[LittleBuddhaTW] WISYA - Ch. 3

YAY, I'll be the first one to give my comment about the new chapter,,, first of good one. In my mind it has been the best chapter yet...

The way Grady handle thing with Dalton was wicked, tho I think that the coach did went a little hard on him, sitting him down for the next game and even saying that he could maybe not even pitch the next time too. hadn't Grady just said a little before that Mr Bellinger "hated" bullying,, and it was exactly what Dalton and the other guys were doing and Grady did told him what Dalton was saying to him,

Also I think that Dalton was right for one thing,,, I think that Brennan is jealous or at least left out of the loop. and for that I can't really blame him, I'd sure be as mad as him.

Great chapter, LB. Grady and Brennan have some work to do on their relationship. If Brennan is jealous of David, I think he has only himself to blame by not letting Grady know how he feels.

Looking forward to the next installment. Thanks for a super story.

Hi all!

YAY, I'll be the first one to give my comment about the new chapter,,, first of good one. In my mind it has been the best chapter yet...

I think I agree with you: it is the best chapter yet!

The way Grady handle thing with Dalton was wicked, tho I think that the coach did went a little hard on him, sitting him down for the next game and even saying that he could maybe not even pitch the next time too.

I totally disagree here! I think Mr. Bellinger was pretty lenient overall. I really don't think it would have been fair to punish Grady any less. LOL, I think perhaps Grady should have tried a bit harder to get out of trouble though. When Mr. Bellinger asked what happened, I think he should have just looked innocent and confused, and just shrugged and said, "I don't know! He just didn't catch it. I hope he's okay!" :devil:

Also I think that Dalton was right for one thing,,, I think that Brennan is jealous or at least left out of the loop. and for that I can't really blame him, I'd sure be as mad as him.

Definitely agreed! Grady is being a super bad friend where Brennan is concerned; whereas, Brennan is being a really good friend to Grady right now.

If Brennan is jealous of David, I think he has only himself to blame by not letting Grady know how he feels.

I definitely disagree. I think that regardless of his "feelings" Grady is being a bad friend. He's basically ditching his best friend to hang out with the new kids, as well as completely taking him for granted. Kids that age are kinda possessive about their friends and what "clique" they're in. I don't think Grady can possibly be as foolish and innocent as he's letting on by thinking that Brennan won't care if he ignores him to spend time with the others.

It certainly looks like Grady must be gay and must know it. It also looks like the other guys seem to know, or at the very least, suspect it as well. Really Dalton didn't even say anything untrue. However, my only criticism with this chapter would lie with something he said in their conversation:

"Just tell me one thing, though -- are you the pitcher in bed, too?"

I think there's no way a presumably straight 12 year-old boy would be acquainted with that gay euphemism. I think it very unlikely that even a fairly precocious gay 12 year-old would be familiar with the usage. I think it's virtually unknown outside of the gay - and peripheral gay supporting - community. I'd be surprised if the average straight (or even gay) twelve year-old would even be familiar with the far more common and generic "topping and bottoming". I may be wrong I suppose and perhaps kids these days are just acquainted with more than I'm expecting, but that surprised me.

Anyway, great chapter and I'm really looking forward to the next! :D

-Kevin

AFF: I think there's no way a presumably straight 12 year-old boy would be acquainted with that gay euphemism.

You might be surprised at the level of knowledge that age group has thanks to the evil inter-webz and TV.

Stuff like the Urban Dictionary and tons of other off color humor sites make their mark by goring sacred cows and hanging those sacred cow hydes on their front pages. For better or worse, the info is out there and lots of curious minds want to know. It's the same thing that keeps rags like the National Inquirer in business.

I think that I remember the old "pitcher-catcher" gag used on an old episode of Newhart.

Grady is being a super bad friend where Brennan is concerned; whereas, Brennan is being a really good friend to Grady right now.

I think that regardless of his "feelings" Grady is being a bad friend. He's basically ditching his best friend to hang out with the new kids, as well as completely taking him for granted. Kids that age are kinda possessive about their friends and what "clique" they're in. I don't think Grady can possibly be as foolish and innocent as he's letting on by thinking that Brennan won't care if he ignores him to spend time with the others.

Kevin, I must be reading a different version of the story. Brennan is the one who is being uncommunicative. Grady has made several attempts to talk with Brennan, but keeps getting the cold shoulder. Brennan is still a good friend as we saw when he covered for Grady's absence when he broke the rules by going to a movie with David. Being jealous - if that is what the problem is - is bad enough, but avoiding discussing the matter with your best friend is a bigger problem. I believe that Grady and Brennan are still very good friends. Brennan is at fault for the current chill in the relationship. In a different situation, they would be candidates for marriage counseling.

As the story unfolds, I may find I am wrong, but, at present I can't see it otherwise.

I think there's no way a presumably straight 12 year-old boy would be acquainted with that gay euphemism. I think it very unlikely that even a fairly precocious gay 12 year-old would be familiar with the usage. I think it's virtually unknown outside of the gay - and peripheral gay supporting - community. I'd be surprised if the average straight (or even gay) twelve year-old would even be familiar with the far more common and generic "topping and bottoming". I may be wrong I suppose and perhaps kids these days are just acquainted with more than I'm expecting, but that surprised me.

I think twelve-year-olds are a lot more "mature" nowadays than we were at that age (although I recall knowing that term back in middle school). When I was teaching English to junior high schoolers in Taiwan, I remember being shocked nearly every day at how much they knew, and they weren't nearly as "advanced" in maturity as their American counterparts. I think 11-12 has become the new 14-15 ... :blink:

• Site Moderator

Aye, that green-eyed monster is starting to rear its ugly head.

It also looks like Grady may be getting a little more respect from his team members in, as was stated, he stood up for himself. I don't think the other guy will get off scott free. We might find out in the next game.

Even tho what Grady did was wrong, it was unsportsmanlike, but I like it.

When Brennan and Grady finally do get to be alone and talk, I think a few things are going to come out.

Jan

• Site Administrator

Great Chapter LB.

Kevin, I must be reading a different version of the story. Brennan is the one who is being uncommunicative. Grady has made several attempts to talk with Brennan, but keeps getting the cold shoulder. Brennan is still a good friend as we saw when he covered for Grady's absence when he broke the rules by going to a movie with David. Being jealous - if that is what the problem is - is bad enough, but avoiding discussing the matter with your best friend is a bigger problem. I believe that Grady and Brennan are still very good friends. Brennan is at fault for the current chill in the relationship. In a different situation, they would be candidates for marriage counseling.

As the story unfolds, I may find I am wrong, but, at present I can't see it otherwise.

Mike, I am like Kevin, I see Gabe as being the uncommunicative one too. Take this chapter, two or three times Gabe noticed Brennan seeming upset, and each time Gabe said he would have to make a point of talking to him later, as he wanted to focus that time on David.

What worse, when he hurled the ball at Dustin, he not only snapped at Mr. Bellinger, but at Brennan as well. Then when he finds out that Brennan has been protecting him all along, Gabe decides that now is the time to talk. He shouldn't be able to decide to when and where to talk based on how he feels at the moment.

Gabe is being selfish, and unsympathetic to his best friends feelings. Yes, he is only twelve, but when he looks back on the past couple of days, hopefully he realizes this and puts it to Brennan a little better than "sorry" and tell him he needs to talk. Maybe asking him to talk and letting him know that he will be ready when Brennan is ready would be a better way to let Brennan know he cares.

Hopefully Gabe quits taking advantage of Brennan's friendship. One last thought. Gabe has gained the respect of people like Rory and lost the respect of Brennan. Which person would you rather Gabe hanging with?

Anyways, that is how I see it, but I also see your point as well. Let's face it, they all are being 12 year old boys, :D

Steve

I think twelve-year-olds are a lot more "mature" nowadays than we were at that age (although I recall knowing that term back in middle school). When I was teaching English to junior high schoolers in Taiwan, I remember being shocked nearly every day at how much they knew, and they weren't nearly as "advanced" in maturity as their American counterparts.

You might be surprised at the level of knowledge that age group has thanks to the evil inter-webz and TV.

Stuff like the Urban Dictionary and tons of other off color humor sites make their mark by goring sacred cows and hanging those sacred cow hydes on their front pages. For better or worse, the info is out there and lots of curious minds want to know. It's the same thing that keeps rags like the National Inquirer in business.

Well yes, I guess you guys might be right then.

I think that I remember the old "pitcher-catcher" gag used on an old episode of Newhart.

Really?! I don't remember that episode! I'd quite like to see it! :)

(I just realized that might come off as sounding sarcastic like I don't believe you. I definitely do and would just like to see the episode because it sounds amusing and I liked the show - and have seen most of the episodes)

I think 11-12 has become the new 14-15 ... :blink:

LOL! I like that! :lol:

Mike, I am like Kevin, I see Gabe as being the uncommunicative one too. Take this chapter, two or three times Gabe noticed Brennan seeming upset, and each time Gabe said he would have to make a point of talking to him later, as he wanted to focus that time on David.

What worse, when he hurled the ball at Dustin, he not only snapped at Mr. Bellinger, but at Brennan as well. Then when he finds out that Brennan has been protecting him all along, Gabe decides that now is the time to talk. He shouldn't be able to decide to when and where to talk based on how he feels at the moment.

Well said, Steve! That's exactly what I meant! Only it's Grady not Gabe, and Dalton not Dustin ;) But yeah, whoever they are that's what I was thinkin' too :P

Kevin, I must be reading a different version of the story.

Which names does your version use? :boy:

(Completely kidding here, just being silly :boy: )

Brennan is the one who is being uncommunicative. Grady has made several attempts to talk with Brennan, but keeps getting the cold shoulder. Brennan is still a good friend as we saw when he covered for Grady's absence when he broke the rules by going to a movie with David. Being jealous - if that is what the problem is - is bad enough, but avoiding discussing the matter with your best friend is a bigger problem. I believe that Grady and Brennan are still very good friends. Brennan is at fault for the current chill in the relationship. In a different situation, they would be candidates for marriage counseling.

The only times I remember Grady trying to talk to Brennan was on the bus to McDonald's and at the end of the story. In both cases he'd already managed to thoroughly upset Brennan and remain insensitive toward his feelings. He especially should have realized what was going on after the McDonald's incident and taken greater care not to make Brennan feel left out. Brennan even tried to be nice, and be included by going to sit with Grady. IMO, it would have been nice for Grady to have invited Brennan along, or at least spent a few minutes talking to him, after the game.

Just my thoughts,

Take care all and have a great day!

Kevin

Edited by AFriendlyFace

Hey David, great story. I like it a lot.

Yeah Grady is acting out of character as far as Brennan may be concerned, but Brennan has always pushed Grady to be more out going, and now that Brennan is getting what he asked for, he isn't taking it well.

I'm sure that Brennan, knowing Grady as well as he does is seeing exactly what is going on with Grady, and that Grady wants to be more than just friends with David, that he likes boys, especially David. He has to be wondering after that kiss on the bus.

Now the question that I have is, does Brennan feel bad because his best friend is basically ignoring him, or is he feeling bad because he would he rather be David, the guy that Grady wants to be more than friends with?

As far as the coach is concerned, he should have known that something is way off with Grady, when he beaned Dalton, and then yelled to him that he wasn't his son, something that he should have known Grady had wanted himself to be from an early age.

Kids that age that are like Grady, good kids and quiet, sometimes need a little window to explain what is going on in their hormone flooded brains. Mr Bellinger is the adult here, he could have still pulled Grady from the game, but also been what he has always been to Grady, his proxy dad. Not be his buddy or anything, but help Grady get out what he needs to say, and still come down on him.

It's good to see you back writing again. Life gets busier as we go, so thanks for taking the time.

Ex.

• Site Moderator
As far as the coach is concerned, he should have known that something is way off with Grady, when he beaned Dalton, and then yelled to him that he wasn't his son, something that he should have known Grady had wanted himself to be from an early age.

I agree that the coach should have noticed and maybe handled some things a little better. I also think that he is thinking more as coach, focused on the reason the team is there, than thinking as a father figure.

Jan

I'm sure that Brennan, knowing Grady as well as he does is seeing exactly what is going on with Grady, and that Grady wants to be more than just friends with David, that he likes boys, especially David. He has to be wondering after that kiss on the bus.

Now the question that I have is, does Brennan feel bad because his best friend is basically ignoring him, or is he feeling bad because he would he rather be David, the guy that Grady wants to be more than friends with?

Good point! Or perhaps Brennan hasn't worked out his own feelings about homosexuality yet and is trying to figure out how to handle having a gay best friend? After all the other guys are already talking.

Edited by AFriendlyFace
  • 2 weeks later...

awwww.... :(

I was disappointed today when I didn't see a chapter 4..!

I'm sorry, I just get anxious..!! :lol:

b.c. even though I'm reading 3 other stories that are in progress, I still think that this is the best one..!! :P

:D

So, Mr. David... ummm... when do you think your next chapter will be posted..? O.o

...&&& I know I can't rush perfection.. so, Im sorry for asking this... >.<

BUT!!! I HAVE 2 KNO...!! :D

Sorry for the long delay, but I've been putting in really long hours at work and trying to get ready for my business trip to San Francisco that's coming up in about 10 days or so. Chapter 4 is about half-way done, so hopefully a new chapter will be up before I leave.

• 2 weeks later...

David, you bitch! I'll get you for this. Oh, and I need to send you an e-mail. Got the main characterizations done and part of the first chapter for you to look at (you know we're being really cruel to these people don't you?

• 2 weeks later...