'The Ones You Left Behind' - a poem

I told Bill he ought to post this poem in GA, because it occured to me that it might serve more than one purpose.

We've all surely read about trajedies involving teenage suicide especially amongst the troubled gay fraternity, where kids are so terrified of being 'outed' that they are tempted to kill themselves instead?

It occured to me whether this poem ought to be linked into the teen section for just those people? It might just make them stop and think that despite all they are worried about, there are people who care and can help, rather than taking that final and irreversible step.

Myr? What say you?

I told Bill he ought to post this poem in GA, because it occured to me that it might serve more than one purpose.

We've all surely read about trajedies involving teenage suicide especially amongst the troubled gay fraternity, where kids are so terrified of being 'outed' that they are tempted to kill themselves instead?

It occured to me whether this poem ought to be linked into the teen section for just those people?  It might just make them stop and think that despite all they are worried about, there are people who care and can help, rather than taking that final and irreversible step.

Myr?  What say you?

I must say that at first I as afraid of what this poem said, but ultimately, I decided that it needed to be heard and seen, which I why I posted it on my website. Story Lover is a very talanted writer and his poetry speaks not only from, but to the heart as well. He has more poems posted on my site, GunRunner's Corner Cafe but really it is his site as well. He has been my editor for my most recent story, A New Day Dawns, and has helped me in so many ways with my poetry as well. This poem, in my opinion is one that needs to be seen. If we can stop just one child from going out like that, then we have made a difference.

Kudos to you Crakerwriter for having him post it here as well. Only with the strength of many can we make a difference for all.

-Gun

Edited by GunRunner

Thanks for all the kind words, They are greatly appreciated and Myr I think linking it to the Teen Section. I have received several positive reponses to the poem. The best one said I wish I could have said that. If this poems stops even one person I will be extremly happy and greatful. Thanks again Crackerwriter. Thanks Gunrunner for a place to post the rest of my poetry and your kind words as well.

I just started writing poetry again after a break of more years than I wish to count. I wrote "The Ones You Left Behind" after hearing several stories from friends about things that had happened to ones they knew. I just had to get my feelings on paper. This poem is something I thought of many times while reading about teens especially gay teens who decided that life wasn't worth living. Hopefully we can change Darkness into Light by reaching a hand out to those who need.

Thanks again