Embarasing Moments

jfalkon

Recently I was thinking back on a family vacation my parents and I took many years ago. I managed to do something so stupid on that trip that I thought I would die of embarasment. Now I think about it and laugh.

I was on a tour of Yellowstone park. We were walking on a baordwalk. There were little signs along the way that said "Please stay on path." There seemed to be grass on both sides of the path. I asked my mother why we were not aloud to walk on the grass. She told me that the "grass" was actualy a type of water plant. I did not believe her and steped off the path. A second later I was up to my waist in mud and holding on to the planks of the baord walk. The walk back to the car seemed a milion long and people kept staring at me. I found myself wishing I had drowned in that mud. LOL

So that's my story. Want to tell me your's?

It was Sunday, November the 6th 2005, and I was helping my dad clean out the gutters. It had sprinkled earlier that day and it was supposed to rain a lot starting the next day, so Dad decided we had to get it done. I was 15 years old and could do such dumb things sometimes!

We were just about finished. Dad had brought the hose up to the gutters on the second story in the front to flush them. We have a ladder that will reach the edge of the second story roof on our house. Dad had done most of the climbing, but he'd come down and he asked me to climb up and pull out the hose. It was stuck. I climbed about 3/4 of the way up the ladder and started pulling on the hose. The smart thing would have been to climb up the rest of the way and pull the hose out. But I'm basically lazy, so I pulled on it real hard. It came loose all at once and I lost my balance. I had the hose in my right hand, so I grabbed the left side of the ladder with my left hand. Instead of letting go of the hose, and grabbing the right side of the ladder to keep from falling, I kept hanging onto the hose. Because I'd lost my balance, I also lost my footing. I sort of slid down the ladder, hanging on with my left hand all the way, and the palm of my left hand got totally scraped and skinned. I totally bunged up my knees as they hit the rungs, and the front of my left armpit felt really sore.

I ended up lying on the ground. It seemed like one second I was starting to slide down the ladder and the next second I was lying on my back on the ground. Nothing felt broken or strained, just cuts and scrapes and bruises. Mostly, I really felt dumb!

Dad thought I'd fallen off the ladder onto my back and probably broken my neck or something serious. By the time he got over to me I was standing up holding my left hand out so the blood wouldn't run down into my armpit or get on my clothes. Both knees of my pants were torn and I could see my knees were scraped and bleeding too. When dad saw I wasn't dead he asked me "what the hell were you doing?" so I could tell he was really concerned. And pissed. And frustrated. About me. A typical Dad.

Of course Mom came running out of the house when she heard me shout, and totally freaked. They drove me in a mad panic to Kaiser's emergency room. The doctor asked me what happened and I told him all the details. I said the one good thing was that I saved the hose. Everyone laughed, including the doctor. Then Mom rolled her eyes and Dad looked at me like I didn't have any brains. They were right.

I had x-rays of my neck, chest, left arm, groin, and both legs, then they prodded and poked me everywhere (well, almost everywhere! :lol: ) and decided that I hadn't broken anything and didn't have any internal injuries. The doctor put in stitches to close the cuts on my knees, and dressed my palm with some sort of antibacterial goo and gauze pads and adhesive tape, and gave Mom the tube of goo and pads and tape so she could change the dressing until my palm healed.

The worst thing was the way my folks treated me for the next couple of months, like I was a dumb little kid who couldn't be trusted doing anything. They were right.

The best thing was having such a great story to tell at school, and making everyone laugh about what I did. And maybe they learned something, too. I sure did.

Colin B)

My most embarrassing moment,

Hrmm I'd have to say it was on a camping trip I went on with the guys in my family.

We were all gathered around staring into the 6ft diameter gaping mouth of hell we call a fire pit and just bantering back and forth. I was getting some raz, being called 'bushmaster' after having earlier driven a Honda Odyssey with no breaks into a bush in order to avoid my niece who had decide to stop her little raptor 80 between said bush and a small cliff.

Anyhow I was laughing it all off and joking back, the best defense is a good offense... SO I decided I need to go find myself a tree to relieve the building pressure in my bladder. Now I don't know if you've ever had the opportunity to go camping on a moonless night five miles from the nearest freeway offramp and, at least twenty from anything that even remotely resembles civilization. Needless to say anything beyond the ring of fire light is completely dark.

Which is why a tree not that far off makes good sense to use for the more modest out there. Stumbling off into the darkness I had forgotten about our previous pit only half filled in with dirt and char a mere six feet from the current fire pit, and in the darkness I blindly walked right into it. Knowing the razzing I was going to receive over it, I just continued my stride and climbed right back out.

Nobody said anything, I thought I was cool.

I found a tree did my business and proceeded to walk back to the glowing fire, walking right into the previous pit again, and of course mimicking my earlier save walked right out. Taking my seat My cousin looked up at me and asked If I really walked into the same fire pit twice, and they all started laughing.

yep thats family for you...

Steve

I found a tree did my business and proceeded to walk back to the glowing fire, walking right into the previous pit again, and of course mimicking my earlier save walked right out. Taking my seat My cousin looked up at me and asked If I really walked into the same fire pit twice, and they all started laughing.

yep thats family for you...

Steve

:lmao::lmao: Twice!! :P

Mine was probably due to a watch. A cheap electronic one that played "Stars and stripes forever" as the loud, tinny alarm. The watch malfunctioned one day, and I couldn't get it to stop playing until I adjusted it with a rock.

Wouldn't have been that bad, if I hadn't been a pallbearer at a funeral when it happened.

Hmmm, I've thought long about this, and believe me I have quite a supply of embarrassing stories. I won't go into the time in college when I accidentally, and all too unknowingly, paraded around my apartment, while my roommates were having company no less, with my butt completely visible. Nor will I go into the time in high school when my friends and I were stuck in traffic at the top of a very long bridge, and I decided that having consumed a bit too much vodka now would be the perfect time to throw up all over them, myself, and the vehicle.

Instead boys and girls I'll share with you my standard "embarrassing moment" story. This happened when I was about 16 or 17. I was in my hometown and I pulled up to one of the local shops (okay, actually it was the liquor store, but that was purely coincidental; I was there for something else). So I pull up, I park, and I reach for the door handle...only the door won't open. :blink:

Well, it was old truck, so I figured maybe it was stuck. SO I pushed harder. Still no luck. Undeterred I thought perhaps if I really nudged it, it would open. So I'm sitting there throwing my whole weight against the door and pulling on the handle, the whole truck is shaking like mad...but the door STILL won't open. By now I'm starting to freak out a bit. "No problem" I think "I'll just call someone and calmly explain that I'm trapped". It was at this point that I realized I'd forgotten to grab my cell phone when I left the house. So by now I'm borderline hysterical and I actually begin trying to find something I can use to break the glass and climb out...It was at this time that I realized "Oh duh! You can just roll the window down" :*)

....alas the story DOES NOT end there. After rolling down the window and beginning to climb out my knee brushed against something. It's amazing how much more easily doors open when you unlock them.

-Kevin :boy:

Edited by AFriendlyFace

....alas the story DOES NOT end there. After rolling down the window and beginning to climb out my knee brushed against something. It's amazing how much more easily doors open when you unlock them.

:lol::lol:

Btw, the old truck seems to be really tough! :D

Ieshwar

Okay, this is not my most embarrassing moment, but one of my most embarrassing moments. Disclaimer: This story may contain nauseous details.

I was about five years old and it was my grandmothers birthday. :) The whole family gathered together for dinner in a nice restaurant to condignly celebrate the occasion. The main dish was excellent and we were all pretty full. To my mother

Hmmm, I've thought long about this, and believe me I have quite a supply of embarrassing stories. I won't go into the time in college when I accidentally, and all too unknowingly, paraded around my apartment, while my roommates were having company no less, with my butt completely visible. Nor will I go into the time in high school when my friends and I were stuck in traffic at the top of a very long bridge, and I decided that having consumed a bit too much vodka now would be the perfect time to throw up all over them, myself, and the vehicle.

Instead boys and girls I'll share with you my standard "embarrassing moment" story. This happened when I was about 16 or 17. I was in my hometown and I pulled up to one of the local shops (okay, actually it was the liquor store, but that was purely coincidental; I was there for something else). So I pull up, I park, and I reach for the door handle...only the door won't open. :blink:

Well, it was old truck, so I figured maybe it was stuck. SO I pushed harder. Still no luck. Undeterred I thought perhaps if I really nudged it, it would open. So I'm sitting there throwing my whole weight against the door and pulling on the handle, the whole truck is shaking like mad...but the door STILL won't open. By now I'm starting to freak out a bit. "No problem" I think "I'll just call someone and calmly explain that I'm trapped". It was at this point that I realized I'd forgotten to grab my cell phone when I left the house. So by now I'm borderline hysterical and I actually begin trying to find something I can use to break the glass and climb out...It was at this time that I realized "Oh duh! You can just roll the window down" :*)

I had one of those incidents... it was the morning after a really bad snow/ice storm, and my dad and I were outside cleaning the snow off of the driveway. I needed to move my car out to the street so that I could clean the foot of snow off of it and onto to the street to let the city clean up, so I got to work clearing one of the doors to get inside. I cleaned off the front passenger-side door, and pulled on the handle. The handle moved without fail, but the door remained closed. I said to myself, "Shit, the doors frozen shut." So I started pulling harder, nothing. I crammed my fingers in between the top of the door and the roof of the car and tried to separate the door from the body... nothing. If I didn't care about the paint or the finish, then I would have put my foot on the rear door for more leverage. After trying and trying and trying for several minutes, a light bulb went on. Normally, people lock their cars when going in for the night. I reached into my pocket, and hit the unlock button on the RKE, and heard the "click" of the door lock sound inside the car. The door then opened with ease. I said "well, I loosened it..." to no one in particular as I got inside the car and crawled over the center console to move the car.

Another embarrassing story happened to my roommate when he went to California with a few people over winter break. He'd eaten a mix of something that people had warned him not to eat... mushroom soup and some seafood dish IIRC. On the cab ride back to the hotel, the inevitable happened... he opened the window and proceeded to spew that meal all over the city street. It doesn't end there! The cab driver asked if he should pull over, and my roommate said "no, I"m fine." A minute later his head was back out the window and spewing again... onto a Porsche! Everyone in the backseat was roaring with laughter and his girlfriend gave the pissed cabbie an extra tip.

Thank you for sharing this story... my friend and I both had a good laugh. :lol: Probably because it sounds exactly like something that I would do.

My embarrassing story would have to be when i got my new glasses. I went to pick out the frames, and was asked if I wanted anything special on them, like transition glasses or scratch resistant glasses. I decided I'd go for the scratch resistant glasses, and came back in an hour when they were ready. So I get in the car and look at the glasses... they already had a HUGE scratch across one of the lenses. I go back and tell them that they need to fix it, and they apologize and say itll take half an hour. After inspecting them to make sure they were scratch-free, I put them in their case to make sure nothing happens.

I was supposed to meet my best friend at the beach that afternoon, so my mom drops me off a couple streets away. I thought, "Might as well get used to them," so I put them on. I see a bunch of hot people, and even smile at one or two. That's when I see my best friend, who starts laughing when she sees me. Her friend is pretty much hysterical, and they're both pointing at me. I get defensive, since I really liked the lenses I chose.

So my best friend takes my glasses and puts them on. The lense they fixed? They put in a transition lense, so I looked like a pirate down that walk of shame. lol :read:

Probably not my most embarrassing moment ever, but one of my favorites.

As a bi-lingual 21 year old I realize that other languages don't use the same expressions and euphemisms as English. As a 6 year old, I did not. The first time I went to Italy I was 6 years old, not easily embarrassed, and talkative. A friend of my Aunt Teresa invited us over for dinner one night. While we were there, my brother and I ran into a slight road block: they were serving fish, which neither of us ate. I however was at least willing to try it. After trying I found that it was actually kind of good. The host saw me eating it and he asked me with a smile "So how is it?" to which I immediately replied "It's not too bad!" which was met with the hostess mocking a mortified look and the whole room exploding in laughter. In my 6 year old American mind I was saying "Ooh hey! This isn't bad! It's actually pretty good." In Italy however, where they've never heard such an expression I was saying something more to the equivalent of "It's horrible, but I guess I'll live." They had a laugh about it and chalked it off to me being a verbose 6 year old, and I forgot all about it. Until I went back 14 years later.

I should explain a little something about the family that hosted us that night. They were absolutely lovely people; the husband was born and raised in Milan, and the wife although Italian by heritage was born and raised in Tunisia. So in the 14 years in between my ages of 6 and 20 every time I went back to Italy they were M.I.A. At one point living in Milan, at another vacationing in Germany, and at yet another point visiting long term in Tunisia. However during the in between years of my visiting Italy they had always been back to Rome and had kept in good touch with my Aunt Teresa and her family.

Well this past year when I went to Italy they just happened to be in Rome at the same time as we were and once again invited us all over for dinner. My brother and I vaguely remembered them, and their daughter, when we went over for dinner, but once again they were congenial enough for the entire dinner to be comfortable up until the point where the husband of the couple, after finishing his meal, leaned back in his chair, clasped his hands behind his head, and said "Well that wasn't too bad, what did you think Luigi? Was it better this time around?" The room exploded into laughter once again, with the exception of my brother and I. Now like I mentioned, at this point 14 years had passed and I had absolutely no recollection of the events in question. My cousin Anna noticed this and was quick to remind me of what I had said so many years ago, and I was rightly quite embarrassed for being so insulting.

The husband was quick to assure me that it was a memory that they looked back upon very fondly. And the wife was quick to assure me that for the past 14 years, every time he had tried something new or different, as soon as he was finished he would lean back in his chair, clasp his hands behind his head, and say "For Luigi, it wouldn't have been too bad!"

5 bucks says at least ten people read this and feel like shit :P

Hear's one! I'm blonde and made the same mistake, except I was outside the car and had a legitimate reason to believe otherwise (morning after a snow/ice storm).

Freshman year in highschool, I worked on the committee that made the Freshman float for the homecoming parade. The theme of our float was Hansel & Gretel. We had a house with a chimney on the float, and we had several people dressed up on the float in costumes. Our characters included hansel & gretel who were standing in front of the house, and a witch who sat in a cage. The student who played the witch was handicapped, so it worked out nicely since all she had to do was sit in the cage.

I had the bright idea that we should use smoke bombs to make smoke come out of the chimney, so I was in the house in charge of the special effects. We also kept everyone elses coats in the house as it was cold in October.

Our float was toward the end of the parade (being freshman), and like most parades, ours was led by the fire department.

I only had a few smoke bombs, so it was decided that I would save them for when we were in front of the judges stand which was at about the halfway point of the parade.

As we approached the judges stand, Hansel gave me the signal to light one of the smoke bombs. I lit the smoke bomb, and stuck it in the 2 inch hole that was made in the roof of the house into the chimney.

I guess I never really noticed that smoke bombs started off shooting this flame like a flame thrower. Well, pretty quickly, the chimney caught on fire because it was made up mostly of cardboard and 'flowers' made of McDonalds napkins. I tried putting out the small fire, but it was no use and pretty soon the entire chimney was on fire and was quickly spreading towards the rest of the house. I was pretty much in panic mode (not really concerned that I was going to burn, but more like 'OH SHIT!!!!!') and people on the float and in the audience started realizing that the float was not just putting out chimney smoke, but flames as well. You could hear the gasps and screams. Meanwhile, I was still doing the 'Oh Shit! Oh SHIT!!!' trying to pat out what flames I could.

Now this was in 1982, pre-cell phones (and thank god, pre-cell phone cameras), so basically word spread to the front of the parade and the fire truck turned around to come deal with the fire.

Everyone who could get of the float got off, and a couple adults lifted the cage off of our handicapped friend and got her off. Also, the truck pulling the float was disconnected and pulled away from the burning float. I forgot to mention that the guy who loaned us the truck didn't have a gas cap on the tank, so all he had was a rag blocking the gas tank (molotov coctail anyone?).

Unfortunately, because the float was covered almost entirely of McDonald's napkins, all the float material had burned by then and the firemen were basically trying to save the trailer that the farmer loaned to us.

Long story short, float totaled, lost about 12 winter coats, and had to live with the embarassment and shame throughout highschool.

Oh yeah, so I was pretty down, and my folks took me home and were being pretty sympathetic. I was sitting in the living room staring into space, and then my older brother walks into the house (he had been at the parade), points to me and just starts cracking up :lol: . Jerk :thumbdown:

Take Care®,

:fire: Vic

In eighth grade (i think) i was walking to the cafeteria with some friends when this happened. So i turn my head to my right to talk to my friend while walking when BAM!!!! I hit a wall. I woke up on the ground with everyone laughing at me. I felt fine but my jaw hurt. I stand up and a tooth comes out of my mouth.

I come into school the next day just fine and sit down in class. I notice there is bubble wrap and foam taped to all corners deemed "hazardous to my heath." So everyone in class had a good laugh while i died a little inside. Ive yet to see my friend let that go....those bitches