The meaning of life

old bob

Things I would have loved to add:

1. waking up and seeing a good morning wish (on your mobile). You're imprtant enough for someone who remembers you in the morning and wish the best for you. It can be a friend, a parent, a bf, a gf...

2. Smiling when you see your friend. You start joking around, feeling childish and innocent. Gone are the moments of worries. Just have fun!

3. Listening to sweet and super-romantic songs and dremaing that someday someone will sing this song for you. His voice might not be the best but for you, it would be heaven.

4. Coming on the net and meeting people far away but niceenough to ask you if everything's okay!

:wub::wub:

Nice poll but everyone's meaning would be different, I believe!

Ieshwar

My life isn't like that...I wake up, go to class, work on my dissertation, go to work, fall into bed.

The best moment of my day is knowing that I have more than one consecutive hour during which I can relax. My morning cup of coffee is also a good time, as I can start functioning at a decent level. A nice bottle of Australian Shiraz following a night at a good restaurant is also pleasant (I don't like white wine, sorry!) when I have the time.

Out of the options you listed, I would pick number four.

My life is too busy at the moment, in case you hadn't noticed.

Menzo

• Site Administrator

I picked the first one. Our new bedroom has one wall of windows and that's what I look out of when I'm in bed. It's a wonderful country scene -- I don't think I'm ever going to get tired of it.

Bob-

I picked option #2.

My "coffee break" is different than most yanks.

At 10:00am CST, I have a cup of earl grey and a croissant.

I might as well be a Brit. :lol:

Sir James, Earl of Croissant

Bob-

At 10:00am CST, I have a cup of earl grey and a croissant.

I might as well be a Brit. :lol:

Sir James, Earl of Croissant

Yeah.... :worship:

tea flavoured with bergamot oil is the best !

And about "croissant", just to read your comment brings me back to the counter of a french Bistro in Paris early in the morning (5 am after a foolish night !) with its warm croissants and its "petit noir", a very very strong french coffee.

Thanks to bring me to such nice memories :rolleyes:

My favorite moment of happiness? Sitting comfortably in bed, doing something entertaining (reading, watching TV, web surfing, gaming, etc.) listening to music I like, and not having anything to do for later (such as schoolwork).

My early morning jogs. There the best times for me, I have time to think and let out some frustrations or stress and it's an over all mood changing option for me.. lol. So I voted for option one, I like being a morning person.

Krista

Nice poll, but not quite appropriate to my line of work, where a day begins when I go to work which may be at two o'clock in the morning or four in the afternoon and end eight to ten hours later.

So, I picked #4 because it came closest to what I look forward to while driving for hours and hours. There is nothing like a long stretch of quiet time and listening to music, though I don't have CDs. I listen to iTunes on my laptop.

The other choices sounded more idyllic to me as something I might wish for if my life was different. #2 with the wine sounded nice, but a Bordeaux white wouldn't be my first choice. I tend toward a Riesling from Mosel. Interestingly, I imagine a time somewhere in the future where I'll be doing something very close to that at a little table out in the sun in Montreux.

Carl :boy:

Oh yes, I love Shiraz! Shiraz and Pinot Noir are my two favourite reds. In general I think I slightly prefer whites, however when it comes to a good Shiraz or Pinot Noir it's almost impossible for me to pick!

You and I have identical tastes concerning red wine :2thumbs:

Although, when it comes to white wine, it had better be dry as dust or I won't touch it.

*back on topic*

Menzo

I guess one of my favourite "moments of the day" is a nice, long, bath. Even better if I'm soaking in bubble bath, wearing a face mask, conditioning my hair, listening to music, and perhaps enjoying one of those nice wines I mentioned above :)

Awww, what a cute image :wub:

I actually like getting up early and having a whole day ahead of me. I'm pretty stress-resistant, but if I feel I get to buisy and it feels like I have to do soooo much I jst try to roll and have fun doing it. A spoonfull of sugar and all that stuff? With a cup of coffee learing for finals can be bearable, with music a big spring-cleaning can be fun, with an umbrella an a warm sweater walking the dog in the rain can be allright. There are precious moments in every day that I enjoy I look for these moments. Even though some days it's harder then others. But it can be a new shower gel or a song on the radio that can make my day and I often find myself going to bed, excited for the new day to start so I can for example use my new shower gel again or eat a jogurt that I'm looking forward to eating for breakfast.

Take care,

Liddy

You and I have identical tastes concerning red wine :2thumbs:

Although, when it comes to white wine, it had better be dry as dust or I won't touch it.

:great:

LOL, what do you say we go shopping, then go out for lunch and split a bottle? B)

Awww, what a cute image :wub:

:*) Thanks :)

I actually like getting up early and having a whole day ahead of me. I'm pretty stress-resistant, but if I feel I get to buisy and it feels like I have to do soooo much I jst try to roll and have fun doing it. A spoonfull of sugar and all that stuff? With a cup of coffee learing for finals can be bearable, with music a big spring-cleaning can be fun, with an umbrella an a warm sweater walking the dog in the rain can be allright. There are precious moments in every day that I enjoy I look for these moments. Even though some days it's harder then others. But it can be a new shower gel or a song on the radio that can make my day and I often find myself going to bed, excited for the new day to start so I can for example use my new shower gel again or eat a jogurt that I'm looking forward to eating for breakfast.

It definitely sounds like you have an awesome attitude and really know how to enjoy life and make the most out of your day!! :D

Heck, I agree that walking the dog with an umbrella and a warm sweater does sound kinda fun now! :)

-Kevin