Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Let the Music Play: Chapter 22

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG, OMG, OMG!!

22 is up. No cliffhanger, but (at least for me) a surprise of all possible surprises! A surprise of epic proportions! No, way beyond epic!!

No spoilers. None needed, with the hints provided above.

Colin B)

• Site Administrator

Chapter 22 link.

OMG, OMG, OMG!!

22 is up. No cliffhanger, but (at least for me) a surprise of all possible surprises! A surprise of epic proportions! No, way beyond epic!!

I think that's a little subdued, Colin. Try it like this:

:o:o:o OMG, OMG, OMG :o:o:o

I think that has more impact :P

Oh, and yes, I knew about it. I had to as one of the beta-readers, to make sure everything was consistent. Congratulations to the ones that picked it. :) I certainly had no idea until I was told.

Oh, and I loved the bit with the cane toad. Eric was lucky with how he did it -- they're an imported pest and cause a lot of damage because (amongst other things), they're poisonous. They have poison glands on their skin that can be really nasty....

A very revealing chapter. A number of readers, who mentioned their suspicions in this forum, will find that they were partially right about some of the characters' involvement in the sinister side of the story and that Instinct is being used.

Frogs rule! Just ask Helen.

Bravo!Encore!

wow, Tho I must admit that I guessed that Jerry was involved somehow in the plan, I woulda never guess that he'd be the big Scar.

Poor Eric, he didn't choose the right guy to mess with, lol I hope for them that The scar won't notice that one of the screw head has been stripped slightly. If he do he'll come hard on Eric except if he thinks that it was that way before.

sacha

B) .........Great Chapter CJ, I knew Jerry was up to no good but I was surprised to learn that Jerry is the Scar. Now that Brandon has seen the switches, I'm betting he will see one of the bombs within the bands equipment and reconize the switch. Poor Jerry, Eric will be the death of him yet!
B) .........Great Chapter CJ, I knew Jerry was up to no good but I was surprised to learn that Jerry is the Scar. Now that Brandon has seen the switches, I'm betting he will see one of the bombs within the bands equipment and reconize the switch. Poor Jerry, Eric will be the death of him yet!

I'm not so sure. As far as I can surmise, through Cj's technical ability (which is really scarry BTW), the switiches, while being intergral to the design and operation of the units, are not readily visible once the unit is fully constructed. I honestly don't know if Brandon will put two and two together to make four. Such a realization from Brandon, at this point, seems a bit of a stretch.

I agree with Emoe, couldn't happene to a better character. The baddies in FtL may have been something, but they were not constructing nuclear devices.

And thank god 22 puts to rest CJ's claims of "poor misunderstood jerry" :blink: As i told him, a person doing that is in no way poor or misunderstood.

I'm not so sure. As far as I can surmise, through Cj's technical ability (which is really scarry BTW), the switiches, while being intergral to the design and operation of the units, are not readily visible once the unit is fully constructed. I honestly don't know if Brandon will put two and two together to make four. Such a realization from Brandon, at this point, seems a bit of a stretch.

I agree with Emoe, couldn't happene to a better character. The baddies in FtL may have been something, but they were not constructing nuclear devices.

And thank god 22 puts to rest CJ's claims of "poor misunderstood jerry" :blink: As i told him, a person doing that is in no way poor or misunderstood.

B) .............Well, with Eric around it wouldn't take long for the bomb to become broken and needing Brandon to fix it for him :P

Why does CJ spend so much time developing the plot? :wacko: Without even mentioning the specific ocean :P there are 4 pools at this resort! Why hasn't there been a pool party! :wub:

Jerry's The Scar. I had no idea. :blink: Congrats to those members of The Herd who nailed that one. :worship:

No wonder The Scar hasn't gutted Vladimir as yet. If he can deal with Eric, he can deal with anyone. :lol:

If Eric wants tequila, Eric will get tequila. B)

Great chapter, CJ! :2thumbs:

Conner

• Site Moderator
Poor Jerry, Eric will be the death of him yet!

Actually, I think it should be, Poor Eric, Jerry will be the death of him yet.

Now that we know who the possible they is, things are starting to come together a little more.

Excellent chapter CJ!

I don't really see Brandon knowing what the circuit is for. He didn't noticed that it wasn't connected to the scooter. He prolly just think that it's some kind of new model. Tho that being said. Maybe after finding out about his real identity brandon will be able to make the math. But I don't see it happening for another few chapters yet.

Now I see an use of Eric being in a cast brought to the story,,, hehe

sacha

I am flabbergasted. :o I thought Jerry was a nice guy. :( It's proof that people are not always what they seem. In any event, the plot has most certainly thickened. At least Eric and Jon now suspect that there is something off about him. I'm wondering if they're going to get too close to the truth, leading to their kidnappings, leaving Brandon and Chase to rescue them from certain death.

• Site Administrator

To be fair, Jerry was misunderstood -- no one understood is actually a homicidal international arms dealer is organising the building of nuclear weapons so he can take over a country. I would say he's been definitely misunderstood!

What is this about Helen outing Eric?

This goes back to what Helen threatened Eric with a couple of chapters ago. She told him that she had organised for him to be outed after the Las Vegas concert. :P She said it could help handle the rumours if one of the band members were to "come out". She suggested it be Eric to keep the attention from Brandon and Chase :) Eric, needless to say, wasn't happy with the suggestion and this reference is showing that Helen is still keeping the threat hanging over his head

What is this about Helen outing Eric?

Any ideas?

It's been going on for a few chapter,, Helen threatened Eric that she'd "out" him in a way to get the heat off Brandon and Chase.

She said that anyhow it would do him good,, lol, he'd be having flings with a little less of ladies for a while. I'm sure that it wouldn't hurt him. and that in the long run it would be good for him to be a little less wild. At the rate he's going at it, I wouldn't be surprise to learn that he'd have a kid somewhere

up till now she haven't came true on that threat but I'm sure that she's fully capable of doing it.

I don't really see Brandon knowing what the circuit is for. He didn't noticed that it wasn't connected to the scooter. He prolly just think that it's some kind of new model. Tho that being said. Maybe after finding out about his real identity brandon will be able to make the math. But I don't see it happening for another few chapters yet.

Now I see an use of Eric being in a cast brought to the story,,, hehe

sacha

B) ............Brandon was looking for the "quick fix" and found the loose wire, had he needed time, he would have discovered that they boards were not connected. Granted he is not a genius, but with Eric being already suspicious of Jerry, the duo would figure something wasn't Kosher.

Actually, I think it should be, Poor Eric, Jerry will be the death of him yet.

Now that we know who the possible they is, things are starting to come together a little more.

Excellent chapter CJ!

Agree, completely. Ya gotta wonder if Lump is part of this conspiracy? Is Jerry's good-for-nothing son actually Dimitri?

Jack B)

• Site Administrator
Agree, completely. Ya gotta wonder if Lump is part of this conspiracy? Is Jerry's good-for-nothing son actually Dimitri?

The earlier chapter definitely gave me the impression that Jerry really is Joe Clump's dad (the Carlisle brothers and Helen knew him when he first appeared in the story). The band looks like they are about to meet Dimitri, so that question is going to be answered, but I'm pretty sure the answer is no. Dimitri is clearly portrayed as Russian with years of experience in... er... certain activities, and with only a degree of good English. Joe was portrayed as younger, with a good command of the English language. I certainly didn't get the impression that he's Russian.

The relationship between Joe and Jerry is one that interests me. How much does Joe know of his dad's activities? Does he know anything about them? We'll just have to wait to find out the answer to those questions :D

Jerry said that he was estranged from his son because he's gay. However, the narration says that The Scar is straight, and that Jerry is a persona of his. This means that if Joe and Jerry are estranged, it's not because Jerry's gay. Are they really estranged, and if so, why?

There are a lot of unanswered questions....

The relationship between Joe and Jerry is one that interests me. How much does Joe know of his dad's activities? Does he know anything about them? We'll just have to wait to find out the answer to those questions :D

Jerry said that he was estranged from his son because he's gay. However, the narration says that The Scar is straight, and that Jerry is a persona of his. This means that if Joe and Jerry are estranged, it's not because Jerry's gay. Are they really estranged, and if so, why?

B) ......Thanks for bringing that up Graeme, I had forgotten that the Scar was straight, and now that we know that Jerry and Scar are one and the same. So where does Lump (Joe) fit into this picture? Assuming that there is no estrangement, was Lump part of the plot? And did the band's firing him throw a monkey wrench into Scars plan and bring "Jerry" into the picture.

Jack B)

VERY COOL CHAPTER... :worship::worship:

i was suspecting Jerry for a while, but my guess was he is just working for the Scar.. well, seems he IS the big bad guy :P

I have the feeling that Lump will play another (important ?) part in this... but only JC knows for sure :D

oh dang, now i am another victim of the "cliffhanger queen" :wacko:

My guess, as for now, would be that Jerry said that he was gay in order to gain some confidence from the bandmates and Helen, to get closer to them. At that point, Joe had gotten kicked out of the band and prolly saw some of his plans fade. So he made sure that he'd still be in charge of the shipping of the equipment. (I think that he was doing that job on the first tour when Joe was still lead singer but not sure anymore)

I don't think that Joe has a big part in his dad's second persona if he has at all. But I'm thinking that we might just hear about him again.

sacha

My guess, as for now, would be that Jerry said that he was gay in order to gain some confidence from the bandmates and Helen, to get closer to them. At that point, Joe had gotten kicked out of the band and prolly saw some of his plans fade. So he made sure that he'd still be in charge of the shipping of the equipment. (I think that he was doing that job on the first tour when Joe was still lead singer but not sure anymore)

I don't think that Joe has a big part in his dad's second persona if he has at all. But I'm thinking that we might just hear about him again.

sacha

yes, i think he did handle the shipping of the equipment on their first tour with Lump...

and i agree.. (my gut feeling at the moment is more that Lump will come around and be a hero at the end... but who knows, that might be totally wrong :wacko: )

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..