewolf.

“And the cookies?”

“I bought some biscuits with my votives,” Damian added. “Dylan’s sleeping. I’m going to check on Sander.”

“I… I think I need to go for a walk. I’m not doing so good,” Jordan said quietly, staring at the mug.

Damian’s hand grabbed the werewolf’s, squeezing it gently.

“None of us are,” he murmured. “Give me a minute, okay? I’ll make sure Sander is okay and then maybe we can kick the ball around on the half pitch. Or go swimming, or something physical. It would be safer than leaving the pack house right now.”

Jordan sighed quietly, taking a drink of the chocolate.

“That… that isn’t poisonous to werewolves, right?” Damian asked suddenly.

“Of course not… I don’t think…” Jordan shrugged. “If it is, I guess we’ll find out soon enough.”

“Don’t joke about that,” Damian cringed.

“Sorry,” the werewolf muttered.

“I’m this close to just giving everyone here a taste of me just to lighten the mood,” the neko grumbled.

“I wouldn’t mind that,” Jordan shrugged. “Though maybe you should wait a bit for Lysander. I don’t think he’d want that right now.”

Damian’s ears flickered uncertainly, his face falling slightly.

“It’s not… disrespectful, is it?”

Jordan’s hand reached up, fingers cupping under Damian’s chin.

“If you are worried about that, then we don’t have to do it, okay? Besides, I need to get some sleep. I want to check on the store today.”

“But Miss Reyla said-”

“Miss Reyla isn’t around anymore,” the werewolf sighed quietly, a twinge of pain running through his heart. “I need to make sure the store is doing okay. And if we close right now, it will send the wrong message.”

“I don’t really care about messages,” Damian said quietly. “I just want you to be safe.”

“I will be,” Jordan promised, gently pressing his lips into the neko’s. “Now, why don’t we get some sl-”

A sudden whine cut through his words, Dylan complaining from his room, and the werewolf chuckled ruefully, shaking his head.

“I’ll take care of this one, and then join you and Sander, okay?” he corrected himself.

“So no walk?” Damian asked.

“No. I think you’re right; it’s better if I stay here right now.”

The neko’s arms wrapped around Jordan tightly, a faltering purr rumbling through them both.

“Thank you Jordan.”

The werewolf nodded, patting Damian’s back gently.

“Go on now, get comfortable. I’ll be with you in a few minutes.”

Damian pulled away and headed to their bedroom. Jordan glanced at the time, and began warming up a bottle for his son.

 

The werewolf crawled into bed, trying his best to stifle a yawn. He sank down beside Lysander, gently scratching the wolf’s head as a snore escaped Lysander.

“Is Dylan okay?” Damian whispered.

“Yeah, just needed a hug and some breakfast. He’s been in a carseat for nearly a day.”

“Oh… yeah, I… I didn’t think about that,’ Damian breathed, his ears folding in shame.

“Hey, we can’t think of everything. And the journey was hard on all of us, but it’s okay. We’re home now, and we can give each other all the love that we need,” Jordan said quietly, reaching over Lysander to rub Damian’s head.

The wolf next to him suddenly sprawled out, rolling onto his back as his body grew outward. The crunch of bones rearranging signalled the setting of the moon, and Lysander let out a snort in his sleep. Hands reached for something, Damian pulling a blanket over his naked mate. It seemed to work, and Lysander curled up underneath, returning to his sleep.

“Do… do you think you can hold me tonight?” Damian breathed, his eyes seeking out Jordan’s in the dark.

“Of course,” Jordan murmured, getting out of bed.

He walked around the bed and carefully laid back down, an arm pulling his neko into himself. Legs wrapped around Damian’s, a heavy hand holding him down as Jordan’s hand gently ran through the neko’s hair. A purr broke out from Damian’s chest as he snuggled into the warm weight, the comfort of his mate holding him close.

“I love you Damian,” the werewolf murmured into Damian’s head.

“I love you too…”

Copyright © 2019 Yeoldebard; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 16
  • Love 13
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Now that everyone is back home, Damian and Jordan's goal will be to help Lysander through the grieving process.

It was a delight to see this chapter! Can't wait for the next installment. Another wonderful chapter, ye!

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, astone2292 said:

Now that everyone is back home, Damian and Jordan's goal will be to help Lysander through the grieving process.

It was a delight to see this chapter! Can't wait for the next installment. Another wonderful chapter, ye!

It took a while to get this chapter out, but hopefully the next won't take two weeks to write.
Lysander's going to be fun to write. He has issues that are bubbling up, and they need to be dealt with.

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
16 hours ago, Geron Kees said:

Good to be home again. In more ways than one!

Pleased to have you pick up this great story again.

Yes indeed; Home again. I had lost my tracking on this story and had to play catch-up. Wow, what a journey these 3…and 1/2 have been on; and poor Ms Reyla.

Ms Reyla had been friendly and supportive of the Wolf folks prior to Jordan arriving at her porch. As to the targeting timeline; that may remain a question, but the motives are fairly clear. If indeed the magic was used to “seal” Ms Reyla’s fate then the timeline may be more clearly connected to Jordan.

As a fan of Brothers, it is neat to see the backstory to Dylan and his fathers.

Thanks for sharing this unique world of Damian’s Wolf @Yeoldebard.

  • Love 4
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Philippe said:

Yes indeed; Home again. I had lost my tracking on this story and had to play catch-up. Wow, what a journey these 3…and 1/2 have been on; and poor Ms Reyla.

Ms Reyla had been friendly and supportive of the Wolf folks prior to Jordan arriving at her porch. As to the targeting timeline; that may remain a question, but the motives are fairly clear. If indeed the magic was used to “seal” Ms Reyla’s fate then the timeline may be more clearly connected to Jordan.

As a fan of Brothers, it is neat to see the backstory to Dylan and his fathers.

Thanks for sharing this unique world of Damian’s Wolf @Yeoldebard.

I would just like to mention that Stella is a different character from Blanche Reyla. I know they might blend a bit, but they're both separate from each other, and as far as I know, Stella has not been targeted. Yet.

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment

Finally a time to sleep. Hopefully it will be a peaceful sleep.  The guys need strength and some good times to rebuild their spirits after the last several days of hell they have experienced.  Did the guard's response to the news Jordan told him about Thayla raise anyones' hackles?  The response seemed a bit guarded to me.🤔

  • Love 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..