Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let the Music Play: Chapter 22

Once he removes his wig, no one can tell between The Scar and Jerry. So there's no issue here. Better yet, if he actually is Clump, as I aptly speculated, everything will turn out even better for The Scarred King of Paraguay.

However much you may disguise...you can't be foolproof. Only via a plastic surgery one can be assured. Once he becomes the King of Paraguay, he'll be famous!! And it'd take just one look for the likes of Eric (smart, ain't he?) to figure out who he is... :)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Administrator
About the issue at hand, me thinks that the most biggest loose end right now for the scar would be his Jerry persona... How would he explain his appearance as the head of Paraguay when he is also Jerry. So, according to me, it is Jerry he wants 'killed'.

But he wouldn't need Mario to "kill" Jerry -- The Scar could do that at his leisure, since he controls "Jerry" in the first place.

I still think it's Instinct that The Scar wants to have an accident. Since he wants it to happen in the USA, that implies it will be after the end of the Australian tour (that's good -- I won't have wasted my money on the concert tickets). To me, that implies that Jerry is going to use Instinct in some way, and as the one organising the transport, I suspect he's going to use them as cover to transport something -- the bombs, probably.

Can anyone work out how the bombs will help The Scar take over Paraguay? Once he gets them into the USA, how easy will it be for him to transport them down to South America (assuming that's where he wants them)?

But he wouldn't need Mario to "kill" Jerry -- The Scar could do that at his leisure, since he controls "Jerry" in the first place.

I still think it's Instinct that The Scar wants to have an accident. Since he wants it to happen in the USA, that implies it will be after the end of the Australian tour (that's good -- I won't have wasted my money on the concert tickets). To me, that implies that Jerry is going to use Instinct in some way, and as the one organising the transport, I suspect he's going to use them as cover to transport something -- the bombs, probably.

Can anyone work out how the bombs will help The Scar take over Paraguay? Once he gets them into the USA, how easy will it be for him to transport them down to South America (assuming that's where he wants them)?

To put it simply blackmail, Thats my thought. With the bombs in place and a demonstration of his nuclear ability. he could demand tribute. Sorta like Rome and the feudal system.

As for who needs to have an accident... Aside from my current Mantra of "It better not be Eric" Instinct does pose a good target. however, he won't do anything to them until he is done with them. Presumably until he has all his goats in a row. With the placement in the storyline how do we know the Scar was not refering to someone else? Music isn't the only way to be "quite famous" after all. there are poloticians, authors, actors, scientists etc. that could all be on the scars radar. Hell it could even be a preacher who has been funneling him money in hopes of taking an ever bigger cut then what he snuck away with in the Arizona desert.

• Site Administrator
As for who needs to have an accident... Aside from my current Mantra of "It better not be Eric" Instinct does pose a good target. however, he won't do anything to them until he is done with them. Presumably until he has all his goats in a row. With the placement in the storyline how do we know the Scar was not refering to someone else? Music isn't the only way to be "quite famous" after all. there are poloticians, authors, actors, scientists etc. that could all be on the scars radar. Hell it could even be a preacher who has been funneling him money in hopes of taking an ever bigger cut then what he snuck away with in the Arizona desert.

I suggested earlier that it might be the current leader (President?) of Paraguay. It may be easier for The Scar to take over the country in the wake of the death of the current leader. I still think that that is a possibility, but my suspicion is that it's Instinct because he'll want to cover his tracks about however he's been "using" them.

To put it simply blackmail, Thats my thought. With the bombs in place and a demonstration of his nuclear ability. he could demand tribute. Sorta like Rome and the feudal system.

That's what I infer from what I read. The Scar has lots of James Bond villains as role models. When they're not hell-bent on destroying mankind (Michael Lonsdale in Moonraker), they want to have the planet at their feet (Jonathan Pryce in Tomorrow Never Dies).

I suggested earlier that it might be the current leader (President?) of Paraguay. It may be easier for The Scar to take over the country in the wake of the death of the current leader. I still think that that is a possibility, but my suspicion is that it's Instinct because he'll want to cover his tracks about however he's been "using" them.

true but offering 4 times the ammount when he could keep a device with them at a venue and use that as a demonstration of nuclear ability? it doesnt make sense, personally. He already posseses the means to do away with Instinct at his whim. employing another body to be rid when the time comes to eliminate them seems ... fiscally irresponsable.

• Site Administrator
employing another body to be rid when the time comes to eliminate them seems ... fiscally irresponsable.

Heavan forbid that he be fiscally irresponsible. That would be grounds for dismissal from the Evil Doers and World Domination Society if they ever find out! I believe article 7 of their charter requires that all plans for world domination be fiscally responsible... which is why so few such plots are ever put forward for implementation.

• Site Administrator
Heavan forbid that he be fiscally irresponsible. That would be grounds for dismissal from the Evil Doers and World Domination Society if they ever find out! I believe article 7 of their charter requires that all plans for world domination be fiscally responsible... which is why so few such plots are ever put forward for implementation.

Graeme, this usage of 'they' and 'their' kinda reminds me of people who say " Well I have this friend who has a rash', when they are actually talking about themselves :lmao: .

Maybe we have uncovered one of the members of the Evil Doers and World Domination Society and in fact be a charter member. Since CJ mentioned you have been giving him some advice, maybe it is you that is the technical genius on nuclear bombs :lol: .

I think you may have just exposed yourself. :P

Steve B)

• Site Administrator
Graeme, this usage of 'they' and 'their' kinda reminds me of people who say " Well I have this friend who has a rash', when they are actually talking about themselves :lmao: .

Maybe we have uncovered one of the members of the Evil Doers and World Domination Society and in fact be a charter member. Since CJ mentioned you have been giving him some advice, maybe it is you that is the technical genius on nuclear bombs :lol: .

Steve B)

Damn! :angry:

I will confess that back in university, the computer system allowed you to have a "plan" that would show up when someone checked your account (a .plan file in the Unix operating system, for those who want the details).

Mine was something like:

1. Get my own unrestricted account on the university computer

2. Write a master control program

3. Execute master control program

4. Take over the world

I'd been watch the movie Tron and it, er, had a strong influence on me 0:)

I had a plan, but some of the execution details were never resolved....

• Site Administrator

I loved that movie!!!! And I played the video game every chance in the arcade after that.

Since it came out back when I think Beta and VHS were still fighting on the newly arrived VCR technology field, maybe you should give your view of the movie to the younger generation :D .

I think we are dating ourselves here.

Steve B)

:off:

Edited by wildone
  • Site Administrator
Since it came out back when I think Beta and VHS were still fighting on the newly arrived VCR technology field, maybe you should give your view of the movie to the younger generation :D .

Too much off topic -- sorry. While both the movie and CJ's stories involve heroes spoiling the plans of villians, there's not a lot of similarity otherwise....

Am I charter member of the Evil Doers and World Domination Society? I'm not permitted to say 0:) I'm also not allowed to say who are members, which is why I can't comment on whether CJ is also a member.... I can confirm that Shadowgod isn't a member, but if he fills in a application form, I'm sure they'll consider it ;)

Damn! :angry:

I will confess that back in university, the computer system allowed you to have a "plan" that would show up when someone checked your account (a .plan file in the Unix operating system, for those who want the details).

Mine was something like:

1. Get my own unrestricted account on the university computer

2. Write a master control program

3. Execute master control program

4. Take over the world

I had a plan, but some of the execution details were never resolved....

Here's something.... link

Does the story really have anyone other than Instinct that could be the Scar's target? First, I doubt it's an individual, because the Scar would have no reason to be vague about gender and specifically use "they" instead of "he" or "she" just to conceal gender. While there are minor characters that could be considered famous, it would hardly warrant such an ominous foreshadow just to have the "they" be people we don't care about. I think anyone insisting that it isn't necessarily Instinct is either convinced that CJ is messing with us (ok, possible) or just saying what they HOPE is the case.

P.S. Brown's Computer Science network had .plan and .project files. Often if you forgot to log out when you left, your .plan or .project file magically changed to something obscene ...

Edited by BlueSoxSWJ
I think anyone insisting that it isn't necessarily Instinct is either convinced that CJ is messing with us (ok, possible) or just saying what they HOPE is the case.

After reading CJ's stories, I'm sure of one thing.... What you expect normally never happens (in case of a major cliffhanger/suspense)

:)

After all he's the Queen of Eeevil Cliffhangers... queen.gif

While there are minor characters that could be considered famous, it would hardly warrant such an ominous foreshadow just to have the "they" be people we don't care about. I think anyone insisting that it isn't necessarily Instinct is either convinced that CJ is messing with us (ok, possible) or just saying what they HOPE is the case.

P.S. Brown's Computer Science network had .plan and .project files. Often if you forgot to log out when you left, your .plan or .project file magically changed to something obscene ...

It's never such black and with with CJ, it's never option 1 or 2,, it's in fact the secret option #3

After reading CJ's stories, I'm sure of one thing.... What you expect normally never happens (in case of a major cliffhanger/suspense)

:)

After all he's the Queen of Eeevil Cliffhangers... queen.gif

Suspense is definitely CJ's specialty. I will not say that he's the best, because he would deny it anyway. Plus, there's another who is excellent with cliff hangers. ;)

Does the story really have anyone other than Instinct that could be the Scar's target? First, I doubt it's an individual, because the Scar would have no reason to be vague about gender and specifically use "they" instead of "he" or "she" just to conceal gender. While there are minor characters that could be considered famous, it would hardly warrant such an ominous foreshadow just to have the "they" be people we don't care about. I think anyone insisting that it isn't necessarily Instinct is either convinced that CJ is messing with us (ok, possible) or just saying what they HOPE is the case.

No reason to be vague hrmm other then being over heard and turned into the police. Honestly whenever contracting that sort of "wet work" Vague is the best policy, you give details as needed. Here the scar was merely making the contractor aware of a future contract. Secondly on the why does the scar have to be vague issue... He's the scar he is vague.

Then there is this little literary quirk called a red hearing. Its superfluous information in the story line that will lead you to a false conclusion, or misdirection. With the assumption that he needs Instinct to transport these items, and, at some point, needs to demonstrate his nuclear ability killing those two birds with one stone is more feasible, and realistic instead of sending a hired hit man after four separate people. He said said he would pay 4x the rate as they are quite famous. With the logic proposed their is no bonus for the difficulty of they being famous.

As for him not detonating at a concert. Well he would be a fool their too, if he is after monies and not strike teams he needs to let the world know that using these devices in populated areas is of no concern to him. Detonating in a desert, sure it shows you have the technology, but it is far from demonstrating you have the will to use it.

:blink: I'm not evil as this post makes me sound, Honest.

Steve

As for him not detonating at a concert. Well he would be a fool their too, if he is after monies and not strike teams he needs to let the world know that using these devices in populated areas is of no concern to him. Detonating in a desert, sure it shows you have the technology, but it is far from demonstrating you have the will to use it.

Steve

One problem with nukes is their difficulty to obtain in large numbers ... here we happen to know that the Scar is making only 3. Much better to use a conventional bomb to prove your willingness to kill people, and simply show one of the bombs as proof you have nuclear capability. Historical fact that people really could make a bigger deal out of: When the US bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki, we exhausted our nuclear weapons cache of the time.

Now, granted, I've only read For The Love out of CJ's work, but complete and total red herrings that end up being SEPs* just don't seem likely - in FTL, the twists and turns always unexpectedly led to major characters having bizarre connections instead of being false leads.

So for now, I'll stick to my guns, and say "they" is most likely Instinct.

- Steve

* If you don't recognize SEP as "Somebody Else's Problem," go out and read the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series. It's worth it, and will help pass the time until the new chapter is out. :P

Suspense is definitely CJ's specialty. I will not say that he's the best, because he would deny it anyway. Plus, there's another who is excellent with cliff hangers. ;)

Wha' ? We have another cliffjanger-holic amongst us?? Who's it?!! *Looks around*

Wha' ? We have another cliffjanger-holic amongst us?? Who's it?!! *Looks around*

Don't we all know that shadowgod is the king when it comes to evil cliffhanger???

One problem with nukes is their difficulty to obtain in large numbers ... here we happen to know that the Scar is making only 3. Much better to use a conventional bomb to prove your willingness to kill people, and simply show one of the bombs as proof you have nuclear capability. Historical fact that people really could make a bigger deal out of: When the US bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki, we exhausted our nuclear weapons cache of the time.

It depends on what he is after, if he's only a mad man looking for revenge and couldn't care less about money, he can simply have 3 real target and therefore couldn't care less about a demonstration of his power

Don't we all know that shadowgod is the king when it comes to evil cliffhanger???

Ah! Yes.... 0:)

It depends on what he is after, if he's only a mad man looking for revenge and couldn't care less about money, he can simply have 3 real target and therefore couldn't care less about a demonstration of his power

I don't think he is after some revenge. I think he just wants to take over the world... :devil:

BeaStKid :devil:

true but offering 4 times the ammount when he could keep a device with them at a venue and use that as a demonstration of nuclear ability? it doesnt make sense, personally. He already posseses the means to do away with Instinct at his whim. employing another body to be rid when the time comes to eliminate them seems ... fiscally irresponsable.

Hmmm.. So what we have here is a member of SPiCE who thinks The Scar should nuke Instinct at a concert? :P

Steve B)

Uhoh, Graeme, they're on to you... :nuke:

Too much off topic -- sorry. While both the movie and CJ's stories involve heroes spoiling the plans of villians, there's not a lot of similarity otherwise....

Am I charter member of the Evil Doers and World Domination Society? I'm not permitted to say 0:) I'm also not allowed to say who are members, which is why I can't comment on whether CJ is also a member.... I can confirm that Shadowgod isn't a member, but if he fills in a application form, I'm sure they'll consider it ;)

Hey now, how come you can confirm that Shadowgod is not a member? Oh, I see, the founder isn't considered a member, right?

I will, actually, admit that I do write action/adventure, and suspense is a part of that, so thank you! :)

It's just cliffhangers that I never use... However, yes, I fully agree, Shadowgod is the King of Evil Cliffhangers! :worship:

No reason to be vague hrmm other then being over heard and turned into the police. Honestly whenever contracting that sort of "wet work" Vague is the best policy, you give details as needed. Here the scar was merely making the contractor aware of a future contract. Secondly on the why does the scar have to be vague issue... He's the scar he is vague.

Then there is this little literary quirk called a red hearing. Its superfluous information in the story line that will lead you to a false conclusion, or misdirection. With the assumption that he needs Instinct to transport these items, and, at some point, needs to demonstrate his nuclear ability killing those two birds with one stone is more feasible, and realistic instead of sending a hired hit man after four separate people. He said said he would pay 4x the rate as they are quite famous. With the logic proposed their is no bonus for the difficulty of they being famous.

:blink: I'm not evil as this post makes me sound, Honest.

Steve

I beg to differ regarding the highlighed bit. :P

Now, granted, I've only read For The Love out of CJ's work, but complete and total red herrings that end up being SEPs* just don't seem likely - in FTL, the twists and turns always unexpectedly led to major characters having bizarre connections instead of being false leads.

So for now, I'll stick to my guns, and say "they" is most likely Instinct.

- Steve

* If you don't recognize SEP as "Somebody Else's Problem," go out and read the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series. It's worth it, and will help pass the time until the new chapter is out. :P

I can't comment on the rest, but regarding red herrings, I can say that I have used them on occasion, but generally mine read one way but actually mean something else, rather than being total false-flags. :) Thanks for noticing that. :)

And you are entirely right about the nukes used in WWII: after NAgasaki we were six weeks away from having a third nuke, as I recall. The Hiroshima bomb was U-235 based, and the NAgasaki bomb Plutonium, which effectively exhausted our fissionables supply.

The odd thing is, the Hiroshima bomb was exceedingly inneficiant due to design. The one prior test was Trinity, and implosion device utilizing plutonium. The Gan assembly for U=238 was simple enough that it was used untested (due to only having enough for one.) However, implosion works very well with Uranium, too, so the amount of U-238 used in the Hiroshima bomb could have made at least three implosion devices. However, that would have entailed several week's worth of delay.

And you are entirely right about the nukes used in WWII: after NAgasaki we were six weeks away from having a third nuke, as I recall. The Hiroshima bomb was U-235 based, and the NAgasaki bomb Plutonium, which effectively exhausted our fissionables supply.

The odd thing is, the Hiroshima bomb was exceedingly inneficiant due to design. The one prior test was Trinity, and implosion device utilizing plutonium. The Gan assembly for U=238 was simple enough that it was used untested (due to only having enough for one.) However, implosion works very well with Uranium, too, so the amount of U-238 used in the Hiroshima bomb could have made at least three implosion devices. However, that would have entailed several week's worth of delay.

CJ, you know entirely too much about nuclear bombs - past and present. You must be hoping for a new winter home in the sunny, balmy Gitmo! :ph34r:

The Hiroshima films were enough documentation on nuclear bombs for me...

The Scar could be Stroessner's (Paraguay dictator) hidden son, claiming his father's heritage...

he could just get his father killed....why go to such pains....

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..