[Shadowgod] The Mother of all Cliffhangers poll

Shadowgod's Cliffhangers  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these cliffhangers is the Mother of All Cliffhangers?

• Shot of Bourbon 5
    • LiS 5,
    • LiS 12
    • LiS 18
    • LiS 23; the infamous Lemonaide Cliffhanger
    • LiS 26 (!!!!)
    • DnCW1
    • DnCW2
    • DnCW3 (the infamous letter)
    • Another of Shadowgod's chaptters or stories
    • None of the Above

Okay, TL suggested this poll, so here it is, as he requested! (I always try and be helpful!)

Which of Shadowgod's cliffhangers would you rate as the Mother of All Cliffhangers, and list the cliffies. I will past in a copy of the detailed list of LiS cliffies I posted here in this forum, but Shadowgod has cliffies in other stories too; Shot of Bourbon, Prelude to Destiny, and also Dreams & Cliffed Wings

Warning, spoilers below!!!! Do not read unless you have already read Living in Surreality.

Ch2

Joanne gave Jacob a look which spoke volumes, trust, understanding, but most of all that what happened with the school district in Sacramento wasn't entirely his fault.

And we wait for two several more chapters before finding out WHAT Jacob did in Sacramento.

Ch 5

Matt's face blanched, wondering how long Jacob had been standing there. Matt couldn't find the words, as Jacob slowly backed away, tears threatening to run down his cheeks. Jacob turned and ran from the school, unwilling to give Matt the satisfaction of seeing him hurt.

This was a doozy of a cliffhanger, JAcob had just heard Matt deny him. This is the infamous locker cliffhanger; Jacob breaks his hand punching a locker.

Ch 6

"Val?" he repeated in a high-pitched croak.

The line went dead.

Matt threw the receiver across the room with a painful howl, where it smashed against the wall. Wrapping his arms around his head, Matt attempted to shield himself from the anger and frustration he felt with himself, with Jacob, and most of all, with Valerie.

We are left, feeling Matt's angst, he feelings of abandonment and betrayal, as the chapter ends in a dizzying cliffhanger.

Ch 8, the "Nazi Waitress" tells Matt about Val and Jacob's appearing as a couple at the pizza parlor.

Ch 9, Matt and Jacob caught in the act by Matt's father, and the chapter ends with Matt's Mom planning on having a long talk with Jacob's Mom.

Ch 12

"Come over," Jacob commanded. "Wear a hat," then he abruptly hung up not giving Matt a chance to question.

Jacob smiled, as he dialed Valerie's number next.

What is Jacob up too? We are left HANGING to find out!!!

Ch 14, Brendon kissed Jacob at the movies, and the chapter ended before it was resolved, leaving us to wonder if Val would castrate Jacob.

Ch 18:

Richard nodded his assent, "I'll talk with Matthew, he'll fight, just like the last time I came between him and this little shit. I think Matthew or Valerie said he had moved here from Sacramento. So you might want to tell this Raul guy that he may have to travel up north."

"It won't be a problem for him; he had to go to Taiwan for s similar situation," Catherine shrugged as she pulled her self off of Richard's desk.

"Find out how quick he can get me some starting information, will you, I want this Matthew issue dealt with before it becomes too much of a problem," Richard said, dismissing her, and in effect his son.

Here we are getting into the truly dizzying cliffhangers: MAtt's Father has just sicked a PI on his own son!!!

Ch 20

"Hello?" a familiar voice sounded from the other end that threatened to fracture Jacob's wide smile. "Jacob?" the voice asked, as Jacob's brow furrowed with the sound of his name in a voice he never thought he'd hear again.

"Cody?" Jacob responded, his voice nearly catching in his throat as the excitement bled out from him.

This is the call from Cody to JAcob, and the chapter ends, leacing us HANGING as we wonder what on earth it will entail.

CH 21

"Hello," he spoke with a smile, watching as Cody pulled his shirt from where it was slung over his shoulder, using it to wipe the beads of sweat from his face, and then from his lean, sculpted torso. "Nice day today," Raul commented, making small talk.

Cody spared the man a sarcastic smile. "Nice shirt," Cody smirked; panning the loud Hawaiian print shirt Raul wore with the top four buttons unbuttoned revealing the white A-shirt he wore underneath.

"You didn't call me out here to mock my shirt," Raul observed, receiving a surrendering half-smile from Cody in the process. "I take you called me out here to talk."

Cody took a moment to think about the guy's assessment. Figuring it was mostly true, he gave Raul a cocky nod, accentuated with an even cockier smile.

Here we are left HANGING wondering what Cody will do regarding Raul's offer. Will he betray JAcob?

Ch 22: Matt and Jacob at the quarry, manage to get locked out naked, and have to call Carlos. I'd call this a naked cliffhanger if ever there was one!

Ch 23:

"C'mon," Joanne said stepping away, her eyes threatening to water. "Let's all go have some lemonade," she offered opening the front door.

this one is the infamous Lemonade Cliffhanger.

Ch 26... Quite simply, the Mother of All Cliffhangers.

And there we have it... 13 cliffhangers, each one building until we are slammed and ripped assunder by LiS 26. I'm definitely not saying that Shadowgod over-used cliffies, but rather, he uses them for effect. Devastating effect.

:worship:

I hereby declare this poll as rigged! There is no option of 'none of the above'!! :P In a good democratic poll, there should be option of all the possibilities... :)

It's not rigged! :P

And I also note that LiS 26 is leading with 100% of the vote! :2thumbs:

It's not rigged! :P

And I also note that LiS 26 is leading with 100% of the vote! :2thumbs:

B) ...............LiS 26 is my favorite, and I note is still leading at 100% Way to go Shadowgd!!

I chose None of the Above. Nice try, Lord Goatamort. I am going to declare LTMP Chapter 30 as the Mother of all Cliffhangers. LiS Chapter 26 is in second place. :P

But I thought this poll was for Cliffhangers done by Shadowgod? :unsure:

I'll wait to vote. I'm in middle of Lis. Now up to chp 18! :D Damn! Thank God I'm reading this as it's complete. There are a lot of cliffhangers! Poor CJ! :( I wonder if this isn't the incident that permanently affected his brain and made him addict to cliffies. :(

And CJ, in your first post, you said 'Prelude to Destiny' having a cliffie but it was a short story! :wacko:

Ieshwar

But I thought this poll was for Cliffhangers done by Shadowgod? :unsure:

I'll wait to vote. I'm in middle of Lis. Now up to chp 18! :D Damn! Thank God I'm reading this as it's complete. There are a lot of cliffhangers! Poor CJ! :( I wonder if this isn't the incident that permanently affected his brain and made him addict to cliffies. :(

And CJ, in your first post, you said 'Prelude to Destiny' having a cliffie but it was a short story! :wacko:

Ieshwar

Well, I am about ready to read LiS again. And I think the wording of the poll clearly suggests that it's concerning the most evil cliffhanger on the entire site. Shall I start calling you Sacha Jr.? :lmao:

Well, I am about ready to read LiS again. And I think the wording of the poll clearly suggests that it's concerning the most evil cliffhanger on the entire site. Shall I start calling you Sacha Jr.? :lmao:

:lol:

I don't really mind...if it makes me get a cool bf as soon as possible! :lmao: But I still maintain that CJ is the King of Evilest Cliffies.

I also think it's only about Shadowy's cliffies here.

Ieshwar

• Site Administrator

I don't think I'll be voting, since the poll question implies the vote is for the Mother of all cliffhangers for all authors, when my favourite cliffhanger isn't on the list (because it's not by Shadowgod).

I don't think I'll be voting, since the poll question implies the vote is for the Mother of all cliffhangers for all authors, when my favourite cliffhanger isn't on the list (because it's not by Shadowgod).

Same here...but I voted for none of the above...

You should share it with us anyway. :P I have my suspicions already.

Well, there are numerous cliffies from different authors that I have liked. :) For fear of giving out spoilers, I will not name them, but if you want names of the stories, PM me...

• Site Administrator
You should share it with us anyway. :P I have my suspicions already.

Your suspicions are not correct, at least as far as I'm concerned. The mother of all cliffhangers, for me, is one that hasn't been posted yet. I just happen to have the (mis)fortune to be a beta-reader for the author... 0:)

And before someone, who shall remain nameless, mentions it, I'm beta reading for both DnCW and LTMP.... I'll leave it to you to work out which one I'm likely to be thinking of :D

Your suspicions are not correct, at least as far as I'm concerned. The mother of all cliffhangers, for me, is one that hasn't been posted yet. I just happen to have the (mis)fortune to be a beta-reader for the author... 0:)

And before someone, who shall remain nameless, mentions it, I'm beta reading for both DnCW and LTMP.... I'll leave it to you to work out which one I'm likely to be thinking of :D

I'd heard rumors but... This confirms it! That cliffhanger in DnCW 7 is every bit as diabolical as i thought!!! :o

Hrmmm, just out of curiosity, Graeme, would it have been a spoiler if you had stated whose story it was in?

Whatever that may be...I am not talking about either CJ or Shadowgod...for me, I have read far more devastating cliffies than they have provided... No offence to them, but I have... :)

• Site Administrator
I'd heard rumors but... This confirms it! That cliffhanger in DnCW 7 is every bit as diabolical as i thought!!! :o

No comment :D apart from saying that it's not a confirmation of anything.

Hrmmm, just out of curiosity, Graeme, would it have been a spoiler if you had stated whose story it was in?

An interesting question. I decided it was better not to risk it and didn't mention which story. :mace:

An interesting question. I decided it was better not to risk it and didn't mention which story. :mace:

You are just as evil as Shadowgod and Lord Goatamort. Such a tease you are. :P

Okay, let's look closely at the above... :devil:

The only problem is, Mr. Echidna, is you did mention which author. You listed both Shadowgod and myself, but in the previous post you said it's not shadowgod.

Sooo, I would say this counts as a SPOILER, no?

Echidna, pincushion thyself! :P:P :P :P

• Site Administrator

The only problem is, Mr. Echidna, is you did mention which author. You listed both Shadowgod and myself, but in the previous post you said it's not shadowgod.

Echidna, pincushion thyself! :P:P:P:P

Don't reply to this Graeme!!!

I'll hire a lawyer, or is it a barrister, or maybe a solicitor, to handle this situation.

From my understanding, a pardon can be granted by a ruling monarch. So if Queen Elizabeth II is too busy, we can have a bus load of lawyers descend upon CJ's house and get him to sign an official pardon. :D

After all, he is the ruling Queen of Evilest Cliffhangers :P

Steve

• Site Administrator

Echidna, pincushion thyself! :P:P :P :P

Don't reply to this Graeme!!!

I'll hire a lawyer, or is it a barrister, or maybe a solicitor, to handle this situation.

From my understanding, a pardon can be granted by a ruling monarch. So if Queen Elizabeth II is too busy, we can have a bus load of lawyers descend upon CJ's house and get him to sign an official pardon. :D

After all, he is the ruling Queen of Evilest Cliffhangers :P

Steve

:lol: Thanks for the concern, Steve, but I don't see a problem. No author or story has been specified. If someone uses deductive logic to derive the information that may or may not appear in a future chapter of an unnamed story, then that's fine. They have no firm knowledge of future events, and, as such, can not be considered to be a spoiler. To indicate that a story may get tense in the future is not, in my opinion, a spoiler. To indicate WHY a story WILL get tense in the future, IS a spoiler.

Spoilers are information about the future in a story, such that the enjoyment of the story is diminished for someone who has yet to read to that point. This situation does not appear to warrant that. I personally like to be conservative when I think I might risk giving a spoiler, and tend to provide less information that I could legitimately provide -- just in case.

• Site Administrator
:lol: Thanks for the concern, Steve, but I don't see a problem. No author or story has been specified. If someone uses deductive logic to derive the information that may or may not appear in a future chapter of an unnamed story, then that's fine. They have no firm knowledge of future events, and, as such, can not be considered to be a spoiler. To indicate that a story may get tense in the future is not, in my opinion, a spoiler. To indicate WHY a story WILL get tense in the future, IS a spoiler.

Spoilers are information about the future in a story, such that the enjoyment of the story is diminished for someone who has yet to read to that point. This situation does not appear to warrant that. I personally like to be conservative when I think I might risk giving a spoiler, and tend to provide less information that I could legitimately provide -- just in case.

Darn, and I was planning a bus load of lawyers and another of engineers (you being exempt though :P ), to surround CJ's place and blare Randy Travis 24/7 until he signed a pardon :D .

Oh well, maybe if CJ continues on pursuing Shadowgod as creating the mother of all cliffhangers, we can send them out to change his mind.

Steve B)

Darn, and I was planning a bus load of lawyers and another of engineers (you being exempt though :P ), to surround CJ's place and blare Randy Travis 24/7 until he signed a pardon :D .

Oh well, maybe if CJ continues on pursuing Shadowgod as creating the mother of all cliffhangers, we can send them out to change his mind.

Steve B)

He will never give up. He should have at least added one of his evil cliffhangers to the list. :angry:

He will never give up. He should have at least added one of his evil cliffhangers to the list. :angry:

Nope, sorry, I couldn't do that... This was about Shadowgod's cliffhanger, so I didn't want to go :off:

0:)

Nope, sorry, I couldn't do that... This was about Shadowgod's cliffhanger, so I didn't want to go :off:

0:)

Perhaps I should start a fair and balanced thread in The Lounge over such a topic. :lol: