If it's appropriate, track down the 'old man' this weekend and wish him a Happy Father's Day. I look back and regret I didn't try a little harder to let my father know I loved him.

To those dads who have successfully dealt (are dealing) with GBLT issues, on both sides of the fence, a special salute.

Jack B)

If it's appropriate, track down the 'old man' this weekend and wish him a Happy Father's Day. I look back and regret I didn't try a little harder to let my father know I loved him.

To those dads who have successfully dealt (are dealing) with GBLT issues, on both sides of the fence, a special salute.

Jack B)

Very nice Jack, this sunday Mark and my father, infact the whole two families will be getting together for the first time, we plan on having a BBQ at Mark's parents house. Should be interesting since my father isn't too crazy about lawyers and Marks whole family are lawyers lol. :)

Well, then they will just have to do what they do best, and persuade your family to love them. :P Besides, if they are like him, and you love him, it should be fairly easy. If not, you can always go with the 'but he makes me happy and we love each other' route :wub:

Happy Father's Day to all of you here. Lots of love and happiness!

Hugs, Viv

• Site Administrator

And to all the fathers out there, remember you get to celebrate again in September when Australia has its Father's Day :D

For some reason, Mother's Day is celebrated at the same time in most countries, but not Father's Day...

• Site Administrator

I'm playing in the Father/Son golf tourny on Sunday with my dad.

If this year is like last, he's going to keep pointing out guys and teens and asking if I liked them. :rolleyes:

Myr

I'm playing in the Father/Son golf tourny on Sunday with my dad.

If this year is like last, he's going to keep pointing out guys and teens and asking if I liked them. :rolleyes:

Myr

Sounds like a cool dad to me. :)

We have just planned a family get together. My brother and his lover of 4 years will be there, along with Morgan and I. I

My dad wanted to go fishing, but since I'm working all day that day (10am to 6:30pm) he decided that we could do it another day. Unfortunately we can only do it on weekends and I work all weekend every weekend. It tends to be a pain in the ass and I don't plan on staying with this store after summer.

When I was a kid, whenever we were at one of my dad's functions with his colleagues, he used to grab me and put his arm around me and introduce me. He liked to show me off. It used to embarrass me, but now I miss it.

My Dad has a very strong moral sense of right and wrong, which he combines with an ability to never judge anyone just because they're not like him, and I thank him for passing that on to me. Happy Fathers Day. :)

I know my dads proud of me (even though I don't think I've really achieved that much) because he's taken the time to tell me so.

And he was also the one that told me, if you ever get in a car wreck and there's any witnesses, the first thing you need to do is jump out of your car and shout at the other driver "What the HELL did you do that for, you idiot??" :D

Happy Fathers Day Dad. :worship:

My dad will be getting a card saying:

"Dear Dad,

Everyday your growing older, weaker..

Ive been working out

Happy Fathers Day"

:P

That was excellent! :D Yes, the same thought has crossed my mind once or twice; fortunately, I've never acted on it.

I want to wish my da, James, a very Happy Father's Day!

Whenever I'm in Ontario and want to visit him, I have to go to his golf course. :lol: He's 85.

Conner

• Site Administrator

I have to admit that I got a pleasant surprise this morning -- a Father's Day e-card from one of my readers. I was very polite and didn't mention that it wasn't Father's Day in Australia and just sent back a thank you. They replied and said that they have since been informed by their other Aussie friends that it wasn't Father's Day....

And he was also the one that told me, if you ever get in a car wreck and there's any witnesses, the first thing you need to do is jump out of your car and shout at the other driver "What the HELL did you do that for, you idiot??" :D

Happy Fathers Day Dad. :worship:

I hope he doesn't tell that story tomorrow at dinner B)

Hi all:

Yesterday, I had a great day with my 'daddy'! I'm a fatherless teen boy, but yesterday, my 'daddy' and I spent the whole day with each other. We had the whole weekend together - yes, mom knows I'm gay.

BabyEvan

Mother's Day is celebrated at the same time in most countries

In England it is celebrated on the fourth Sunday in Lent. Several other countries have adopted the US Second Sunday of May date, which came from a lady's efforts to get the whole country to commemorate the date of the death of her mother.

Well, then they will just have to do what they do best, and persuade your family to love them. :P Besides, if they are like him, and you love him, it should be fairly easy. If not, you can always go with the 'but he makes me happy and we love each other' route :wub:

Happy Father's Day to all of you here. Lots of love and happiness!

Hugs, Viv

It wasn't so bad, our parents got along great. Even when our fathers were BBQing together. B)

Hi all:

Yesterday, I had a great day with my 'daddy'! I'm a fatherless teen boy, but yesterday, my 'daddy' and I spent the whole day with each other. We had the whole weekend together - yes, mom knows I'm gay.

BabyEvan

Hi Evan. Welcome to the forum. Question, if you

It wasn't so bad, our parents got along great. Even when our fathers were BBQing together. B)

Ohhhhhhhh boy... boys and their toys... er... BBQ's! Glad it went well :D YAY!