Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Coming soon; new stories.

Okay, first, the bad news. On Tuesday, I won't be posting anything to my site. :(

I'm on hiatus, for a while. Currently, I am finishing up a story (A full novel) for Premium, that must be complete prior to posting. I'm almost done. (It's called Jake, and based on my short story, Three for Jake, continuing it). As a guess, I'm about a week from finishing the first draft (no one on my team has seen it yet, because I'm writing it at once). All I have left to do are about two chapter's worth in the middle of the novel.

OK, now, for my public site, I have been working on a novel called "Circumnaviagion", my next serial. It's all new, not a sequel. It's on hold until I get "Jake" drafted completely, but once that's dine, I'll resume "Circumnavigation". I will have at least one chapter online before the end of September. My target at the moment is about September 15th, a bit over two weeks away, but everything would have to click perfectly for that to happen.

Sorry for the hiatus; I tried to get "Jake" done over the last few months, but I'm not a fast writer; keeping up the chapter-a-week pace of Changing Lanes didn't leave enough room to write a complete novel, and my six-week trip plus subseqent flu caused me to miss a lot of writing time. So, Jake was only half done when I finished drafting Changing Lanes. I'm been giving it my all ever since, but my goal (Having Jake all done and Circumnavigation ready to launch when Changing Lanes finished posting) was out of reach.

Circumnavigation is about errr, hrmmm, what can I say without a spoiler? <looks around nervously :ph34r: for the Echidna> Okay, <said in a whisper> Circumnavigation is in large part about Trevor. I think you'll like Trev, and his world of fun and sun and the cruising-yacht world at a Florida Marina. As for the title.. Circumnavigation means going around something. I dare not say more, not where the anti-spoiler Echidna might see.... :ph34r:

CJ :)

Okay, first, the bad news. On Tuesday, I won't be posting anything to my site. :(

I'm on hiatus, for a while. Currently, I am finishing up a story (A full novel) for Premium, that must be complete prior to posting. I'm almost done. (It's called Jake, and based on my short story, Three for Jake, continuing it). As a guess, I'm about a week from finishing the first draft (no one on my team has seen it yet, because I'm writing it at once). All I have left to do are about two chapter's worth in the middle of the novel.

OK, now, for my public site, I have been working on a novel called "Circumnaviagion", my next serial. It's all new, not a sequel. It's on hold until I get "Jake" drafted completely, but once that's dine, I'll resume "Circumnavigation". I will have at least one chapter online before the end of September. My target at the moment is about September 15th, a bit over two weeks away, but everything would have to click perfectly for that to happen.

Sorry for the hiatus; I tried to get "Jake" done over the last few months, but I'm not a fast writer; keeping up the chapter-a-week pace of Changing Lanes didn't leave enough room to write a complete novel, and my six-week trip plus subseqent flu caused me to miss a lot of writing time. So, Jake was only half done when I finished drafting Changing Lanes. I'm been giving it my all ever since, but my goal (Having Jake all done and Circumnavigation ready to launch when Changing Lanes finished posting) was out of reach.

Circumnavigation is about errr, hrmmm, what can I say without a spoiler? <looks around nervously :ph34r: for the Echidna> Okay, <said in a whisper> Circumnavigation is in large part about Trevor. I think you'll like Trev, and his world of fun and sun and the cruising-yacht world at a Florida Marina. As for the title.. Circumnavigation means going around something. I dare not say more, not where the anti-spoiler Echidna might see.... :ph34r:

CJ :)

:great:...................I was wondering if you were going to start a new series or not!!

Hrm, well, now that Changing Lanes is done I can resume reading :)

And, hrm, I was thinking about Three for Jake the other day for some reason. I must say I liked that short story....kind of...butt, I wasn't thrilled with his death in the end :(

Any chance of a rewrite or perhaps he survived, or anything, pretty pleeeaaaassseeee. I even have lots of food to feed the goat as a bribe...

<pulls out a couple full trash cans and puts em by the curb>

LT

Hrm, well, now that Changing Lanes is done I can resume reading :)

And, hrm, I was thinking about Three for Jake the other day for some reason. I must say I liked that short story....kind of...butt, I wasn't thrilled with his death in the end :(

Any chance of a rewrite or perhaps he survived, or anything, pretty pleeeaaaassseeee. I even have lots of food to feed the goat as a bribe...

<pulls out a couple full trash cans and puts em by the curb>

LT

Ermmm, Hmmm, How can I answer without it being a spoiler? Well... The novel "Jake" includes the short story "Three for Jake" as a prologue, and it is all in first-person, same narrator, continuing from the point where the short story ends. If Jake had died, that would be.. problematic. :)

The ending of Three for Jake does not say that he died. He loses consciousness, and thinks he's dying, but nowhere does it say that he died. That outcome was merely left open for the reader's interpretation (and thus, not a cliffhanger). :)

And, um, trash? I'm a slightly more finicky goat than that. :P

Just an update:

Jake is taking longer to wrap up than I thought (mainly due to life intruding and slashing my writing time), though I do expect to do so this week, for the draft anyway. Then, I can get back to work on Circumnavigation.

Sorry for the delay.

And we kep waaiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting... :ranger:

I know, sorry!! I've had a lot of stuff do deal with offline; work, car repairs, house repairs, etc.

Jake is in Beta, and I have to add a few scenes, otherwise it's done. Cirumnavigation, the next serial for the public site, has just a couple of chapters at the moment, but I'll start on it full-time as soon as Jake is done (Sunday, at the latest).

BTW, you'll see "Jake" chapters very shortly, and "Circumnativation" ones soon. :)

CJ

• Like 1

And we kep waaiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting... :ranger:

I know, sorry!! I've had a lot of stuff do deal with offline; work, car repairs, house repairs, etc.

Hard to believe I'm an editor, right? Two typos starting a single sentence paragraph and it is the only thing I've posted in months :read:

Editors? Making Mistakes? What blasphemy!

Lookin forward to more stuff CJ! You're one of the best... even if you do torture Eric's and make them all evil and stuff :P

So, will there be an appearence of an Eric in any of your new stories? Just curious :great:

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..