Looking for a specific type of story, suggestions welcomed. Details in

Hello,

So I haven't posted much (at all) on Gay Authors. I keep meaning to write some stories for fun, but it's a lot of work. One of these days! Anyway on to my request: I'm interested in stories about the seduction of a 'straight' boy. I'm kind of in the mood to indulge in that romance trope and can't find any I haven't read. The straight boy could be a homophobe, or he could be tolerant and realize he's gay but I'd like the romance to center around the straight boy coming to terms with the fact that he's either gay or bi. Anyone have any recommendations sort of like this?

Thanks in advance if you do. It's one of my favorite story tropes. :)

• Like 1

KC's Pour Me Another is awesome, and if I remember right Michael was 'straight'. Sasha has one I've never read, although I've been meaning to, and from what I've seen of the characters (they made an appearance in another of his stories) they're pretty cool. It's called Unexpected Liaisons. The Ordinary Us by Domluka is one of the best stories I've ever read, and it fits your criteria perfectly, so if you haven't read that you're in for a treat :D

Hey Thanks for the replies. I just got home, but to answer some of your questions over what I'm looking for...I honestly don't have a preference other than the Trope itself. I want to be broad as to accommodate many suggestions. I suppose I'd prefer stories that aren't work in progress. 

As to my reading list, to go over that I'd be listing a lot of stories. I've read a lot. Nifty, Awesomedude, Fictionpress, Wattpadd, you name it. It's hard to find stories I haven't read, but honestly not too difficult. Seems a lot of recommendations already in this thread are new to me. I love that there is always more to read. Anyway, hopefully that will answer some of your questions. I can clarify specific tastes in plot a bit later once I'm relaxed.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Just an fyi, we have a feature in Stories called 'Advanced Search' that will let you sort search Stories by criteria like genre, tags, rating, status, and then how your results are ordered by title, reads number of reviews, most recent update, etc... That's not as helpful here, when you're looking for a specific trope within the plot, but it's still a handy feature for readers to know about when they are first looking for reads on the site.

Any other suggestions? I read through Pour Me Another, it was quite good. Bookmarked Crosscurrents and Working it Out for later. I started Working it out but found the romance to be a little quick, two chapters in and the main character thinks he's in love? I don't have a problem with that so much as I'd like a little more character development. Going to keep reading though. :)

Faxity I've read The Ordinary Us, it was quite good. Though tbh I preferred Desert Dropping. Such great Character development and I just absolutely loved the love interest in that one. Highlight the following text for spoilers: The Characters were absolutely fantastic, I really felt like I got to know them over the course of that story. So many great moments, and we're lead on to believe that the Love Interest is a scumbag with maybe some redeeming qualities but then we meet the real love interest and he's just adorable. He's nerdy but caring...it was a good story. Great story. Wasn't his name Seth or something like that? <3 End Spoilers.

Anyway would love to hear any other suggestions you have about this trope. Or maybe just suggestions in general, but I can make another thread for that if needed.

• Like 1

Yeah, Desert Dropping was better, but The Ordinary Us was the one that fit your criteria. My favorite Dom story will always be The Long Way, though :D

Desert Dropping is definitely good, but I never really got to like Seth that much, and I hated that Rory (the main character) didn't end up with Luke (the other guy who liked him). I warmed up to that a bit after reading the other story about Luke (I think 'stupid' was in the title?), but since it was never completed I still wish Rory had gotten with Luke :lol:

Some other ones I found (I've never read any of them, so I'm not 100% sure they're what you're looking for, but they seem like it):

Dangerous Liaisons by Nephylim

From Behind Those Eyes by viv

Just Out Of Reach by Comicality

Leopard Skin Cover by Graeme (this one's the first part of a series)

Life's A Grind by Jack Scribe

Running Far Afield by Libby Drew

Paradise by carringtonrj

Queered by carringtonrj

Vintage by carringtonrj 

Wifed by carringtonrj

Becoming - A Story in Three Parts by carringtonrj

The Preacher's Son by Rob Colton (is also a popular ebook)

The Ranch Foreman by Rob Colton

Thanks for the suggestions, will look into them. :) I've seen leopard skin by Graeme mentioned a couple times so I might read that one next ...though the graem stories I've read have always been terribly depressing lol so I'd if that one is any different.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Leopard Skin Cover doesn't really meet the requirement -- it's a closeted guy who knows he's gay, not someone who is seduced. Another one of my novels that's closer would be The Price of Friendship, but it also doesn't quite meet the criteria.

My stories are depressing? :wacko: You must've read mainly my short stories. :P I certainly have some depressing ones there, but apart from New Brother, I'd like to think my novels are all positive :)