Wanted: condom tester

• Site Administrator

I liked the bit about using them for protecting rifle barrels :) And I'd read about the road construction use before.

However, I noticed in the original article for condom testers that they seemed to assume the testers would be heterosexual. I thought, purely as a community service, of course, that some of our male Australian members should apply to make sure the condoms are suitable for the homosexual community, too 0:)

I liked the bit about using them for protecting rifle barrels :) And I'd read about the road construction use before.

However, I noticed in the original article for condom testers that they seemed to assume the testers would be heterosexual. I thought, purely as a community service, of course, that some of our male Australian members should apply to make sure the condoms are suitable for the homosexual community, too 0:)

:whistle: I wouldn't mind that the least bit!!!

Let me tell you, I have some great condom stories. I worked with the Canadian FDA for several years. The FDA also handles medical devices, which would include condoms. If you were in the doldrums, it was time to schedule an inspection of a condom manufacturer or importer. We'd go straight to the complaint records. :P Some of those complaint letters would turn the air blue if they were read aloud, I tell ya. :lmao:

Yes, when a condom breaks during intercourse, we do not have happy campers.

This was pre-AIDS though. Government standards for condoms were virtually non-existent. That all changed when AIDS was recognized as a serious public health risk in the 80's. The government started conducting massive testing programs to monitor condom quality and compliance with the new standards. The number of condom recalls over about a 2-year period was just incredible. Condoms available today are of very good quality.

One day I'll tell you about my encounter with a Swede and his ABC brand of condoms. That was hilarious.

Conner

• Site Administrator
One day I'll tell you about my encounter with a Swede and his ABC brand of condoms. That was hilarious.

Tease! :P

Ok, so here it is.

We had received a trade complaint regarding the sale of the ABC condom. ABC stood for Anti-Baby Condom. It contained a spermicidal, which, at that time, classified the product as a 'new drug' requiring a full submission and approval prior to marketing. Yours truly got to investigate. :D

It was a one man operation, a Swedish dude about 30 years old. He operated from a small warehouse, all his condom products were imported. Most of his sales were through vending machines in bars, restaurants, etc. Other sales were to sex shops. As he spent a lot of time on the road, it was difficult getting in touch with him. That's right, young dudes, this took place in the 'olden days', no cell phones or automatic voice mail which could be checked from off-site locations. :P It's true, I kid you not.

Finally, I set up an appointment. He was very cooperative. In exchange for his cooperation in not selling the ABC's anymore, I had to listen to him rant for about 20 minutes. :lol:

First he started in on the travesties and injustices committed on his vending machines when a particular brand was out of stock or the machine was malfunctioning - as in taking the purchasers' money and not providing anything in return. Some clients would go to the extent of knocking the machine right off the wall. A few of those would take the machine with them.

In complete frustration, he stated, "Go ahead and take them. I don't care. People don't f**K anymore anyways. It's all blow jobs. Even the truckers just collect them for the colours." :lmao:

I sat there quietly and respectfully doing everything I could not to laugh. I couldn't wait to get back to the office and tell this story to the guys.

Conner

Edited by Conner