What do you do with your exs?

JSmith

More specifically, your most recent breakup  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What happens when you break up with someone?

• We usually stay friends
    • I stop talking to them completely
    • We still have sex but aren't attached
    • Move on and leave it up to them to decide
    • Stalk them and scare away their new boy/girlfriends
    • Bury them and hide the axe.
    • Other

Tristan, that's a crazy story! Btw, good detective work. Lucky for your ex you did have internet savvy skills. I'd have to just take it, because I don't know how to do anything computer-wise, except Word. :D

I wonder what was the blackmailer's purpose in contacting you? What did he think he might accomplish. And I feel sorry for your ex- his supposed best friend did all that to him just because he said he only wanted to be friends. That just shows how people can surprise you and how do you know who to trust?? Jeez.

Anyway, I know the point of your post was that you can't remain friends with your exes, but wow, that was some story. I was reading anxiously to the end just to see what happened.

Nabbing those blackmailers, indeed!

Tristan, that's a crazy story!

Quite - It was surreal at the time and seems more-so now I think about it. One thing, my life is anything but uneventful!

I wonder what was the blackmailer's purpose in contacting you? What did he think he might accomplish.

He assumed I would have the same psychological make-up as him; spurned and wanting to get retribution, hurt the object of his obsession. He expected I'd be a typical scene-queen I guess, ready to dish the dirt and conspire against my ex. He couldn't comprehend that I could be angry with my ex but not be prepared to strike out at him as a result. That would have been to debase and devalue what we had when we were together.

Anyway, I know the point of your post was that you can't remain friends with your exes, but wow, that was some story. I was reading anxiously to the end just to see what happened.

Nabbing those blackmailers, indeed!

Yeah. I'd all but forgotten the whole incident until this thread kicked my memory cells. I'll have to incorporate it into one of my stories :)

Yeah. I'd all but forgotten the whole incident until this thread kicked my memory cells. I'll have to incorporate it into one of my stories :)

You should! I quite enjoyed reading it, lol. It was like a mini story in the forums. You would be pretty good at writing a thriller/mystery type of thing---like trying to find out who the blackmailer is...showing how upset the ex is---going into details/emotions. Wow. I think you should write something like that. I LOVE thriller and mysteries, but only when others write it, because I can't. I don't know how. :wacko:

You should! I quite enjoyed reading it, lol. It was like a mini story in the forums. You would be pretty good at writing a thriller/mystery type of thing---like trying to find out who the blackmailer is...showing how upset the ex is---going into details/emotions. Wow. I think you should write something like that. I LOVE thriller and mysteries, but only when others write it, because I can't. I don't know how. :wacko:

If that's the case I suspect you're gonna love my entry for the Spring 2008 Anthology - look out for "Mother of All Assumptions" :D

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how this turned out. Hopefully well. One thing I noticed was you were going to his place. To me that's a smart decision. At least if things go badly you can just leave as opposed to trying to kick him out of your place. That could get ugly.

How about an update please!

I've had two exes. One died. The other cheated on me. I'm not sure how to vote. I'm still angry at the first one. The second one might fall into the murder with an axe and hide the body category. I did try one more time, albeit I would not call him a boyfriend. We went out once. A play and dinner. The negative vibes from him were unbearable. We live in a culturally diverse community. He constantly bitched throughout the whole afternoon and early evening whenever he saw a Cuban, Haitian, someone from Central America, anyone who didn't appear to be from here. By the end of the date when he asked if I'd call again I told him no. I received a scathing e-mail from him about how I'm just as bad as the Cubans. It made me chuckle and confirmed my decision to end things after the first date.

If that's the case I suspect you're gonna love my entry for the Spring 2008 Anthology - look out for "Mother of All Assumptions" :D

I'm eager to read all of the anthologies. They are going to be wonderful!

Scar might simply be misunderstood. That is what CJ said, and he would never mislead us. :wacko:

Yah, and CJ doesn't write cliffhangers. If that's not misleading then I could lead you almost anywhere. :lol:

B) .............Yeah Bk, we already know how he treats his "ex" friends

Well, in that case... go ahead... and I'll jump into the foray...

I don't think I'd like to be Scar's ex.... he has too bad a habit of not leaving any loose links...

Well, in that case... go ahead... and I'll jump into the foray...

I don't think I'd like to be Scar's ex.... he has too bad a habit of not leaving any loose links...

Yeah, he is quite imaginitive in how he kills. I also wonder if anyone would Julian as an ex. He may be one of the good guys, but he has a temper. :ph34r:

Let's please try to deal with real-life exes. Thanks. :)

The reason I had a problem with the vote was because there was no option for how to deal with an ex that wasn't supposed to be an ex. My first ex and I were together for 17 years before stupidity caused him to be killed during Hurricane Andrew in 1992.

Edited by GaryInMiami

The reason I had a problem with the vote was because there was no option for how to deal with an ex that wasn't supposed to be an ex. My first ex and I were together for 17 years before stupidity caused him to be killed during Hurricane Andrew in 1992.

I agree. I think you still need to let him go. We all make bad decisions. Sometimes those decisions can cost lives. There is also a chance that you can find someone even better for you. Keep the faith. :hug:

I agree. I think you still need to let him go. We all make bad decisions. Sometimes those decisions can cost lives. There is also a chance that you can find someone even better for you. Keep the faith. :hug:

:wub: You know how hard I've struggled with this issue and I just can't get past it. Let's talk about that in private like we usually do please. :)

aww :hug:

I'm sorry, Gary.

Perhaps someone should start a thread about how to deal with the death of a partner?

aww :hug:

I'm sorry, Gary.

Perhaps someone should start a thread about how to deal with the death of a partner?

I haven't figured out how to deal with it and it's been close to 16 years, so don't look for me to start a thread about it.

• 1 year later...

Out of all my ex's I'm only talking to one of them...barely. My last one I will use the axe option on if I ever see his sorry ass again.

As for the rest, I think it's uncomfortable and it just seems natural to drift apart. I have no real explanation why, perhaps it just makes me uneasy being round them!

My first ex married a woman who was mean to our daughter and so we fell out over that.... kind of. I mean we are still on speaking terms and he always buys me a drink if we are at the same bar etc.

My second ex is still one of my best friends. We have always been friends and always will be. We were together for 16 years and have a son so a lot of history just to flush down the toilet. It really isn't his fault he doesn't love me any more, something like that can't be forced or faked so why should I be angry or lose a friend over it.

I believe in unconditional love. If I love someone it's forever whether we are together or not. Sometimes it is hard but it's worth striving for.

• Like 1