Just Hit Send by Grasshopper. I read this a few months ago, And was totally blown away. This is one of the most heart-wrenching stories I've ever read, And it is on my list of favorites of all time now.

If you have some free time, and want a good one to read, This is a must!

http://www.iomfats.org/storyshelf/hosted/grasshopper/

• Site Administrator

That's one of the internet classics :) Grasshopper is an extremely talented young author and I can recommend anything he writes -- sight unseen :D

Let me second (or third) the recommendation for Grasshopper's works, especially "Just Hit Send." It was three years ago on Thanksgiving weekend 2004 that I discovered this tale. Fortunately, it was a four-day weekend for me, and I'd stocked up on tissues as well as turkey. There will be tears of sadness and tears of joy before you are through. I think every other story I read here and at other sites is done as an attempt to try to re-create the amazing emotions and feelings I had that weekend, and only a few rare tales are that successful.

Many of Grasshopper's stories are masterpieces. "In a Heartbeat" stands on its own as an excellent short story, but read it after "Just Hit Send" and "Summerfire" and the possibly tangential characters will take on new resonances for you.

"Whispers from the Past" may be my favorite stand-alone short story of his, a tale of a Kansas boy coming of age and realizing life's possibilities. Go read!

--Rigel

Tim -- You are on a roll with these stories. Some of the best that I have read.

One I am currently reading is Mystery and Mayhem at http://awesomedude.com/jovincent/mystery/index.htm

Joel is the author. Well written and a very interesting (mystery/England) plot. Little sex but what is there is incorporated in interesting ways.

He's also a terrific author. If you're looking for a story with more hanky-panky, read Joel's Easter Rugger Tours. Very randy but well-written.

Jack B)